Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 10, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 2014
Great series, went in for sex, finished it for the story.
ending although it seems a bit sad, i also think it leaves a bit to imagination. They were still young so you never know what might happen after Kanon comes back from overseas.
Dec 14, 2014 3:04 AM

Oct 2012
I wish he went with her Q_Q dammit.

I liked how at the end it says we hope this isnt the end but a beginning to this series.

was it teasingus? Q_Q
Dec 27, 2014 1:23 AM

Dec 2014
Raging mad when kano did the orgy... At the finale, shin must be an imbecile.... He should have atleast proposed to kanoko... T_T
Jan 8, 2015 7:34 PM

Dec 2012
Read this a way while back, and I just reread it today. I think they're trying for a normal relationship. I think it was was great read and an okay ending. I was really expecting it to be, like "let's start over again... how it should've started". It was still really great to reread.
Feb 9, 2015 12:24 PM

Oct 2011
A fairly realistic ending to wrap up an otherwise bad manga... at least to me. The numerous H-scenes in this manga are gratuitous and frankly annoyed me. They took up valuable pages and got in the way of the story, which wasn't all that gripping either, but at least it had its moments. The only good thing I got out of this manga, is Kanoko's maturation from a spoiled-princess with a lust for the opposite sex, to a headstrong girl who tries her best to do what she thinks is right. That, and the pretty art, are about the only things I liked about the manga.

It's just a shame this had to be a hentai manga, of all the things it could have been...

Feb 15, 2015 8:58 AM

Sep 2014
Not my thing to be honest. Other than sex-scenes there was not much going for it. And the parting at the end was completely unnecessary and felt forced. Was okay to read, but disappointed me after all the amazing opinions. 5/10
Apr 22, 2015 7:22 AM

Jul 2012
This is my second time reading something by this author. I've noticed that the author always has somewhat of a scandal/business plot, with one bad girl, and the main couple having a conflict because of that. Oh, and smut every chapter. #worth

Hmm, satisfying read overall. However, both main characters were very unlikable - main girl being a spoiled brat and the main guy being unattractive, boring and generic. Come on, why does the author make the girls look hot but not put effort on drawing hotter guys? Jeez.

I must say, the last few pages of the last chapter were very well done and almost brought me to tears. Somewhat tragic.

6/10 (may lower later when my feels die down)
May 7, 2015 1:22 AM
Apr 2015
Just finished reading this, the open ending was good enough or rather it may be the best choice of the author. Wow, its amazing how would a girl Kanoko becoming strong like that. Character development is good :)

My thoughts are they will meet someday when the time comes. Ofc money is not the problem here but Niita's pride as a man. 10/10 for a manga like this.
Jun 3, 2015 10:39 AM

Jan 2015
wish they'd make more as the ending wasn't enough to satisfy me greatly, feels like a cliffhanger, and i still want to know what happens after the event. Anyways, everything is good about this manga. 10/10 would recommend to a friend or something.
VercettyJun 3, 2015 11:45 AM
Jun 21, 2015 5:28 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
benevolentfather said:
Thinking about it...it looks like the farewell may have been a final one.

He asked when she'll be back, she replied if he wanted to come along, meaning she knows there's a big chance she won't be back. Then when he rejects you can see her about to cry. The "see you later" part is probably just to make it easier on themselves.

Just a little gone with the wind moment there.

DAMM YOU!! The ending already twisted a bit of my heart inside me, but I still wanted to keep it positive.. but with comments like those, how can I?!

Summing it up, was a very pleasent read, gorgeous art, alot of arousing sex scenes, kanoko had good development and the drama wasnt bad, and since I enjoyed the romance alot, I just cant think this ending is the final farewell, I hope they will meet again someday. It would really conclude on a more satisfactory note, with an happier ending, but I cant say this one was trash, just like people been saying very bittersweet.
Jul 5, 2015 5:40 AM

Sep 2007
Well the ending was good nothing else to say. I read it twice and the ending keep being good for me. BTW they not together in the ending. They just friends and keep their life going.
Jul 27, 2015 12:43 AM
Jul 2009
This manga gave me a boner, then made me angry, then made me feel bad for kano then made me feel happy..... sounds like a girlfriend....

These open ended endings piss me off
Aug 15, 2015 11:35 PM
Aug 2015
obviously he stops her at the airport and confesses his feelings outright, they have a brief but passionate sexual encounter in the bathroom, she flies to America and la di da she calls home in a few months saying she's pregnant. Bam! MC calls her an idiot, goes on to raise the child (a girl most likely to piss him off even more) by himself, while she does her thing in the business world and occasionally visits to have sex and watch scary movies. Eventually they marry (when he's like 40 and she's 26 I guess) and they all lived happily ever after. Alternatively, MC flies out to the States on his vacation hours, confesses his feelings ("you're so troublesome.. such a pain.. but I need you damn brat"), and she's all like, "you're gross.. old man.." before they kiss intensely and then initiate the baby making project. Screw the realists! We need some more happy endings
Aug 15, 2015 11:52 PM
Aug 2015
And she doesn't die young like fuuka (the new chapter hasn't been released and this reunion is the only thing keeping me reading it...)
Sep 17, 2015 7:09 AM

Mar 2013
Okay the ending was bittersweet but it sucked! I mean... after all these events they've went thru, it's sad to see an ending like this :(

When I read that there was a 3 and half of years of time-leap, I thought "at last, they would get together and have a happy ending :') !" but only to disappoint myself later ;_;
The very thought that they were going farther away after all that time, it was painful to read. At that time, I was really mad at the MC... he haven't confessed his love to her at the very end!

But overall, it wouldn't have hurt to give a possible damn implication about their relationship, love life or marriage you know? D:
I would've given it higher score if it had a happy ending.
Oct 28, 2015 8:07 PM
Jun 2010
Some personal thoughts:

- Too many sex scenes;
- Felt disgusted with every orgy scene displayed for some reason;
- Fuck Saeki! I want so much an epilogue where she gets (figuratively) fucked in some way and gets what she deserves. Damn... I'm so mad with her. This shit is almost NTR level (which I personally hate).
- I'm probably most mad about the fact that there isn't a single functional relationship in this entire manga. Every relationship depicted here is deeply broken in some way or another. I know romances are not perfect in real life either, but they are also not as messed up as these. And that's why I don't buy very much the "realistic ending" argument.
Oct 31, 2015 4:31 AM

Jun 2015
This series was alright.
Oct 31, 2015 5:27 AM
May 2012
Hmmm, a nice ending, not sad at all (why do some people here think that it's sad). It's obvious that they will be together. He should have gone with her, but I guess he can't cause he just became full time.
Well, I know that many people like and say that this Manga is good and all, but I just don't feel the same way. It's alright for me. Art is really nice, though.
Nov 25, 2015 3:26 AM

Dec 2013
The ending was perfect..bittersweet but i can't imagine any other ending for such an adult manga..i wished that he went with her but..i still believe it is the best choice..velvet kiss had sometimes innecessary hentai scenes though but..i still liked it
8/10
Dec 6, 2015 12:16 PM
Dec 2015
for me this is very good manga...keep positive for ending... nitta happy with his normal life(busy with his work)..and kanoko grewup for more mature.
RlyGartDec 6, 2015 2:32 PM
Feb 7, 2016 5:29 PM

Aug 2014
I like the ending :) And I like this manga. I commented on every chapter so this means it was worth reading it.
Many of you posted some nice thoughts, some of them are how I think about this story, some are totally different. Not too much I can add.

I am not sure why Nitta did not want to go with her, he would have dream come true life with rich, young and sexy girl who loves him. Maybe he really didn't love her.

I still think he doesn't deserve her, he could do more for her during this story and even at the end. Ok he gave her free space and did not to disturb her, but was that what she rly needed?
She didn't have family and she needed someone who is dear to her. Kano needed to create some normal bonds with people and best with someone who she loved. She knew only sex relationships thanks to her aunt, dad and her so called friends. That is why her relationship with Nitta looked like that, but was ale to change it and he did not.
Maybe she has grown stronger but wouldn't it be possible if they would create family? I think it would be possible, but he was too weak to do so much and that is why I like the ending where they are not together.

I am only not happy that last chapters were not extended into volume 5. I hate when something I like ends.

Oh btw this story is a little similar to Clannad's Tomoya&Tomoyo route. Both characters let a girl go her own way they don't disturb her, but in Clannad they love each other and they get back together.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 16, 2016 8:20 AM

Sep 2007
Liked the ending, liked much more the rest of the story... very dark and somewhat gruesome, but the authoress knew what she was doing.
(by the way, great hentai scenes)

For the ending, I don't think they didn't see or speak at all for 3 and half years... after all Nitta clearly state he did not change his number because Kano had that number. While she could change number from one moment to the next, it would be problematic if he did change it, as she was always the one searching for him. The statement in the last chapters "Didn't I tell you to not call me at work?" prove it;
as he never say that to Kano in all the previous chapters, it must have happened in the "time-skip".

As for the "we will never see again" thing, I think it simply appear more gloomy than the authoress' plans. While Nitta ask "You'll come back one day?" Kano hear it as "I can't stay without you for too much time" and therefore ask if he want to come along and while the last chapter unfold both of them look deeply in love.
And in the end, the last two pages certainly doesn't portray a dumped Kano, but an enamored girl that has received a promise and think that the best is yet to come.

Best happy ending.
May 12, 2016 2:32 AM
Dec 2015
Damn sad with that ending! Really wanted them to end up together ): was extremely good! Really enjoyed this!
Jun 7, 2016 8:55 AM

Mar 2016
It was good granted, but kinda wanted to see a real "after" scene.
Jun 9, 2016 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
Too short. I'm disappointment of how our both our leads doesn't had much chemistry. Wish it was longer.
Jul 30, 2016 8:07 PM

Dec 2013
was great till the ending. Why oh why would you have them meet after 3 years just to say oh hey I'm going abroad for a long time see ya. Terrible ending to an otherwise good story
Aug 1, 2016 7:53 AM

Apr 2016
This last sex scene with kano's smile and the way both characters interact is soooooooooooooo beautiful. I would have never hope to find something that marvellous in an ecchi, soft hentai manga.
Same goes in some other scenes in the last chapters (drying hairs). It feels true.

... and then the mangaka inexplicably destroyed the mood. Japanese syndrom I guess. I'm pretty sure this manga lost one point in rating because of the last pages.

I don't care, I will keep on phantasizing they meet somehow (the airport and pregnant theory above in this thread made me smile, it's a good one, in for it!!!) and if they don't end up together making beautifull kids at least they will keep on seeing eachother and be best friends forever.
Sep 14, 2016 3:07 PM
Dec 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this manga and I'm satisfied with the ending. I'm glad I bought the physical books when they were on sale. Totally worth my money, and it's a great addition to my collection.

I haven't enjoyed reading an "adult" manga this much since I finished Nozoki Ana.

-Beautiful art
-Great H scenes
-Interesting plot

Solid 9/10
Sep 17, 2016 9:48 AM
Sep 2016
Wtf was that? 3 years and a half of waiting and then waiting again? Yah yah keep waiting till the end. 5/10
Feb 26, 2017 8:41 AM

Mar 2016
kinda a bitter sweet ending but understandable to certain extent.
It's funny how only 1 chapter (chapter 31) had no sex in it lmao
Mar 17, 2017 1:46 AM
May 2016
Damn I really loved it only hated the scenes where Kanoko get fucked by other guys and Nitta fucking around with his dick.

The ending is quite good. After 3 and a half years they part way again, but you have to consider Kanoko is around 20(??) and Natti shoukd already have a age around 30. As a men I would hate it to rely on my wife so maybe after some years when Natti made some money/higher status at his work they can reunion again and maybe marry ;o. (Or Kanoko go wild again and is gonna fuck around get filmed and rip her company)
Mar 28, 2017 12:39 AM

Sep 2010
Bittersweet ending, but I absolutely enjoyed this read.
Jun 7, 2017 12:30 PM

Jan 2015
This was a great ride. I loved every single chapter of it. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending, open endings always bug me.

What's important is that they know how they feel. They love each other and will always wait for each other. I'm sure they'll be together in the future. I don't know how long she'll be overseas, but it won't be that long, she's just going to teach management at a branch company.

Too bad we couldn't have a closed ending, but overall it was a happy ending. I'll hold on very tight to that "See you later!".
Jul 28, 2017 2:26 PM
May 2017
I would have liked the ending much more if they promised to each other to get married when she returns......
Jul 29, 2017 1:00 AM
May 2017
skualninja said:
Good ending, that was so japanese-like, putting your duty over above personal feelings

It's very very sad... if i had to deal with that in real life , why would i want to be reminded of it even in fiction where i go to escape reality?....
Sep 7, 2017 3:04 AM

Aug 2012
Fine ending. I just finished it but I guess this kind of thing is not for me. Sex doesn't really bother me but the orgy kinda let me down also both parties tried to taste different man/women.
Nov 20, 2017 1:55 PM

Mar 2016
I guess it's a good ending. Better than a lot of others. This was just a troll ecchi manga, but I liked how the story, for a hentai manga, was actually pretty good and drawn out. I guess they rushed things too much at the end though.

overall, 7.4/10 (I don't want it a 7 but I don't want it a 7.5 either!!!)
Nov 30, 2017 3:19 AM
May 2016
RyanSharp said:
I was very sad from the ending.
I had hoped that they would at least try and form a normal relationship that would contrast with the rather unusual relationship that they have had for the length of the manga. I thought that such an ending would have been pleasant as it would show growth in their characters.

I understand that this ending also shows growth, but I still can't help but feel that it isn't such a happy ending as what was expected from a romance manga.

Regardless, I can't help but hope for a sequel, despite the small chance of it ever existing.

I SOOO AGREE WITH YOU. I PUNCHED THE WALL TEN TIMES TO MAKE SURE I WASN'T SEEING THINGS WRONG. UNFORTUNATELY I WASNT. DAMN WHERE'S THE OTP GONE TO NOW?
Nov 30, 2017 3:22 AM
May 2016
ArcticMech said:
Though I wanted them together, I thought the story ended well. They both still have plenty to focus on professionally at the moment and it would probably hurt the relationship more than help it if Nitta were to throw away everything he's worked to rebuild these past few years to follow Kano right now. Three plus years didn't seem to have dampened their feelings for one another, so what's a little more? It's just a matter of time IMO. But hopefully she won't make him wait too long! I'll miss this series.
RIGHT? WHY DON'T WE ALL START AN UPRISING IN FRONT OF THE MANGAKAS HOUSE IN THE HOPES THAT SHE'LL MAKE A SEQUEL SERIES. JUST ANYTHING TO JUSTIFY THAT THE BOTH OF THEM GOT THE RELATIONSHIP THEY DESERVED.
Nov 30, 2017 3:28 AM
May 2016
benevolentfather said:
Thinking about it...it looks like the farewell may have been a final one.

He asked when she'll be back, she replied if he wanted to come along, meaning she knows there's a big chance she won't be back. Then when he rejects you can see her about to cry. The "see you later" part is probably just to make it easier on themselves.

Just a little gone with the wind moment there.
FUCK YOUUUUUUU BUT NO OFFENNSSEEEEE FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!!!! I HAVEN'T THOUGHT OF THEIR WORDS THAT WAY, BUT NOW THAT YOU'VE SAID IT IN IN THE OPEN, YOU'VE RUINED MY HOPES FOR THEIR RELATIONSHIP 🖕😭😭😭😭😭😭 FUCK YOUU
Nov 30, 2017 3:33 AM
May 2016
Ryoga84 said:
. The statement in the last chapters "Didn't I tell you to not call me at work?" prove it;
as he never say that to Kano in all the previous chapters, it must have happened in the "time-skip".
I beg to differ. Nitta repeatedly complains in the earlier volumes about Kano's incessant pestering while he's at work. Her whims drove him crazy, made him fuck her hard in a certain scene, remember?
Nov 30, 2017 3:35 AM
May 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
This last sex scene with kano's smile and the way both characters interact is soooooooooooooo beautiful. I would have never hope to find something that marvellous in an ecchi, soft hentai manga.
Same goes in some other scenes in the last chapters (drying hairs). It feels true.

... and then the mangaka inexplicably destroyed the mood. Japanese syndrom I guess. I'm pretty sure this manga lost one point in rating because of the last pages.

I don't care, I will keep on phantasizing they meet somehow (the airport and pregnant theory above in this thread made me smile, it's a good one, in for it!!!) and if they don't end up together making beautifull kids at least they will keep on seeing eachother and be best friends forever.
pregnant theory? Where? I will look for it. I will get back to you if I don't.
Nov 30, 2017 7:07 AM

Apr 2016
@KandyJar

it's in the # 115 here.

I think it would be a great epilogue for the story.
Nov 30, 2017 9:42 AM
May 2016
tkhong3 said:
obviously he stops her at the airport and confesses his feelings outright, they have a brief but passionate sexual encounter in the bathroom, she flies to America and la di da she calls home in a few months saying she's pregnant. Bam! MC calls her an idiot, goes on to raise the child (a girl most likely to piss him off even more) by himself, while she does her thing in the business world and occasionally visits to have sex and watch scary movies. Eventually they marry (when he's like 40 and she's 26 I guess) and they all lived happily ever after. Alternatively, MC flies out to the States on his vacation hours, confesses his feelings ("you're so troublesome.. such a pain.. but I need you damn brat"), and she's all like, "you're gross.. old man.." before they kiss intensely and then initiate the baby making project. Screw the realists! We need some more happy endings
I love this one. Thank you kind man for making this prompt for a fanfic
Nov 30, 2017 9:44 AM
May 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
@KandyJar

it's in the # 115 here.

I think it would be a great epilogue for the story.
thanks. I share your feelings about that comment. It was great. I STILL WANT A CLOSED CONCLUSION THOUGH I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK CHIHIRO-SAN!?!?
Dec 6, 2017 2:46 PM
Jun 2016
Is there gonna be a sequel?
Dec 16, 2017 12:21 AM
Nov 2017
Finished just under 2 hours. What a blast. I couldn't put it down. Kinda bummed about the ending, and I can connect with the longing aspect, but I hope there is some continuation of this at some point. The feels came at the end with the callback of "I told you not to call me at work". The meaning of that phrase now flipped, just perfect.

Overall, I give a 10. It was everything I wanted, in an adult oriented package. I need to give the other works a chance now.
Dec 27, 2017 7:37 AM

Jun 2013
This hentai manga tried too hard to have a cohesive story it's funny. And don't get me start with the characters..
Feb 7, 2018 12:59 AM

Dec 2012
Damn nig I wish it were longer.

Still I'd thanks the author for this awesome journey.
When you didn't get any attack on titan spoilers and watch SS2-EP6 ↓
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzwzpir1WJXeNU5iVy0tWkhHb0U/view
(Broken ass link.. Just check out junkputty SS2-EP6 reaction.)
Mar 24, 2018 6:43 PM

Apr 2015
i wonder if she's still a sex addict after the time skip,i hope she's not
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» How did this get marked as a H manga?

LittleHmongBoi - Apr 14

12 by LittleHmongBoi »»
Apr 15, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 9 Discussion

KuroDubZero - May 24, 2011

18 by parzxval »»
Oct 5, 2023 4:34 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 3 Discussion

-Kazu - Feb 4, 2011

16 by parzxval »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:12 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 2 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Feb 7, 2011

14 by parzxval »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:05 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 1 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Feb 7, 2011

22 by parzxval »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.