Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 25, 2014 7:42 AM

Sep 2014
I'm definitely enjoying this season so far. This episode was great for the most part. Though it's a bit annoying that his name is Kirito. :P
Oct 25, 2014 9:03 AM
Apr 2013
Guys, no one forgot anything about Makishima. The system had to cover everything up, so that the public didn't start denying its authority. If the police suddenly came to use guns instead of the Dominator, it would be like shouting out loud that weaknesses exist. If you recall how many brains were connected to Sibyl, you would realize that Makishima was definitely not the first guy to challenge the system. They were already aware before Makishima that criminally asymptomatic people could exist. Therefore bad stuff had always been covered up by Sibyl.

Edit: About the havoc on the streets, all those involved were caught and dealt with. Therefore, why should anyone talk about something that utterly failed? Makishima was defeated, nothing to celebrate... The citizens were only more profoundly convinced by Sibyl's power.
waisehellOct 25, 2014 9:07 AM
Oct 25, 2014 9:14 AM

Apr 2012
Togane becomes more & more interesting every episode. I look forward to watching his character fully develop. I didn't even recognize Ginoza at first. haha wow great episode. Hoping for Kogame to atleast cameo towards the end or something of that sort.
Oct 25, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2014
waisehell said:
Guys, no one forgot anything about Makishima. The system had to cover everything up, so that the public didn't start denying its authority. If the police suddenly came to use guns instead of the Dominator, it would be like shouting out loud that weaknesses exist. If you recall how many brains were connected to Sibyl, you would realize that Makishima was definitely not the first guy to challenge the system. They were already aware before Makishima that criminally asymptomatic people could exist. Therefore bad stuff had always been covered up by Sibyl.

Edit: About the havoc on the streets, all those involved were caught and dealt with. Therefore, why should anyone talk about something that utterly failed? Makishima was defeated, nothing to celebrate... The citizens were only more profoundly convinced by Sibyl's power.

Yes this is an acceptable explanation dude. But we can't do anything about stubborn people.Also it's one and a half year.This new guy is completely different from Makishima.Makishima was still detected by the Sibyl system even if his psycho-pass was 0.This new guy is clearly invisible to the system.And this is what has the MWPSB on ropes.It's not a question of an asymptomatic person.MWPSB has the question if this guy really exists or not.
Oct 25, 2014 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
Things are fairly interesting. Nothing too surprising though.
It's always about Hue
Good episode.
Oct 25, 2014 9:28 AM

Jul 2014
Everyone's aware of the S1 happenings and they know that Sibyl can't judge an asymptomatic person.This is one major flaw that they know.However,this time a person is not even being detected by the system so it does not,in any way,relate to the happenings of S1.This may be an entirely new flaw and MWPSB has yet to know the answer.And seeing how the characters are acting out,it maybe the emphasis on the new flaw.Maybe this new guy Kamui is somehow messing with the system.We will find out in the next episodes.so hold your horses people.
Oct 25, 2014 9:37 AM

Nov 2009
Malfegor said:
witchhuntress said:

Er...if she was tackled by that little robot, her gun taken, the old guy doing Kamui style and pointing HER OWN GUN at herself, and her Crime Coefficient rising enough to enable TRANQUILIZER, and he shot her, she would be deeply unconscious?

Or since they're in a pharmacy, he got her in some meds or what? Or that robot thing had something done to her?

There are a lot of possibilities. Besides, she might have gone through some shock. There are people who freeze when they're shocked, and couldn't react immediately. This seems a situation that doesn't happen to her everyday.

Shes with the police, this seems like exactly the kind of situation that happens to her everyday and that she should be trained to deal with.
Thats why so many of them do martial arts exercises, which has been repeatedly shown in this very series. Or should at least thats what they should do, in order to be able to defend themselves without the Dominator.
You dont want a police officer freezing during tense situations, thats not a trait they should ever have.

Im gonna go ahead and assume there might be some truth to tysonultima's comment above, that any form of justice delivered without a Dominator in hand might be considered a crime. Though it still seems a bit bullshit that self defense counts as this.

I understand what you mean, but just thinking of this kind of world where they think of Enforcers as "shields," it seems possible she wasn't trained self-defense, and it wasn't required of her. I've only seen Enforcers training themselves so far, and only males too.

I do agree that not using Dominator might be considered a crime. As it is Sybil's judgment that must be followed.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Oct 25, 2014 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, it's still really mysterious, but we got a name, a method and a conscequence.

I think that the method Kamui use is all related to that liquid he injecting her. Then, it may be also related with some kind of catchphrase that make their tint clearer.

THat scene at the beginning was so creepy. Loved it.

The director is back... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I also loved to see that old sensei back. Glad he made it out of the Makishima case.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 25, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2011
That opening... was quite something.

I'm a bit intrigued now with the main villain, seems like a character to deal with.

Also interesting to see the theory that Akane is losing her mind, despite having a clear hue. Could be an interesting conflict in the future episodes over this matter.
Oct 25, 2014 12:18 PM
Apr 2013
Could this Kamui's "ability" have something to do with dead people? We don't yet know how exactly Sibyl detects persons. Could it be that it only identifies them based on what its database contains? In that case, it's possible that dead people (being in a different database as shown by Karanomori), are not identified. Maybe Kamui is tricking the system somehow and uses dead folks' identities. Or perhaps he simply hacked the system and deleted himself, becoming "dead". Or he's a time traveler...
Oct 25, 2014 1:24 PM

Dec 2013
I'm still baffled about the need for an inspector's eye, specifically...
Oct 25, 2014 1:46 PM

Jul 2010
Good lord. People are going crazy all over the place now!

Oct 25, 2014 6:12 PM

Jun 2010
Don't tell me you don't have martial arts experience or any physical strength when you are an experienced inspector... How can't she beat an old man and a robot dog :o
Oct 25, 2014 8:48 PM
Mar 2013
How y'all liking the new main villain for Psycho-Pass 2? I still miss my man Makishima. -sigh-
Oct 25, 2014 10:01 PM

Feb 2014
The ending is pretty sad (for the inspector), its a nice way to reflect over what "justice" is (not that Psycho-Pass 1 already bring all of this).

-MgZ_ said:
Don't tell me you don't have martial arts experience or any physical strength when you are an experienced inspector... How can't she beat an old man and a robot dog :o

Experienced inspector just need to point the gun at someone behaving hostile. The fact that his hue is where its at: a case you never expected to see. Its nothing out of the world to lose yourself and choke. Also, physical assault could elevate her hue and cloud it, and she really fears to end up becoming an enforcer.

What was really fail is how the system couldn't track Shisui's phone call (the location where she called the other inspector) or that they didn't even bothered asking Risa about it. Futuristic animations always have flaws like this happening heh.
Oct 25, 2014 10:34 PM

Jan 2014
Gymkata said:

I'm betting it has something to do with hacking into Sybil.
Oct 26, 2014 12:32 AM

Dec 2013
Digitalcommunist said:
Gymkata said:

Yeah that's what I've been thinking. But then that begs the question...how did he accomplish everything prior to obtainment of the eye/the ability to hack Sibyl?

Dumb question: Do the eyes of inspectors turn/reflect the hue color of their victim prior to using the dominator? I've seen it happen twice now (turquoise). Or is that just the reflection of the guns lights?
Oct 26, 2014 1:47 AM

Jul 2013
Ayonagi Kanshi-kan!

Damn that was a really interesting episode. Kamui is a really interesting character, what did he even do to Shisui that made her hue clear?

I was shocked to see Saiga in confinement, also why was shimotsuki shocked to see him? Am I missing something.

Speaking of Shimotsuki...I'm really hating her more each episode, what's her deal!?
Oct 26, 2014 2:59 AM

Aug 2008
MuggleBorn said:
Ayonagi Kanshi-kan!

Damn that was a really interesting episode. Kamui is a really interesting character, what did he even do to Shisui that made her hue clear?

Here is what i think. The principle of clouding one's hue is based on people's fear of the Sibyl system. The fear that your crime coefficient may rise because of your thoughts. And that Kamui guy is just making those people realize that there's nothing to be afraid of, that the system cannot touch them. If you don't fear the system, your hue won't get clouded. A pretty nice ide, but the fact that he achieved this merely just by talking to them for a few seconds, is a little bit unrealistic. But the idea is nice i have to admit.
Oct 26, 2014 5:05 AM

Dec 2013
Dooropens said:
MuggleBorn said:
Ayonagi Kanshi-kan!

Here is what i think. The principle of clouding one's hue is based on people's fear of the Sibyl system. The fear that your crime coefficient may rise because of your thoughts. And that Kamui guy is just making those people realize that there's nothing to be afraid of, that the system cannot touch them. If you don't fear the system, your hue won't get clouded. A pretty nice ide, but the fact that he achieved this merely just by talking to them for a few seconds, is a little bit unrealistic. But the idea is nice i have to admit.

Agreed. Although I think Shisui's liberation from fear had more to do with that IV Kirito was administering than his charisma. She was clearly doped hardcore.
Oct 26, 2014 8:54 AM

Apr 2012
No lie I think that Mika is going to become a problem by the series end, perhaps even carrying into the movie itself. With the poster that was released for the movie I feel like by the end of this season that people will have learned how to avoid Sibyl's judgment and thus why Akane is dressed the way she is because there are riots in the streets. Not unlike near the end of the first season.
Oct 26, 2014 9:42 AM
May 2014
Gymkata said:
Digitalcommunist said:

Yeah that's what I've been thinking. But then that begs the question...how did he accomplish everything prior to obtainment of the eye/the ability to hack Sibyl?

Dumb question: Do the eyes of inspectors turn/reflect the hue color of their victim prior to using the dominator? I've seen it happen twice now (turquoise). Or is that just the reflection of the guns lights?

Guys... he needed the eye because only registered personnel can use the Dominators. That includes the crime coefficient scan. and if he was gona point it towards her to read it... yeah. still a bit dramatic I'll admit
Oct 26, 2014 11:17 PM

Dec 2013
OH GOD

i appreciate the tension rn so much like every episode is slightly more fucked up
where the hell is kogami's gun when u need it, WHAT HAPPENED 2 PEPPER SPRAY, USE UR FISTS?? I wonder if self-defense laws still exist u know?? can people in this system be punished for defending themselves??? HELP HER

anyway i really hope the themes from the last season (good/evil can't be quantified, the impotence of the inspectors who are basically enforcers for sybil) are expanded upon rather than simply being rehashed. I have a lot of hope tho, considering the pace the show is moving at and the new questions about how far Sybil's omnipotence really goes

(((i am SO unsure of how to feel about Togane...on the one hand he's p much the only one on Tsunemori's side, also he has a cool vest
on the other hand the op sequence makes him so obviously sinister that i can't tell if it's meant to throw us off?? do i really distrust him or am i being set up to distrust him??? is his coefficient close to 9000???)))

Ginoza stop, put a shirt on sTOP
Draw me like one of your Ito girls
Oct 27, 2014 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
Seriously these inspectors need to learn some martial arts or self defense.

Good episode, things are starting to build up.
Oct 27, 2014 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
Thimolimo said:
Just give us Kogami already!

Yeah dis feel
Oct 27, 2014 5:09 PM

Apr 2008
This has been driving me crazy: If you're a peace officer or the like, why don't you learn martial arts?! or some other self-defense techniques aside from the Dominator. The case of Makishima and those modification masks from S1 should've taught the bureau that. And they do have electric batons.

Goodness. Grapple the old man Aonagi!

Anyways...Kamui. New interesting antagonist. I guess he cries because he wants to make everyone clear (A low hue = peace and less trauma), and those guys end up getting killed by the bureau. I still wonder how he was able to use the Dominator. YOU FRIGGIN KNOW SOMETHING CHIEF?! I KNOW YOU DO!

Gino is getting handsome.

Akane's junior is being too straightforward and arrogant. The new Gino I guess, but more "to the books" and easily wants to scold. She likes that dog leash.

Even in S1, the exchanges with Dr. Saiga were always interesting.
Oct 27, 2014 7:03 PM

Sep 2013
I missed something.
When did Risa Aoyanagi kill an enforcer?
Spending more time thinking about the fictional world than reality.
Oct 28, 2014 12:48 AM

Apr 2010
Starlet79 said:
I missed something.
When did Risa Aoyanagi kill an enforcer?

In the extended version of the 1st season.
Oct 28, 2014 4:19 AM

Jul 2009
I wonder WTF Kamui wants, I mean, people are clean but still mad and doing wrong things, he wants to stop Sybil I get it, but people still crazy lol
I hope Aoyanagi won't die.
Oct 28, 2014 8:06 AM

Dec 2012
It seems I'm the only one who thinks this, but this season is so much better than the first.
I think it's funny how Ginoza is turning into a replacement for Masaoka. Former detective, alcohol, metal arm, calling the new inspector "missy", etc.
Oct 28, 2014 8:11 AM

Dec 2012
It was nice to see Saiga Jouji again. He seems to be as perspective as ever.
I didn't expect Togane to have the highest recorded Crime Coefficient - that was surely a surprise.
I hope Inspector Aoyanagi isn't dead either. :/

5/5
Oct 28, 2014 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
Well wherever the inspectors go,they always take 1 or 2 enforcers with them and I think that's why they don't need to work out or they choose not to cuz they let the enforcers handle all the dirty work.And since Kogami knew that he could be used in this manner so he worked out.But I guess Kamui knew or Shisui might have told him that if the enforcers and the inspector are separated then the inspector would only have her dominator to use which would be ineffective.And then she could be taken down.Looks to me like Aoyanagi didn't see it coming.Well nobody can blame her.It's just that Kamui outsmarted her.That punch from the old man was sick to hear.Damn geting better and better by each episode. :D
Oct 28, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
skudoops said:
I don't really understand the missing inspector investigation part of this show right now. In episode 2 they said they could track her using GPS although "It comes and goes" and that her dominator was online all that time but dominators are connected to the sibly system, why can't it track where she is exactly? Why is she still missing? If that dude was jamming communications then how was the dominator still online and connected to sibly?

Also why wasn't there a log of the fluctuations of the inspector's hue? It can't be said that the sibly system and/or dominator doesn't take logs of this because they obviously took one to know that togane has the highest crime coefficient and the system also logs dominator usage. A record of those fluctuations would have obviously raised some red flags... so why didn't they?

Also why the hell does it feel like everyone in this show forgot the events of season 1? When akane asked the chief that question I don't know if she meant a person who under normal circumstances is not recognized by the sibly system or not but did she forget that she worked on a case that had people not being recognized by the system through technology?

I know this much that this Kamui seems to be independent.He took out the inspector's eye.Did shit with it and made it work by putting it in a cylinder full of fluid.I don't know what method he is using for keeping the dominator online and at the same time not being tracked but since it was mentioned by Aoyanagi we will find out and as for the red flags not being raised due to her cloudy hue,well in the first place red flags are raised so that the MWPSB is notified so they could come at the scene to do their stuff and since the scan was made using the dominator which is a property of an inspector or an enforcer, the red flags weren't raised.The system thought that an inspector or enforcer is at the scene and is probably doing his job. It's only been 3 episodes and we have seen what this guy is capable of doing and we still don't know what more he is capable of...hThink about it, he completely collapsed the second division such that only 2 enforcers are now left....
As for your last question,I think it was pretty obvious.Shogo was detected by the system and his psycho-pass was measured even if he had his psycho-pass level 0.This guy is purely invisible.The system can't even detect him.Both things are quite different and in no way relate to S1.If it were we woulda heard a term called "Criminally Asymptomatic" by now.Well let's wait and see what happens next.. :D
hassan0297Oct 28, 2014 12:21 PM
Oct 28, 2014 2:48 PM

Jan 2012
lets play a game
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 28, 2014 8:06 PM

Nov 2013
KanameFujiwara said:
I understand that Kamui is a sexual molester that jacks off at seeing women tortured. Yes, he is creepy and strangely enough - sexy...
Yeah he makes me kind of moist. Not Makishima Shougo moist but he's getting there.

Oct 28, 2014 8:08 PM

Nov 2013
bang-bang said:
Thanks for taking over the fanservice duties from Kougami this season Gino, your efforts are appreciated. Dime showed up too aww.

Also Aoyanagi is really cool, she better be alright or >:(
Gino is one sexy bishie ♥

Oct 28, 2014 8:12 PM

Nov 2013
Wish this wasn't only 11 episodes. I feel like it's gonna be weaker than the first season because it won't have enough time to develop Kamui into a good villain like Shougo.

Oct 29, 2014 7:56 AM

Oct 2008
Kurogashi said:
kiritos are the best breed

kiritos are demigods

Oct 29, 2014 8:16 AM

Jan 2011
so easy to capture an inspector... better carry some other weapons as backup
Oct 29, 2014 11:52 AM

Jun 2008
What a way to start an episode.
I almost thought that it would be like in the Saw movies.
Oct 30, 2014 2:06 PM

Jun 2011
Kannei said:
well don't know, it just seems that they wanna just copy the best parts of the first season and the sneakiness of makishima for this season
+ Don't tell me since the shougo incident nooine got clever enough to have other weapons for selfdefens around--haven't they learned a thing ???

somehow all fills soo alike like a bad copy I hope it gets better soon while watching this I just get more and more aware of how much I miss and loived the first season :(

Why would they give them other weapons? You seem to have watched and love the first season - so think: Why would the Sybil system not want to prepare their exectuvie force with weapons for cases in which the Dominator does not work?

Because that would mean the system does not work. The reason why everyone is so happy-go-lucky about the whole "your live is judged by the system" is because it works. No one can bypass the system, everyone is the same. Everyone is judged, the system is always right.

If you start to prepare people for cases in which the system does not work - in which the Dominator doesn´t work, the symbol of judgement - you´d raise more than just a few suspicions. Why would they need that? Does that mean others can´t be judged? Does that mean I had to live as a low-paid office worker because the system said it´s the only thing I can do, yet some people just get a free pass? They can do whatever they want?

They don´t want that kind of risk. There are not a lot of people like Makishima who can utilize that "gift" or at that want to use it the way Makishima did. The Sybil System always weighs risk and reward - the risk of exposing flaws in the system vs. saving their inspectors and enforcers once they meet someone the dominator cannot judge?

Also this season is going nicely. I like the fact that our new Kougami is a ticking bomb. Tougane is as skilled as Kougami, but at the same time seems to be soemone who has some hard thoughts about toppling the System or is just one big criminal mess, seeing as he has the highest number up to this date.
Though this could be a ruse, as a lot of people, especially myself included, believed he was some kind of spy for the Sybil System...it seems he´s even more interesting.

Also being able to manipulate people so their numbers fit the Sybil standart? Kamui seems even more dangerous than Makishima - it seems Kamui is able to understand the way the Sybil system judges people and is thus able to manipulate them into a state, the system determines to be healthy and useful. He caracked the code...
Oct 31, 2014 6:00 PM

Oct 2013
that cliffhanger
!!! good episode
[/quote]
Oct 31, 2014 10:34 PM

Apr 2007
Has no one learned a thing since Makishima?...These inspectors arent clever anymore tbh.

Kougami better return soon and save the show
Nov 1, 2014 4:14 PM

Dec 2010
skudoops said:
Also why the hell does it feel like everyone in this show forgot the events of season 1? When akane asked the chief that question I don't know if she meant a person who under normal circumstances is not recognized by the sibly system or not but did she forget that she worked on a case that had people not being recognized by the system through technology?
The case is different really.

The episode didn't disappoint, the season is not out of tune with S1, so I'm really content. Everybody seem war of Tougane, but I see no actual problem with his Crime Coeficient. As I see it, he's probably ready to take it to the farthest lengths to do what's needed, so if there's any problem with him, it'd probably be concerning moral grounds.
Nov 1, 2014 8:29 PM

Feb 2013
So the new "muscle" had the highest psycho pass on record... The guy does seem like he could snap at any second.
Nov 2, 2014 12:41 AM

Jul 2008
Kirito huh? Oh lord....I also still hate Mika, can't wait till the truth blows up in her face.

But Aoyagi...don't die now...
Nov 2, 2014 3:31 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Thought the gun could respond to synthetic threats as well? Turns out robo dog is just too fast. Our antagonist has an inspector's eye now? And what the heck does he plan on using that for. Still a lot of things to unfold.
Nov 2, 2014 11:22 AM

Mar 2014
I think Kamui is a great villain in a same if not close to a level as Makishima in terms of what he does impact on people
Nov 5, 2014 3:20 AM
Mar 2012
pp does well with disturbing content, well done. OP has much better feel now, adding more screen static effects and that reddish dude etc gives a more tense dementia style.
Was cringe worthy when Aoyanagi went in alone... obviously a trap, and too many derp characters go into enemy territory alone trope from Hamatora.
Would like to see if Bureau finally has a non-hue based weapon, since they should've learned something from s1.
gophercgNov 5, 2014 3:26 AM
Nov 6, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2012
They should invest more time into proper characterization of new characters. I still have problem with knowing who is who. But I guess it can't be help when this series is only 11 eps long. We only get bits here and bits there.

Other than that, I don't know what they are trying to accomplish with Dominators and hue scans getting ineffective (somehow). I don't buy that theory that you can bypass it by getting emotional for a moment and then make it clear. I also don't buy the thing that there is a man who can lower it for other people (somehow). Too many things that doesn't fit into the concept.

It seems we are getting intense episode next time but they should rather start getting things expalain rather than sorta try to copy previous season.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

536 by DesolatePsyche »»
May 26, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

641 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

264 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

336 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

354 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 4:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.