Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 21, 2014 11:26 AM

Oct 2014
Wahahaaa this was beautiful!!! TuT
Dec 2, 2014 1:57 PM

Jun 2009
of course chiaki fixes the orchestra, it's what he does.

only one more season left :(
Feb 3, 2015 1:32 PM

Aug 2009
Good season! watched it so quickly. I will miss the OP and ED. Especially the ending, it's kind of addicting at this point, I've been humming the tune for a day now. The other characters grew on me as well. Such a wonderful journey, I want their romance to develop further with the next season, and of course more beautiful music to boot.

Apr 9, 2015 10:15 AM

Aug 2014
Nice ending.

Final season, I'm coooomiiing...
Oct 23, 2015 12:22 PM

Sep 2015
Another lovely ending!!!
On my way into final season now :(
Dec 11, 2015 6:59 AM
May 2012
Chiaki the orchestra fixer ahahaha.
Well, this is a nice watch too. I hope that we will still see these characters in the next season. Time to watch it~
Jan 3, 2016 4:22 AM
Mar 2015
Loved it. Time to watch the next season.
Mar 2, 2016 1:23 PM

May 2009
Wow can't get enough of this anime!
On to the last season~
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Nov 16, 2016 3:58 AM

Jul 2008
I give it a solid 7/10.

Not as crazy as the first season but still solid.

I am going to miss all those MUKYOOOOOO!!!!!!'s though. Nodame is awesome.
Jan 15, 2017 11:27 PM

Jan 2014
Chiaki is always given the sucky orchestras and fixes them. haha

I absolutely love this anime and I will be sad to start on the last season knowing it's the last one I'll watch. :(
Feb 4, 2017 12:40 AM
Jun 2013
The first and second season are not in anyway recognizable to me. I thought this season was 10xs better in every way. Story, character, and romantic progression was on high this season. I really enjoyed it.
May 29, 2017 3:55 PM

Feb 2013
The orchestra is alive again.
Kinda boring to be honest, I never liked the episodes with an orchestra.
Aug 4, 2017 2:25 PM

Aug 2015
Good season overall. Can't wait for the next one. I'm sort of hoping they bring back people from S1, Mine, Kiyora, the guy from Boston. Although I guess focus will be on Vierra next time. They also have to give a resolution to the romance. Damn I wonder how S3 is gonna go :D
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Aug 9, 2017 8:14 AM

May 2015
Solid sequel. I can feel progress in story. 7/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 26, 2017 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
Good enough sequel, doesn't have quite the charm of the first series because of less humour and music but works out pretty well for the main two characters, especially I liked the focus on Nodame and their relationship. 7/10.
Aug 8, 2018 1:21 PM

Jul 2012
Just when I thought I couldn't love this series even more.

Throughout my four previous experiences watching and reading Nodame Cantabile, I have never focused on the romance much. In fact, that's one of the things I've found it to be weak here even if I score every season a 10/10. But, after this season, my thoughts have changed.

The romance in Nodame Cantabile is really subtle, rather slow but natural. The flow of it is very smooth from small things - Chiaki's small touches to her face, to eventual hugs, to the kiss at the end of her Mozart concert. Not to mention, the pillow talk in the Mozart castle. It's so sweet. The romantic moments in this anime really shine, simply because they're so scarce and not overdramatic unlike some other romance anime that make it like a kiss = fireworks, sparkles and dramatic BGM. But with Nodame? It's like it belongs there.

I love that S2 ends with both of them, Noda and Shinichi, really happy and satisfied. She got to perform a recital successfully and he lead the orchestra to the goal.

Another thing that amazes me with Nodame Cantabile is that... Well, normally when I rewatch a long anime about a character's careers, I tend to skip the "downs", like when a character gets injured and suffers through trauma in a sports anime, I usually skip that and go directly to the meat of the series. But with Nodame Cantabile, I'm unable to skip any scenes or episodes like that. I thought the Rui arc would annoy me because I hate love rivals and such but I actually still liked it. As I've said before, the story here flows so excellently to the point where nothing can make me think "Ugh. This is dragging the plot!" or "When are we going to see the good stuff?" Everything is the good stuff.

Back to the romance: It's really great seeing Shinichi soften up to her. That one scene where he's stressed and she comes home. He shut the door on her but then opened it up and they went out for a walk. Wow. Like, did he just do THAT? This is coming from the guy that used to hit her and push her outside of his room. They're actually developing as a pairing and that's simply incredible to see.

Onto last season... Ah, I don't want this to end.
Aug 19, 2018 11:12 AM

Dec 2012
I wonder if Chiaki ever spoke with Vierra-sensei?
I'm surprised we were never shown Chiaki's reunion with him nor Chiaki studying under Vierra, I was surprised his Stresseman pupil relationship just continued.

I really enjoyed this second season, I've been binge watching the whole series since yesterday, this season didn't feel as climatic as the first season especially this last episode.

Also, we never saw Nodame play on stage with Chiaki, but I'm happy she began trying to catch up to Chiaki by the end of this season.
Looking forward to the next season
SmortcholAug 19, 2018 12:47 PM
Nov 13, 2018 6:10 PM

Nov 2016
Glad to see that Chiakis hard work and determination eventually paid off, his and Nodames growth over this season satisfied me.

Although the plot wasn't quite as stirring as in the first installment, it was still a great watch overall. The characters alone are worth it.

8,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 29, 2018 11:36 AM

May 2016
Great ending loved more than the first one.
Apr 12, 2019 3:52 PM

Aug 2017
Boring season. All I wanted was more Tanya screen time and fanservice.

Doesn't make sense why Chiaki would be with Nodame. She's a mess.
May 11, 2019 6:15 PM

May 2010
Barely a conclusion, felt just like any other episode. Good thing there's one more season left!

What can I say, I really enjoyed Paris-hen, the comedy was on point, and Nodame's French was definitely its own thing xD They've used some wonderful music, think I liked more pieces now, rather than during first season. Didn't mind the slow pace, glad to see Nodame finally found her goal in life, although I have no idea what more can they do with this series and these characters.

And I'm still not a fan of main couple's romantic relationship... I just don't feel it. Maybe the final season will improve chemistry between them, and make it more believable to me? Hopefully! 7/10
Jun 10, 2019 1:27 AM

Nov 2011
This episode is rushed.. It is still a good ending for the season, but they could easily stretch it to two episodes..
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Aug 7, 2019 9:25 AM
Apr 2016
Chiaki did a good job discipling those good-for-nothing, mainly because of the new ones though, the old ones were straight up hopeless. Great ending.
Oct 23, 2019 7:21 AM
Aug 2018
This teaches you that weather it's France, Russia or even China every knows and speaks Japanese fluently.
Jun 6, 2021 10:07 AM

Jan 2021
8/10
The ending was nice :D
Jul 31, 2021 2:01 PM

Aug 2017
This second season is definitely weaker, the comedy is still funny but the new side characters were poorly written and most of them are a joke. It doesn't help we don't have proper music until the last 2 episodes. And I could feel this season was rushed sometimes.

It wasn't a disaster or a bad season. Just meh, I loved the first season, 6/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 16, 2022 12:20 AM

Jan 2020
The second season was alright, though definitely weaker than the first season. Chiaki Kon's direction just wasn't as strong as Kenichi Kasai, and the change in series composition from Tomoko Konparu to Yoji Enokido doesn't help matters as well. Also, it seems like the second season was produced on a tighter schedule than the first due to the more frequent use of CG.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Vin-nii - Nov 7, 2008

117 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 11, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kneekey - Nov 23, 2008

69 by WaterBottleWeeb »»
Mar 10, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nehnehneji - Oct 26, 2008

65 by bucciest »»
Jan 1, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jojo-kun - Dec 2, 2008

65 by Euroqean »»
Jun 12, 2023 5:09 PM

» The English Dub? Is it coming?

APGamerZ - Oct 4, 2010

3 by aku_mado »»
Dec 17, 2021 5:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.