Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 17, 1:33 PM

May 2021
Reply to elgatosaika
theres really no reason for an incest taboo tbh
@elgatosaika Ehh... there is if they procreate...
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Jun 17, 1:39 PM

Aug 2021
DigiCat said:

so what that'd be eugenics don't u think
think Abt it weve advanced past making it illegal for disabled ppl to breed or exist right

and I wasn't even thinking about breeding just some incestuous sister action
Jun 17, 1:53 PM

May 2021
Reply to elgatosaika
DigiCat said:

so what that'd be eugenics don't u think
think Abt it weve advanced past making it illegal for disabled ppl to breed or exist right

and I wasn't even thinking about breeding just some incestuous sister action
@elgatosaika Yes... eugenics in inheriting genetic mutations

History speaks for itself, just pick a noble family at random and you have a high chance of seeing what the results of inbreeding are
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Jun 17, 2:04 PM

Feb 2024
DigiCat said:
History speaks for itself, just pick a noble family at random and you have a high chance of seeing what the results of inbreeding are

Modern birth control solves that lol. They even offer pills to underaged girls here for free without a parental notice (don't ask how I know). Furthermore, it sounds more safe and healthy cuz kids don't fuck random strangers at drunk parties.
I'm not advocating, just some theoretical thoughts...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jun 17, 2:10 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Nette
@Zarutaku No but I could go on long tirades on how I wish I could just be a normal straight cis male than whatever the fuck I am now. This life had been pretty depressing ngl.

@traed Shush let me have my valid reason to self loathe.

@JaniSIr It's the simple truth in how I feel alot of the time. Every time I've had sex with a woman I've hated it almost entirely over the parts at play. Therefore I will not reproduce and thus loathe myself for not hitting the absolute minimum it takes to have a fulfilling life.
@Nette That sort of sad, and absolutely terrifying.
Jun 17, 2:13 PM

May 2013
Reply to JaniSIr
@Nette That sort of sad, and absolutely terrifying.
@JaniSIr

How is it terrifying? It's biological imperative. Is it depressing? I mean yeah and in a perfect world I wouldnt be "gay" in quotes. A byproduct of the failings of society at large yeah but also I should have the courage to disregard stuff that is "my problems" for the greater good as well.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jun 17, 2:14 PM

May 2021
Reply to LoveYourSmile
DigiCat said:

Modern birth control solves that lol. They even offer pills to underaged girls here for free without a parental notice (don't ask how I know). Furthermore, it sounds more safe and healthy cuz kids don't fuck random strangers at drunk parties.
I'm not advocating, just some theoretical thoughts...
@LoveYourSmile I guess, thoretically, with birth control, physically, that could be the case, but that would be null and void since you can substitute a related person with a non related person you know well

Mentally it's definitely NOT healthier
Jun 17, 2:21 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to DigiCat

DigiCat said:
These nobles only ended up that way because they forced to keep it in the family over many generations.
Removing incest taboo doesn't force anyone into incest relationship, it just removes fear of social ostracism.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 17, 2:45 PM

Aug 2022
Reply to elgatosaika
theres really no reason for an incest taboo tbh
@elgatosaika Even PragerU agrees with you

https://x.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1580224724122370048
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
Jun 17, 2:48 PM

Aug 2021

don't get me wrong prageru's incest is a father abusing his underage daughter and my incest is like adult sexy safe consensual and gay

we are not the same
Jun 17, 3:00 PM

May 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
DigiCat said:
These nobles only ended up that way because they forced to keep it in the family over many generations.
Removing incest taboo doesn't force anyone into incest relationship, it just removes fear of social ostracism.
@Zarutaku Not to say it'd suddenly become the norm, but is it really bad to fear something that would likely be harmful to future offspring?

Sure it takes generations to get as bad as what history has shown, but scientifically offspring are stronger when there's genetic diversity, we don't only observe this in humans, but also other animals, just compare a puppy or kitten from a breeding farm to a mutt, generally the mutts are healthier
Jun 17, 3:14 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to DigiCat
@Zarutaku Not to say it'd suddenly become the norm, but is it really bad to fear something that would likely be harmful to future offspring?

Sure it takes generations to get as bad as what history has shown, but scientifically offspring are stronger when there's genetic diversity, we don't only observe this in humans, but also other animals, just compare a puppy or kitten from a breeding farm to a mutt, generally the mutts are healthier
@DigiCat I don't deny that genetic diversity is more beneficial overall and that incest offspring has an increased risk of genetic defects (whatever the percentage), but if that was an argument then the procreation taboo would also have to apply to everyone with a genetic disorder because they get passed on 50% of the time (or 100% if both parents have the disorder). Should all these people really be prohibited from reproducing? If yes, then who has the authority to define what counts as "genetic disorder" because it could theoretically be any detrimental genetic trait.
ZarutakuJun 17, 3:25 PM
Jun 17, 3:19 PM

Feb 2024
Reply to DigiCat

DigiCat said:
just compare a puppy or kitten from a breeding farm to a mutt

Your forum signature is all true.
Jun 17, 3:52 PM

May 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
@DigiCat I don't deny that genetic diversity is more beneficial overall and that incest offspring has an increased risk of genetic defects (whatever the percentage), but if that was an argument then the procreation taboo would also have to apply to everyone with a genetic disorder because they get passed on 50% of the time (or 100% if both parents have the disorder). Should all these people really be prohibited from reproducing? If yes, then who has the authority to define what counts as "genetic disorder" because it could theoretically be any detrimental genetic trait.
@Zarutaku I'd say it's a bit more complicated than that

For one, not all genetic disoders work with the 50% mom 50% dad, there's millions of combinations in the genetic code that determind how one will turn out

For 2, say 2 people with the same genetic disorder fall in love and want to have a family, if they're responsible they'll take into account based on their own experience with it what they'll pass on to their kids, now the question is should they give up on having a family because of the health risk they'd impose on their kids? The answer is no, but by no i don't mean they should have kids, but there a millions of kids in need of a loving home

I don't think it's a question of banning people from procreating, but it's a question of morality, are you going to make the kid suffer? And i'd think most people are sane enough that if the answer to that is yes they'd find an alternative

I also don't think the question "what counts as a genetic disoder?" is the right one to ask, but rather "is the genetic disoder detrimental to one's health?"
Jun 17, 3:56 PM

May 2021
Reply to LoveYourSmile
DigiCat said:
just compare a puppy or kitten from a breeding farm to a mutt

Your forum signature is all true.
@LoveYourSmile LMAO @APolygons2 i found your twin!
Jun 17, 4:06 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to DigiCat
@Zarutaku I'd say it's a bit more complicated than that

For one, not all genetic disoders work with the 50% mom 50% dad, there's millions of combinations in the genetic code that determind how one will turn out

For 2, say 2 people with the same genetic disorder fall in love and want to have a family, if they're responsible they'll take into account based on their own experience with it what they'll pass on to their kids, now the question is should they give up on having a family because of the health risk they'd impose on their kids? The answer is no, but by no i don't mean they should have kids, but there a millions of kids in need of a loving home

I don't think it's a question of banning people from procreating, but it's a question of morality, are you going to make the kid suffer? And i'd think most people are sane enough that if the answer to that is yes they'd find an alternative

I also don't think the question "what counts as a genetic disoder?" is the right one to ask, but rather "is the genetic disoder detrimental to one's health?"
DigiCat said:
it's a question of morality, are you going to make the kid suffer?
Depends on how high the risk really is.

DigiCat said:
is the genetic disoder detrimental to one's health?
Well, afaik a disorder is detrimental by definition, why else would it be called disorder?
Jun 17, 4:18 PM

May 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
DigiCat said:
it's a question of morality, are you going to make the kid suffer?
Depends on how high the risk really is.

DigiCat said:
is the genetic disoder detrimental to one's health?
Well, afaik a disorder is detrimental by definition, why else would it be called disorder?
@Zarutaku I don't have much knowledge on exactly how different genetic disoders work

But to use anothe type of disoder as an example, take mental disoders, so chemical imbalances in the brain

ADHD vs Schizophrenia, which is more likely to be detrimental to one's daily life?
Jun 17, 4:24 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to DigiCat
@Zarutaku I don't have much knowledge on exactly how different genetic disoders work

But to use anothe type of disoder as an example, take mental disoders, so chemical imbalances in the brain

ADHD vs Schizophrenia, which is more likely to be detrimental to one's daily life?
DigiCat said:

Don't know, but I guess it depends on the individual and how well they can handle the symptoms.
Jun 17, 4:27 PM

May 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
DigiCat said:

Don't know, but I guess it depends on the individual and how well they can handle the symptoms.
@Zarutaku I mean yeah, it's way more complicated than genetic disoders and there a varying levels of each mental disoder

But realistically, between ADHD and Schizophrenia, which symptoms are more likely to be manageble without outside help? Not to say they're always manageble, but more likely than the other
Jun 17, 4:51 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Nette
@JaniSIr

How is it terrifying? It's biological imperative. Is it depressing? I mean yeah and in a perfect world I wouldnt be "gay" in quotes. A byproduct of the failings of society at large yeah but also I should have the courage to disregard stuff that is "my problems" for the greater good as well.
@Nette I can't rationally explain it, but the way you described that situation is sort of a body horror.

At least it didn't start spiralling.
Jun 17, 5:16 PM

May 2013
Reply to JaniSIr
@Nette I can't rationally explain it, but the way you described that situation is sort of a body horror.

At least it didn't start spiralling.
@JaniSIr

I mean being trans is a form of body horror by nature, the degree is based on how far you take it.

What I was talking about is more existential horror.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jun 17, 5:49 PM

May 2018
Reply to Zarutaku
@NoelleIsSleepy Ever thought about the possibility that some of the good people you mentioned are secretly the negative crazy ones? Just a hunch.
idk I guess my hunch says different :)
can't yuck my yum

Jun 17, 6:09 PM

Nov 2023
my hot take is that id rather be a toxic male than a gay furry

00cactus
Jun 17, 6:33 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to DigiCat

@DigiCat
In terms of genetics inbreeding is no different than how any genetics are passed on. Inbreeding blindly knowing nothing of genetics you have a higher chance of passing on genetic illness, but at the same time it has to be there to begin with and the opposite is true that particularly beneficial genes also have a higher chance of being passed on. And this is only compared to going at it random. These days anyone can order a genetic screening to see if they are carriers to any genetic illnesses and can test a fetus to see if it would be better to abort. If they were to actually plan to inbreed such people would be more likely to actually check this for their own genes than presumably unrelated people and if it weren't for social stigma they also would more likely test a fetus. The reasons royal families have issues is because they didnt know about genetics and inbred generation after generation after generation.
Jun 18, 12:59 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to DigiCat
@Zarutaku I mean yeah, it's way more complicated than genetic disoders and there a varying levels of each mental disoder

But realistically, between ADHD and Schizophrenia, which symptoms are more likely to be manageble without outside help? Not to say they're always manageble, but more likely than the other
@DigiCat I guess ADHD is more manageable overall, but then there's @deg who has schizophrenia and he seems like a self-composed fella compared to some ADHD kids I heard of.
Jun 18, 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Zarutaku
@DigiCat I guess ADHD is more manageable overall, but then there's @deg who has schizophrenia and he seems like a self-composed fella compared to some ADHD kids I heard of.
@Zarutaku here in the forums at least but deep inside im boiling with anxiety everyday thats why im here more on the internet than in real life society
Jun 18, 1:53 AM

May 2021
Reply to traed
@DigiCat
In terms of genetics inbreeding is no different than how any genetics are passed on. Inbreeding blindly knowing nothing of genetics you have a higher chance of passing on genetic illness, but at the same time it has to be there to begin with and the opposite is true that particularly beneficial genes also have a higher chance of being passed on. And this is only compared to going at it random. These days anyone can order a genetic screening to see if they are carriers to any genetic illnesses and can test a fetus to see if it would be better to abort. If they were to actually plan to inbreed such people would be more likely to actually check this for their own genes than presumably unrelated people and if it weren't for social stigma they also would more likely test a fetus. The reasons royal families have issues is because they didnt know about genetics and inbred generation after generation after generation.
@traed Not quite how it works

1) Yes genetics are passed on, but genetic mutations aren't, it's literally in the word, the healthy gene mutates, changes, and this has a higher probability to happen with inbreeding than not

2) There are also non genetic factors to take into consideration, such as the immune system, which inbreeding weakens

3) Even if you got a genetic screening and have the top genes to pass on, it'll always be healthier to pass on those genes with someone who's not related who also has those favorable genes than with someone who is related
Jun 18, 1:59 AM

May 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
@Zarutaku I think you haven't spent enough time with @deg on MAL

But also yes, he for once has some words of wisdom vv

deg said:
deep inside im boiling with anxiety everyday

This is apparent even in quite a few of your forum post, i know we don't get along for shits, but i can understand why you react the way you do to some things
Jun 18, 8:44 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to removed-user
Another hot take; Not everyone is meant to be a parent and it is perfectly fine to choose not to reproduce. Especially when your reason for wanting that is "to lead a fulfilling life" whatever that means.

Children are a lot of responsibility and not for everyone.

I would also add, adoption is a better option.
@Zowabo Eh. People should only adopt if they're willing and able to deal with some serious potential mental health issues in the child. Doesn't happen across the board, but there's research and evidence that adopted kids deal with mental health shit at a higher than average rate in comparison to non-adopted children.
Jun 18, 9:07 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to pludel2
@Zowabo Eh. People should only adopt if they're willing and able to deal with some serious potential mental health issues in the child. Doesn't happen across the board, but there's research and evidence that adopted kids deal with mental health shit at a higher than average rate in comparison to non-adopted children.
pludel2 said:
adopted kids deal with mental health shit at a higher than average rate in comparison to non-adopted children

No surprise: Dante's hell is a walk in a park compared to what those kids pass through at their age. I've seen a lot of this shit.
It doesn't mean they don't deserve better future. Parents of adopted kids sometimes feel like they are sitting on a ticking bomb, but with a decent effort it pays off, rest assured.
LoveYourSmileJun 18, 9:36 AM
Jun 18, 10:02 AM
Jan 2016
It kind of bothers me how much certainty and callousness is being put on display here. It draws parallels. Also, OP rage baited.
Jun 18, 10:47 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to removed-user
I find nationalism meaningless. You can't control where you are born.
@Zowabo The thing is without nationalism, people will just center their identity in a tribal way around something else, whether it's sexuality or fashion or some celebrity or some stupid lifestyle subculture (see: incels). Using atomized, sterile individualism as a framework for how people navigate the world and relate with each other completely ignores nature and reality. People are collectivistic.
A nation (which has history and shared values--or at least they used to) has much deeper meaning than the substitutes people are drawn to in the absence of nationalism.

Also your take isn't a hot take at all, nationalism is hugely unpopular among the preening managerial class.
Jun 18, 12:49 PM

Sep 2016
YAHOOGAYCHATROOM said:
People are collectivistic.

beep beep beep... hot take detected!
Jun 18, 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
Eat some chicken nuggets from KFC for your enjoyment.
Jun 18, 2:41 PM

Feb 2024
YAHOOGAYCHATROOM said:
People are collectivistic.

Immature ones - yes. Flags, hymns, religion, esprit de corps - all that shit to feel like you are the part of something great and important. And by a strange coincidence, at the head of this mob there are always some disgusting individualists... How come?

All interesting people I met were so individualistic that it even felt uncomfortable to an extent. But I only remember them, and not those with flags and hymns, cuz their flags change too often to bother remembering.
Jun 18, 3:27 PM
Jan 2019
That it's okay to give up. To not feel guilty saying "I can't do this." You can destroy yourself by trying something so hard and falling apart after failing. Not everyone can do everything. Not everyone can learn and have As. Run a marathon. Play an instrument. Drive a car. Anything. Fuck that "you can do it if you try hard enough" bs
Jun 19, 1:53 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Nutella71
That it's okay to give up. To not feel guilty saying "I can't do this." You can destroy yourself by trying something so hard and falling apart after failing. Not everyone can do everything. Not everyone can learn and have As. Run a marathon. Play an instrument. Drive a car. Anything. Fuck that "you can do it if you try hard enough" bs
@Nutella71 Sober and red-pilled take.
Jun 19, 5:26 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Nutella71
Nutella71 said:
Fuck that "you can do it if you try hard enough" bs

Not in one go maybe, but if you decompose complex tasks into smaller ones, they are more than doable. It's a matter of dedication.

But I agree it's totally legit to give up on things you don't have passion for. I completely gave up math which I loved half of my life when I faced my ceiling, and never regretted that, for instance.
Jun 19, 8:44 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to LoveYourSmile
pludel2 said:
adopted kids deal with mental health shit at a higher than average rate in comparison to non-adopted children

No surprise: Dante's hell is a walk in a park compared to what those kids pass through at their age. I've seen a lot of this shit.
It doesn't mean they don't deserve better future. Parents of adopted kids sometimes feel like they are sitting on a ticking bomb, but with a decent effort it pays off, rest assured.
@LoveYourSmile Everyone deserves a better future. I get what you're saying, and I won't discount good can come of it. But it's also not the wonderful panacea to the circumstances people used to think it was. Not even just with kids adopted from foster care, or older kids. Even if someone was adopted at birth, can cause some serious issues. Moreso with some than others, sure. I can't speak specifically to others without making a lot of assumptions, but it certainly contributed to me being fucked in the head, lol.
Jun 19, 9:08 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to pludel2
@LoveYourSmile Everyone deserves a better future. I get what you're saying, and I won't discount good can come of it. But it's also not the wonderful panacea to the circumstances people used to think it was. Not even just with kids adopted from foster care, or older kids. Even if someone was adopted at birth, can cause some serious issues. Moreso with some than others, sure. I can't speak specifically to others without making a lot of assumptions, but it certainly contributed to me being fucked in the head, lol.
pludel2 said:
But it's also not the wonderful panacea to the circumstances people used to think it was.

Nothing is panacea, there is no magic pill for life, or give me two please.

I wouldn't let people adopt a child if I felt they were trying to solve own issues this way. You first solve your personal issues, and only then you make a family, that's the rule of thumb. Otherwise it just results in some shitshow, regardless of children.

I could share some experience regarding adopted children, but this forum is full of sick stalkers so I better remain silent. I can only say that it more relies on the family than on a child, and the outlook doesn't feel that grim, even for the kids coming from the shitholes like drug dens. You can't expect something awesome maybe, but you shouldn't expect the worst either. It's a matter of how much efforts you put into it. Most people considered "adults" can't even clean the toilet after themselves properly - what's the "parenting" we are talking about here at all?
Jun 19, 2:21 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Government is nothing more than an organized crime syndicate.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jun 19, 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
Dont go on the dark webs. Simple as that.
Jun 19, 5:30 PM

Jul 2022
Don't date modern women, they're picky as heck

Jun 19, 7:40 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Reply to Kiryotsu
Don't date modern women, they're picky as heck
@Kiryotsu

Unless you got a time machine, I don't think you have much of a choice.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jun 19, 8:26 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to DigiCat
@traed Not quite how it works

1) Yes genetics are passed on, but genetic mutations aren't, it's literally in the word, the healthy gene mutates, changes, and this has a higher probability to happen with inbreeding than not

2) There are also non genetic factors to take into consideration, such as the immune system, which inbreeding weakens

3) Even if you got a genetic screening and have the top genes to pass on, it'll always be healthier to pass on those genes with someone who's not related who also has those favorable genes than with someone who is related
@DigiCat
Genetic mutations can happen whenever cell division occurs which is all the time in everyone. Also a genetic mutation isnt inherently good or bad to begin with, youre made entirely of genetic mutations that occurred and became inherited over time. The topic isnt well studied in humans so it really is up in the air the actual effects and whether it even has anything to do with inbreeding or purely the genes themselves that would also occur if unrelated or something else like whether the baby is breast fed or not and environmental factors such as socioeconomic class. I just know the general public greatly exaggerates these effects only looking at blind multi generational inbreeding which certainly would never be the norm for common people. These studies also tend to ignore the different conditions of inbreeding ignoring whether it was something consensual or not so it may be just how the youth are raised as a reaction to bad circumstances of the pregnancy causing negative effects on them rather than them being inbred being the cause. Since environmental factors do have a big influence on how someone turns out.
traedJun 19, 8:32 PM
Jun 20, 12:11 AM

May 2019
Psychological egoism is a vacuous philosophy. People do not use the term "self interest" in the way the philosophy describes.

International law, the United Nations, the World Trade Organization, the IMF, and many other international institutions are great. They allow nations to coordinate on common problems and set international norms, among other things.

Advertising is great. It allows me to free ride and get cheaper goods.

Copyright is great. Artists should be able to own works they create without someone else selling it off on the cheap without having made any creative effort. That said, the US has Copyright durations that are too long. Patents should also not always be 20 years. $1 billion dollars spent on R&D developing a new pharmaceutical is one thing, and patent law probably helps encourage innovation there. Amazon's 1-Click shopping also getting a 20 year patent is another thing that if anything stifles innovation.

There are many things wrong with countries not taking in immigrants.

Incest should be socially and legally discouraged owing to the dysgenic effects if incest was normalized in society. Given that anyone with perfectly fine genes and a close relative with the right genitalia are able to procreate, preventing the behavior of them procreating is of greater pressing concern than preventing someone with a genetic disability from procreating.
Jun 20, 12:50 AM

Feb 2024
Freshell said:
There are many things wrong with countries not taking in immigrants.

Could you elaborate this please? I don't think there are countries that absolutely banned the immigration, so it's more a matter of how strict or loose their immigration policies are.

What set of immigration policies do you find optimal and why?
Jun 20, 1:15 AM

Sep 2016
Freshell said:
People do not use the term "self interest" in the way the philosophy describes.
Just out of curiousity about that topic: Who has the authority to define how "the philosophy" describes it and why should everyone accept that definition?

Freshell said:
Incest should be socially and legally discouraged
Discouraged? Maybe
Demonized/ostracized/criminalized? No
Jun 20, 1:20 AM

May 2019
LoveYourSmile said:
What set of immigration policies do you find optimal and why?

If I were policy making czar, it would be to give out many temporary work visas of all skill levels, the work visas being enforced so people don't overstay, all while providing some opportunity for aspiring citizens to prove that they can pay taxes into the system, not do violent crime, generally share our values, etc. All the while I would increase the foreign born population in the country. Anyone who commits a serious crime gets deported.

Some reasons to support this policy set on a selfish level. People in less productive nations would immediately improve their economic output just from moving from low productivity countries to high productivity countries. If someone goes from being a farm worker in India say to a farm worker in the United States, their output of grain multiplies, and the globe benefits because someone will purchase their greater output. Similar benefits accrue for services they can provide.

On a more altruistic level, we have given someone the opportunity to earn much more than they could otherwise and the chance to learn some skills along the way.
Jun 20, 1:25 AM

May 2019
Zarutaku said:
Just out of curiousity about that topic: Who has the authority to define how "the philosophy" describes it and why should everyone accept that definition?

People who call themselves psychological egoists get to define what it means, and they're more or less consistent on what they mean by it. Psychological egoists hold that people are always and without exception motivated by self interest. This leads to them having to explain acts most people would not consider self interested to be so.

Say for instance someone sees a child drowning. They rush to help the child. Contrast this with someone who sees the child and strolls on by. The psychological egoists holds that both people are acting equally self interested, and here they'd paint some story about the person who rushed to help the child wanting to avoid guilt or perhaps deriving pleasure from helping. These would not be emotions that are not experienced by such a person, but it misses the point of what people who aren't psychological egoists mean by someone being self interested.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is MAL dead? ( 1 2 3 )

-Mayhem- - Nov 30, 2022

133 by DesuMaiden »»
17 minutes ago

» Why is fiction so much more appealing than reality?

ZakuF_ - 3 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
45 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 3 )

KiraraFan - May 7

103 by GinIonSui »»
2 hours ago

» UEFA Euro 2024 - General Discussion

dazedcowcow62 - Jun 18

29 by juanlqr »»
2 hours ago

» Wrong to marry/have kids with second cousin?

ZakuF_ - 11 hours ago

19 by Soverign »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.