Forum Settings
Forums

Production Studio of Little Busters! Anime is J.C. Staff

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2012 5:32 AM

Nov 2007
Da fuck why does u hate me J.C. Staff and why does you allways pick out the good stuff and make it shit.
Apr 7, 2012 5:36 AM

Apr 2012
So, you guys hate on a bunch of animators? What's the deal? Animation isn't eveything...

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 7, 2012 5:37 AM

Feb 2008
Alterego-X said:
Then you were either careless for not realizing that KyoAni is already booked for this year and the next, or ignorant for not knowing that KyoAni never works on two shows at the same time.

Wow, you're a real expert, aren't you?
Mind you, the only project KyoAni is officially working on right now is Hyouka, which will start this month and should therefore be completed for the most part.
There has nothing been announced for upcoming seasons.
Apr 7, 2012 5:38 AM

Jan 2008
That was not my point, I was just saying that to make this show without KyoAni is a huge waste.
Apr 7, 2012 5:39 AM

May 2009
why in the heck is it JC Staff...i'll watch it anyway with the thought of it failing
Apr 7, 2012 5:41 AM

Apr 2010
Immahnoob said:
So, you guys hate on a bunch of animators? What's the deal? Animation isn't eveything...

An animation studio isn't only ANIMATING, they're also DIRECTING the adaptation.

Now now, if they pull off Toradora quality, then I'll be satisfied.

lolno will never happen.
Apr 7, 2012 5:43 AM

Apr 2010
De-JaY said:
Alterego-X said:
Then you were either careless for not realizing that KyoAni is already booked for this year and the next, or ignorant for not knowing that KyoAni never works on two shows at the same time.

Wow, you're a real expert, aren't you?
Mind you, the only project KyoAni is officially working on right now is Hyouka, which will start this month and should therefore be completed for the most part.
There has nothing been announced for upcoming seasons.

It's called Chu-2 Byou
Apr 7, 2012 5:43 AM

Apr 2012
if they plan this to be a long one aka 70+ eps lets admit it, it will suck at some point just like naruto dead and lame after 70+eps..

just like kyoani the best they can do is they just select a heroine to become the main and just go with that route. kyoani manage to succeed with that style because they know they cant animate all routes for the pleasure of the fans who like her and hates the other

if one played so many dating sims and VN, they shold already know there is no such harem ending.

this little busters anime will go for 24.eps 26 best
Apr 7, 2012 5:44 AM

Apr 2010
KamijouShinto said:
if they plan this to be a long one aka 70+ eps lets admit it, it will suck at some point just like naruto dead and lame after 70+eps..

just like kyoani the best they can do is they just select a heroine to become the main and just go with that route. kyoani manage to succeed with that style because they know they cant animate all routes for the pleasure of the fans who like her and hates the other

if one played so many dating sims and VN, they shold already know there is no such harem ending.

this little busters anime will go for 24.eps 26 best

70+ episode is way too much. 26 + 13 eps for Refrain is just fine.
Apr 7, 2012 5:45 AM

Jan 2008
Immahnoob said:
Animation isn't eveything...

It isn't, on a show with story or characters interesting enough to make us forget or forgive a plain direction and atmosphere.

But shows such as Kanon or Clannad would never have become this big without their god tier animation and atmosphere, it is basically almost everything on this kind of show (see: Kanon 2002)
Apr 7, 2012 5:47 AM

Apr 2010
Solkiskey said:
Immahnoob said:

An animation studio isn't only ANIMATING, they're also DIRECTING the adaptation.

lolno will never happen.

Directing isn't done by a studio, it's done by a director.

This one's director doesn't seem to have anything for or against him.
Apr 7, 2012 5:48 AM

Apr 2012
Solkiskey said:
Immahnoob said:

lolno will never happen.

Can you give me a really bad example and a good one of what they directed? Oh, and you seem to have that habit of CAPS LOCKING important parts just like me (usually the verb).

If you can check my list you'll see some anime directed by them. Oh, and I've seen some Honey and Clover too but on television so it doesn't count, but I have quite an idea of what they did.

Autocrat said:
Apr 7, 2012 5:52 AM

Apr 2012
MannyCalavera said:
Immahnoob said:

It isn't, on a show with story or characters interesting enough to make us forget or forgive a plain direction and atmosphere.

But shows such as Kanon or Clannad would never have become this big without their god tier animation and atmosphere, it is basically almost everything on this kind of show (see: Kanon 2002)

You're pretty much right for Clannad, the atmosphere was great about it and the animation also.

But really, maybe my eye isn't made for such things? I watched even Hidan no Aria that you guys hate a lot, I didn't saw anything "plain" about it, I mean for me it's enough they animate it animeish style and just add the story to it lol.

Autocrat said:
Apr 7, 2012 5:52 AM

Aug 2008
Stop whining. Hatsukoi Limited was amazing
Apr 7, 2012 5:53 AM

Sep 2011
Alterego-X said:
hzrinv said:
Immahnoob said:
Why does everybody hate these JC Staff guys? o.O Wasn't Shakugan no Shana made by them? It got quite high rated by all of you.

it made popular anime... but not exactly slice-of-life/drama masterpieces... well besides Honey and Clover..

So what? J.C. Staff animators can only make good-looking fighting scenes, but if they try doing faces talking in a school classroom, it will look like crap? Or only KyoAni's scriptwriters are able to turn a novel dialogue into an anime script when it isn't a rant about the power of friendship?

Please, realize, that they don't have to MAKE a slice of life masterpiece, just as they didn't MAKE honey and clover either. The masterpiece is already made, they just need to animate it. And they are good at that.

Please, realize, that considering Kanon and Clannad are notable masterpieces, and everyone is expecting Little Busters! To meet these expectations (maybe not life changing like Clannad, but quality script work, characterization, and directing.)

It's more than animation. Even their fighting animated scenes aren't good. I remember clearly in SnS3 a scene of Shanas hair blowing was animated with TWO frames. Yeah, quality animation for 2012. So I can't even credit them as good animators.

SnS3 was just recently made, and the execution and plot were horrendous from a light novel
adaption. J.C. Staff cannot animate well or direct, and I've seen this first hand.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Apr 7, 2012 5:53 AM

Apr 2010
MannyCalavera said:
Immahnoob said:

I'm wondering how did it ever sell 300.000 units without even being animated AT ALL.
Apr 7, 2012 5:57 AM

Oct 2009
Alterego-X said:
hzrinv said:
Immahnoob said:
Why does everybody hate these JC Staff guys? o.O Wasn't Shakugan no Shana made by them? It got quite high rated by all of you.

it made popular anime... but not exactly slice-of-life/drama masterpieces... well besides Honey and Clover..

So what? J.C. Staff animators can only make good-looking fighting scenes, but if they try doing faces talking in a school classroom, it will look like crap? Or only KyoAni's scriptwriters are able to turn a novel dialogue into an anime script when it isn't a rant about the power of friendship?

Please, realize, that they don't have to MAKE a slice of life masterpiece, just as they didn't MAKE honey and clover either. The masterpiece is already made, they just need to animate it. And they are good at that.

haha dude... animate it? it really isn't that easy... since they need to make scripts and such plus the atmosphere
it really isn't that easy

they may be good at 'animation' but not really with the atmosphere
Apr 7, 2012 5:59 AM

Apr 2010
Immahnoob said:
Solkiskey said:
Immahnoob said:

lolno will never happen.

Can you give me a really bad example and a good one of what they directed? Oh, and you seem to have that habit of CAPS LOCKING important parts just like me (usually the verb).

If you can check my list you'll see some anime directed by them. Oh, and I've seen some Honey and Clover too but on television so it doesn't count, but I have quite an idea of what they did.

Yes I do lol.

I think their best show is definitely Aoi Hana and Toradora. Bad ones would be Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima, they were pretty meh. I heard the novels were much better.

Then again things like this are entirely subjective, you might've liked SnS and ZnT.
Apr 7, 2012 6:06 AM

Oct 2007
J.C Staff with Drama show? What else can I wish for?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 7, 2012 6:07 AM

Aug 2011
Meh, it's Little Busters! so I'm going to love it no matter what.
Apr 7, 2012 6:08 AM

Apr 2012
kyoani animator taichii ogawa in bbs today said "animation quality is not important, story is. but if the animation doesnt deliver the right atmosphere, the story is ruined and the anime is good as dead"

so how big is the influence of animation in a story? this might have said the answer
Apr 7, 2012 6:09 AM

Jan 2011
;_;

My tears as I heard of this disappointment.

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴
Apr 7, 2012 6:10 AM

May 2011
"J.C. Staff produces Little Busters."

"Your dog is dead but you can still keep it."

Fucking awesome.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Apr 7, 2012 6:12 AM

Jan 2008
KamijouShinto said:
kyoani animator taichii ogawa in bbs today said "animation quality is not important, story is. but if the animation doesnt deliver the right atmosphere, the story is ruined and the anime is good as dead"

He's absolutely right
Apr 7, 2012 6:15 AM

Apr 2010
-LovelyTsundere said:
Please, realize, that considering Kanon and Clannad are notable masterpieces, and everyone is expecting Little Busters! To meet these expectations (maybe not life changing like Clannad, but quality script work, characterization, and directing.)

It's more than animation. Even their fighting animated scenes aren't good. I remember clearly in SnS3 a scene of Shanas hair blowing was animated with TWO frames. Yeah, quality animation for 2012. So I can't even credit them as good animators.

SnS3 was just recently made, and the execution and plot were horrendous from a light novel
adaption. J.C. Staff cannot animate well or direct, and I've seen this first hand.

You gave Toradora a 9, the same as to Clannad, and better than Air (4), or Angel Beats (8).

hzrinv said:
haha dude... animate it? it really isn't that easy... since they need to make scripts and such plus the atmosphere

You gave Toradora a 9, Honey and Clover a 9, Clannad a 8, Angel Beats a 7 and Canaan an 8.

Karhu said:

Fucking awesome.

Toradora 6, Clannad 3, Kanon (2006) 5, Air 4, Angel Beats 4.

Strange, it almost looks like all these panic-mongers are generally more pleased with J.C. Staff doing slice of life drama, than KyoAni or P.A. Works. :P
Apr 7, 2012 6:17 AM

Apr 2012
Alterego-X said:
-LovelyTsundere said:

You gave Toradora a 9, the same as to Clannad, and better than Air (4), or Angel Beats (8).

hzrinv said:

You gave Toradora a 9, Honey and Clover a 9, Clannad a 8, Angel Beats a 7 and Canaan an 8.

Karhu said:

Fucking awesome.

Strange, it almost looks like all these panic-mongers are generally more pleased with J.C. Staff doing slice of life drama, than KyoAni or P.A. Works. :P

I give everything 10's Immahnoob ^^".

EDIT: Meh, I mean I never got truly disappointed, I was mostly disappointed that most of them finished. Single disappointment I had was Lotte no Omocha!, that just made me go away at the first episode o.o.
ImmahnoobApr 7, 2012 6:21 AM

Autocrat said:
Apr 7, 2012 6:21 AM

Sep 2011
before bashing, atleast wait till there are actually episodes released.
heck even normal PV of LB made by JC staff could tell enough about the animation (well how the chars will look)

for who knows, they could pull another Toradora.
Apr 7, 2012 6:22 AM

Jun 2011
Alterego-X said:
-LovelyTsundere said:

hzrinv said:

Karhu said:

Fucking awesome.

You do realize that Karhu has rated SnS 3,2,2,2.
-Lovely has rated ZnF a 5 and SnS the same ratings as KEY stuff some what.
Hzrinv rated Clannad:AS a 10, Kanon a 9, giving Raildex 7s. While dropping HnA.

Get your info straight before posting and not manipulating it to make you seem right.
Apr 7, 2012 6:23 AM

Jan 2011
Alterego-X said:

KyoAni's work is, on the average, much higher in terms of animation quality. Writing is one thing(it's all Key for AB!, Air, Kanon etc etc) but to me, LB could have been A LOT MORE if it was done by KyoAni.

There IS a stark contrast of Kanon 02 and 06, even if my ratings don't show it. The only thing I thought 02 did better was Nayuki which was ONLY ONE instance in the final episode. (it's spoilers, and honestly it's not enough, being only a detail) Kanon06's everything else smashes 02 flat.

「みんながいるからだ。」 - 棗鈴
Apr 7, 2012 6:25 AM

Jul 2008
mitch3315 said:
Meh, it's Little Busters! so I'm going to love it no matter what.

Lol that's sort of how I feel, still I am a little sad. Just a few weeks ago we didn't even really think we would have an anime at all. I still think its better than nothing. I would have to say I am looking forward to the translation of EX more than this now though lol.
Apr 7, 2012 6:25 AM

Jun 2011
Wow even my eyes just glazed over and stopped expecting when i saw JC staff was doing this

Dont get me wrong they have done some good stuff like Toradora, Honey and clover, Hayate and Ghost Hunt. But their adaptations normally suck especially their light novel ones and i think Visual novels are even harder to adapt than light novels.

The light novels for Shana, To aru majutsu no index, Hidan no Aria and Zero no Tsukaima are all by far better. I think the Toradora light novels would probably be better as well but for some reason i have never got around to reading, maybe i just want to keep my big love for the Toradora anime and not lessen it. Though i will probably end up reading it at some point soon.

Then there are some of their manga adaptations like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun which was rather weak but that is more down to them probably adapating before the manga had enough material. Easily one of their most well know crappy manga adaptations has to be Yumekui Merry i just look at and think how did it turn out like that? They really screwed that one up.

Recently as well though JC staff have been pretty bad, they are doing far to many shows and they are all pretty bad or average, they seem to be going for quantity over quality. I did like the last season of Shana but that was a long running series and the light novels are better anyway. Dont even start with the last season of Zero no Tsukaima that was just horse shit it actualy managed to be worse than the third season for me which is amazing in a way, they really did just take a big crap over the source material for that one.

Even their anime orignal stuff is bad recently, i honestly did not think much of Ano Natsu de Matteru. It really is nothing but a lesser version of onegai teacher.

I think JC staff could get better again if they cut back on the amount of shows they do per season or even per year. They just do far to much and seem to be just half assing it. They really really half assed Kill me Baby, it seemed like the minimum effort was put into it.
DragoonDeusApr 7, 2012 6:35 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 7, 2012 6:26 AM

Oct 2009
Alterego-X said:

hzrinv said:

e.e ? well duh I did say they did well with Honey and Clover o.o AND Toradora o.O... but that's about it I guess...
but really they covered Honey and Clover successfully because it was taken from a manga with a LINEAR plot. Toradora did too but can you see the staff of Toradora in the staff list? NO.
period.

It's not Kasai Kenichi is production. And I though Nagai Tatsuyuki was our only hope but NO. He's NOT the director
http://myanimelist.net/people/8539/Nagai_Tatsuyuki
:P
Apr 7, 2012 6:28 AM

May 2011
Alterego-X said:
Karhu said:

Fucking awesome.

Your shit is invalid. Clannad, Kanon, Air and Angel Beats are like that because of Maeda, not because of studios.
KarhuApr 7, 2012 6:31 AM
Apr 7, 2012 6:35 AM

Oct 2009
Homerun-Chan said:
Alterego-X said:
-LovelyTsundere said:

hzrinv said:

Karhu said:

Fucking awesome.

Get your info straight before posting and not manipulating it to make you seem right.

HAHA Thanks bro. You forgot to mention I dropped Yumekui Merry too :P HAHA
Apr 7, 2012 6:42 AM

Aug 2011
Karhu said:
Alterego-X said:
Karhu said:

Fucking awesome.

Your shit is invalid. Clannad, Kanon, Air and Angel Beats are like that because of Maeda, not because of studios.

If you don't like those shows because of Maeda than you aren't going to like Little Busters! since Meada wrote the main route, so you wouldn't like it regardless of studio yet you are going to bag out J.C. Staff anyway?
Apr 7, 2012 6:46 AM

Apr 2010
Homerun-Chan said:
Alterego-X said:

You do realize that SnS, Raildex, and ZnT, are not slice of life drama?

Karhu said:

And that's exactly my point. These ratings all seem to be more divided along the lines of genres, and original creators, raher than studios.

I'm not arguing that J.C. Staff is a great studio, just that when people hate it, they hate it for it's generic shonen-style fantasy fighter light novel adaptations, rather than for anything that they directly do, and when they adore KyoAni, a large part of that is coming from the PLOT of Clannad.

Also note, how almost everyone gives higher ratings to After Story than to the first season, (even though it was made by the same people, and from the second half of the same work), not for any great thing that the director did there and didn't do in the first season, but for the cathartic, unique plotline.
Apr 7, 2012 6:50 AM

Jan 2009
im not gonna bother watching this lol
Apr 7, 2012 6:55 AM

Oct 2009
Alterego-X said:
Homerun-Chan said:
Alterego-X said:

Karhu said:

And that's exactly my point. These ratings all seem to be more divided along the lines of genres, and original creators, raher than studios.

I'm not arguing that J.C. Staff is a great studio, just that when people hate it, they hate it for it's generic shonen-style fantasy fighter light novel adaptations, rather than for anything that they directly do, and when they adore KyoAni, a large part of that is coming from the PLOT of Clannad.

Also note, how almost everyone gives higher ratings to After Story than to the first season, (even though it was made by the same people, and from the second half of the same work), not for any great thing that the director did there and didn't do in the first season, but for the cathartic, unique plotline.

hmm well I think we WERE talking about JC Staff taking Little Busters a slice of life drama with a non-linear plot. You think KyoAni is overrated because it produced Clannad which had an original story? No. It's all about ADAPTATION. About how they can turn a NON-LINEAR plot into an understandable story that the people who played the game, accept it and people who've never heard of LB! understand it.

We're not talking about ratings here anyway o.O
I have an unstable opinion about JC Staff but really ... do you think clannad made it to what it is by just its plot? no. it was the careful choice of scenes... dialogues and "atmosphere" .. colors, etc. to fit in a non-more than 35 episode anime
HRinkaApr 7, 2012 6:59 AM
Apr 7, 2012 6:56 AM

May 2011
mitch3315 said:
Karhu said:
Alterego-X said:
Karhu said:

Fucking awesome.

If you don't like those shows because of Maeda than you aren't going to like Little Busters! since Meada wrote the main route, so you wouldn't like it regardless of studio yet you are going to bag out J.C. Staff anyway?
Ya, I know. My 'favorite' writer and 'favorite' studio all together. LB is must watch for me.

Alterego-X said:
Karhu said:

And that's exactly my point. These ratings all seem to be more divided along the lines of genres, and original creators, raher than studios..

Toradora is only anime from J.C Staff which I have given more than 3/10 so I'm not quite following your point. I gave Ano Natsu 2/10.

Alterego-X said:
Homerun-Chan said:
Alterego-X said:

Ano Natsu..
Apr 7, 2012 7:00 AM

Jan 2008
Apr 7, 2012 7:11 AM

Apr 2010
j0x said:
im not gonna bother watching this lol

For that alone, I'm glad that J.C.Staff is doing it, even if I will miss the fancy background scenery that others would have added.
Apr 7, 2012 7:12 AM
Mar 2010
Wow....I leave for two hours and this happens. Didn't expect J.C Staff to get so much hate.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 7, 2012 7:13 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Panaru said:
I could sense the rage in this thread before I ever saw the news post.

Also be glad it's not ZEXCS *rolleyes*

/sarcasm

People gonna like their raging and bashing before the series even started.

[troll]bunch of whiny kids[/troll]
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 7, 2012 7:14 AM

Jun 2009
Why of all studios it had to be J.C. Staff? T_T I was so hoping for White Fox... Now I'm quite worried. At least character design is done by Iizuka Haruko. Her designs look nice. I just hope that LB anime won't turn into something horrible. Please, J.C. Staff, don't disappoint us like you did before! T_T
Apr 7, 2012 7:18 AM

Aug 2011
PerlaNemesis said:
Please, J.C. Staff, don't disappoint us like you did before! T_T

You mean the same way they disappointed you with Ano Natsu de Matteru? It looks like they disappointed you so much you gave it a 10.
Apr 7, 2012 7:25 AM

Sep 2011
hzrinv said:
Homerun-Chan said:
Alterego-X said:
-LovelyTsundere said:

I never said everything J.C. Staff produced was utter bullshit. The fact that their most recent work (I'm now referring to Ano Natsu de Matteru, since I remembered J.C. also worked with that) in slice-of-life proved to be unenjoyable shit shows what might happen with LB.

Plus, I never said I enjoyed all KEY and KyoAni animes.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Apr 7, 2012 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
Damn. Well, I'll still watch, but the hype went waaaaaaay down....
Apr 7, 2012 7:33 AM

Sep 2010
dtshyk said:
Director: Yamakawa Yoshiki

(Directed: Kill Me Baby!)

*Cries on the inside*

Well at least it is not Toei cause they really fucked up Kanon and Clannad. I don't mind J.C. Staff since I was looking through the list of the stuff they did and most of the anime on the list I enjoyed except for Eiken. xP

Still wish that KyoAni or P.A Works picked up the series though.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 7, 2012 7:34 AM

Dec 2011
If I am right Maeda supervises script writing, and even writes scenario by himself...

I don't think he is going to let someone ruin adaptation. So studio will do animation and stuff while personel from key will do the story...
Apr 7, 2012 7:35 AM

Nov 2008
whyyyyyyyyy

It's over.

Little Busters confirmed for shit tier.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs

Nioxys - 57 minutes ago

0 by Nioxys »»
57 minutes ago

» 'Mecha-ude' Unveils Additional Cast

Nioxys - 2 hours ago

1 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» Animation Studio Gainax Declares Bankruptcy

Vindstot - 6 hours ago

16 by Farabeuf »»
2 hours ago

» Fourth Season of 'Osomatsu-san' Announced

Vindstot - Jun 6

16 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» 'Spy x Family' Gets Third Anime Season

Vindstot - Yesterday

33 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.