Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 12, 2015 6:14 PM

May 2013
This episode felt a little weak. Kind of a thing you expected for this.

2000 hours left? What a bummer if Tsukasa found out about that.
Apr 12, 2015 6:25 PM

Apr 2014
Ok. This episode just dropped the bomb hardcore. They really intend to let the viewers get attached to isla now don't they? Then they will erase isla's memories by the end of the series. This is gonna be sad man.
Apr 12, 2015 6:36 PM
Mar 2015
Then she was crying at the beginning of episode 1 because she found out about her impending doom ... :(
Apr 12, 2015 6:55 PM

Aug 2013
Isla only has 2000 hours?!
My Candies:
Apr 12, 2015 7:01 PM

Nov 2013
I knew it will come to this. From ep 1, they said Isla is veteran (means she's been there for a long time, and android has limited lifespan, so...).

Btw, imo it's a little too soon to reveal that fact. Well, just imo. Looking forward for the next episodes.
JJHRTDApr 12, 2015 7:14 PM
Apr 12, 2015 7:59 PM

Oct 2013
this might end up to be quite sad...
Apr 12, 2015 8:31 PM

Oct 2011
Isla will die in three months NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TT______TT

Last ep tearjerker OMG

Tissues prepared
Apr 12, 2015 8:32 PM

Dec 2014
My interest levels for this series is still quite low.
Apr 12, 2015 9:10 PM

Oct 2013
I knew she only had about three months until losing her memories, but I didn't think I would be so accurate, well I'm hoping for a bittersweet ending, there was enough of magically returning memories in Amagi Brilliant Park.
Apr 12, 2015 9:11 PM

Mar 2009
While not entirely unexpected, that last line sure was chilling.
Apr 12, 2015 11:03 PM

Apr 2012
normal episode until that end.

Isla only have 2000 hours? that means approximately 84 days left D:

Apr 12, 2015 11:15 PM

Feb 2014
Another nice episode. Good character interaction, felt we got a little exposition on Tsukasa's personality too. Isla's 'expiration date' is no surprise, but I didn't expect to get quite such an absolute figure this early on.

For some reason when I first saw Tsukasa's desktop wallpaper I thought I might like to use it, so I recreated it myself, for anyone who's interested:

Personally after actually trying it out I feel it's too overwhelming, but oh well :P
Lulech23Apr 13, 2015 1:48 PM
Apr 12, 2015 11:28 PM
Jan 2015
so all production starts to make their own original anime huh? This anime is fun to watch but its still got some cliche in it, I know something will happen to her and maybe I can cry my best later?
Apr 13, 2015 12:28 AM

Dec 2008
Despite all the cries of being predictable and cliche, I'm still fascinated by this series. I mean the way the second episode ended, as well as how the settings were established in the pilot, it was fairly obvious as to what sort of direction they were going with this series, although I feel that it shouldn't necessarily justify dropping the series simply because we have an idea of how it's going to turn out; by that logic, there's virtually no reason to finish watching almost every Anime these days given how familiarized we've all become with the archetypes and plot progressions (naturally there are a select few that don't follow such a formula but that's a point to the side).

What will matter, however, is how effectively they'll deliver this story. 13 episodes isn't a lot of time and while I hope the development begins as soon as the next episode, I hope that Plastic Memories takes it time indulging us to form a connection with the main cast before breaking us apart.

tl;dr: As predictable as the series may be, I'm still hoping that the story's going to turn out great.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Apr 13, 2015 1:19 AM

Oct 2013
Woop, kinda alright episode. Was prepared for the feels but it had more SOL type and character interactions to it. Still fine though.
Apr 13, 2015 1:31 AM

Apr 2014
Kind of predictable and I still think the comedy is terribly handled in this series.
Apr 13, 2015 2:37 AM

May 2010
StevenHu said:
Simply brilliant.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]How so (º _ º)?
Apr 13, 2015 3:57 AM
Jun 2012
Not as enough feels as the first one

but i am sure things will be very feelistic as this goes on

2000 hours? that's 83.3 days, about 12 weeks...
just about time for 12 eps

time is running out ;_;
Apr 13, 2015 4:08 AM
Mar 2014
As much as I like the series, I have a bad feeling about where it's going at this point (in terms of quality). I'm really hoping that they put a lot of effort into the characterization of Isla, so that we'll eventually end up with a reason to care about her other than the fact that she's admittedly pretty cute. I currently can't help but feel like they're relying a bit to much on the inevitable drama at the end of an android's lifespan. Granted, that's what the series is about, but I'd love to actually see them (Tsukasa and Isla) form a strong bond as opposed to constantly being told that androids and their owners/partners have such an intimate relationship. It works for the episodic retrieval, but I wouldn't be a fan of an ending similar to that.
Though I can see it happening - it doesn't look like they're going to establish some sort of overarching storyline, so they should have the option to spend the majority of the time in fleshing out the characters.
Apr 13, 2015 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
Unique storyline, brilliant art style and the animation is just too damn fluid. A job well done Doga Kobo! Btw, Isla's just got 2000 hours left before she gets 'decommissioned'...
2000 hours = 83 days = 2.7 months ;approx
removed-userApr 13, 2015 4:16 AM
Apr 13, 2015 6:02 AM

Dec 2009
I'm not liking it much so far. It isn't bad, but I had such high expectations it ended up disappointing me anyway. However, Isla's remaining time didn't come as a surprise. I was expecting it since they showed her crying in the first episode. Michiru is the best character so far. She seemed another usual tsundere, but her characterization is actually deeper than that, as showed in this episode.
Apr 13, 2015 6:14 AM

Dec 2014
it reminds of eva
Apr 13, 2015 8:16 AM
Mar 2015
i love the op and ed songs
really graceful
SOOOOO HAPPY that ASAMI IMAI is singing the ending song
i cried both first ep and this ep
SOOOOO SAD that isla only has 83 days and 8 hrs to live
knew she wasn't gonna hav much time since the very beginning but still really SAD AND SHOCKED
Apr 13, 2015 8:30 AM

Jul 2008
I knew it, I freaking predicted this in episode 1 but it was just a hunch that time >.< they are gonna do the Isla breaking down at the end :( having said that, this episode felt ordinary and I guessed it's good that it only has 13 episodes.
Apr 13, 2015 1:02 PM

Dec 2013
lol... ending of SAO Season 2 incoming~

I sense that this is gonna give/have the same feel as when Yuuki dies... Instead of Asuna we have the guy.

Well~ At least the art is good, gonna be very popular in terms of figures and doujinshi. So you got your typical harem/anime character set up even though it might not be one... you got the usual beautiful unique colored hair loli that makes any viewer jealous of the 2D world, then you have the usual fiery red/orange haired tsundere... then the mature drinking bossy Onee-san type girl who is somewhat of a sadist?

Yeah i wonder where this show is headed but currently with the plot it is just too predictable, wish it was something that gave us a bit more of a spark.

5/5 tho because art and sound is top notch.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 13, 2015 3:53 PM

Jan 2013
If Giftia's have to pee I guess it makes sense they bleed too..(weird)

I did not understand why those two ran in the beginning when Isla showed up and then at the end they said , no we are here about retrieval..I mean why else would they have been there?

Can't really apply the android logic to this anime, just have to turn off logic and mindlessly watch it to the end and gift this anime its rightful rating. So far its pretty bad.
Apr 13, 2015 3:56 PM

Sep 2014
Megumi Toyoguchi is just perfect as Kazuki.

Yikes, only 2000 hours left. I wonder why Androids bleed, pee, and gasp for air.
Apr 13, 2015 4:54 PM

Oct 2013
Great episode.

83 days left ;-;

Apr 13, 2015 5:17 PM

Oct 2013
meh Feels so set up and cheesy I do love her personality though going to be sad when we lose her
[/quote]
Apr 13, 2015 6:19 PM

May 2014
chakracat said:
Really nice bonding between Tsukasa and Isla.

It's a very well done show overall, but the thing about Isla having her death flag has been quite obvious since the premiere but even I am surprised that she has only 83 days of life left.

Yeah, Ikr. I thought she had a little longer lifespan. :/
Apr 13, 2015 6:21 PM

May 2014
Hmm, very interesting. I like how Tsukasa & Isla can work together as a team. I like how good they become at retrieving the android-like humans as we see in the end of the ep. But damn, that surprising end about Isla's lifespan. It surpized me. I hope this ends different that she just get her memories erased. That would be very lame, because we have that in mind already. ^^
Apr 13, 2015 6:25 PM

May 2014
Vooo said:
If Giftia's have to pee I guess it makes sense they bleed too..(weird)

I did not understand why those two ran in the beginning when Isla showed up and then at the end they said , no we are here about retrieval..I mean why else would they have been there?

Can't really apply the android logic to this anime, just have to turn off logic and mindlessly watch it to the end and gift this anime its rightful rating. So far its pretty bad.

I guess it's about the way you show up. In the end Tsukasa introduced it with much more politeness than just barging in like Isla do (at least it were showed like that for those two, max I think the android human-like name was).
Apr 13, 2015 6:37 PM
Aug 2014
I actually liked this episode as it got indepth with how he got the job and how extract memories from the giftia's and how it leaves an effect on the owner.

Also I hope we get more swimming in future episodes as it would be good for the chemistry between Isla and Tsukasa
Apr 13, 2015 7:16 PM

May 2013
I therefore declare that Michiru is a tsundere.
As for Isla, she'll be gone, as predicted, in 2,000 hours. (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Apr 13, 2015 8:47 PM

Mar 2015
so Isla is gonna die soon huh ( ; _ ; ) i better not get too attached. maybe that's why she was crying in the ep before.
Apr 13, 2015 8:59 PM

Jul 2008
So basically how good this show is depends on how much they can get us to care about Isla before she dies.
Apr 13, 2015 9:37 PM

Oct 2013
I'm really enjoying this show so far, but I don't know if 12 episodes is enough to really flesh out the sort of large cast of characters it has, whilst also delving into Isla, her realization that her time is coming soon, her relationship with MC, and the toll this job has on these characters. It seems like this show wants to tackle a lot, and I hope it can manage to do it with it's time restraints.
Apr 14, 2015 1:12 AM

Mar 2015
IMO this anime raises some interesting questions about death. as mentioned in the thread, isla bleeds like a real person, and seems to be "conscious"... the only difference is she KNOWS the exact moment she will die. after all, young or old, as a human you never know when IT'S coming. as an anxious person, i worry about death a little too much, but boy would it suck to know WHEN.

anyone else a bit surprised that the other giftias seem to take it in such stride? is it compassion for their owners, like in the case of the first termination we witnessed? or is isla's programming off? lol. we haven't really found out to what extent their consciousness resembles a human (and may not given the type of show it is).

i can't put my finger on it, but i agree this episode didn't grab me like the first one. not dropping though :)
Apr 14, 2015 1:31 AM
Jul 2011
I hope Something Will Happen In The Ending Like Isla Become A Reall Human Girl Supernaturally.
Apr 14, 2015 2:05 AM
Jul 2011
They Will Live Together In Episode so I Think What Happens In Next Episodes.
Apr 14, 2015 2:08 AM
Feb 2011
The episode was ok. I just hope those 2k hours will expire somewhere in the 6th or 7th episode and not the end of series.
Apr 14, 2015 6:26 AM
Sep 2009
First episode much better than this.
Apr 14, 2015 9:14 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! Isla has only less than 2 months and 3 weeks to live...i mean stable operation time.
Let's prepare for the feels.

Apr 14, 2015 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
The op was amazing. The episode was fine, not as good as the first though.
And the fact that Isla was about to "die" was pretty obvious, so not that much of a twist.
Apr 14, 2015 10:39 AM

Dec 2013
Considering the fact that Isla had partnered Kazuki (who's been working here for like 10 years) before being pulled out of the field to be a tea lady at the office for a while, the fact that her remaining expectancy is less than 2000 hours comes as no surprise whatsoever. What surprises me, however, is that Isla is essentially performing training that doesn't really help her and would probably increase the wear and tear of her body, thus making her 2000 hours go down even more rapidly. It's like she knows she has very little time to make an impact on the world and is going for broke.

I also don't understand why they wouldn't tell Tsukasa about this. I mean, if he's suppose to be working at this office for the long term, he's going to have to learn to deal with the loss and replacement of his partner with new Giftias, right? If that's the case, then this entire process of Isla's deteriorating "health", should be used as an object lesson to teach him the reality of his job, and to get him mentally prepared for the process of losing and replacing his partner. Why not get him mentally prepared for that?

The episode was interesting, in a lighthearted, yet melancholic, sort of way. It wasn't as amusing as the last one though, I found my mind wandering at times, like wishing in the near future that there will actually be computers that appear out of thin air with the push of a button. Still, I think they established some building facts (like Tsukasa is the big bosses' friend's son, and that he's smarter than his grades suggest, and of course that Yasutaka and Kazuki are closer than shown). Michiru also seems to be warming up to Tsukasa as well.

Let's see where we go from here then.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 14, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 2014
The show tries its hardest to make us care for Isla and all, but I can't feel anything for these cutesy, clumsy, sickly girls. It's like watching a Key/KyoAni show all over again. Let's hope we will get some more interesting side stories between the Giftias and their owners before the inevitable teary goodbye between Isla and Tsukasa.

The new introduced Yasutaka seems to be a cool character, I'm interested to see how the dynamics will change with him on board. I warmed up to Kazuki a bit more in this episode, she wasn't all that bad, but Michiru still sounds very annoying.
Apr 14, 2015 2:43 PM

Jul 2011
Lol I wonder how many people used a calculator right away like I did to see how many days Isla has left to live >.<
Apr 14, 2015 9:40 PM

Oct 2014
After watching this episode:

Primeval said:
Lol I wonder how many people used a calculator right away like I did to see how many days Isla has left to live >.<

I did

read from right to left
Apr 14, 2015 9:48 PM

Jul 2009
Primeval said:
You needed a calculator?
Apr 14, 2015 11:42 PM

Aug 2008
Now I started to wonder if the way Isla acts right now have anything to do with her lifespan.. (ノω・、)

Forum set is a gift from Bunnyama
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tendou-kun - May 22, 2015

222 by Penguinu »»
May 23, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

548 by mpgodjr »»
May 15, 9:07 AM

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

533 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.