Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2012 3:06 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This story had its up and downs but this ending feels far from apropiate given the circusntances.
Kanokon feels like starting a relationship at this point will just screw things over (which was smart), then time passes and she "grows" but then Nitta is too scare to actually commit (he could just go with her, is not like money is an issue)

Anyways still a good read for 32 chp
huh?
Apr 16, 2012 3:07 PM

Dec 2010
Nitta is still tsundere 3 years later
Apr 16, 2012 3:11 PM

Oct 2010
lol so true
huh?
Apr 16, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2011
I'm a sucker for happy endings.
Apr 16, 2012 3:28 PM

May 2011
notsureifsrs said:
Nitta is still tsundere 3 years later

This.

Shit i woulda went with her. Sex on a private plane doesnt sound too bad
Apr 16, 2012 3:44 PM

Feb 2012
Great ending even though he should've just gone with her.

I will read this again in one sitting and enjoy it to the fullest, it was pretty damn compelling and the wait for a new chapter was always too long. I love Harumi's art style and the story was also good, I hope she makes another series with such a high level.
Apr 16, 2012 4:42 PM

Jul 2009
He probably didn't want to get in her way and distract her. Mind you she's still very young. How old is she after the 3 years? Was she 18 before? So 21 now?

If so, 21 - still a long way to go, young lady.

BUT UGHHHHH, ME JELLY.

//What Nita did was right though. Not only did he not get in her way, he continues to give her even more freedom to grow, rather than being tied down. And I'm not surprised he cherishes his own work - a career that he made for himself. It might sound funny, but as you grow older, you no longer want free things. You want to create a legacy in which you've obtained yourself, not from a lottery, or from your parents, but something YOU have accomplished.

But yes, I'm still a sucker for free money, and would've jumped on that Kano-wagon, but that's cause I'm poor/stupid.
KurogashiApr 16, 2012 4:52 PM
Apr 16, 2012 5:58 PM
Mar 2012
I was very sad from the ending.
I had hoped that they would at least try and form a normal relationship that would contrast with the rather unusual relationship that they have had for the length of the manga. I thought that such an ending would have been pleasant as it would show growth in their characters.

I understand that this ending also shows growth, but I still can't help but feel that it isn't such a happy ending as what was expected from a romance manga.

Regardless, I can't help but hope for a sequel, despite the small chance of it ever existing.
meh
Apr 16, 2012 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
Well, I called it, got exactly the ending I was hoping for. Both of them come to better terms with who they are as a person, and grow from it. I said they would need some space, and should wait a little while to try and hook up, and that's exactly what they are doing....The future looks bright for both of them two, and a future relationship will be much better off this time around.

Great series
Apr 16, 2012 7:56 PM

May 2011
Aww its quite sad to see this finally come to an end, but it was a good satisfying ending though. Both these two have changed a lot and its nice to see Kano become the person she is now. This is such a sweet and simple ending. Though I did want them to start a real relationship, too bad they are both occupied with their own businesses. :/ At least they still love each other and will always wait for them I guess. Damn it Nitta should have just said fuck his work and went with Kano.

Great manga, I loved it.
Apr 16, 2012 11:58 PM

May 2009
Though I wanted them together, I thought the story ended well. They both still have plenty to focus on professionally at the moment and it would probably hurt the relationship more than help it if Nitta were to throw away everything he's worked to rebuild these past few years to follow Kano right now. Three plus years didn't seem to have dampened their feelings for one another, so what's a little more? It's just a matter of time IMO. But hopefully she won't make him wait too long! I'll miss this series.
Apr 17, 2012 12:53 AM

Sep 2008
i wish they were also in a relationship as well at the end, but i like dem happy endings.

I look forward for the mangaka's next work
Apr 17, 2012 8:36 AM

Sep 2011
That was a pretty neat ending.It wasn't the best scenario possible,but it's because of that that I liked it.
Apr 17, 2012 8:49 AM

Feb 2012
It had a good run.
Apr 17, 2012 9:18 AM
Mar 2011
interesting.........I hated that ending >:T
but at least it was an open ending where we could get the idea that they'll meet each other again when they're older ^.^;
Apr 17, 2012 3:26 PM
Oct 2010
Zakeru1221 said:
interesting.........I hated that ending >:T
but at least it was an open ending where we could get the idea that they'll meet each other again when they're older ^.^;

Dont wanna see them old. Anyway, They rushed. I love the ending but it was unexpected. I thought the stepmother would plan another scene.
Apr 17, 2012 9:55 PM

Apr 2010
That was an amazing bittersweet ending. I loved it. Great series.
Apr 18, 2012 3:09 AM

Jun 2010
It was an okay ending.
Apr 18, 2012 4:51 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
I think we all knew it was going to be a bittersweet ending, as much as we would have liked to have them end up together.

At least they didn't grow apart and we get left with them idly thinking about each other and what could have been from opposite sites of the globe (assuming that doesn't happen next).
Apr 18, 2012 7:21 PM

Jul 2009
After LD mentioned Vader in his post, I really got into a hype - are we up to some codegeass-style mindblowing finale?!

Of course, not. Despite that, this chapter managed to surprise me - I imagine they deserved a better conclusion after all that experience.

But if you like realistic endings - this is a fitting one.
Apr 18, 2012 8:09 PM

Apr 2011
I actually really enjoyed this manga a lot. I also liked the art of the manga :)
I think they should make another chapter in the future with them being together :)
Apr 18, 2012 9:44 PM

Feb 2011
This was definitely a great series and will be greatly missed now that it has ended.

The ending was such a bitter sweet one. I would have loved for them to start a normal relationship but it's not what the creator had in mind. But I guess it's up to our imagination to determine what happens next.

10/10
Apr 19, 2012 12:15 AM

Aug 2007
I can understand how some people would feel let down with the ending, but personally I think it was quite nice and fitting for this series. And a touch realistic to real life as well.

Kano and Nitta always had two very different lives outside of their sexual and romantic relationship, its no surprise that their work pulls them in different directions currently. But there is still hope in the ending, they reaffirm their true feelings that they will be together again in the near future. They just have to deal and get the other parts of their lives in order.

I'm sure there will be a marriage or at least a long-term relationship in their foreseeable future. :)
Apr 19, 2012 1:21 AM
Apr 2012
Honestly, although this NTR ending may be the author's intention of making us feel sad.
I still wish that they were happy in the end...... so sad

Squel Demanded
Apr 19, 2012 2:09 AM

Aug 2007
zetacoda said:
\although this NTR ending

Uh, there was no NTR in that ending. Are you sure you know what NTR means? Cause you're not using it in the right context at all. (If Saeki-san would of taken Nitta from Kano in the end, that would of been NTR for Kano)

I keep seeing people use the term NTR a lot lately to describable relationships/situations that aren't it at all. It's getting really annoying.
Apr 19, 2012 2:42 AM
Mar 2011
how the fk was this NTR?!
Apr 19, 2012 3:13 AM
Apr 2012
kk calm down wrong term fgs......the point is the ending is a good but sad one.....T-T
Apr 19, 2012 4:37 AM

Apr 2008
Yes, a bittersweet ending.

Would had loved the ending if it were 10 years into the future with marriage and kids.

Overall a good manga. 8/10
Apr 19, 2012 4:10 PM

Jun 2009
You were supposed to go with her, Nitta you bastard. (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 19, 2012 7:52 PM

Feb 2011
Thinking about it...it looks like the farewell may have been a final one.

He asked when she'll be back, she replied if he wanted to come along, meaning she knows there's a big chance she won't be back. Then when he rejects you can see her about to cry. The "see you later" part is probably just to make it easier on themselves.

Just a little gone with the wind moment there.
Apr 19, 2012 7:56 PM

Aug 2009
Friendzoned.
Apr 19, 2012 8:05 PM

Nov 2011
I can't judge the finale just by this chapter. It was more a matter of all that happening culminating in now, when loose ties just got wraped up. That considering... it was great~ That Harumi Chihiro knows her stuff. xP

So, no revenge to the fake-paid-girlfriend? Oh well, that does makes all more credible, not having aaaall the antagonist down I mean. xP Truly a pro that girl, huh? XD

Kurogashi said:
What Nita did was right though. Not only did he not get in her way, he continues to give her even more freedom to grow, rather than being tied down. And I'm not surprised he cherishes his own work - a career that he made for himself. It might sound funny, but as you grow older, you no longer want free things. You want to create a legacy in which you've obtained yourself, not from a lottery, or from your parents, but something YOU have accomplished.

But yes, I'm still a sucker for free money, and would've jumped on that Kano-wagon, but that's cause I'm poor/stupid.

THIS! I completely agree! And he wasn't tsundere at all (okay that was nice to read as a joke xD), I found very cool of him to, even though he clearly not wanted at heart, allow herself to follow her path while he follows his own. But he'll always wait for her. That means both are finally on the same level, no one dragging the other down (as when she was troubling him at his work) but at the same time they won't give up of staying together because they love each other. Good for them (after all they've been through) to have become able to trust each other to reach this level in a relationship. Good. For. Them.

(...I'm sure they'll eventually get married, but that would be way to blatant for an ending, I rather it smooth like this one was~)
Apr 20, 2012 4:52 AM

Jan 2011
It sure is a bitter-sweet ending. Dammit, why does Kano have to seperate from Niita. D: Kano changed heaps throughout this series though. God damn, she looks so god damn cute when she smiles. Now she's heavily into the business now. Niita's got his full-time job back after 3 years, that's good news but then Kano has to leave for overseas. Oh come on... xD THERE BETTER BE AN EPILOGUE CHAPTER, LET'S GO! :P

Overall, this series was amazing. Harumi Chihiro is an awesome mangaka. Read Velvet Kiss every month and those cliffhanger endings every chapter killed me so much lmao. Really enjoyed this series. Gonna miss seeing new chapters of this. 8/10
Apr 20, 2012 5:02 AM

May 2011
i kinda wanted a confrontation between Nitta and Saki
Apr 20, 2012 7:59 AM
Apr 2011
A fine end to a great series.
9/10.
Apr 20, 2012 11:32 AM

Mar 2010
Good ending. Reminds me of 5cm/s for some reason.
Apr 21, 2012 9:56 AM

Aug 2009
Ending was bittersweet yet heavier on the tragic bend.

After 3.5 years of waiting with no contact, the only news Nitta gets is that he's going to be further away from his love.

Damn. I would've cried like a fountain lol.

But it was sweet that they continued to wait for each other ^^

However, what was a bit scary is that when Nitta asked "your coming back right?" she never replied with an answer. EPILOGUE I NEED AN EPILOGUE!
Apr 23, 2012 10:34 AM

Jul 2011
dam, ive enjoyed this manga alot, its an interesting story and its sad to see it end because i wanted more but it was still a great finale, they have both really matured,

kanoko made the right choice of picking one otherwise it would all fall apart and nitta made the right choice of letting kanoko go and let her be free instead of dragging her down, i like this, it just shows how much they love each other deeply and they care for each others future

i hope they make a sequel or an epilogue or more of chihiro's work, she is very good at telling a good story and not just making random sex scenes, her stories always have deeper meanings to them which i like
May 5, 2012 2:11 AM

Sep 2011
Come on guys. Be positive. It's pretty OBVIOUS that they love each other so much. It's unlikely for them not to meet again some day. Nitta let Kanoko go to experience the outside world and wouldn't want to be in her way. He's looking out for Kanoko's future. Kanoko knows this in her heart and thinks it's for the best in the meantime. Just imagine, in few years, Nitta becomes the company's President someday and meet Kanoko overseas/back in Japan in accident for a company meeting. Isn't this what you call "Fate" and "Romance"? :D
May 7, 2012 8:22 AM

Jun 2009
Harumi Chihiro does make character well, but unfortunately the plot is only average which is okay if the character is the main focus, but the last volume was mostly plot driven, and didn't live up to its first 3 vol.
1-3: 10/10
4: 7-8/10

The ending was not bittersweet unless you want to force it to be. They weren't able to get together after 3,5 year, and the possibility for it to happen when she chose to study overseas are close to zero. There is a reason why long distance relationship doesn't even work in movies, but it is a happy ending for nii-san and Kanoko, just not for their love together, unfortunately :-/
May 9, 2012 3:32 AM

Oct 2008
I'm not quite satisfied with the ending. I wanted for them to be together but I guess it's too early for that. A sequel then! That's all I could ask for.
May 9, 2012 10:58 PM

Sep 2011
Actually a pretty satisfying ending,
IMO done better than others.
May 14, 2012 9:31 PM

Sep 2009
wow after reading this last chapter it really left me with a bitter taste in my mouth but it still a nice chapter.... and wow yoriko got owned by the doctor(if only he did that before he got tangled with that B*tch, i mean Witch ^..,^)

if only it went to a totally happy ending ^....,^

im also a sucker for happy ending
May 24, 2012 3:53 PM

Jan 2008
I loved this manga all the way up until the end ... why didn't they stay together ... even worse it did a '3 years later' thing and they still wasn't together? D:
Jun 9, 2012 8:32 AM
Jun 2012
So any news about the continuation or maybe sequel or a new season ? We all know we need info !
Jun 17, 2012 7:31 AM
Feb 2011
This ending was kinda realistic...and thus, imperfect! I don't want realism thrown into my hentai, into my manga, I want fantasy! Escape! But overall, this was beautiful! What a great journey it was :)

I hope there's a continuation due to the popularity of this series. If there's not, I'm writing/drawing an alternate fucking ending. But, I do like to think that Nitta and Kano do wait for each other and get back together to live happily ever after :3
Aug 26, 2012 11:28 PM

Jul 2008
A bit of a sad ending..
What that note at the end said pretty much summed it up.
"An emphasis on mutual longing, and a tragic bond to duty."
Well, I'll miss reading this series.
Sep 9, 2012 5:44 AM

Jan 2008
I don't have anything against such bittersweet endings, but I really, really wanted a happy end for this one. They met for the first time after three years and they parted right away, that's sad.
Sep 12, 2012 7:34 AM

Jan 2012
Good ending, that was so japanese-like, putting your duty over above personal feelings
Sep 21, 2012 5:02 PM

Sep 2011
Nice ending, he'll be waiting for her, but sad to see they're not together.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How did this get marked as a H manga?

LittleHmongBoi - Apr 14

12 by LittleHmongBoi »»
Apr 15, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 9 Discussion

KuroDubZero - May 24, 2011

18 by parzxval »»
Oct 5, 2023 4:34 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 3 Discussion

-Kazu - Feb 4, 2011

16 by parzxval »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:12 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 2 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Feb 7, 2011

14 by parzxval »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:05 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 1 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Feb 7, 2011

22 by parzxval »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.