Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 29, 2023 11:27 AM

May 2009
Oct 29, 2023 11:41 AM
Jan 2023
A good episode, but those servants are so damn annoying. Good on Maomao for slapping some sense into them though, that was hilarious.

I can't wait to see what this whole curse thing is about, that could be interesting.
Oct 29, 2023 11:58 AM
Hishow-senpai

Jul 2022
It was a wonderful episode
Momo, when I continue to watching, I become more and more attached to this character

Oct 29, 2023 12:11 PM
May 2022
Maomao got a little carried away with that helper, but damn that slap felt satisfying. I can see them not wanting Maomao around because she´s the other concubine´s servant, but she´s there at the emperor´s request, not because she wants to.

I wonder what advice she gave to Lady Lihua at the end. I know it has to do with her boobs, but specifically, does anyone know what it is?
Oct 29, 2023 12:36 PM

Mar 2020
I have watched maomao bounce outside Lihuas room so many times on repeat.
It never gets old 😭
Oct 29, 2023 1:45 PM
Aug 2019
An episode so good even words fall short
Oct 29, 2023 3:02 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Dan_ALves
Maomao got a little carried away with that helper, but damn that slap felt satisfying. I can see them not wanting Maomao around because she´s the other concubine´s servant, but she´s there at the emperor´s request, not because she wants to.

I wonder what advice she gave to Lady Lihua at the end. I know it has to do with her boobs, but specifically, does anyone know what it is?
@Dan_ALves m4sturb4t!on with b00bs
Oct 29, 2023 3:25 PM
Jun 2021
I gotta LOVE how maomao really loves her work and the amount of dedication and effort she puts this is the best episode so far
people are so harsh on the servant imo i caan forgive her she truly cares for riva and loves to serve her what happend was an accident while i do understand being it a fatal one
Oct 29, 2023 5:03 PM
Jul 2020
Reply to lanngabriel
OML what happened to the character detailing on this episode 😭😭

it looks pretty bad comparing to the first 3 episodes. i hope it gets better and consistent on the next episodes :((
@lanngabriel yeah at first i thought it might have been one animator style but i didn't expect it to last all the ep. Also hope it will go back to traditional animation from now on.
Oct 29, 2023 5:04 PM
May 2022
Reply to armob
@Dan_ALves m4sturb4t!on with b00bs
@armob Really? I was just thinking that Maomao told her to use something more revealing, I didn´t think she´d go that far :-D
Oct 29, 2023 5:12 PM
Mar 2021
Maomao getting angry was THE BEST SCENE in this ep I loved her character switch was so satisfying to watch.
Oct 29, 2023 5:36 PM
作画

Nov 2019
Reply to lanngabriel

it looks pretty bad comparing to the first 3 episodes. i hope it gets better and consistent on the next episodes :((
@lanngabriel people like you should stay away from anime

that said, absolutely amazing episode
Oct 29, 2023 6:08 PM
Mar 2019
Love that slap!!
Maomao's knowledge is fantastic.
Oct 29, 2023 7:12 PM
Jun 2013
MAL users showing their ignorance towards animation is something that never disappoints xD
Oct 29, 2023 8:22 PM
Aug 2023
lanngabriel said:

i noticed that as well but i find this episode so well directed from the shots and pacing as well as how they executed action scenes, prefer this much better than the first 3 episodes, a seamless experience
Oct 29, 2023 8:23 PM
Nov 2021
The love that slap. So good.
Oct 29, 2023 9:06 PM
Aug 2019
Can I talk about how well animated that one eating scene between maomao and her friend was?
Cause god that looked way better than it had any right to be lol
Oct 29, 2023 10:11 PM
Mar 2015
Good thing she slapped that girl the concubine did not want to give up She gave good advice to both concubines for success in the bedroom
Oct 30, 2023 4:52 AM

Jan 2019
Another amazing episode, it looks like they really stepped up the animation in this one too.

I could not stop laughing at Jinshi parroting "it's scary how women can change so quickly" back at Maomao after the bitch slap scene.

Also Maomao teaching Lihua the art of the paizuri, and Gyokuyou being relieved the emperor isn't visiting her as much because of it is another hilarious joke to end the episode on.

Oct 30, 2023 6:38 AM
Sep 2019
Reply to -Sleek-
@Murilowsky it's different art style. Every Animator has his own art style which he prefers. This kind of art style is simple and its easy to animate. That's why it looked different because in this episode staff was not the same as 3 episode.
@SLEEK__ASSASSIN hmmmmm makes sense, but i liked more how it was until now
Oct 30, 2023 8:31 AM

May 2015
I didn't expect this explosion of wrath from Mao Mao. What a surprise.
Oct 30, 2023 10:39 AM
Oct 2023
The animation seems to have improved, it's definitely more "human" and fluid in feel than the standard anime nowadays which combined with the focus on story/characters rather than unnecessary fanservice tropes is very refreshing.
Oct 30, 2023 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
- walks in
- makes porridge
- bitch slaps servants into submission
- brings back concubine from death's door
- teaches her how to titty fuck
- refuses to elaborate further
- leaves

Oct 30, 2023 2:42 PM

Apr 2021
Much better than the first three episodes. The animation is pretty interesting (I like the moments when MaoMao and her friend eats, also when MaoMao taste for poison) and the direction has a lot more personality than before. The colors have also been tone down a bit and I found that of a much better taste. By far the best episode until now and I really hope they will keep this trend for the rest of the season.
Oct 30, 2023 2:45 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Metrona
Can I talk about how well animated that one eating scene between maomao and her friend was?
Cause god that looked way better than it had any right to be lol
@Metrona
Yes loved that scene too. The animation is much better in this episode.
Oct 30, 2023 4:53 PM
Oct 2023
We got another concubine on our side yo
Oct 31, 2023 3:02 AM
Mar 2019
Maomao is <3. Love it when she get's angry because nobody listens to her.
Oct 31, 2023 4:51 AM
Sep 2021
Rifa was taken care well by maomao, and thus she helped the emperor and also saved a life.
Oct 31, 2023 5:43 AM
Oct 2019
It's truly scare how women change so quickly LMAO

Mission to cure Lihua was a huge success!!
Oct 31, 2023 5:44 AM

Aug 2023
Is her name Rifa or lihua? Subs says lihua but it sounds like rifa
Oct 31, 2023 8:02 AM
Jul 2022
I was so sad that the quality of animation started to decline...
Oct 31, 2023 9:58 AM

Nov 2013
that whole scene with the slap and stuff was pretty cool lol
this anime is great so far, if it continues, it might be one of my 10s this season, together with Frieren

also, the 2 consort ladies are really pretty, even when she was sick, Rifa still looked nice, but after she finally recovered, with her blue hair, i was in awe looking at her lol
winddevil1Oct 31, 2023 10:02 AM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 31, 2023 10:25 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Reply to -Sleek-
Is her name Rifa or lihua? Subs says lihua but it sounds like rifa
@SLEEK__ASSASSIN It's pronounced Líhuā in Chinese, but for Japanese speakers it would sound like Rifa since L sounded words are R sounded words in Japanese.
Oct 31, 2023 5:20 PM

Jul 2017
Another very good episode. Good to see Maomao humble those attendants big time when their obnoxious attitudes and commitments to pretty up Lihua with the banned powder only caused her to be in worse condition and you could visibly tell the decline in health she was experiencing. It was necessary to be harsh as through humiliation only those attendants would have learned the gravity of their mistakes and make sure not to do them again considering how they were acting towards Maomao earlier. Jinshi's obnoxious personality did help Maomao this time though since with his presence only did Maomao have a shot to actually do her job with helping Lihua recover and eat the right kind of food to get better. Lihua's got quite the complex life behind her character considering the loss of her son but its good to see Maomao give the advice she learned from the 'streets', to help her get back on the right foot again. Visually, the episode did look a bit weak with the models but the content and music more than made up for its shortcomings, and to be fair, it looks weaker but not bad by any means at least for me. The pacing didn't feel as rushed too as the first couple of episodes at times so that was a big positive.
Oct 31, 2023 5:29 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to animejas
Another very good episode. Good to see Maomao humble those attendants big time when their obnoxious attitudes and commitments to pretty up Lihua with the banned powder only caused her to be in worse condition and you could visibly tell the decline in health she was experiencing. It was necessary to be harsh as through humiliation only those attendants would have learned the gravity of their mistakes and make sure not to do them again considering how they were acting towards Maomao earlier. Jinshi's obnoxious personality did help Maomao this time though since with his presence only did Maomao have a shot to actually do her job with helping Lihua recover and eat the right kind of food to get better. Lihua's got quite the complex life behind her character considering the loss of her son but its good to see Maomao give the advice she learned from the 'streets', to help her get back on the right foot again. Visually, the episode did look a bit weak with the models but the content and music more than made up for its shortcomings, and to be fair, it looks weaker but not bad by any means at least for me. The pacing didn't feel as rushed too as the first couple of episodes at times so that was a big positive.
@animejas

From what I was able to see and later find out, the episode wasn’t actually weak visually, it was more so a divergent aesthetic choice this time around due to the specific people supervising this particular episode. The models were less detailed but there was far more movement in terms of fps and nonverbal gestures. It IS kinda understandable if people took issue with the changes in this episode, with that being said.
Nov 1, 2023 1:41 AM
Feb 2015
it amusing to see how different impression of consort Li hua and how Maomao get the other ladies in waiting know her place. she looks tired along the way.
Nov 1, 2023 2:18 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Maomao is really cute and smart. One of the best simulcasts this season!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Nov 1, 2023 8:00 AM
Aug 2016
this episode was great! maomao is often a comedic detective archetype, but in this episode it showed what its like when shes genuiely angry, which she rarely gets

as a longtime fan of the manga i knew what was coming, but i felt a shiver down my spine when it actually happened! the animation team and yuuki aoi did amazing work here!
Nov 1, 2023 6:31 PM

Jul 2016
No way. Were titjobs already a thing since ancient China? Nah, man. The things you learn by watching Japanese cartoons, huh?

Also rotoscoping goes brrrrrrr
Nov 1, 2023 11:06 PM
Jan 2018
I think this episode really allowed the watcher to see another aspect of the main character. Each episode presents a unique situation to our heroine and this one was no exception.
Nov 2, 2023 10:09 AM

Jan 2017
Maomao is so cool. Probably could win the best girl of this season...
Nov 3, 2023 8:07 AM
Sep 2021
Embient said:
Why are there so many bangers this season damn

Is the full version of the OP out already? I'm gonna listen the hell out of it.
Maomao is honestly such a chad for being able to keep cool in situations like these.
Sometimes it feels like an isekai or that she's from modern times though, with her knowledge. But I don't mind it at all.

The punishment is one of the most satisfying moments in anime I've ever watched hoooly
Maomao 🤝 Frieren
Being cold and badass this week

Flagellation (Latin flagellum, 'whip'), flogging or whipping is the act of beating the human body with special implements such as whips, rods, switches, the cat o' nine tails, the sjambok, the knout, etc. (Source: Wikipedia)

LMAO she told her about paizuri
Amazing episode. It's a blessing we'll get 2 cours of this.

EDIT: The full OP is on Spotify! I didn't check, but it should be on other platforms too.

What other bangers? I would sure love to watch something equally as awesome from this season.
Nov 3, 2023 8:36 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to MavikBow
Embient said:
Why are there so many bangers this season damn

Is the full version of the OP out already? I'm gonna listen the hell out of it.
Maomao is honestly such a chad for being able to keep cool in situations like these.
Sometimes it feels like an isekai or that she's from modern times though, with her knowledge. But I don't mind it at all.

The punishment is one of the most satisfying moments in anime I've ever watched hoooly
Maomao 🤝 Frieren
Being cold and badass this week

Flagellation (Latin flagellum, 'whip'), flogging or whipping is the act of beating the human body with special implements such as whips, rods, switches, the cat o' nine tails, the sjambok, the knout, etc. (Source: Wikipedia)

LMAO she told her about paizuri
Amazing episode. It's a blessing we'll get 2 cours of this.

EDIT: The full OP is on Spotify! I didn't check, but it should be on other platforms too.

What other bangers? I would sure love to watch something equally as awesome from this season.
@MavikBow I assume you want new anime (non-sequels)
Sousou no Frieren
Undead Unluck
Shangri-La Frontier
Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo
And there are a lot of good sequels this season too
Nov 3, 2023 9:31 AM

Apr 2018
Angry Maomao is something else, that was nuts to watch. She teached them all a great lesson because of their ignorant personality, which brought their lady in danger. Lihua is in my opinion more beautiful than Gyokuyou and her personality isn't as bad as we thought. Of course, she isn't like her, but as Maomao said to her, she got other things. Loved that.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 4, 2023 12:47 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Maomao helped to heal the king´s favourite!!!! kekeke
Nov 4, 2023 2:41 PM
Jun 2019
What a well directed/animated episode...
Nov 4, 2023 3:30 PM
May 2020
This episode was fantastic. Haven’t been so impressed by character animation since Dress up Darling.
Nov 5, 2023 10:50 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
They are really giving the source material justice-- both in animation and in talent. The seiyuus are amazing, the individual frames are stunning, and the music is paired so well. Although painful, the pacing is reasonably accurate as well.

It's nice to see Jinshi come undone so soon. Maomao is so smart, but sometimes she's a bit slow on the customs of the palace.
Nov 6, 2023 4:48 AM

May 2015
Couldn't she just tell the ignorant servants it's a royal fucking order????!!!!! Weird...
Also for research purposes, anyone knows the technique she told lady Lihua about???
Nov 6, 2023 7:00 AM
Mar 2023
In the end it was what he thought last week, they gave him the mission to work in the crystal palace taking care of Lihua after being poisoned by those powders they used to make her up. I promise you that NOTHING can describe how satisfying the episode was from 9:05 onwards. It is impressive how after having had 3 chapters in the warehouse and releasing them all at once, the next episode is still the same, if not better, than the rest in terms of animation. I already see it coming that, at this rate, Maomao ends up calling the shots in all the concubine palaces and is an eminence within that enclosure. By the way, I think it was clear which technique she was referring to when she spoke in his ear at min 19:20, her fame precedes her, the sometimes imitated, but never equaled, named after the RSFS, and favorite of some. See you next week, let's see what illness the eunuch has.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Does this ever get good? ( 1 2 )

El_Jiro - Yesterday

58 by Loaf_dontcare »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

90 by grandy_UiD »»
Yesterday, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 4, 2023

158 by Anshika_Sh »»
Jun 10, 10:36 AM

» What year does apothecary diary takes place?

hercules28 - Apr 12

5 by bryanyuchen »»
Jun 9, 10:38 AM

» Fun fact about Maomao

Fukoku - Oct 22, 2023

11 by bryanyuchen »»
Jun 9, 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.