Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 1, 2:54 AM
May 2020
all the rehearsals gonna be out in display, lets hope that aqua can quell the trauma
Aug 1, 3:12 AM

Feb 2018
Minami sure has some imagination about Aqua and Akane lol, from her perspective, it surely isn't out of the realm of possibilities. And her comment made Ruby kinda go dark mode, she got that trauma too, not big surprise.

Pouty Akane is a real trend lol, with how much we've seen already. The moment where Arima was teasing Akane really gave hard Love is War vibes lmao, how nice. Everyone squaring up after that was a pretty cool moment too.

Next episode will surely be a big one, I bet it's gonna go crazy. Good luck to everyone as one would say lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Aug 1, 3:16 AM
Apr 2019
-- Once known as a prodigy, Kana adapts herself to her co-stars and performs flexibly, while -- Akane is a genius of the type who lets the role possess her. Also, Akane's nature is a lore-whore of master detective class.
-- Aqua's immediate "responsibility" to his girl Akane is to bring an obvious victory to her, who would be a foil to Kana on stage "Tokyo Blade."
-- The script demands Aqua performs with a fiery passion, which he considers himself poor at.
-- Aqua has PTSD. Only Akane and director Gotanda are knowing and trying to pump the role's spirit into Aqua's performance under this difficult circumstance.

What can we expect from these factors?

Aqua surely will use the "possession" method, like what Akane uses.

Aqua won't be able to overcome PTSD (he is brilliant but seems more unstable and fragile than Ruby.) A person who can strive to overcome his trauma would not want revenge from the first step, and the story of [Oshi-no Ko] ends there.

More likely, Aqua's strategy would be much more harsh. He would try to overdrive himself by the spark of his own flashbacks as a means to incorporate the intensity of the role's vibes.
Due to a panic attack on stage, Aqua would go into a frenzy. The only person who would be able to get hold and to cover Aqua losing self-control is Akane, who is touching with his physical body and also "possessed" by the role of dying princess. In the moments, the two who resonate with each other can synchronize, not as Aqua and Akane, but in their roles of Touki and Sayahime (And more, Akane would learn how to correspond with the unpredictable player, which is the technique already in Kana's hand.) Their improvisation would exceed even the collaborative script by GOA and Abiko.

After the play is over and the promised victory is offered, Akane would then overdrive herself into Aqua's darkest longings.
Akane might wish to be the "not quite right" mirror that reflects the inside of the "not quite right" Aqua. During the weeks of rehearsal, Aqua has been so absorbed in himself. Aqua does not yet know the depth of insight that Akane has attained...
Aug 1, 3:55 AM
Oct 2019
Ruby, what the fck was that about?

I can't with these two roasting each other LMFAO
What a fated rivalry indeed.

Aqua tapping in into his Mangekyo Sharingan.
I can't wait to see the Stage Play already, next week please come faster.
Aug 1, 4:11 AM
Jul 2023
I loved that Akane got more screen time cause she is my favourite character, And also the ep was breath taking
Aug 1, 4:12 AM

Nov 2020
ok, Akane is the best chick in this anime and Kana, the most annoying, but that's good, at least there are some emotions. In general Akane has always been a bit creepy but her reaction to Aqua wanting to kill someone was... weird xD Let's start the show, I hope we get some cool fight sequences since it's a shounen adaptation.
4/5
Aug 1, 4:26 AM

Oct 2016
After that yellow haired dickhead's provocations, I am now 100% on board the Melt redemption arc, he's genuinely trying his best now, show the people that you've improved, especially that fucker and in a more polite way, show Yoriko-sensei as well.

Damn, dark star Ruby, it's clear that she got ticked off not because she's a brocon(?), but because she knows Aqua wouldn't do what their biological dad did to Ai.

Man, I am so unspeakably hyped for this play, the build up at the end has me very excited. Aqua's gonna use his trauma to show them the actual expression of someone witnessing the death of their loved one. Break a leg ya'll.
Aug 1, 5:04 AM
Apr 2022
very fcc niceeeeeee
Aug 1, 5:05 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
here we go!! i didn’t think the play was going to start so soon. i wonder how many eps they’ll spend on it

i LOVE the dark moments in this show dude. they do it so well

that bit with Akane on the balcony gave me chills

the opening stays 10/10
season stays 9/10 for now. great stuff
Aug 1, 5:16 AM
May 2015
Next week CANNOT come fast enough
Aug 1, 5:25 AM

Jul 2017
Akane cooking meals for Aqua and Director Gotanda, and through his acting, she understands him a lot more, as do Gotanda in the fullest of his ways. But Aqua's volition to find Ai's killer, Akane would gladly help him without any reasoning because she just loves and cares for him quite a lot, other than not wanting to lose to both Kana and Himekawa. Taking the revised script into account, it's emotional acting that Aqua lacks, and Gotanda is ready to help him out in any way possible. But Ruby hearing of her brother's antics from her friend Minami, she knows that Aqua isn't all that by Kamoshida being a player, but that Melt is literally leaps down than him when it comes to raw talent.

That said, the rivlary between best girls Kana and Akane is quite the eye-opener, with the latter being inspired by the former to start theater, making a mocking out of Akane in a literate taunting contest of psychology and words. Jealousy isn't the only thing that both girls have for going against them, though they're like fire and ice even if they've acted together before. Even Himekawa is fired up because of Kana, and the sparring of the duos will culminate for the stage play to come, as the audience gets their front-row seats, anticipating nothing but the best.

Akane is not just being Aqua's girlfriend on business terms, but she just solidified her position as a legitimate one this episode.
That said, Tokyo Blade's Stage Play will be one scene of admonishment between everyone involved, as the curtain rises.
Aug 1, 5:29 AM

Jul 2016
Akane really grew on me this season, but saying that her loyalty is admirable is out of the question. That's obsession, not loyalty.

Aqua and Akane's relationship is extremely toxic as it stands, though the dynamics are very interesting. Hopefully both Aqua and Akane will grow to love themselves a little more over time so their relationship becomes healthier.
Aug 1, 5:46 AM
Nov 2019
semua persiapan sudah siap
eps besok waktunya tampil
My Candies :
Aug 1, 5:51 AM
Apr 2021
Good episode. I can see that they are adapting 4 chapters this episode rather than the usual 3 chapters/ep. It might be so that they can get the pacing right for future episodes. I also noticed that this episode was soo fast paced like many things are happening too fast (No complain, it just feels odd to me).

Overall first half of the episode was strange like in my opinion it was meh. Second half was cool. Also the animation in this episode was insane. Better than the manga in terms of art most definitely. Doga kobo is goated man. Hope this keeps up cuz there are 2 scenes I'm looking forward (if you know what I mean).
Aug 1, 6:00 AM

Jun 2016
fuck this !!

next episodes gonna be banger !!
Aug 1, 6:47 AM

Dec 2018
This episode is full of menacing aura... Ruby, Aqua, and Akane....
Akane is a great cook, that's what guy love about woman.. But for her to be so 'obsessed' toward Aqua... That would be a problem... She look like having a Yandere aura there.
Akane will help the killing... And I think Kana will lecture Aqua saying it's a crime...

Ruby remembering her mom/idol got pregnant by some unknown dude isn't she? That's why she is so angry... her menacing aura is scary since she's the most cheerful character in this anime.
I still hating Kana personality there.... Guess she only show that to Akane.. Since she is so protective toward Ruby when a playboy add Ruby media social account.

Aqua start turn dark at the end, Can't believe the stage play is going to air on the next episode... Can't wait to see the stage play *_*

Aug 1, 7:50 AM
Jun 2007
"Waifu" that can cook good food and help with your "killing" agenda.
Darn, Aqua turn to "darkness" eh?
Aug 1, 7:58 AM

May 2023
I just want to say that I watched season 2 just to see Kana in action and Dark Ruby in this season I am really waiting for more Dark Ruby in the future.

Akane as usual you should be able to guess that she will definitely do anything crazy for Aqua and that's for sure, but putting that aside I'm really sick of Akane pouting every time lol its so cringe im sorry.

Dark Ruby finally showed up but there's still more to come and I'm really waiting for that to happen.

Seeing Aqua keep remembering Ai all the time and that will make him be able to act emotional makes me really hype, and seeing him facing the mirror makes me flashback to Eren saying Tatakae lmao.

Kana vs Akane will be very interesting to see them perform in the stage play next week, it will definitely be epic.
Aug 1, 8:50 AM
Dec 2023
its so good man,i cant wait for the nexr episode
Aug 1, 8:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to aloradear
kana is extremely unlikable
@aloradear I agree. I don't understand her popularity but then again this is MAL were they have the weirdest tastes.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 1, 9:26 AM
Aug 2022
why can`t they just be friends :(
Aug 1, 11:05 AM
Jul 2024
I love the determination of Aqua trying his best.

And I also love the rivality of Akane and Kana, they look so cute when mad eachother.
Aug 1, 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
Very entertaining episode, Akane is crazier than I thought. So far I actually like season 2 more than season 1 somehow.
Aug 1, 1:03 PM
Mar 2017
Kana strikes back being the best girl.
Finally the arc that was the heaviest to read for me is entering it's final stage so I'm very intrigued in how are they gonna animate it.
Also first time seeing the dark star from Rubi in the anime so pretty hype for what is to come.
Drakel_3577Aug 1, 1:13 PM
Aug 1, 1:30 PM
Oct 2023
it is really good!!
Aug 1, 1:45 PM

Oct 2014
Aqua, Akane would’ve lept straight to Hell had not for your meddling.
Why do you even have to ask what she would think about having another trip or two?
She’d even dine with you.
EienGemAug 1, 1:49 PM
Aug 1, 2:09 PM

Mar 2010
Damn the nerves are real for the play, damn the cliff hanger is too much to handle.

Memcho <3

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 1, 2:27 PM

Oct 2016
Lots of cool stuff this episode. We got to see Ruby with the black star in her eye, which is something we haven’t seen before I believe. I wonder why that is. Does the thought of her brother being irresponsible really piss her off that much? This episode was mostly set up for the play, which I assume we will get to see next episode. I’m way too excited! (Also Akane is the true ride or die) (8.5/10)
Aug 1, 3:37 PM

Apr 2016
damn man im loving aqua's insight so much this season

Aug 1, 4:55 PM
Jan 2023
Anime acting battle incoming ๐Ÿ’ฅ
Aug 1, 7:00 PM
May 2023
peak hype!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 1, 7:23 PM

May 2022
Ruby with black star in her eye! So intense the scene when she thinks about the possibility of the same thing that happened with Ai happen to another person.

Akane is really trying to be a good girlfriend and is even considering helping Aqua in his revenge. I think she really believes that the siblings are Ai's children.

So... next episode we will see the presentation. Will Aqua overcome his emotions?
Aug 1, 9:23 PM
Apr 2022
NezuSwallowtail_ said:
I just want to say that I watched season 2 just to see Kana in action and Dark Ruby in this season I am really waiting for more Dark Ruby in the future.

Akane as usual you should be able to guess that she will definitely do anything crazy for Aqua and that's for sure, but putting that aside I'm really sick of Akane pouting every time lol its so cringe im sorry.

Dark Ruby finally showed up but there's still more to come and I'm really waiting for that to happen.

Seeing Aqua keep remembering Ai all the time and that will make him be able to act emotional makes me really hype, and seeing him facing the mirror makes me flashback to Eren saying Tatakae lmao.

Kana vs Akane will be very interesting to see them perform in the stage play next week, it will definitely be epic.

Eyyy Agreed my man. Ruby's dark side made her the best girl of the show (Kana being the all time winner).
Akane is just so cringe and tbh after reading the manga I feel like her voice doesn't match her character and they are trying to make her too cute in the anime. She is a lot better in manga but still I can't stand her pouting stuff.
Aug 2, 12:05 AM

Jul 2007
Reply to Perwell
Was all that emotional acting training skipped also in the source, or it's just an adaptation thing? It seems like something is missing there and just this training could be a nice way to see character building between Aqua and Akane and from the ending it seems like they're about to start the play. Seeing how the studio animated stuff so far, I'm a bit worried that it will end up being a literal slideshow or something of quality lower than I'd expect from a show this interesting.

By the way who the hell would chat this casually about murdering someone like Aqua did? And what was that reaction from Akane without any shock or at least a surprise about such an idea?

What are the chances of randomly spotting a very beautiful girl, so breathtaking that you actually point her out to your friends (male and female), and by sheer luck it happens to be a sister of their friend? I really like the plot but I'm worried that it will be driven by baffling strange coincidences like Akane figuring out that there must be a very peculiar connection between Ai and Aqua.

I'm wondering if the next episode will somewhat focus on the play or maybe Aqua will have a panic attack or even better, make use of this attack to somewhat improve his performance. I'm hoping to see some character development for Aqua since it seems like they've skipped a couple of weeks so something must have happened, or maybe the next episode will be a play mixed with those two weeks? I'll need to wait until the next week for my answers then it seems.
@Perwell I'm good with them skipping the training arc. This ain't a shonen.

I think it's pretty common to point someone out and it ends up they are related to someone since they all run in the same circles due to the arts school.
Aug 2, 12:38 AM
Nov 2018
I doubted Ari,a supremacy
Aug 2, 12:56 AM
Sep 2021
Best episode so far.
Aug 2, 4:26 AM

Aug 2021
Better episodes this season than the first one.
Aug 2, 6:49 AM
Feb 2021
I love the Kana Akane rivalry! The way they both admire and lowkey wanna kill eachother lol, that's the best!! And to be honest I have been a Kana girl since season 1 I just love her, but Akane is really a cutie too, I want both of them to have good things ๐Ÿ˜ but I know in this anime that probably won't happen lol. Akane and Aqua have become closer I laughed a little when she was like "I would help you kill them", haha she's halfway between "i can fix him" and "I can make him worse".

I feel really bad for the purple haired boy getting bullied right before their first show :( does that creepy playboy not realize that bullying your castmate might cause performance issues for the whole play?๐Ÿคจ what a dumbass. And I felt really bad for Ruby when her friend was implying to her that Aqua was sleeping with his teenage girlfriend. I guess I hadn't really considered that both Ruby and Aqua would have really strong feelings about teen sex/pregnancy, even though it's so obvious because of Ai.

Aqua's fighting his demons again ๐Ÿ‘€ at the end when he asserts that putting himself through this to "make up for his lack of talent" was his acting style I felt so bad :( It's so unhealthy but very interesting. And I found it extra interesting that he framed his past self as having separate volatile and uncontrollable feelings. Almost like the doctor inflicts them on Aqua. All that to say, I'm excited to see how the play unfolds!
FairytellyAug 2, 6:55 AM
Aug 2, 7:12 AM
Jun 2023
At this point the best episode
Aug 2, 8:12 AM

Feb 2011
that is the strongest cliffhanger I've seen in a VERY long time. holy SHIT I am hyped for the next episode

10/10

Aug 2, 9:30 AM

Jan 2024
Damn, fantastic episode. Wasnt expecting a lot after the first 2-3 episodes of season 2 but seems like this is going to be the best anime of this season for me.
Aug 2, 1:11 PM

Sep 2014
Holy shit was this real Ruby screentime?!

Im fired up for the stage play for sure now. I think it would be especially taxing on Aqua since he has to act this over and over again, instead of just "once" for the camera. Definitely looking forward to see it.

Oh and yeah I had not decided on a "team" before but damn Akane it is. Perks of having detective Akane help you with a murder, she probably knows how to hide it as well!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 2, 3:19 PM
Jan 2016
Reply to spartan112g
@Perwell I'm good with them skipping the training arc. This ain't a shonen.

I think it's pretty common to point someone out and it ends up they are related to someone since they all run in the same circles due to the arts school.
@spartan112g If this was shounen then we'd see Aqua meditating under a waterfall \s. In this case I was expecting more insight how he was treated for trauma, to see some development between Akane and Aqua so I don't think this would be something purely shounen. Also now when you mentioned that, did this emotional acting training get its own arc and was it skipped?

I'm not sure whether pointing anyone out, outside of the group of friends you're currently in is something people do, though this could be cultural thing and the fact I consider it strange is just my own belief. Also I could be oversensitive to 'interesting' coincidences since many plot points have been riddled with them so far. This would make a good explanation for this but still, I think those coincidences are a bit too much to me to digest.
Aug 2, 5:37 PM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
Oh dear Kana was so ruthless

I forgot how foul mouthed she could be :D

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Aug 2, 8:22 PM
Sep 2021
"Oshi no Ko" continues to captivate audiences with its fifth episode of the second season, delivering a perfect mix of emotional depth and gripping narrative. This episode stands out as a testament to the series' ability to intertwine complex characters and multifaceted storylines seamlessly.

From the outset, Episode 5 dives deeper into the protagonist's emotional landscape, revealing layers of vulnerability and strength that make them incredibly relatable. The nuanced portrayal of their inner struggles adds a profound dimension to the storyline, making it impossible not to empathize with their journey.

The episode's pacing is impeccable, balancing intense dramatic moments with subtle, heartwarming scenes. The interactions between characters are particularly noteworthy, showcasing the writers' talent in crafting dialogues that feel both natural and impactful. Each conversation serves to propel the plot forward while enriching the viewer's understanding of the characters' motivations and relationships.

Visually, "Oshi no Ko" continues to impress. The animation quality remains top-notch, with stunning attention to detail in both the characters and the backgrounds. The color palette and lighting choices perfectly complement the episode's mood, enhancing the emotional resonance of key scenes.

One of the standout aspects of Episode 5 is its ability to surprise the audience with unexpected twists. Just when you think you have a handle on where the story is headed, it takes a turn that leaves you on the edge of your seat, eagerly anticipating what comes next. This unpredictability is a hallmark of the series, keeping viewers constantly engaged and invested in the narrative.

The soundtrack deserves special mention as well. The music in this episode is expertly woven into the fabric of the story, heightening the emotional impact of pivotal moments. Whether it's a tender piano piece underscoring a heartfelt confession or a dramatic orchestral score during a tense confrontation, the soundtrack elevates the viewing experience to new heights.

In summary, "Oshi no Ko" Season 2, Episode 5 is a masterful blend of emotion and intrigue. It showcases the series' strengths in character development, storytelling, and visual artistry, leaving viewers eagerly awaiting the next installment. This episode is a shining example of why "Oshi no Ko" continues to be a standout in the anime world, capturing the hearts and minds of its audience with every episode.

Aug 2, 8:23 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Kitsune_089
bro everything about this show is just a masterpiece
except the ed2 i guess

also akane on top
@Kitsune_089 ed2 is a pure masterpiece bro wtf
Aug 2, 10:46 PM

Jul 2017
alexnorette said:
@Kitsune_089 ed2 is a pure masterpiece bro wtf

what? its better then your average ed sure, but its nowhere near good as ed1
atleast the song, i agree that ed2 looks nice
Aug 3, 3:48 AM

May 2021
I remember liking Akane a lot because of this scene but then I just had to grow up. Also, that scene is absolutely a classic meme panel in the making.

Aug 3, 9:01 AM
Dec 2019
Yay, the actual show is happening again.
Aug 3, 9:15 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to raycrack4
@ZoneAnimTime claro que sí, de ahora en adelante solo existen 2 opiniones, las que están totalmente equivocadas y las mías
@raycrack4 tes fregando usted persona desconocida, despues de todo está bueno el cap ๐Ÿ˜ก
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Jul 17

154 by CarresingHook4 »»
Yesterday, 7:10 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ricky16 - Jul 24

216 by ToTheGyz »»
Yesterday, 3:57 PM

» ep5 just solidified akane as best girl

Kitsune_089 - Jul 31

39 by RyogiSHIKI7 »»
Yesterday, 1:43 PM

» Akane and Kana (rivalry) ( 1 2 3 )

benedito2937425 - Jul 31

117 by RyogiSHIKI7 »»
Yesterday, 1:42 PM

» Abiko Samejima Voiced by Sakura Ayane.

Rohan_King - Jul 29

12 by unlocked1 »»
Aug 3, 9:38 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.