Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 12, 2017 8:22 AM
Apr 2015
I only watch this anime cause it makes me laught a lot. Oh gosh, it's so bad, the universe doesn't make any sense and the chara design is RIDICULOUS. In French we call it "nanardesque" a movie or TV show who is so bad that it become funny and good... but it's not really a compliment.
Oct 12, 2017 8:28 AM

Apr 2015
After watching the first two episodes, I still find it hard to understand what's going on. From the get-go they just bring everyone and say that "this is a death game" and they talk about poison and everything. What I don't understand is the context behind the events in the series and I know that the first episode had character development for the Boar and that the second had some character development for Dog but I need more to understand what's going on other than just killing and winning. But, this is just the beginning of the anime series do I assume the unclear parts will probably be resolved.
Oct 12, 2017 10:51 AM
Jul 2016
It has its pros and cons, i think it has the right idea but with all the time they took on creating unique characters, you would want to see the capabilities the author had in mind for each of these characters when he designed them. Instead, they are killed off in an unsatisfactory mana. They are supposed to be the best of the best so show us why each of them were hand picked. Its a mix of excitement and disappointment, on one hand the deaths are not always an obvious grandiose battle to the death making it predictable and stale but on the other hand the other hand the alternatives are underwhelming and feel cheap.
Oct 12, 2017 10:58 AM
Jun 2012
I was just watching this episode and at minute 5:25 I said "WAIT, THIS IS MY CITY!"
I LOLed
That's Barcelona, specifically the street Avinguda de Gaudí. The last building in the center is Hospital de Sant Pau. In google maps it shows perfectly that it's the same

I was just surprised XD
Oct 12, 2017 1:04 PM
Jun 2017
With the deaths thing i mean... 12 episodes 12 warriors, 1 death per episode i guess.
Oct 12, 2017 1:30 PM
Aug 2015
Am I the only one who only cared about the fact that Sawano composed the music theme song? And yet here I still have not heard any of his signature engrish songs
Also, is this Chinese anime?
Couse I always get this kind of vibe when I watched it
Oct 12, 2017 1:32 PM

Oct 2011
Rooting for Rat because of Zodiac order. Unless the Cat appears XD
Oct 12, 2017 2:12 PM

Jan 2010
- The main thing I noticed the most in this ep is the creepy OST. AMAZING! I got chills when Boar walking around on the empty streets
- It's a very bad sign that Dog is underestimating Chicken a lot. Don't judge a book from it's cover duh. But I didn't think he would be dead this episode, that until he stupidly used that poison to make Chicken go full power that's when I TOTALLY see his death coming. And true, not long after that, he was killed by Chicken. Still pretty great though.
- I love Bunny a lot!!!!! The crazy and psycho type but is actually quite smart too??? I'd love that a lot, yes!
- The OST and the scenes sequence from Dog death till ending is amazing
- Love the OP so much. The song is quite catchy and the animation is unique too.

Also Bunny in the ending SO CUTE!

It's nice to see him properly dressed ;3
Oct 12, 2017 2:57 PM
Mar 2016
Oh man doggy just got pecked by a chicken, wtta stupid way for him to die. Now how did she killed him , did she just used her hands to squeeze the life outta that mutt?

looks like despite of Hosey's bulky body, he is quite a pussy against the matador OX.

Everybody Clap your hands
WhoahohoOct 12, 2017 3:02 PM
Oct 13, 2017 12:21 AM
Jul 2016
Don't fuck with the cock
Oct 13, 2017 12:42 AM

Jul 2015
still good.

----------
dotsuku: heh, i can last longer because poison is my snack, i just have to hide.

niwatori comes and say hello.
it's very effective.
wolf no longer feels to hide.

later,

dotsuku uses boost strength on niwatori.
it's super effective.
Dotsuku head got crushed.

-----------

meanwhile, all remaining survivor pray to the god so there will be no flashback of their life next episode.
Anime Song Bass Vocal Transcriber. I sell my works legally on dlmarket.jp.
https://www.dlmarket.jp/manufacture/index.php?consignors_id=17053
Oct 13, 2017 12:45 AM

May 2014
Bunny man still the best.
The chicken is really strong too, and she has a really cool power.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 13, 2017 1:46 AM

Nov 2013
How Niwatori finished off Dotsuku was savage. I wonder, what she will do next.

Shuryuu and Nezumi are making a good team so far. I'm curious, how/why the others seem to know him.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 13, 2017 4:57 AM
Aug 2017
I was suspecting it since the previous episode, but now I'm sure. Rat has super plot armor, since you can't have the narrative spotlight if your always asleep. XD
Oct 13, 2017 5:25 AM

Apr 2013
It seems they are really trying to hammer home the idea that arrogance and over-confidence will get you killed. If it's present next episode as well, i might just drop this series. Give us some smart and cautious POVs please.
Oct 13, 2017 6:25 AM
Oct 2017
Maybe rat will die because he is confident enough to sleep in the middle of a war. By this theory the least confident character should survived and it looks like horse is the most anxious .
Also how many death flags does chicken has? I hope she and sheep will survive at least he might not die as long as he don't use his bombe . ( and horse is adorable when he try to pass the gate ).
Oct 13, 2017 7:42 AM

Jan 2014
Lol RIP pupper. I looked at spoilers, so I already know who wins.. and this episode kind of confirmed that person will win.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 13, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2008
Too much talking, not enough fighting!

Glad dog guy was destroyed; he was fucking up my buzz
Oct 13, 2017 8:12 AM

Feb 2015
Lol anyone who gets a decent amount of flashback and exposition is getting killed.
Oct 13, 2017 8:14 AM

Feb 2012
Legendzerox said:
The format continues with the dog getting the flashbacks to his life and setting up for the kill. Like the boar, he dies through deceit and so far all 3 deaths have been done through backstabbing and so far no real battle has taken place. Boar and Dog never even got a chance to put up a fight. I will say this anime is edgy, but also very anticlimatic and not a battle royale at all. The chicken is more cunning than the Dog gave her credit for, and everyone wants to avoid the Ox for now. The rabbit dude is trying to set up a trap and using boar as bait but everyone so far is not taking the bait. The Ox however is aiming to kill Rabbit first before he gets anymore bodies on his side. The horse was hoping to team up with Ox, but they get into a fight at the end of the episode. So far its been boring and predictable, and has offered no substance to back up its hefty promise of a "Battle royale". Rather, its been more of a backstab royale and hasn't been enjoyable to me. Following the Zodiac race is also a let down and really befuddles me. You got all this creative talent at the helm, and they are following a liner journey and so far have not done anything to switch things up. The palty writing leaves more to be desired to. I would expect the way events to pan out to be written by an amateur director, not an experienced one. I would pick people to root for, but with each episode preview and the title being introduced, you can pretty much see how the episode will pan out before it even airs. Next episode the chicken is gonna die. I can't wait to see her talk no jutsu with her backstory only to be killed and rinse and repeat. Not very creative or interactive. 4/10 still.

I suppose I will give this a couple more episodes. I don't see how they will make this a two cour anime.

Juuni taisen novel has only 1 vol.
Oct 13, 2017 8:42 AM

Jan 2011
eps 1 is good, the OP is very nice song

eps 2 is ok, kind of expected the dog's ending
Oct 13, 2017 12:20 PM

Jun 2015
Fun like the first was, even though it was very predictable. I wouldnt surprised if chicken dies next episode.
Oct 13, 2017 1:55 PM

Jul 2009
Boar is a zombie now =/ Rabbit does have an interesting power...
Dog got what he deserved! He was thinking he would use the Chicken and in the end she killed him!
Oct 13, 2017 4:00 PM
Dec 2015
Rabbit is definitely my favorite. I really want to see what Chicken will be like next episode. Was she hiding her true personality?
Oct 13, 2017 4:31 PM
Dec 2015
I just noticed something! So far everyone that has died has had their narrative been told. (With the exception of Snake)
Oct 13, 2017 4:51 PM

May 2016
hopes that this show's going to be at least decent = lost
Kill me
Oct 13, 2017 5:43 PM
Jul 2017
I'm placing my bets now. Rat's going to win. But he's probably going to need Monkey's assistance for it. She might die though. Just my predictions.
Oct 13, 2017 7:16 PM

Jul 2010
VanishingKira said:
Seems they are following the order which means

Which order?? this is killing me lol
Oct 13, 2017 7:48 PM

Jul 2015
We lost the Dog... in the lamest and funniest way possible, hope the Chicken can put up a dang good fight in his place, certainly looks like she can. I expect the next battles to be good.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 13, 2017 8:33 PM
Aug 2017
DessaChan said:
VanishingKira said:
Seems they are following the order which means

Order of the chinese zodiac.
Oct 13, 2017 9:23 PM

Jun 2012
I dont want chicken to die ;-;
Oct 13, 2017 10:05 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was so predictable, especially the chicken girl part.
Oct 13, 2017 10:14 PM

Jul 2010
ragdollomega said:
DessaChan said:

No if it was the order the rat shouldve been first??
Oct 14, 2017 2:44 AM

Apr 2015
Not liking Hayami.

Fun.

Not much more
Oct 14, 2017 5:54 AM
Aug 2017
DessaChan said:
ragdollomega said:

I guess I meant reverse order. Also, end credits show all the characters in that order, from boar to rat.
ragdollomegaOct 14, 2017 6:04 AM
Oct 14, 2017 7:44 AM

Jan 2013
Dead Boar walking around is too damn sexy in my eyes.

I liked the Dog but he died so quick. Actually, for a guy who had high reflexes and didn't trust Chicken, to get killed straightforwardly like that seems like a rush or bad writing to me.
Oct 14, 2017 8:43 AM

Jul 2010
ragdollomega said:
DessaChan said:

I guess I meant reverse order. Also, end credits show all the characters in that order, from boar to rat.

Oh wow I always skip the credits but I will pay attention next time thanks!
Oct 14, 2017 8:55 AM

May 2017
Lazaros742 said:
With the deaths thing i mean... 12 episodes 12 warriors, 1 death per episode i guess.

There will be one more season,
And how will the 12 warrior die if it's 1 death per episode?
Oct 14, 2017 2:37 PM

Feb 2013
Yeah, chicken girl's outfit certainly is something. Doggy boy is dead.
Oct 14, 2017 5:40 PM

Dec 2008
The first episode was really good. This one was a let down.
Oct 14, 2017 8:30 PM

Mar 2013
Never before have I wanted chicken so much (I joke)

Eh, I didn't have much hope in a show where the entire thing is centered around a battle royale where everyone dies but I hope they step up their game with all this 3 second killing stuff
Oct 15, 2017 1:36 AM
Jun 2016
This is supposed to be a death game beetwen 12 people and they killed of 3 main characters (one of them even before the start of the game) in the first two episodes!!!
Oct 15, 2017 5:07 AM
Dec 2014
Abysmal opening and amazing anime.. The opposite of last year's Berserk.
Oct 15, 2017 6:14 AM
Mar 2012
Boar's dad cosplayed Ken...
Why title tell us Chicken dies... was expecting a betrayal since Chicken's faking a lot but not that soon. Action still good but too short now. Dog poison had great utility & planning, too bad all cut short like Boar.
Not sure if Horse dead yet (more out of order besides Snake).
Rat seems a big deal, probably like Boar family.
Oct 16, 2017 1:25 PM

Feb 2013
Silvia_Aureline said:
L-Ryoshi said:
The Rat's gonna win, no ifs ands or buts. Maybe his dad was in the last version of this game too and the guys recognize him from there, either that or maybe he's like the son of the tourney organizers or something.

The Chicken was awesome. Managed to get a boost up by the Dog before killing his unsuspecting ass.

Wonder what will happen between the Horse and the Ox now too. Clearly both raised their hands at the beginning, so if they'd only stop to talk things through.... but we'll see.

Can a theory prove it ? Guyss i really want to know the truth already 😁😁😁

You should choose,
the 1st option: You go to the spoilers thread and spoiling it for yourself. or
2nd option: You ignore all the speculations and just keep watching the series till the end and know the truth from step by step, episode by episode.
well, it's up to you
Oct 16, 2017 3:42 PM

Sep 2011
It's starting to look like a certain Hitchcock movie in here lol. And to think I almost missed this show because of the lame synopsis MAL has...

Also, I'm going to take a wild guess and say Nezumi has some sort of cloning ability, or else he's extremely numerous by other means. Because rats usually come in numbers, and it could explain why people think he seems familiar... we shall see.

EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Oct 16, 2017 6:29 PM

Sep 2016
One out of five not enough stripper bunny.
I've surpassed your limit!
Oct 16, 2017 9:31 PM

May 2017
genk1sudo said:

You take that back, the opening is the best thing about this show
Oct 17, 2017 11:25 AM

Jun 2016
Hagorama said:
genk1sudo said:

You take that back, the opening is the best thing about this show

agreed, the opening is really good. (the ending too though)
Oct 17, 2017 9:44 PM

Mar 2009
I was born in the year of the rat, so I hope rat wins. He seems very low key, so it's possible he'll make it to the end.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2017

293 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.