Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2018 12:31 PM

Feb 2018
From someone who just saw the whole series this past weekend and does not know about the LN, I think it was a pretty good finale and fit to the animated series plot and theme. The first half may have been a bit slow in terms of character development but now I see it was necessary to set up Violet's personality.

Very good technically speaking, too. I'll give it a 9, even if I wasn't so emotionally attached to it having not followed it during the season.

About the ending scene, before getting spoiled about the LN, I thought it may be one of Violet's past clients and I still think so judging by her contained expression. My first thought was Anne, the girl receiving letters from her mother for her birthday, who may want to write a letter to her. I'll wait for further revelations, though.
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Apr 5, 2018 12:31 PM

Feb 2015
I'm so gonna miss this anime! :(
Apr 5, 2018 12:55 PM

May 2015
benedict and his high heels saves the day him kicking the bomb was really absurd without any context or whatsoever who in the right mind would do that
it all ended decently ill be honest and agree that the story is not that memorable i dont know if i watched it when i was a little younger would it stroked me harder like past drama anime
read the novel when i was in college it was really short but the author expressed how i should see violet then i got attached to her i mean every introduction violet's beauty is being emphasized and the episodic format helped violet's world building without removing some mystery behind violet's background I expected so much for adaptation yes they pulled through but I guess no one can satisfy our expectations. I think what felt flat for me is the removal of violets mysterious background " a beautiful girl with prosthetic iron arms which writes letters" who wouldn't be intrigued by that and as episodes goes by you learn more of her and get attach to her character. I think that format of storytelling wouldve matched the 13 episode format better than building her character from scratch, the last episodes felt so rushed sure it had feels in it but ugh it kind of fell flat

I sure love if gil is still alive i like happy endings afterall
and regarding their relationship i sure hope its parental, raising your wife from scratch just feels so bad idc about the age difference its irrelevant for me but raising and falling inlove is just wrong (usagi drop NotLikeThis)

10/10 bias score :D
Apr 5, 2018 2:04 PM
Jun 2016
Gil's Mom: He is alive

Violet: (◉.◉)

Gil's Mom: within my heart

Violet: (ಠ_ಠ)

Me: cries in the corner

ENOUGH WITH THE TROLLS KYOANI!!

Well, after actually watching the episode. The ending was quite good to tie up the season even for its bittersweet ending. im a pro-gilbert is alive fan that wanted violet to actually express & interact with him after knowing what it meant to love & be loved by someone.She should at least have experience it for herself is what i meant.

But....seeing violet somewhat accepted his passing depicted in a scene of him happily fading away was so very beautifully done that i also come to terms for his death.if that makes any sense..

Rip gilbert
Apr 5, 2018 2:18 PM
Jan 2018
All in all i really enjoyed this anime. The on-going plot about violet and the major wasn't really what I thought made this good but rather the heartwarming and moving stories contained within each individual episode.
As such I preferred the earlier episodes and I think violets story needed at least 2 seasons to convey her journey properly but I still think it was brilliant 9/10
Apr 5, 2018 2:28 PM

May 2016
I don't know what to write my head is filled with so many emotions and sadness and sorrow are 90% of it, I'm glad that Gil's brother survived that train incident I definitely thought he was a goner last episode, I don't know but future letters are pretty cool especially if you forget about them I'm thinking to write one for mysel.

One more thing Gilbert please don't be dead please. 8/10
Apr 5, 2018 2:32 PM

Jan 2017
This anime did a climax well, I felt so excited watching that train scene. And the the introduction of Gilbert's mom had set te feels

At the end it said that another production has been green lit... Is that supposed to be the ova or is it another season. It seemed do ambiguous.

In any case, I'd like to see the ending to this anime because of that strange smile violet had before the anime closed; a mixture of surprise and joy, it was
Apr 5, 2018 2:51 PM

Oct 2010
9/10 mostly because of very specific episodes like the one about the playwright and the one about the dying mother and her daughter. Main plot was slightly above average but I liked all the characters and this easily has the best soundtrack in a long time. Animation top notch of course. Biggest problem to me was it's very obvious that Major is still alive. Her final client in this episode was obviously someone she knew, and he's a highly likely candidate.

All the people calling this "Average" and "not memorable" I think are exaggerating a bit. They're probably hating it more because they got caught up in hype (Despite their own claims).
Apr 5, 2018 2:55 PM
Jan 2018
Gosh this anime is just so amazing. I don't know if I will ever find another anime that will make me cry nearly this much. I'm sad to see it end!
Apr 5, 2018 2:57 PM

Nov 2016
This episode was the conclusion and like the others this one was emotional. Really enjoyed how violet grow as a person comparing her to the first episode. Overall is a good anime with some impressive animation/soundtrack. The beginning is not that good but from episode 7 onwards become way better.
Apr 5, 2018 3:12 PM

Mar 2013
Lucident said:
SalmonSandwich said:

Was hesitant at first, but I realized how redundant imo it was to spoiler that since majority of the people on this thread already revealed it, and since majority of the novel is spoiled if you watched this far? Also Gilbert's death was revealed to be a ruse and never the driving narrative/mystery pretty early in the source material so :/...

I guess it's reasonable but I was merely hinted that he could still be alive in the anime before, I didn't know that .. yea you know so that's upsetting but whatever

In hindsight I was rude, hope I wasn't too antagonistic man :/ I just really thought it was redundant since we are in the finale, sorry if I did ruin certain aspects of the novel.
Apr 5, 2018 3:22 PM
Jul 2008
I just wanted.... the LN final :c i didnt even care about the rest, just the final u.u
Apr 5, 2018 4:43 PM
Jan 2017
ran_haibara said:
I just wanted.... the LN final :c i didnt even care about the rest, just the final u.u

Well maybe its not a Novel final but if you want to see the happy ending you have to think more. For example flowers language is very important in LN and here even more because they can use flowers visually to show us sth. Look at the ending - behind Violet are flowers. The pink one are in 3 scenes. The pink one are big one. Now go in google and write Bougavillea flowers. :) You see that what I did?
Apr 5, 2018 5:09 PM

Apr 2015
They pussied out of the LN's bold ending. I'm not going to spoil anything, but KyoAni was definitely afraid of causing an uproar.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 5, 2018 5:16 PM

Mar 2018
I have seen various comment but as pure anime watcher, i think this is a great show. It got it's emotional moments but in the end it didn't make me feels that i left part of my soul and questions the meaning of life after i watched it unlike other emotional anime that i've watched before. I love it when they put the setting on other episodes when Violet read her letter starting from the bell tower (Luculia's episode).

Gonna give it 9/10 at first.. then again, even though i rarely care about animation an such, this show really pleased my eyes. Love the music too (darn that "torment" track that they always put on almost every episodes, i could listen it for hours), so in the end this show got 10/10 from me regardless of it flaws and others opinion about it.
Apr 5, 2018 5:50 PM

Dec 2016
Beautiful anime <3 The art is gorgeous and the way it touched our souls is even better! Worth the watch :D

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 5, 2018 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
Decent show overall, I'm definitely not regretting my time with it.
Apr 5, 2018 6:08 PM

Aug 2014
.the action in this episode ended fast.

animation was one of the best since ufotable's unlimited budget. story itself was really eh . other than that, i haven't read the LN so I have no clue what they were trying to hint at the end. The ambiguous ending was alright, although I highly doubt that it'd be Gilbert.

was the show overhyped? yeah. Did it live up to the hype? nah.

also can someone explain why Violet was riding a fucking axe in the PV? I legitimately thought this show was going to be some next level fantasy shit when I saw that in the PV
around 0:16
Apr 5, 2018 6:18 PM

Jun 2014
Beautiful ending.

I'm really glad I watched this, as I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I can't remember the last time an Anime made me cry so many times. I can't wait to see the next VE project that comes out, whether it be a series, movie or OVA.

Apr 5, 2018 6:24 PM

Apr 2016
I gave it a 7. Although Violet was a great character, I don't think I can remember any character outside of Gilbert. No one really stood out. Most of the episodes were kinda okay outside a few exceptions of greatness. Animation is great. OST is great too. I just can't get behind the quality of the characters and the majority of this shows writing. How on earth does this show have an 8.55 median score??
Apr 5, 2018 6:27 PM

Apr 2016
Oh one more thing, the ambiguous ending that probably points toward the special better not reveal that Gilbert is alive. That go against the best thing about this show. VIOLET'S DEVELOPMENT.
Apr 5, 2018 7:25 PM

May 2009
Great show, perhaps best of last season. Beautiful and touching. Amazing art!
Apr 5, 2018 7:29 PM

Nov 2015
Major_Gilbert said:
Not bad. Glad that I'm dead. Well there's still a chance, but what good will it do...
You made my day .. xD
Apr 5, 2018 7:40 PM

Aug 2014
Mostly liked the standalone episodes, couldn't hold interest in Violet. Too much wasted potential.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 5, 2018 8:24 PM
Feb 2014
So when did home boi become a badass kicking bombs and shit? Like what?
Dokia
Apr 5, 2018 8:26 PM
Feb 2014
It was a really nice ending. I enjoyed the anime. It wasn't anything as I was expecting it to be but I didn't really have any expectation per say. It was a nice heart warming feel trip.
Dokia
Apr 5, 2018 8:59 PM
Feb 2015
I don't know why I still get surprised at MAL people. So much hate against Violet! Everything I love these guys hate, all they love looks like trash to me. *sigh*
Oh well...
I honestly have no complaints about this series. The art obviously is incredible, the story is exactly what I'm into, the OP and ED are just lovely. It didn't even bother me that Violet is op af fighting or that they didn't flesh out the secondary characters. I think it all fits the story they were trying to tell.
What I liked the most about this last episode is that they didn't bring Gilbert back. That would've pissed me off, honestly. People die in war and the power of love can't bring them back or miraculously save them from anything, so it's good that they changed the novel's ending.
For the sequel, it would be awesome if it was just a movie or some ova's showing a bit more of the characters stories, how they got to where they are and what happens to them after the anime ends. (again, no Gilbert, please)

Ps.: Before anyone acuses me of defending this "shit anime" only because I'm a "KyoAni fanboy", this is only the second one of their anime that I've completed (the first being Tamako Market, which I thought was fine), everything else bored me too much to get past episode 2
AugustoVSApr 5, 2018 9:08 PM
Apr 5, 2018 9:19 PM

Nov 2007
Tehqo said:
also can someone explain why Violet was riding a fucking axe in the PV? I legitimately thought this show was going to be some next level fantasy shit when I saw that in the PV around 0:16

That is what bothered you of everything? Not few more seconds in (to be precise at 0:21)? Pay careful attention.

This is a promotional for the Novel and NOT the anime. It has already been discussed that the animators took their liberty to work with their own ideas for this adaptation. However, Violet's growth as a character is better in the anime than in the novel from what I have read so I am happy with the changes they made.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 5, 2018 9:49 PM

Jan 2017
I liked how they mixed original content with adapted ones. Pacing is terrible though. The anime is so focused on Violet that they didn't even let the other characters have the development or backstory they deserve. We didn't even know why Dietfried is so antagonistic towards Violet in the first place. And why bother introduce those original characters if they won't even develop them. They're fodders to Violet's development. If that's what they're going to do in the first place, then just adapt the novel content where it did much better. Also, it became quite repetitive at the end. I think it's much better to see Violet pondering after than just seeing her crying. I'm not going into technical since I'm not knowledgeable enough about that. Well, that's my opinion. I know that the novel has its own faults, I see it now but I like it better. Good overall.
Apr 5, 2018 9:56 PM
Jun 2017
It has basically 2 parts for this one, the peace treaty part where they prevent some groups from stopping that treaty... and it provides some action especially to Violet to stop those bombs from wrecking up the bridge..

And 2nd part or the Air show where you will made letters for yourself. It was a great experience for them all since they can tell what on their mind via the letter. I like what Violet has written there... and in the end she have stated she have understand what those words mean (by the major)

BEAUTIFUL FINAL EPISODE!!! love it
Apr 5, 2018 10:06 PM

Sep 2013
That was beautiful. The show gets me sad sometimes lul. A great story told in 13 episodes, didn't regret my time with it.

8.5/10 is my overall rating for this show

Apr 5, 2018 11:00 PM

Aug 2013
Not a bad show, visually one of the best shows I've ever seen, hell, one of the best KyoAni productions ever even including movies. But, this is an anime and has multiple things to take into consideration. Aside from a few episode which hit me super hard, the large majority of it for me personally was style over substance.

I think it's basically undeniable that this was another butchered KyoAni adaptation as well. The high-budget studio Pierrot.

What always perplexes me about KyoAni is any time they're adapting something that has definitive romance in it, they're like, "yea bitches, lets butcher this fucking adaptation like we're a goddamn meat market. Romance? What romance? Fuck romance. Doesnt matter if it was originally one of the novels biggest selling points. We're gonna swap that gay shit out with yuri/yaoi bait, or head scratching ambiguity! muahahahahahaha".

I mean just look at most of their shit lately. This show had all inclinations of romance removed. Kyoukai no Kanata had as much of it's romance removed as possible. Stuffed a tiny bit of it into the last movie. Hyouka had that shit fucking obliterated and replaced it with otaku pandering yuri bait to entice people to watch and buy. Amagi Brilliant Park had it's hints of romance removed, Koe no Katachi had it's more satisfactory ending replaced with ambiguity...the list goes on.

Mmmmmmmmmm....this is definitely gonna be one of the harder shows for me to rate. Like, I have to give it major credit in art, animation, and music. I also have to toss in some points for the episodes that I enjoyed, because, although few, they really got to me. But, I also have to deduct major points for a butchered adaptation and specifically because of killing off Gilbert. There's a big difference between quality of life changes (like her not using magic), and changing something integral to the story.

But...then you have to take into consideration that (one a-fucking-gain) ambiguous ending. Who did Violet see at the end there that made her pause? Was it somehow Gilbert? Hodgins and Cattleya made a pretty huge fucking deal about how important and urgent this request was just before she was sent out on it. Is it because they knew how important it would be to her? However, if she did see Gilbert wouldn't her first reaction to be to break down in tears? Did they not show it to keep us guessing? Was it somebody else she knew from the war days perhaps but unimportant to us viewers? Was it nobody, just someone who kind of surprised her? Do I add points on the speculation that it might be Gilbert? Or do I ignore it since we have no answer.

And then, what about this new project. If it's a movie (which is the most likely assumption following KyoAni's track record), will it be a sequel to the show? Will the movie incorporate the end of the show and give us an answer? If they decide to bring Gilbert back would they save it for the movie to make it more dramatic? If the movie (or whatever the project is) fixes flaws from the show, do I then adjust my rating since errors were rectified?

I feel like I'm watching the end of Seven....Whats in the box?? Awwwww nooooo nooooo ahhhh GOD....OH FUCKING GOD! WHATS IN THE FUCKING BOX MANNN WHATS IN THE BOX?!?!?!?!............OH GOD WHOS AT THE FUCKING DOOR VIOLET AHHHH WHOO???!!

I think it was a massive missed opportunity to not even keep Gilbert alive as like a teaser cameo either. Like during the airplane festival, all those letters are falling from the sky and you see a person band down and pick it up and only see their hand, and then they look at it and you see the obscured face with the letter blocking it, but can see the facial scars and an eyepatch, and then you see him smile or something. Or, that exact same situation, but he actually picked up the letter in the field of violets that flew far away while Violet was giving her monologue of her letter (which also would've played perfectly into Violet's trip to her client in that grassy flowery country side).
Apr 5, 2018 11:07 PM

Apr 2016
Jonesy974 said:
Not a bad show, visually one of the best shows I've ever seen, hell, one of the best KyoAni productions ever even including movies. But, this is an anime and has multiple things to take into consideration. Aside from a few episode which hit me super hard, the large majority of it for me personally was style over substance.

I think it's basically undeniable that this was another butchered KyoAni adaptation as well. The high-budget studio Pierrot.

What always perplexes me about KyoAni is any time they're adapting something that has definitive romance in it, they're like, "yea bitches, lets butcher this fucking adaptation like we're a goddamn meat market. Romance? What romance? Fuck romance. Doesnt matter if it was originally one of the novels biggest selling points. We're gonna swap that gay shit out with yuri/yaoi bait, or head scratching ambiguity! muahahahahahaha".

I mean just look at most of their shit lately. This show had all inclinations of romance removed. Kyoukai no Kanata had as much of it's romance removed as possible. Stuffed a tiny bit of it into the last movie. Hyouka had that shit fucking obliterated and replaced it with otaku pandering yuri bait to entice people to watch and buy. Amagi Brilliant Park had it's hints of romance removed, Koe no Katachi had it's more satisfactory ending replaced with ambiguity...the list goes on.

Mmmmmmmmmm....this is definitely gonna be one of the harder shows for me to rate. Like, I have to give it major credit in art, animation, and music. I also have to toss in some points for the episodes that I enjoyed, because, although few, they really got to me. But, I also have to deduct major points for a butchered adaptation and specifically because of killing off Gilbert. There's a big difference between quality of life changes (like her not using magic), and changing something integral to the story.

But...then you have to take into consideration that (one a-fucking-gain) ambiguous ending. Who did Violet see at the end there that made her pause? Was it somehow Gilbert? Hodgins and Cattleya made a pretty huge fucking deal about how important and urgent this request was just before she was sent out on it. Is it because they knew how important it would be to her? However, if she did see Gilbert wouldn't her first reaction to be to break down in tears? Did they not show it to keep us guessing? Was it somebody else she knew from the war days perhaps but unimportant to us viewers? Was it nobody, just someone who kind of surprised her? Do I add points on the speculation that it might be Gilbert? Or do I ignore it since we have no answer.

And then, what about this new project. If it's a movie (which is the most likely assumption following KyoAni's track record), will it be a sequel to the show? Will the movie incorporate the end of the show and give us an answer? If they decide to bring Gilbert back would they save it for the movie to make it more dramatic? If the movie (or whatever the project is) fixes flaws from the show, do I then adjust my rating since errors were rectified?

I feel like I'm watching the end of Seven....Whats in the box?? Awwwww nooooo nooooo ahhhh GOD....OH FUCKING GOD! WHATS IN THE FUCKING BOX MANNN WHATS IN THE BOX?!?!?!?!............OH GOD WHOS AT THE FUCKING DOOR VIOLET AHHHH WHOO???!!

I think it was a massive missed opportunity to not even keep Gilbert alive as like a teaser cameo either. Like during the airplane festival, all those letters are falling from the sky and you see a person band down and pick it up and only see their hand, and then they look at it and you see the obscured face with the letter blocking it, but can see the facial scars and an eyepatch, and then you see him smile or something. Or, that exact same situation, but he actually picked up the letter in the field of violets that flew far away while Violet was giving her monologue of her letter (which also would've played perfectly into Violet's trip to her client in that grassy flowery country side).

Haha I see you are frustrated by the ending...

Shineee_ said:
I liked how they mixed original content with adapted ones. Pacing is terrible though. The anime is so focused on Violet that they didn't even let the other characters have the development or backstory they deserve. We didn't even know why Dietfried is so antagonistic towards Violet in the first place. And why bother introduce those original characters if they won't even develop them. They're fodders to Violet's development. If that's what they're going to do in the first place, then just adapt the novel content where it did much better. Also, it became quite repetitive at the end. I think it's much better to see Violet pondering after than just seeing her crying. I'm not going into technical since I'm not knowledgeable enough about that. Well, that's my opinion. I know that the novel has its own faults, I see it now but I like it better. Good overall.

Definitely agree. Ironic that they're tools as well, all for Violet development...
Major_GilbertApr 5, 2018 11:12 PM

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Apr 5, 2018 11:23 PM

Jun 2016
I was hoping we'd get to see Violet's origin story, essentially how she came to be a child super-soldier. The only glimpse of her pre-war past we see is her murdering some of Dietfried's companions on a ship, and that thread gets dropped immediately. I could assume she was somewhere on the autism spectrum all along, maybe that's what the author was going for? But that doesn't explain the super-strength or agility.

6/10 for me, +1 for some of those visuals. I'd rather see KyoAni do dramas with more finesse, like Hibike.

Apr 5, 2018 11:57 PM

Nov 2016
What an emotional and satisfying way to end, I wonder who the client in the end might be, maybe Gilbert since some people saying he is alive.
Apr 5, 2018 11:59 PM

Nov 2016
Jak said:
If it turns out he's alive, then that would be a giant copout and ruin ALL the development Violet had in the series.

well Violet did believe he was still alive altho the experience she went through make it seems like she believe he is dead.
Apr 6, 2018 12:18 AM
May 2015
Hated it. Goddamn hated it. WHERE İS THE GİLBERT? JUST WHERE? How is the past of Violet? How she is so OP? What happened after Gilbert died (if he died-of course)?
This finale sucks.
Apr 6, 2018 12:20 AM
Jan 2015
Great series, really enjoyed watching Violet grow as a person and just some of these individual stories were emotional rollercoasters. I kind of think that last client might possibly be Gilbert, due to Violet's reaction, but who knows. Guess we'll find out in the special maybe. Not my AOTS, but still a strong second place.
My Queens

Apr 6, 2018 12:24 AM

Apr 2016
Amazing story, great animation and a lot of tears. A masterpiece
Final score 10/10

Apr 6, 2018 1:52 AM

Aug 2016
All the chapters were to give me in the heart, long ago I did not see an anime that each episode would give you a few tears, there were few details without coherence in the plot, but the rest was fantastic.
9/10
Apr 6, 2018 2:29 AM

Oct 2009
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-04-04/violet-evergarden-anime-confirms-completely-new-project-is-green-lit/.129940
I hope it will follow novel story, because now the ending was nothing like in novel.
Apr 6, 2018 3:39 AM

Dec 2017
The ending had one highlight which was Violet crying. Otherwise it was a flat ending.
To people complaining about the side characters no being developed, this is what KyoAni does. They design these beautiful characters and have them stand around without giving them barely any screen time. Which is why my hopes for these characters never existed.
I enjoyed some of the stories here. Truly heart wrenching stuff. But Violet herself is not a likeable protagonist at all. If she died I wouldn't have cared because she's just an avatar driving us through these people's stories. Her story with the major was good, but I can't say I like her. I'm simply indifferent.
Also how cruel was it that Violet says she will live in hopes that the major is still alive somewhere? So she didn't learn to move on? He's still the sole reason she exists, after aaaaall the lessons she learned in these thirteen episodes?

Well, this was infinitely better than kyoukai no kanata or anything the studio released in the past few years so I'll give them that. Visually stunning, beautiful music, many good examples of story telling, but still flawed. I want to give it a 7.5 but an 8 is also fair.

Oh, that scene with "daddy" was disgusting. They just had to throw a little bait in there didn't they?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2018 5:00 AM

Jan 2012
EGOIST said:
I was expecting too much from this but it honestly holds little value to it... 5/10 I doubt even the novels are that good

While the show had its weak episodes, especially the one with the dying soldier, it was quite well put together. I really enjoyed it. Shows that Netflix can actually save Anime if they focus on animes like that. Hopefully we see more like this and less of that yuri and moe trash in the future.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ArdanazApr 22, 2018 7:43 AM
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Apr 6, 2018 6:35 AM

Jul 2013
Woah that was a beautiful episode. All in all I like this anime as a whole but I just don't buy into all the drama bullshit. But the art though. The animation, visually everything is awesome

Apr 6, 2018 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
7/10

I really think this anime is a bit overhyped. Then again, I still enjoy watching this.
Apr 6, 2018 6:50 AM

Feb 2015
Instead of being train of emotion it was a train of expectations and predictions I had for this anime.
I wouldn't like this idea before but now I actually liked that they keep Gilbert dead.

However, for some reasons I can't like this last ep.
Visual execution was rather unappealing and I was expecting different ending song.

Benedict and his shoes saved the world once again though so it's not that bad.

6/10 for the whole show I guess.
HakaminahApr 6, 2018 7:11 AM
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Apr 6, 2018 6:52 AM

Feb 2015
Tehqo said:
also can someone explain why Violet was riding a fucking axe in the PV? I legitimately thought this show was going to be some next level fantasy shit when I saw that in the PV
around 0:16

That's not PV for anime but commercial for the novel, that's why.

MAL's too stupid to create separate entry for it.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Apr 6, 2018 7:45 AM

Jul 2017
Interesting to see if Kyoani will keep the deviation they've made from the LN into this new anime project. Because the LN is going full steam ahead with the GIlbertxViolet OTP.

Apr 6, 2018 10:26 AM
Apr 2018
http://violet-evergarden.wikia.com/wiki/File:Vol1Chap4.1.png

just found that picture.. thats exactly that picture from the last scene from the anime.....

so does anybody know whats in chapter 4? think this will follow with the ova

oh guys, i want gilbert BACK T_T i was hoping and wishing every second
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

424 by marta_valse »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 2, 2017

572 by marta_valse »»
Jun 11, 11:53 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2018

235 by Thereisnoonehere »»
Jun 10, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

624 by Thereisnoonehere »»
Jun 10, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2018

240 by Hevants »»
Jun 10, 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.