Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 17, 2021 12:26 PM

Apr 2015
It's nice and pleasant but without the perfect execution on the studio's part this would have been a 6/10 show for me.
Oct 18, 2021 4:26 AM

Feb 2016
I kinda hate myself for not enjoying this one. I don't know why but i haven't laughed once during the first two episodes...

The animation is great ofc, but the comedy aspect not so much ..
"unpopular opinion"
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Oct 18, 2021 9:29 AM

Sep 2015
A classic ordering coffee scene, great ep! Happy to see a bit of progression from Komi-san, she's really trying her best.
Oct 18, 2021 9:51 AM

Dec 2019
New ambiguous-gender character, cool. Najimi was pretty cute and fun, they know what they're doing with those camera angles lol.
Oct 18, 2021 12:01 PM

Mar 2021
I love that there's a canon non-binary character! I guess you could address them as they, to the people who write he/she.
Oct 18, 2021 7:33 PM

Apr 2008
It is so funny seeing the totally opposite personalities of the extraverted Najimi and the introverted Komi. I really enjoy watching them together. I laughed so hard when she bought back the coffee and Najimi was just like this is wrong...lmao.
Oct 20, 2021 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
Osana Najimi, I like that trap already. He is perfect. He's even wearing the skirt at school.

There were so many misunderstandings in this episode. I like that stalker misunderstanding joke haha!

I am honestly so happy that this anime played classical music and I was able to name all of them.

Still superb animation!
Oct 21, 2021 1:30 AM
Oct 2021
Is it just me, or does the voice acting for Najimi sounds too forced/ un-natura?, not hating on the voice actor or the character but I just felt the directing for their lines is just too un-natural that it almost seems forced.

Edit: I forgot to mention that "SOME" of her line sound too forced not all, especially in one particular scene. I felt the direction for Najimi Voice Actor could've been better. At least to make it sound more genuine.
KramPapiOct 21, 2021 1:34 AM
Oct 21, 2021 10:48 AM

Nov 2020
damn komi's sound effects are god tier.
Oct 21, 2021 4:31 PM

Mar 2014
Najimi was such a fun addition I love how popular they are as well as their dynamic with Tadano. They kinda remind me of Yoroi from Muv Luv, maybe because of the voice similarity and them being gender non-conforming.

The coffee situation must have been stressful as hell for Komi. She's making a huge progress, perhaps saying hello/thank you and other standard phrases that don't lead to a conversation necessarily might be easier for her to start with.
Oct 21, 2021 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
Komi is focused on having friends that's already hard for her but the way she got a friend was hilarious that's a lot of fun.
Oct 22, 2021 7:04 AM
Jan 2019
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Im speechless. (No pun intended)
Oct 22, 2021 7:04 AM
Jan 2019
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Im speechless. (No pun intended)
Oct 22, 2021 8:34 PM
Sep 2020
this episode made me giggle it's very cute! it also introduced one of my favorite characters from the manga Osana i really enjoyed it! i'm really glad they kept Osanas gender all over the place it was funny seeing everyone confused (I have only seen up to volume 4 lol)
Oct 24, 2021 12:57 AM

Jul 2021
As someone who didn't read the manga, I'm only partially satisfied at the moment. The first episode was more focused on feelings, so I was expecting the anime to keep going down this route of lyricism and emotion, but I got (a lot) more comedy instead. Which was not bad per se, but I hope some depth is added soon.
Oct 24, 2021 8:30 AM

Dec 2016
Komi-san is so adorable as usual.

It was hilarious. I like Osana Najimi. Definitely a likeable character.

Glad to see Komi-san make another friend, now more 98 left.

This anime is making everyone around Komi-san so positive and there's Ousama Ranking completely opposite of this (´▽`).
Oct 24, 2021 2:27 PM
Sep 2020
It's nice to see a mc that I can relate to. (o^ ^o)
Oct 24, 2021 6:14 PM

Sep 2018
Now I understand the appeal of Komi-san, she's very cute lol also I like Najimi ♥️
erenmeiiOct 24, 2021 6:21 PM
Oct 25, 2021 2:52 PM

Aug 2015
A less good episode than the previous one. Like some people, I think that the adaptation is much too close to the manga in the direction (we even see the speech bubbles). Animation is solid, seiyuu do an excellent job but no gag really made me laugh.
Furthermore the scene of the harassment was really embarrassing, the intervention of Komi-san was the best moment.
Oct 26, 2021 12:08 AM

Mar 2016
Great way to start off the hunt for 99 more friends, go for the one that is the absolute polar opposite of Komi xD
Glad that the version I saw included the pun on Osana Najimi's name, also going to be interesting to see how Najimi acts in future since they were being rather gender fluid - wearing the girls' uniform, messing with Tadano, but then outright rejecting the confession on the basis of them being a boy xD
Was also interesting to see how low some of the others see Tadano, with that one girl expresslly saying he should be addressing her as '-sama'.
Treated to a huge amount or hilarious Komi moments in this one. Trying to talk with Najimi, brain frying at all of Najimi's questions, intense stare at a total stranger and stuttering ending coming out as 'die'. And the final treat, the inability to get Najimi's super complex coffee order and actually sulking afterwards :3
Oct 27, 2021 3:53 AM
May 2020
before the episodes came out i was worried at how komi sans's interactions were gonna be showed in the anime compared to the manga, but this surpasses my exceptions. really loved this episode
Oct 27, 2021 9:38 PM

Mar 2016
Still can't get over how catchy and fantastic the OP is. The ED is a nice contrast to the upbeat and energetic OP, it's soothing relaxing and the melody peaceful, inspiring one that to live alone is enough.

I gotta say, Najimi's VA is perfect for his ambiguous-character, seeing him come to life puts a smile on my face and his characteristics alone game me a good chuckle. The complete opposite to Komi, Najimi's trait to befriend absolutely everyone is to be feared with, even shonen MC can't just casually befriends 5 million individuals and remember them afterwards. He's a monster in that department for sure! We're also introduced to some other characters here and there including the arrogant bitchYamai and the gangster dude.

Slowly and surely Komi is gaining friends, it's a long way away until she reaches her goal, and considering the school's vibrant range of personalities, there's a lot of work that needed to be done for everyone to be on the same page as Tadano and Najimi when it comes to dealing with Komi. Because after all...
ShadowkillZOct 27, 2021 9:41 PM
Oct 28, 2021 4:07 AM

Oct 2008
just finished watching from [NovaWorks] fansubs (they even have ksfx effects which is a lot of effort huh) but what's impressive on their subs are...they translate all of the visual signs! as in everything! that's a huge amount of effort! that's why their weekly release is a bit slow.
hyperactive episode!
no improvement for Komi as usual
Najimi is now her new 2nd friend i guess!??
5/5.

Oct 28, 2021 7:47 AM

Oct 2016
Holy Jesus, Yamai is yabai. That was a really hilarious episode, I was laughing for most of it and smiling throughout it. Najimi's a really fun character, pretty much the anti-thesis to Komi lmao.

Jojo Komi can't hurt you, she's not real. Jojo Komi:

That little Komi jump was so cute, congrats on your 2nd friend Komi. Komi just accepting the wrong order is hard relate for the old me. I used to be a shy boy as well, well of course not as much as Komi lmao.
Oct 28, 2021 8:29 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, yeah, Tadano, its not easy. Look at those double-faced girl, really need some good lesson on her goddamn face. So you need to approached it from the very basic, his childhood friend obviously. Whats the name? Osana? Najimi? Seriously? Kekw. Not just that, but the person also straightly mark as the ambiguous gender too, with such an overly dramatic cherish personality. Yeah, dude, no wonder. Now i am truly worry; shall i follow my dumb mind and acknowledged Osana to you-know-what, or shall i be careful, like Tadano said?

But, whatever the fuck that was, the plot really fun on this second episode only. Laugh my ass hard enough with those fully misunderstanding around Komi as soon as she approached everybody. Even Tadano and Osana, the first-two friends she made, shall kneel before her. Because, that's how the right thing they should do, and everyone else. All hail those amazingly perfect sulking in the end. My heart can't stop racing!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 28, 2021 8:49 AM

May 2015
Congratulation it's a bo...girl... I mean... bogirl.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 28, 2021 9:47 AM
Oct 2008
How many JoJo references do you need?
Yes
Oct 28, 2021 9:24 PM

Jan 2020
Some people might find it boring, but honestly this type of show is for me. Although things don't seem like they'll develop fast enough, I'm completely fine with it. I like the small and slow improvements.

The second episode is less wholesome than the first one, but I like it. It's funny to me.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 28, 2021 9:57 PM
Dec 2020
Dude, it starts with Erik Satie. After that there's no more to say. AWESOME
Oct 29, 2021 1:09 AM
May 2019
So people have been receiving flak for hating on this show but I do have to criticize it. First The show looks gorgeous you can tell where that Netflix money is going. However I think there going way to hard on the comedy in a show that's supposed to be about the struggles of severe social anxiety. I get that they they want to take a light hearted approach on the subject and not be a sad slice of life story. But this show can come off as very mean spirited when it tries to be funny. That coffee thing in this episode was just cruel it's like telling someone whose deaf to listen to an audiobook. I'm watching the show on Netflix where it got a delayed launch but from what I can see from the posts from other territories the show doesn't stop doing shitty things.
Oct 29, 2021 8:42 AM
Jan 2018
Jpl79 said:
So people have been receiving flak for hating on this show but I do have to criticize it. First The show looks gorgeous you can tell where that Netflix money is going. However I think there going way to hard on the comedy in a show that's supposed to be about the struggles of severe social anxiety. I get that they they want to take a light hearted approach on the subject and not be a sad slice of life story. But this show can come off as very mean spirited when it tries to be funny. That coffee thing in this episode was just cruel it's like telling someone whose deaf to listen to an audiobook. I'm watching the show on Netflix where it got a delayed launch but from what I can see from the posts from other territories the show doesn't stop doing shitty things.

if your expecting this series to go in depth about the struggles of severe social anxiety then you’re going to be left disappointed it’s an Slice of Life / comedy.
Mattinator95Oct 29, 2021 10:35 AM
Oct 29, 2021 4:21 PM

Sep 2017
This is very charming. I can see why it blew up so much. So far I'm very much enjoying it.
Oct 29, 2021 8:16 PM

Jan 2009
Damn, Najimi is an excellent character!
Nov 3, 2021 2:05 AM
Apr 2018
"Scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum, scum,..."

LOL~

Every character is so adorable, funny, and that also includes the one TADANO-kun talked to in the beginning.
Nov 4, 2021 12:59 PM
Dec 2019
bro how do people find komi cute? she’s just fkn annoying
Nov 4, 2021 1:28 PM

Nov 2019
Yes, after the single masterpiece OVA, the first episode, we can finally rename One Room into The Protagonist Can't Communicate, as the characters there are more likable.
SgtBateManNov 4, 2021 2:04 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 5, 2021 2:15 AM

Aug 2018
Najimi Osana, curious character xd
The episode was fun. The ending is nice, I thought it was going to be the same song from the previous episode.
Nov 5, 2021 10:12 AM

Jul 2020
After 2 episodes (watching on Netflix) I'm already pretty bored with this show. I enjoyed the first episode a lot more than the second. Person I'm watching with has read the manga and tried to encourage me by saying a lot of the most interesting characters have yet to be introduced and that the awful Yamai is the most disliked character by everyone and basically disappears. Unlike a lot of people I don't find Najimi to be that interesting and I was really tired of the lingering camera shots on their crotch/ass. Yes, I think we all get that this person is supposed to be genderless. Stop pushing it. WE GET IT. I don't care what gender Najimi is; their personality is just annoying and forced. If Najimi's gender keeps being a weekly gag I am really done with it. I keep seeing characters in the background that I'm sure must be a lot funnier and more interesting but alas, nothing with most of them yet.

For the record, I hadn't been planning to watch this until I saw a trailer and aforementioned person I'm watching with told me he'd been reading the manga. I really enjoyed the first episode and looked forward to more but was let down by it. Is it *too* faithful to the manga? Maybe. Maybe this show just isn't for me. I much prefer the comedy of Saiki K, probably my fav comedy anime. Snappy and clever and not mean-spirited. Nendou might be dumb as a box of hair but he genuinely cares about people and wouldn't hurt a fly.

Probably will watch another couple of episodes but there are too many better shows out there for me to spend even 24 minutes not liking most of something.
Nov 9, 2021 8:42 PM

Apr 2018
This ep was cute especially Komi trying to help the dude by giving his keys back.
Nov 14, 2021 7:41 AM

Feb 2019
Man that was hilarious. Finally got to meet Osana Najimi. He/she/it/what???'s so hilarious. One of my favourite characters from the manga.

Can't believe the high quality of this production! Komi-san is so lucky to have been animated this well ^^
Nov 27, 2021 2:12 PM

May 2016
Komi san way too precious to get toyed by that idiot.
Nov 28, 2021 9:12 AM

Mar 2010
As they say the battle is already won with pressure alone, But damn twas funny asf when he recieved the latte or whatever the fuck that was. Love that pink haired lad, wouldn't mind going gey for him no homo.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 7, 2021 2:19 AM

Jun 2021
What's the problem, Yamai? Are you a jelly monster because Tadano has already become friend with Komi and you can't because you're terrible?

Other than this, it was a good episode even if having already read the manga at least until this point, everything was expected. Op and Ed are very enjoyable.
Dec 7, 2021 7:05 AM

Apr 2020
I'm amazed at how high the production quality is Movie stuff with the edition. The animators really put their souls into this.
Dec 12, 2021 8:47 AM

Mar 2021
Bit of a banger of a OST I liked it. Some mean students in this school poor Taranto. Osana is kind of cute I like them. The prt with the guy hallucinating about Komi didn’t make much sense. The part with the barista was quite funny decent episode but I found there trying to be too comedic at times.
Dec 24, 2021 2:34 PM

May 2018
Now I wanna buy Starbucks venti lol
Dec 27, 2021 7:19 AM
Jul 2021
great episode i laughed a lot
Dec 29, 2021 10:35 AM
Aug 2020
The first episode was a damn near masterpiece, and now you're telling me that THIS is gonna be how the rest of the show will play out? Is this a joke?
Jan 20, 2022 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
It's been a while since I've watched anime, and so much progressive stuff has been happening in America lately. So I was caught off guard when I saw a modern anime imply an impending sexual assault -- like, I'm not complaining, but it's just a bit of culture shock hehe. I was like, wow this is such a lighthearted anime, and then that one part kinda happened, and I'm thinking damn. That got intense for a moment.
Jan 26, 2022 7:57 PM

May 2017
Very cute anime so far. Beautiful animation and good OST too.

This episode was fun, but I do have to say however that I absolutely hate most of the kids in that school. Especially the ones that simp over Komi and treat Tadano like shit. Holy fuck someone murder them please. Tadano needs to stop being a pussy too. Just hang out with Komi my dude, fuck what the rest of the class thinks. Rather than a 100 friends, Komi should aim for a small group of good friends. Quality over quantity.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

222 by flokigoat »»
Sep 3, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

93 by SolalAnime »»
Jul 29, 6:19 AM

» This show is an absolute disgrace at representing social anxiety ( 1 2 )

Fischer77 - Apr 26

67 by JizzyHitler »»
Jul 27, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2021

121 by mal-Ghifari451 »»
Jul 9, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2021

97 by Azurosa »»
Jun 19, 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.