Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 3, 2019 8:03 PM
Nov 2016
raidante said:
Hazuki-Maiyuki said:
Greak work, JC Staff tired their best, give some applause.

or all you ppl complain go read manga instead.

or even better the web comic. it has better animation than JC STAFF’s

You deserve a 10/10, the sarcasm is on point.
May 4, 2019 12:56 AM

Feb 2019
Glad to see some Metal Bat in this episode, pretty interesting guy.
May 4, 2019 3:45 AM

Oct 2013
Even though I'm still salty about the animation, I'm really loving Garo as a character. He's carrying the show for me.

I wonder if he's even better in the manga.

May 4, 2019 7:25 AM
May 2016
Raines said:
Even though I'm still salty about the animation, I'm really loving Garo as a character. He's carrying the show for me.

W A Y better. Honestly the manga is so much more objectively better than the anime 4 episodes in so far I don't honestly see why you'd want to continue experiencing an inferior adaptation of ONE's work. The manga has some of THE most gorgeous art in manga, so fucking easily, it's worth a read just for Murata's talent and dedication as an artist alone.
May 4, 2019 7:50 AM

Jun 2013
Metal Bat is one of my favorite OPM characters so obviously,I enjoyed this episode despite its many flaws.

Nice to see Garou spending time with that kid again at the park.
臭い-
May 4, 2019 12:40 PM

Oct 2013
Modernoir said:
Raines said:

W A Y better. Honestly the manga is so much more objectively better than the anime 4 episodes in so far I don't honestly see why you'd want to continue experiencing an inferior adaptation of ONE's work. The manga has some of THE most gorgeous art in manga, so fucking easily, it's worth a read just for Murata's talent and dedication as an artist alone.

I'll still finish this season since it's kinda enjoyable, but I will definitely check out the manga after and stick with that. Thanks for the input!

May 4, 2019 8:50 PM

May 2012
the animation on this episode is really good. i wonder why some viewers said its still disappointing. the impact and sound is on point as well at least in my opinion. sure, there is a liiiiittle bit like a few second of a slump, but overall its very good.

one thing i might want to point out how they can make the drawing even better is to actually have a martial artist to have a look on their key animation so it actually looks like a proper fight or fighting stance.

btw, the show is soooo much better without devil cyborg and his shiny armor lol
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
May 5, 2019 7:55 AM

May 2016
I liked how they handled Metal Bat's fight with the Centipede trio and his noble delinquent was really likable in addition to how awesome his combat style looked like. I'd love to see more of him in action but his fight with Garou's set for next week.

This episode pretty much hyped me up for the things to come because it felt more like a transition to the Tournament Arc. Can't wait for the next episode~

May 6, 2019 12:48 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode this week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2019 11:23 AM
Nov 2018
qwertyMrJINX said:
So, first episode of the filler arc, and the pacing has slowed considerably. Pretty concerning, as I was really enjoying the show up to this point.

Gonna stick with it, since it's not like there's an alternative. The main series hasn't even been updated in over a year. Really hoping this is just an unusually slow start, and that this arc picks up and gets over with sooner rather than later.

The main series is back BTW , there is already 3 new chapters in the past 3 weeks
May 7, 2019 5:46 AM

Aug 2016
I like Japanese yob deliquent movies, so Metal Bat is certainly one of my favorite S-class heroes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2019 6:20 AM

Dec 2016
Episode was actually decent all around in animation for once, but man really hope they don't fumble the bag on Metal Bat vs. Garou
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 8, 2019 3:49 PM

Jul 2016
CoAdaMoL said:
qwertyMrJINX said:
So, first episode of the filler arc, and the pacing has slowed considerably. Pretty concerning, as I was really enjoying the show up to this point.

Gonna stick with it, since it's not like there's an alternative. The main series hasn't even been updated in over a year. Really hoping this is just an unusually slow start, and that this arc picks up and gets over with sooner rather than later.

The main series is back BTW , there is already 3 new chapters in the past 3 weeks
Thanks! Good to know!
May 9, 2019 7:29 PM
Jan 2019
Another great episode 😀👌.
1. What anger that Garou does not remember who left him unconscious xD.
2. King talks about video games as real missions. LOL.
3. "Fist of carbonated water"? Saitma is a loquillo 😂.
4. "Caraagria"?, Those unique names.
5. It's funny how high are the expectations of Saitama's Unlicensed Rider 😅.
6. I wonder how strong is Whatchdog Man to be number 12 of the class S.
7. 17:54 minutes ... Marco "The Fenix", is that you?
8. Metallic bat is very strong 💪😎, but no, I find grace in your fighting style 😅. It's a shame what will happen to him in the next episode. Damn Garou!

I can not wait to see the Martial Arts tournament! That will be intense and very funny 😂. If they discover Saitama, Charanko is lost.
May 11, 2019 9:49 PM

Jan 2014
DarknessReality said:
shayed__ said:

And saitama is still just a guy that one shots everyone. whats so hard to believe about metal bat being in S class

Its just a thing that I cant really believe. I don't really have any reasoning behind it its just when there's psychics and superpowers I find it hard to believe a guy with a bat managed to rise through the ranks. But I guess that's just because he got in before that A class 1 dude was around.

this. I thought I'm the only one.
May 12, 2019 7:21 AM

May 2015
That Pineapple hero is my spirit animal.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 16, 2019 5:53 AM

Mar 2013
Pretty cowardly of Garo to go after Metal Bat after he'd already sustained a lot of damage in another fight. Same going for the other guy while he was drunk.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 21, 2019 5:07 AM
Jan 2018
Looks like they focused on the CG monsters more which looked pretty cool .

Metal bat is quite cool too
May 27, 2019 9:38 AM

Mar 2016
Okay, no joke, this ep actually got a lot of amazingly animated scene. Not a masterpiece, but damn, the visual animation was great and the visual quality is quite good too. The CGI used for the centipedes are actually really nicely integrated to the overall show's art style, so it doesn't look out of place. Well, animation can change, but sound fx usually never. ANd as expected, when there's a lot of action, there're also many of that ear rape explosion sound fx. Never wear a headphone/earphone when watching OPM S2!!!

Garou is already more badass by the minutes, and oof he'll be one savage badass!
Jun 8, 2019 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
Because of Garo we're seeing a lot more focus on other heroes especially the s class ones, this time we got Metal Bat.
Jul 10, 2019 3:00 AM

Mar 2015
Metal Bat as cool as I remember!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 12, 2019 9:58 PM

Jul 2013
Definitely the best episode so far. Animation gets better and better it seems which is really nice to see.

This time we got to see a lot of Metal Bat which was pretty cool. I like that they focuse on all the other heros from episode to episode. These monsters get bigger and bigger and now there's this giant centipede thing on level dragon?

Pretty poor move of Garo going on to Metal Bat when he's fighting this big thing. Next episode finally the tourney.

Jul 21, 2019 7:33 AM

Mar 2015
Fuck those centipedes. This episode was scarier than every horror anime combined thanks to my fear of centipedes lol
Jul 27, 2019 4:02 AM
Sep 2015
Listen guys, idc about the animation quality.

This season's weak point is the plot. This episode was so boring!
Lots of filler scenes (for example that useless chatter in the roof of the hospital)

Oh, and also Garo used to watch superhero shows and cheer for the villain *ugh*
That reminds me of a high school classmate that cried when Batman beat Joker 😑
Jul 27, 2019 8:13 AM
Nov 2016
JOELbedulla said:
Listen guys, idc about the animation quality.

This season's weak point is the plot.

The plot is good enough in the manga, you will barely see us complaining about the manga in other websites like Reddit or Mangastream, most of our complains comes from this mediocre season 2.

If a better director and better animators handled this season then this would have been extremely good, as good as season 1 but this shit is what we got, just a generic mediocre season.
Jul 27, 2019 9:55 AM

Dec 2018
The Hero Association should've find a way to know if the heroes are really doing their job. Probably King only see that association as a retarded association.

Garou somewhat reminded me of Tailung (Kungfu Panda).
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 7, 2019 9:15 AM

Jul 2015
Too bad Garo forgot about Saitama tapping him unconcious

Can't wait to see Charanko 2.0 defeat all the contestants

Sep 17, 2019 9:32 AM

Nov 2015
Metal Bat is definitely one of my favourite S class heroes! That one scene he kinda reminded me of Caneda from Akira.
Feb 8, 2020 6:26 PM

Apr 2015
I'm not 100% sure why, but this season feels so much slower and less fun to watch. I really hope it picks up soon. I feel like the emphasis on trying to setup Garo is making the show lag.

It was nice to see Metal Bat get a chance to shine this episode though so there was that.
Jul 22, 2020 10:22 AM

Apr 2009
Ah Metal Bat can't catch a damn break, even Garou wants a piece of him!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 3, 2021 9:30 PM

Feb 2019
This episode wasn't as fun as the previous ones as it was mostly talking and fighting that plant thing :/

Hopefully we get to see some Saitama and Garou action next episode :D
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jan 31, 2021 10:29 AM

Oct 2020
Garou had a story then. However he looks got distorted. Supporting bad guys for just they try hard to be bad, lame. Probably he got a head injury.

Metal bat was cool there. Nice fighting with his bat. But he has two monsters to beat now.

Oh I thought this time they start the tournament. But alas! They didn't. I want to see Saitama fighting. This is funny that Charanko still didn't understood Saitama's power.

However at the starting when Garou woke up I saw Hindi writing on a billboard. I wonder if anyone noticed or could be my imagination.
Apr 23, 2021 3:07 AM

Apr 2013
Not quite as good as the two episodes before, but not every episode can be incredible. Still a good one and the CGI looked quite good. I wanted to see the first round of the tournament, but seems like that will start next episode.
Oct 3, 2022 7:41 AM
Oct 2022
Story is pretty heavily focused on just building up this one big villain the entire time and it's not really entertaining at all. The drop in animation quality is MASSIVE and that may be an understatement. Really goes to show just how good season one actually was.
Oct 7, 2022 11:30 AM
Oct 2022
amazing anime, i dot have to say anything else
Dec 11, 2022 11:39 PM
Oct 2021
decent episode, kinda good for my opinon thank you for asking.
Oct 13, 2023 6:53 PM

Mar 2012
Good to see we're still getting some monster attacks. That was definitely something missing this season compared to how many we got in S1.

Metal Bat's a pretty cool dude. Man's got no time to be dealing with Garou's monster larping.
Nov 22, 2023 5:32 PM

Jul 2021
Metal bat going crazy.

Dec 9, 2023 9:14 PM

Nov 2023
I bet Metal bat cant even defeat saitama
Dec 28, 2023 4:01 PM
Apr 2018
Bugs life, but larger than life, and violent; meets Kung Fu Panda.
May 13, 7:38 PM

Jul 2016
Saitama honoring the fact that Charanko took on Garou solo was unexpectedly heartwarming.

Also, that Shadow of the Colossus lookin centipede thing has such a sick monster design
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

187 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

236 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.