Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (58) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »
May 16, 2013 5:18 AM

Mar 2012
Mirai Nikki. I thought that getting a title of the most yandere character will make this interesting but it was dissapoint me instead since Yuno is not as crazy as I would hope.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 16, 2013 5:27 AM

Apr 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Mirai Nikki. I thought that getting a title of the most yandere character will make this interesting but it was disappointing instead since Yuno is not as crazy as I hoped .

Who is crazier than her then ?
May 16, 2013 5:31 AM

Mar 2012
Arararraragi-kun said:
NeoAnkara said:
Mirai Nikki. I thought that getting a title of the most yandere character will make this interesting but it was disappointing instead since Yuno is not as crazy as I hoped .

Shion from Higurashi is better.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 16, 2013 5:37 AM
May 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Arararraragi-kun said:
NeoAnkara said:

But still though Yuno is your above average Crazy
May 16, 2013 5:46 AM

Apr 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Arararraragi-kun said:
NeoAnkara said:

No not really and Shion isn't a Yandere according to Higurashi fans.
May 16, 2013 5:46 AM

Mar 2012
Soshinra said:
Shingeki no Kyojin. Ive watched 4episodes and it seems like nothing much has happened.

Red Data girl is also really disappointing :(

Ironically, Shingeki no Kyojin goes from fairly decent to holy shit epic in episode 5.

As for RDG, I thought series got off to a lousy start, but I really like how that series has turned around. You can never sleep on a P.A. Works anime because it seems like they always pull something out of their ass and can turn into a gem.
May 16, 2013 5:49 AM

Dec 2012
higurashi
May 16, 2013 5:53 AM
May 2013
Sword Art Online
I thought it started off great but went downhill pretty fast espically at the second half of the show
May 16, 2013 5:59 AM

Mar 2012
Pandora Hearts because I think it waste a lot of character. I might read the manga in the near future.
May 16, 2013 6:16 AM

May 2013
Saikano. God damn it!
May 16, 2013 6:34 AM

May 2013
Honestly, Sword Art Online. The first arc was amazing! I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen in the next episode, but after the Sword Art Online arc I honestly think it went from great to boring. I hated the Alfeim Online part it ruined the series for me. Whenever I rewatch Sword Art Online, I watch the first arc then skip to the last episode because those were the best parts of it. Alfeim Online should never have happened IMO
May 16, 2013 7:24 AM

Jan 2013
Shiki. I just never ended up liking any of the characters and when... certain events happened I found myself no really caring at all. All felt a bit hollow.
May 16, 2013 9:31 AM

Sep 2008
Dont watch so many new Animes these days. So the latest dissopointment was Sword Art Online. Such excellent first episode, but the rest was pure shit. Stopped watching after 11-12 ish episodes becuse I couldnt take it anymore. So many time skip, poor storytelling and writing, no consietency and a HUGE waste of potential. Felt abused since the first episode was soooo goood :(

I do not recomend SAO :/
May 16, 2013 9:34 AM

Apr 2011
Done reading the latest chapter of Naruto.. I kinda don't like waiting :|
May 16, 2013 10:49 AM

Apr 2009
Aku no Hana, forever and always.
May 16, 2013 11:19 AM

Feb 2012
Vampire Night. Ill give up my nuts to erase that manga's existence from entire being. Fuck the mangaka, fuck the scanlators, fuck the publishing company and fuck the dude who recommended it to me. Just fuck.
May 16, 2013 4:34 PM

May 2013
Deadman wonderland.A anime which was on my watch list and recently saw it through and It's dissapointing ;/ .
It's insane how awesome Fate/Zero is.
May 16, 2013 4:40 PM

Mar 2013
Flowers of Evil
Derailer???????? muwahahahaha
May 16, 2013 7:06 PM

Sep 2012
dlonc said:
Deadman wonderland.A anime which was on my watch list and recently saw it through and It's dissapointing ;/ .

Read the manga.
May 16, 2013 7:10 PM

Jun 2011
Rainbow was somewhat of a disappointment.
May 16, 2013 7:10 PM

Mar 2012
Hayate no Gotoku. Give me End of the World and Golden Week arc.
May 16, 2013 7:16 PM

Apr 2013
Guilty Crown.. pretty visuals and OST with a decent first episode.. went downhill real fast
May 16, 2013 7:37 PM

Dec 2012
Darker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini..such a letdown compared to the first season, the characters were really lacking the depth that had gotten me into the show in the first place.
May 17, 2013 2:14 AM

Nov 2011
Zetman, the manga is cool but the anime is a crap.
I luv u
May 17, 2013 8:26 AM

May 2010
I was rather disappointed with Girls und Panzer, a character I did like (Ami Chono) barely had a role and no real development, she was there for some time at first and then it felt like she was forgotten. Also, I wasn't fond with half of the vocal performances either.
May 17, 2013 8:39 AM

Dec 2012
Smirking said:
Rainbow was somewhat of a disappointment.

Yup the second half is just terrible my score went from 9 to 7.
May 17, 2013 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
Black Rock Shooter, heard of it everywhere, watched it => a big deception
May 17, 2013 8:58 AM

Sep 2012
Zackstrife2 said:
Black Rock Shooter, heard of it everywhere, watched it => a big deception

I wonder who the hell you heard talking something GOOD about it.
May 19, 2013 2:50 PM

May 2013
Little Busters turned out to be a disappointment for me.
May 19, 2013 4:49 PM

Sep 2007
I think the three most recent disappointments for me would be Sakurasou, Magi and Kotoura-san. All of them had fairly strong beginnings and just turned into mush after a while and I had relatively high hopes for each of them. I've since tapered off what to expect and to expect things to go horrible in the second half. I like being surprised though.

In the case of Sakurasou, it was always a love it/hate it show for me and was saved by a strong ending but by then it was already too late. It lost me because of its vastly weak middle while having a strong beginning and end. In the case of Magi, it fell apart at the end of its second half and deviating like it did and pointlessly getting another season. Kotourasan could have been something great if not for that stupid final story arc. Ugh, that's what so frustrating. It could have been a top show but nope.
May 19, 2013 4:51 PM

Mar 2011
papasmurf418 said:

That's what I came to post. I was pretty good, but not as good as powerful as I would have liked it to be. I just didn't care about the characters at all.
May 19, 2013 5:23 PM

Jul 2010
Hmm...Nyan Koi. I wish it centered more on the interactions and antics of the cats. But it focused less on that and more just on the characters in a comedic slice of life manner.

I probably would have thought it was good if I didn't go in expecting more cat situations.
May 19, 2013 5:41 PM

Jun 2007
Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - The reason this third season is so disappointing is because I really do like the series overall. While ZSZS still features the same wonderfully cynical yet well-meaning social commentary and Shaft's animation has actually become more experimental, I'm just kind of tired of the whole thing. Because the creators know they've found a formula that works, they seem totally unwilling to venture far from the same format they've used for nearly forty episodes. I still really like SZS as a whole--I just seriously wish the writing staff could at least be half as daring as the studio's animators.
May 19, 2013 5:50 PM

Aug 2012
Right now, I wasted a big chunk of my time watching the Haruhi series. I get that it's entertaining, but nothing significant ever happens in the series. The movie was 10/10 material, but the series didn't exactly give me a good impression of what was to come. It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but I expected Kyon to do something interesting besides making snide remarks every time Haruhi fucks something up.

Side note: I marathoned all Endless Eight episodes.

Edit:

Oreimo: Season 2. I thought that bitch Kirino would learn her lesson by now--that purposefully tricking your bro and expecting him to get the hint doesn't fucking work. Stop lying. I swear, if she tells one more lie and Kyousuke accepts it, I'm gonna drop. I can't take it. But I have to see what Kyousuke is going to do. He's the one that's going to save the show for me.
gamer2710May 19, 2013 5:57 PM
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
May 19, 2013 6:11 PM

May 2013
TowardsTheStars said:
papasmurf418 said:

That's what I came to post. I was pretty good, but not as good as powerful as I would have liked it to be. I just didn't care about the characters at all.

Agreed, I tried to like them and gel with them but couldn't most of the time.
Refrain looks more promising though- not that LB was bad :)
May 19, 2013 8:06 PM
Mar 2013
BTOOOM! I wish it would just stay on the action and survival game aspect, but instead we are forced to watch the romance between the chivalrous main character Sakamoto and my NEW least favorite character, Himiko. I wish this anime focused less on rape and sexism and actually focused on what it was advertised as: a survival game with bombs. Overall, huge disappointment.
May 19, 2013 8:11 PM

Apr 2011
CloudRazor28 said:
BTOOOM! I wish it would just stay on the action and survival game aspect, but instead we are forced to watch the romance between the chivalrous main character Sakamoto and my NEW least favorite character, Himiko. I wish this anime focused less on rape and sexism and actually focused on what it was advertised as: a survival game with bombs. Overall, huge disappointment.

Yeah me too (although I love romance) but those kind of fetishes are always more powerful within anime.
Only a very few anime per season has no intentional fetish, I'm talking about rape attempts and those kind stuff.
May 19, 2013 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
Mawaru Penguindrum

Hated almost all the characters including 3 out of 4 of the main characters, especially when I compared it to Utena's characters. The story wasn't particularly engaging to me either nor was the comedy very funny. Having enjoyed Utena quite a bit I was quite disappointed with Mawaru considering they're often compared to each other. Dropped it 6 episodes in.
May 19, 2013 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
Brotwo said:
Mawaru Penguindrum

Hated almost all the characters including 3 out of 4 of the main characters, especially when I compared it to Utena's characters. The story wasn't particularly engaging to me either nor was the comedy very funny. Having enjoyed Utena quite a bit I was quite disappointed with Mawaru considering they're often compared to each other. Dropped it 6 episodes in.

I didn't like it as much as many people did either. Though I did finish it.

Aria the Animation I may just dislike all slice of life anime. If by the time I finish all 3 seasons of Aria I don't come to like it even a little, I'll stop watching slice of life anime.
May 19, 2013 8:24 PM

Oct 2012
Brotwo said:
Mawaru Penguindrum

Well...dayum o.O

I mean, I watched Penguindrum first, and not too long ago am I watching Utena now. Finding this an interesting experience as I draw the similarities from Utena --> Penguindrum. I don't know, I'd personally suggest continuing it as it takes a turn of events later on.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
May 19, 2013 8:47 PM

May 2012
I thought I was going to like School Rumble more. Oh well I'll just finish it, not that bad.
May 19, 2013 8:57 PM

Jan 2013
My latest disappointent now is Samurai Champloo.

I had heard good things about it, but for me it was more of a miss than swing.
May 19, 2013 9:01 PM

Jul 2011
CondemneDio said:

>miss than swing

And here we witness the birth of a new idiom.
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.
May 19, 2013 9:28 PM

Jan 2013
datfag said:
CondemneDio said:

>miss than swing

Well, that didn't translate as well as I thought, apparently xD

My point is, I didn't like Samurai Champloo, not at all.
May 19, 2013 10:33 PM

Jun 2008
My ex-girlfriend. :/
May 19, 2013 10:34 PM

Oct 2012
JustALEX said:

Just about any hentai can be--

Oh...

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
May 19, 2013 10:36 PM

Feb 2012
JustALEX said:

May 19, 2013 11:17 PM

Jun 2011
datfag said:
CondemneDio said:

>miss than swing

Miss than swing... Oh god my sides hahahaha
May 20, 2013 1:12 AM

Mar 2012
Brotwo said:
Mawaru Penguindrum

I don't like to be that guy, but it gets better. Like way, way better.
May 20, 2013 3:07 AM

Dec 2012
I went outside. Way overhyped. Got a sunburn. Disappointing as fuck.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Pages (58) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Anime is boring to you

Kirika_Madeleine - Yesterday

45 by Kirika_Madeleine »»
9 minutes ago

» The problem with most modern anime (spoilers for some series)

Ebb1993 - Sep 22

38 by LoveYourSmile »»
14 minutes ago

» Have you ever struggled to rate a show?

Jackson1333 - 4 hours ago

17 by Guilmon1 »»
37 minutes ago

Poll: » If all pirated sites were to shut down, would you be willing to pay for anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

All_Knowing - Sep 7

161 by LeDemiurge »»
47 minutes ago

» Do your waifu need an upgrade?

SgtBateMan - 1 hour ago

5 by BigBoyAdvance »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.