Forum Settings
Forums

Horror Manga 'Litchi☆Hikari Club' To Be Animated [Updated 10-15-12]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 5, 2012 11:45 PM

Mar 2009
interesting... read alil' of it before. i hope they won't censor too much..

but it's definitely not for the faint-hearted lol..
Aug 5, 2012 11:48 PM

Jun 2011
"BL romance, guro, rape, and murder"

Um..... I'm fine with yaoi... if it's not extreme rape=[]=
Aug 6, 2012 3:25 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome News.
Aug 6, 2012 3:29 AM
Sep 2007
Wow, for real, someone really likes this manga, or knows some people with mega connections, to get this turned into a anime.
Hi
Aug 6, 2012 3:56 AM

Jul 2012
Yaoi and horror? I'm in.
Saving up money for Cosplay.~
Aug 6, 2012 6:14 AM

Jan 2010
Genres: Drama, Horror, Yaoi, Psychological

But if there's rape then do not want. How about animating Seven Days or The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese or SOMETHING ELSE THAN RAPE/DUB-CON for once.
LunaAug 6, 2012 9:15 AM
Aug 6, 2012 6:49 AM

Aug 2008
holypoop said:
But if there's rape then do not want. How about animating Seven Days or The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese or SOMETHING ELSE THAN RAPE/DUB-CON for once.

It has absolutely nothing in common with those two works. It's a manga that happens to contain homosexuality, not one focused on it. The rape is also not between two males.

I've always hated the yaoi tag on Litchi.. in fact, I might just remove it. It's not BL/yaoi and certainly was not published in a BL magazine. Having gay characters or a gay scene does not automatically make something a BL anime/manga. LGBT characters can appear in all anime/manga.

Anyway, there's more news about it. It's going to be comical animated shorts. http://natalie.mu/comic/news/74212 and http://www.litchi-hikari-club.com/
Here's the key visual. Note no entrails. So it's more of a supplement than an adaptation of the manga.
shinkeikakuAug 6, 2012 6:54 AM
Aug 6, 2012 7:49 AM

Mar 2012
Psychological Horror, looks interesting

Yaoi....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!
Aug 6, 2012 8:07 AM

Jul 2011
"Litchi Hikari Club is filled with BL romance, guro, rape, and murder."

FastWheels said:
Yaoi Horror.... seems interesting.

Do I really want to watch this.... Do I really want to!??! Don't really care about the yaoi, but I suck at horrors. ><

You know what, maybe I'll just go read the manga first. It's 9 chapters.
Aug 6, 2012 10:25 AM

Aug 2011
Egad. Probably not going to watch this, but for an extremely different reason than most people here.

It looks way too fucking scary. That creepy ass face in the page that somebody posted earlier on this thread honestly scared me shitless. I could kind of handle Another, but that was because there weren't particularly visual scary moments. Oh god I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. I'm such a pussy...

Aw, and it sounds so interesting too...
Aug 6, 2012 11:04 AM

Sep 2011
Caught my interest at first, but yaoi...? Really? Pass.
Aug 6, 2012 11:08 AM

Mar 2010
This looks really interesting, I've been looking for some well done horror manga/anime lately (I ran out of interesting Junji Ito's works). I find it hilarious how people are like "yaoi, OH NOES!". I never really understood how can something so ridiculous stop someone from watching an anime you would watch otherwise. I dislike romance because it's usually awfully done and overly predictable. BUT if this had lots of romance instead of a single yaoi scene, I would still watch it because in the end it might be actually well done (although that's rare) or enjoyable either way. Actually, I want to watch this more now that it seems to be more realistic not like your usual anime/manga where everyone has the same sexuality (happens in all kinds of genres).
Aug 6, 2012 11:24 AM

Feb 2009
shinkeikaku said:
Anyway, there's more news about it. It's going to be comical animated shorts. http://natalie.mu/comic/news/74212 and http://www.litchi-hikari-club.com/
Here's the key visual. Note no entrails. So it's more of a supplement than an adaptation of the manga.

...comical animated shorts? This makes the first five and a half pages of this thread completely useless. Somebody should probably notify a news moderator about this, I guess.

I don't know if I should feel disappointed or relieved that there won't be huge black bars of censoring covering 75% of the screen at pretty much any given time.

Also ohmygod that picture makes it look adorable. I want to squish them to death. Pun intended.
Aug 6, 2012 11:57 AM
Sep 2007
Comical and its a short, blah.
Hi
Aug 6, 2012 12:35 PM

Jan 2012
I remember reading this manga.Very detailed with the sex scenes and gore I wonder how will they pull it of
Aug 6, 2012 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
Yay, nice to see Litchi Hikari Club is going to be adapted... I just hope they don't censor it too much
I can live without the yaoi scene, but they really have to leave the gore out of the censorship...

...Now I wonder how many fujoshi will watch this thinking is a normal yaoi... *laughing* (For the people who has read the manga, was there any "BL romance" or rape?... I don't really remember)

October is going to be the best month of 2012
I'm the king... of Fujoshi Land!!
Aug 6, 2012 1:28 PM
Dec 2010
I read the manga yesterday and it was bad :(

I read it because I saw the yaoi genre but it turned out that one of the club members is in love with Zera and there are some indirect scenes between them and that's all :( and it's not a part of the story anyway

I'm really disappointed , there are many good mangas outta there , just why did they pick this ???!!!???
Aug 6, 2012 1:47 PM

Oct 2011
I'm glad someone removed the yaoi tag because thats really misleading

I'm kind of unsure how I feel about them being comedy shorts... I was kind of hoping for ti being a horror anime. But I guess I will judge that when it comes out.
Aug 6, 2012 1:50 PM

Jul 2011
lol anime fan nowadays are so stupid, they don't understand the beauty of guro-mindfuck-absurd-disturbing manga anymore... you guys are so close-minded!!!! And this is not YAOI! It's guro/horror manga with yaoi element on it, to progress the story, and don't you guys ever dare comparing this manga to shit like ENZAI, EWWWWWWW

and of course, i can't wait to see the reaction of those squealing yaoi-fangirls when they see this anime, hahahaha
Aug 6, 2012 1:52 PM
Jun 2012
Sounds really interesting!!
Yaoi + horror!
I'll be waiting...
Aug 6, 2012 2:42 PM

Jun 2012
I'm not quite sure If I should watch this or not,but I haven't seen a good horror in a while so I guess I'll try it
Aug 6, 2012 3:45 PM

Jul 2010
millo said:
lol anime fan nowadays are so stupid, they don't understand the beauty of guro-mindfuck-absurd-disturbing manga anymore... you guys are so close-minded!!!!

I prefer to be close-minded forever, than enjoy seeing flying corpses and rape everywhere.And to be honest you are the only person who's close-minded here, since you just called people who don't enjoy your stuff stupid.
Aug 6, 2012 4:27 PM

May 2009
What is really close minded is the fact that people can't appreciate all the other things that this manga has to offer plot-wise and stick to the gore (either because they love it or because they hate it). :)

Aug 6, 2012 4:38 PM
Mar 2008
Anyone familiar with the manga-ka should know that yaoi isn't a good tag for this manga. Its definitely horror/guro. I was surprised that its getting a comical adaptation? That just sounds really strange considering the content. Litchi Light Club was a really heavy and depressing read.
Aug 6, 2012 5:18 PM

Dec 2008
Sigh, why are people calling this yaoi.
There's a lot more to see than the "yaoi" in this.
And if it's a comedy, I doubt there's even going to be any of that.
Can we just appreciate the fact that there's a deeper meaning to Litchi Hikari Club? It's not always about the penises, you know. There's a lot of psychological aspects to it.
I'm done.
Aug 6, 2012 5:42 PM

Dec 2008
i like how a lot of people on here are cool with graphic horror/gore but draw the line at what small bit of bl there is in this series. and, really, anyone who's read lhc knows theres actually not much, and what there is borders more on obsession/idolization rather than what most people think when they hear 'yaoi.' the main romance of the series is (sort of) het, anyway, but it's hard to tell if that's going to be included in the anime if it's going to be a comedy.

chances are this whole thing is going to be censored to hell and back, so it's really up in the air as to what this will end up as. having read the manga several times all i can imagine is that this will be reminiscent of watered down kool-aid, nothing like it's supposed to be.
Aug 6, 2012 5:50 PM

Mar 2009
why do people keep on saying it has a yaoi genre when the genre listed were only: Drama, Horror, Romance and Psychological?
Aug 6, 2012 5:54 PM

Aug 2008
AnimeMangaSuki said:
why do people keep on saying it has a yaoi genre when the genre listed were only: Drama, Horror, Romance and Psychological?

It did earlier, but I got it changed and people can't be bothered to check it themselves. Much easier to jump on the ignorant bandwagon.
Aug 6, 2012 9:34 PM

Feb 2009
mellow-osity said:
Anyone familiar with the manga-ka should know that yaoi isn't a good tag for this manga. Its definitely horror/guro. I was surprised that its getting a comical adaptation? That just sounds really strange considering the content. Litchi Light Club was a really heavy and depressing read.

There is plenty of black comedy there, though.
Aug 6, 2012 10:31 PM

Jan 2010
I CANNOT EXPLAIN THE STRONG EMOTIONS GOING THROUGH MY BODY RIGHT NOW.

It better be good.
Aug 6, 2012 11:50 PM

Jun 2007
I wasn't brave enough to read the manga, after seeing its yaoi-horror read-up. Usamaru is one of my favourite artists but this struck me as too much too handle. But I might fight the good fight and give the anime a go.
Aug 6, 2012 11:53 PM

Jan 2011
I will watch it for the rape.
[center]
Aug 6, 2012 11:54 PM

May 2011
Bad news:

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/74212

So it turns out this anime is actually a comedic shorts TV series.
Aug 7, 2012 1:07 AM

Aug 2009
I didn't think anything of this announcement until I actually read the description of the manga. Interesting. I might check this one out.
Aug 7, 2012 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
I don't understand why yaoi can't be mixed with good genres and interesting plot.

I'll watch it if i dare. I'm a sensitive maiden, though :P

Aug 7, 2012 2:21 AM

May 2011
This is a comedy, read my previous post. Nothing scary or disturbing.

*sigh*
Aug 7, 2012 3:30 AM
Jun 2011
Can i just say i really hate people that can't the difference between yaoi and something that just happens to have homosexual elements to it.
This is something that is not comparable with yaoi, it is sick and twisted but very intriguing and will keep readers interested. And i can assure it is meant for a adult male demographic. It is not aimed at the same audience as yaoi.
We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

Aug 7, 2012 4:12 AM

Nov 2009
Ah, comical shorts, huh? I might actually watch this now. I probably wouldn't have been able to handle the gore in an animated form, but it would be pretty crappy if it was censored too much. Better have lot's of Raizou though. Lot's of Raizou.

natalieexx said:
Can i just say i really hate people that can't the difference between yaoi and something that just happens to have homosexual elements to it.
This is something that is not comparable with yaoi, it is sick and twisted but very intriguing and will keep readers interested. And i can assure it is meant for a adult male demographic. It is not aimed at the same audience as yaoi.

Well, in everyone's defense, the manga did have a very misleading "yaoi" tag on it.
Still, for some reason, people want to complain about it regardless of the fact that the tag has been removed and that people have explained numerous times that there really isn't any yaoi in this.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Aug 7, 2012 4:45 AM

Jan 2012
too much violence and gore for me. guess i'll pass this one
Aug 7, 2012 7:21 AM

Mar 2008
...Am I the only who remembers how graphic the blowjob scene was, or did the Japanese release of this have mosaics over everything in that scene? I know the version published by Vertical had all the mosaics removed.

Anyway, yaoi and homosexual romance are two completely different things. One's between two women, and the other is between a guy and a guy that's a stand-in for the girl.
Nothing
Aug 7, 2012 7:25 AM

Feb 2010
If this is really gonne be a chibi-mini-comedy-series then I really have no clue how this will turn out. Not that optimistic though.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 7, 2012 8:13 AM
Feb 2009
People that see the manga as yaoi didn't clearly understand shit, it's not yaoi at all, there is just this boy in love with another boy that uses him for blowjobs. Guys in puberty discovering sex, a totally normal thing for everyone, gender doesn't matter, if you can experience it with a friend or someone close the better...
And the main romance is about Litchi, a robot, and Kanon a beautiful girl, it's about a beautiful friendship that is gonna break, about how someone can manipulate a group when he has a certain title, there are society problems, etc...

If stupid fangirls just see it as yaoi then I'm sorry you missed a great plot out there. (I'm talking here about everyone that read it)

But I'm hearing they are going to do a comedy thing out of it anyway, so I think you don't even have to worry about the "yaoi" part...

I just wish they would go with the plot, they could use sound effets + shadows + blood instead of showing the gory scenes. I mean the story has much more than ONLY guro c'mon...
But yeah still happy this show is getting an anime, looking forward to it no matter what comes.. lol
xxx
Aug 7, 2012 8:59 AM

Jan 2011
Bring it on!! :))
Aug 7, 2012 9:15 AM

Jul 2011
I wonder why this manga had the yaoi tag on it to begin with...

I'm a bit disappointed that this isn't going to be a direct adaptation, but it wouldn't have worked with all the censoring if it was going to be a TV adaptation. Maybe it will become an OVA instead in the future if this comedic TV short gets popular enough.
Aug 7, 2012 9:38 AM

Mar 2011
Comedic TV short?
Maybe I will watch then, for me it was hard to stomach the manga, but I think I can handle this so I can't wait to see how this goes.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Aug 7, 2012 10:23 AM

Apr 2008
I'll watch it...but how much guro are we talking about?
Aug 7, 2012 4:40 PM

May 2011
This isn't guro...
Aug 7, 2012 7:20 PM

May 2009
Oh my, sort of want.
Aug 7, 2012 10:58 PM

May 2011
So is it horrifying because its gay?
OLOLOLOLO jokes jokes.

Might be good
Aug 8, 2012 9:59 AM

Dec 2010
whats comedic tv short?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - May 21

14 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago

» 'Edens Zero' Manga Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - May 21

7 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

45 by nectror »»
8 hours ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - May 18

20 by IdaB »»
Yesterday, 1:26 PM

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

22 by Lili-chwaaan »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.