Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 18, 2021 7:46 PM
Jul 2019
I can't believe this is falling into the clichéd trap of "villains have names and feeling so let's try to create peace with them shall we?" and all the consequences that follow, which most probably will be "nah we can't, inevitably it will be us or them". So underwhelming to say the least.

And this "drug" feels like a plot device that appeared literally out of nowhere just to progress the plot. It's like the author is running out of ideas how to keep the story going.

I don't like where the plot is going at all.
Feb 18, 2021 7:56 PM

Feb 2021
ttcchen said:
KaiserVonGogureo said:

Yes, the setting was different as they were already in Norman's base, and it was just him, Emma, and Ray, but I don't think he had a drug, they were just gonna wipe em out, and yes they showed Lambda, not a whole lot, but a good amount I think, we never really found out how he escaped, but he and his crew along with another boy named Adam did, who has most likely been cut as he was in Goldy Pond, the manga also showed the scene right after Isabella takes him to be shipped, it skipped another important character introduction (who will be here as he's in the intro)
wait so characters like that barbara girl are anime originals? In the manga they never ate demon meat?

No, they were in the manga too, they were introduced in a much better way though by opening on them beating some demons in one of that farms that mass produces low grade meat, which isn't mentioned in the anime, and yes they still ate demon meat
Feb 18, 2021 8:34 PM
Nov 2020
Anyone else find that Barbara girl to be kinda hot?
Feb 18, 2021 8:53 PM

Aug 2012
kuwangpa said:
Anyone else find that Barbara girl to be kinda hot?

I am gay, but I agree 100%
Feb 18, 2021 8:57 PM

Jan 2020
Man this was really boring. At least the brand new characters were a breath of fresh air.

The girl character is really interesting so far

Feb 18, 2021 9:37 PM
Feb 2021
Norman's broad view of eliminating all demons is a good one, I would not think twice about him. however Emma is against this Norman genoside plan where she want to come up with a means With demons and Humans coexisting. Remembering that until a few years ago she detested demons this shows how much she has matured.
https://malsignature.com/?/view?username=Vinicius-Plus_1&style=normal
Feb 18, 2021 9:57 PM

Feb 2016
damn! so many people dont like this huh? as an anime only i sink its not that bad. lucky i didnt read manga huh?

Feb 18, 2021 10:16 PM
Aug 2019
Pretty aight. It's got stuff in the story that interests me at least. It's rushed, but it's doing something other than just survival and adventure, which is basically what it did in all of the previous episodes.
Feb 18, 2021 10:19 PM

Dec 2018
wowie it sure is convenient Norman has a drug that he could administer to EVERY demon, effectively destroying the demon society with a button press. Too bad we never get to see how he figured out how to do that, or how he had the resources to manufacture a mass amount of drugs. I don't give a shit how smart he is, no 12 year old can do this shit. Being smart doesn't allow you to transcend logic.
Also it sucks they got rid of Norman's cool ass tree base. I was really hoping they'd have a better art direction, instead of just medieval cabins, medieval towns, and medieval temples.
Feb 18, 2021 10:20 PM

Jan 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Finally got to watch the ep on Funi, an hour later. And as expected, it only delayed my annoyance. This episode confirmed that GP is definitely going to be skipped and honestly I’m thinking they’re going to try and wrap the entire story up in 5 episodes. What the fuck. This is just a big “fuck you” to the fans who’ve followed this story for so long. I’m just speechless.

One thing I will say they did right was Barbara and Vincent. Still can’t get over that they’re not even gonna age Norman up like the manga.

Yeah. From the last episode itself everything seems to be rushed. The erratic pacing is heart breaking considering how sequenced the previous season was and even the first few episodes. It would have been great if they had followed the manga, at least there would have been a sequence to the events happening.

I feel the only thing that is holding the fans together and enabling them to watch the coming episodes is the fact that the story is pretty good. Even though we are getting bombarded by information improperly, it is still good info. Just the effect it conveys decreases significantly if you are a manga reader, but for most of the just-anime-watchers it is still good while pointing out the obvious plots.
Feb 18, 2021 11:06 PM
May 2019
So are they just rushing to the end of the manga at this point. Because if they are then that's just disappointing. First they skip an entire arc that's supposedly very important to the story and now we're almost to the end. I think I'm just gonna read the manga at this point.
Feb 18, 2021 11:08 PM

Jan 2010
Only now i understood why the whole drama i´ve been reading about (anime only here).
So, basically, ~40ch or so were treated as filler.
Well that´s some hurry they have to finish things.
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Feb 18, 2021 11:17 PM

Jan 2021
HBKdll said:
Im anime only fan. I didn't knew they have skipped chapter until after i watched episode 5 which was very annoying filler and i got to know more about the issue of manga readers angry with adaptation.

I was hopeful that maybe they are taking different route for better narrative and was very happy to give them a chance.
But after watching episode 6 im wayyyyyy frustrated that im posting comment here to releave myself.
Firstly i think they tried to do AoT basement exposition style where single chr gives out large information that is world changing. But they failed for me, i didn't feel any weight from the exposition dump. It was off and i would have been very confused if didn't knew that manga chapters have been skipped. They fucked it up.
Secondly Emma's character development. There was non. We always saw emma as idealistic, optimistic goody two shoes. Her pleading for mercy for demons is not at all relatable for me personally. I cant associate with demons with such lack of build up or explaination. I mean there is not debate in my mind. Again comparing with AoT they showed in some episodes how real humans are on both side. How both side looses due to this war it was well put up and they didn't try to shove it in ur mouth like how Emma's dialogues and reaction tried to.
As a character Emma was very irritating in this episode and i was agonised to hear her speak. S2 was off from start... I didn't feel any tense environment that was there in first season even tho its more harse surrounding. I didn't feel any urgency and fear for these kid in forest full of demons that i felt in grace field in presence of mama. They made it too easy going for the kids. They didn't had to endure as difficult situation and didn't got any casualties or consequences what so ever. And due to this lack of consequences Emmas thinking about saving demons feel more like naive, ignorant and idealistic which shouldn't how series should go on if it is what they are seeking.

Alas these are my opinion i dont care if anyone disagrees. I just wanted to release my frustrations. Tho im spoiled by this fucking adaption i will surely try to read the manga to get the story how it was enjoyed by many

Oh yeah very rightly said. I myself watch the anime only and I even supported the last episode against the criticism it was facing by the manga readers and was hopeful that the next episode would clarify all these negative comments. Unfortunately, nothing of that sort happened and I spiraled into greater disappointment.

AoT basement exposition was great because of the fact that the audience was already aware of it from the start of the 1st season. It was built up with excessive secrecy yet revealing it's motive. Unlike that, Norman talks about something entirely new and there was no basis for that. It was extremely poorly executed which made me feel I should read the manga.

Conversely, I was convinced after hearing that demons take shape of what they're are eating, Emma's one codependent world was possible. Although, she herself says that it's weird, to feel that way. We feel that cz there was heavy emphasis on how badly humans are treated by the demons. But from Emma character, it rightly describes her. Personally, I feel that what she thinks is stupid and absurd.

The direction spoilt the whole setting. They set standards with the first season and even the first few episodes of this season but compared to that what is happening now is appalling. I decreased the rating from 8/10 to 7/10. Even that feels high now. Just because the story is good I am forced to watch the anime. I too will start reading the manga now.

Comparing this to AoT now is sinful
Feb 18, 2021 11:18 PM

Jan 2021
Mr360AttAck said:
damn! so many people dont like this huh? as an anime only i sink its not that bad. lucky i didnt read manga huh?

Yeah. I feel that way too. But from what I saw today, I'll prolly start reading the manga now.

Imagine we have just 5 episodes more and they just established how to kill demons without any basis behind it.
Feb 18, 2021 11:21 PM

Aug 2008
Disclaimer: I'm an anime only watcher.

The ending was interesting; seems like Norman doesn't like Mujika. Indeed, Mujika and Sonju are both suspicious. Didn't Sonju say that he doesn't eat farmed humans, but has no issues hunting wild humans? Mujika didn't say the same thing, but considering she's in league with Sonju, she might not be so innocent either.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 18, 2021 11:55 PM

Oct 2017
Emma's too optimistic, she wants a happy end but doesn't wanna kill the demons. Thou it doesn't look like there's much people who's gonna support that ideology. Is this gonna lead to internal conflict?
Feb 19, 2021 12:21 AM
May 2018
KaiserVonGogureo said:
Damuzen said:
The episode wasn't really bad (since it mostly adapted manga dialogues), just really boring despite being rushed as always

The funny part is, the dialogues with Norman about the demons and Emma's reactions and all that from the manga are adapted here, and that's the part that most manga readers say is the worst point in the series

as a manga reader the norman/mujika arc is not bad at all, the worst part of the mangas are:
Feb 19, 2021 1:01 AM
Apr 2018
NORMAN... Kissaaamaaa...! I now know that you used to wet your bed.

EMMA doesn't agree with NORMAN's way of survival. Is NORMAN going to be the next antagonist (including demons)?

"Why Demons eat Humans?"
Demons take on different forms, appearance and abilities based on what they eat. By continuing to eat humans, the demons could maintain their current form and intellect. That was why they made us take tests, to develop our brains.
If the demons lose their intelligence, they will start attacking each other.

RAY : If you're going to bury your feelings, then take them to your grave, no matter what. You won't be able to hold them in, and they'll multiply and explode in the end. And in your case, they'll likely come out at the worst possible time, and you'll interfere in the most troublesome way. When that happens, you and everyone else will be in danger. It'll cause huge problems for NORMAN & be a hassle for me. If you're not convinced, you should confront him directly. Especially, since this is a crucial decision, and you'll regret it if you let it go. I'm okay with the eradication, but you're not. So think again, from the beginning. What do you want to do, EMMA?
Feb 19, 2021 2:01 AM

Jul 2012
I was pretty disappointed at how fast the manga skipped through Norman's backstory. It felt like such an asspull to just bring him back with a bunch of superpowered friends and technology since they didn't build it up at all. I maintain to this day that his rise, escape, and destruction of LAMBDA deserved its own arc right after Goldy Pond. It would have been a perfect chance to recreate the magic of the first season/arc while introducing some interesting world-building. But anyway, the anime handled it even worse, cramming everything plus the lore about demon regeneration into about 5 minutes.

The rest of the episode had some passable dialogue, and at least an ethical dilemma to keep things kind of interesting.

Embarrassingly, that's two chapters in a row without even a mention of Isabella despite episode 4 building her up as the new main antagonist.
Feb 19, 2021 2:07 AM

Oct 2019
Fine episode, it gave me some hope for future improvements and was not as bad as the previous ones but still it's a mess. I am going to give it a chance and keep watching it just for the different ending than the manga one which many manga readers complained about. I got spoiled about almost the entirety of manga anyways.
Full_anime_FanFeb 19, 2021 2:11 AM

Feb 19, 2021 2:30 AM

Apr 2020
There was some kind of knight in the OP. And Norman got added in that OP scene. YAAY!
I have heard that it was a panel from the manga with the skipped character, but, oh well.

So those were other humans with him, rather adults.
So according to Norman's explanations, it's safe to assume that Sonju and Mujika have already eaten humans? or are they just descended from human rating Demons.

I'm not really a fan of the peace-loving ideals of Emma, not wanting even the demons to die. If you want to survive then the demons have to die. The reason the world is like this in the first place is that demons and humans cant coexist.

Well, showing the parallel between Barbara and the demons was done well. Norman the boss XD.

EVIL-BLOODED GIRL?!? What are you talking about? There is more to Sonju and Mujika? And I thought Mujika was the nicer one?
--AbiSa--
Feb 19, 2021 2:31 AM

May 2012
As anime only, I'm enjoying this 2nd season

I 100% agree with Norman. Don't care if these animals/demons have emotion, intelligence and feeling like human. Peace with them is bad choice and even if happens it might not last long. It is very risky to allow another intelligent animal to co-exist with humans but if you kill them then this means you won't be under their mercy forever
Feb 19, 2021 3:10 AM

Oct 2017
Emma: "I don't want to kill Demons"
Me: ?????? Didn't you guys get hunted by demons for 5 episodes none-stop?
So why the sudden shift in attitude in a spam of one episode?

Yeah, this is what happening when you delete majority of story and character progression and jump straight to ending. The character's ideal and motivation makes 0 sense.
Terrible writing and adaptation

Subaru from RE:Zero took 40 episodes to reach where he's at now.
Emma took one episode...
Feb 19, 2021 3:14 AM
Aug 2020
Sorry but Emma is just being a bitch now. She is way too naive. What part of the phrase "KILL OR BE KILLED" does she not understand?
STUPID BITCH!!!
Feb 19, 2021 3:34 AM

Mar 2019
Cringe

Of all the things to adapt faithfully post-escape they are doing the godawful genocidal Norman with his band of cringe freaks story line. Just the dumbest shit I swear. That is the thing I didn't want to see them adapt... The thing I was hopeful to see changed when the writer got involved with the anime and were teasing an anime original shift. And yet that's what they're going ahead with. It fucking sucks.
Feb 19, 2021 3:40 AM

Jan 2011
And here comes the bitching and people not understanding what the show is trying to do. Anime fans being overly emotional baby. This was a really good episode as Norman explained what he has been up to. People screaming asspull and disappointment need to chill as we're obviously going to get to see all of that. This show is good at show don't tell. We aren't gonna be told all of this and see this took actual time. I will say the phrase of time has me confuse a little bit. I do think it has been months and what saw was an animation error hopefully.

But man I'm loving the manga reader salt.

Ventus_S said:

Yeah, this is what happening when you delete majority of story and character progression and jump straight to ending. The character's ideal and motivation makes 0 sense.

Emma took one episode...
It's not as dumb as you think. Why would Emma want to do this? Well she has a big heart and wants to save everyone. She was chase by demons but was also treated wel lby two so for her to think, "Well let's kill them all." She is going to be a little shaky on that because that means killing the demons she likes. It's not a wild or dumb as you think and it hs nothing to do with the adaptation.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 19, 2021 3:41 AM

Jan 2011
poemofdevil said:
Cringe

Of all the things to adapt faithfully post-escape they are doing the godawful genocidal Norman with his band of cringe freaks story line. Just the dumbest shit I swear. That is the thing I didn't want to see them adapt... The thing I was hopeful to see changed when the writer got involved with the anime and were teasing an anime original shift. And yet that's what they're going ahead with. It fucking sucks.
Uh... you guys can't say," You're not following the manga, we wanna see Yugo and goldy pond!" and then go, "Ugh why adapt this, they suck!" Stop picking and choosing what you want to see and shut up.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Feb 19, 2021 3:44 AM

Mar 2019
MasterHavik said:

That's because you live a sad and empty life.
Feb 19, 2021 3:58 AM
Jan 2019
I want to punch the mangaka so bad.
Feb 19, 2021 4:03 AM

Jul 2020
Honestly this episode was boring and it didn't do anything to convince me they can turn this ship around. I almost feel asleep tbh lol.
Feb 19, 2021 5:19 AM

Feb 2016
MasterHavik said:
And here comes the bitching and people not understanding what the show is trying to do. Anime fans being overly emotional baby. This was a really good episode as Norman explained what he has been up to. People screaming asspull and disappointment need to chill as we're obviously going to get to see all of that. This show is good at show don't tell. We aren't gonna be told all of this and see this took actual time. I will say the phrase of time has me confuse a little bit. I do think it has been months and what saw was an animation error hopefully.

Ventus_S said:

Emma took one episode...
It's not as dumb as you think. Why would Emma want to do this? Well she has a big heart and wants to save everyone. She was chase by demons but was also treated wel lby two so for her to think, "Well let's kill them all." She is going to be a little shaky on that because that means killing the demons she likes. It's not a wild or dumb as you think and it hs nothing to do with the adaptation.

So you're saying you wanna risk the lives of all children with a "pacifist" plan out of a slight hunch because 2 demons were "good" to her? That usually would get you or your friends killed for being exceedingly naïve.

Let's not forget that the vast majority of these demons, have human emotions, because they ate humans, if they didn't, they would be vicious mindless killers you'll have to kill anyway.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 19, 2021 5:24 AM
Feb 2021
Since this episode back to manga story, now my hope shattered.
When they said gonna have original story for the anime, which started at episode 4, I genuinely hope the story will go in a very different direction... same characters, but fresh story. Maybe like Lambda is not exist, Norman actually grandma son that's why he got privilege, grandma help him escape so she get punished, etc etc.

Now this anime just crop, trim and edit from the manga.
I see, its not original story... I see now...
Feb 19, 2021 5:32 AM

Jul 2014
And here's another random character shift on the writer's whim for Emma. Now she wants to create a human-demon utopia rather than actually killing the demons and of course Norman and his band of merry men (who just appeared literally out of nowhere as if they had already met our main characters) are hellbent on killing them all to make Emma's position look better morally; Barbara in particular is so overexaggerated in her hatred of demons that it's actually hilarious. And this is solely because Sonju and Mujika didn't treat them all like shit in the very brief time they knew each other?

This is comically terrible writing on both a character and plot level, not least because it feels like the series is trying to earn character and plot beats without actually showing the progression to that point; seeing what happened to Norman at Lambda to enhance his hardline stance on humans would have been infinitely more interesting than the half-arsed exposition dump we got instead.
Feb 19, 2021 5:43 AM
Jul 2020
Not a manga reader but the pacing, its fking shit i swear
Feb 19, 2021 5:56 AM
Sep 2016
I don't get Emma's naive ideology.
The God Emperor of Mankind said "humanity first". All these monsters, demons and non-humans do not deserve to exist in our property/galaxy.

Children must be taught from a young age that hatred is the greatest gift of the Emperor.
It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself.
Feb 19, 2021 6:37 AM

Dec 2019
ah yes norman and his troupe of annoying characters, as much as I understand where they come from, I am still bitter that we are missing out on so many interesting characters yet we still get characters like barbara.
Feb 19, 2021 7:33 AM

Oct 2016
Kinda like the change in the OP, adding Norman and his gang. But yeah seeing Norman now just reminds me of the disappointment, I mean it's not bad it was a fine episode but it just feels weightless. Are they planning on finishing the whole story in the remaining episodes cause, at this rate that's highly possible. I mean it probably would have been better if they really went anime original, they just skipped a whole lotta good shit. But we'll see maybe this decision will pay off later, there's still 5 episodes, you never know.
Feb 19, 2021 7:37 AM
Apr 2019
It's a decent episode for me even as a manga reader, but it's nowhere from the best arc. I think this arc is the "okay" parts.
Feb 19, 2021 7:38 AM

Nov 2013
I feel like everything about this whole Norman is appearing out of thin air. There's a light at the end of tunnel but I'm not satisfied how things done.

He got the drugs ?? what? where? how? in addition to somehow become leaders of some groups.

You know what I actually feel like the anime series could end with this season if Norman's plan is working smoothly, and all we need to do is just make things up with those 'good demon' like Sonju and Mujika.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 19, 2021 7:51 AM
Jun 2020
ehh. cant tell whether it's going too fast or too slow. i really need to read the manga bc season 2 isnt what i was expecting...
Feb 19, 2021 8:41 AM
Oct 2019
Okay Emma i understand what you mean, but you can't empathize the Demon just like that...
Emma need to stop her naive ideology....

Borrow quote from someone "The only way to win is to Fight"
We need to kill them all...

Wow looks like Norman really hate Mujina....
This interesting... I like this Episode...
davidyodo24Feb 19, 2021 8:44 AM
Feb 19, 2021 9:15 AM
Aug 2019
Norman did nothing wrong and his goal is understandable. Emma is spouting crap.
Feb 19, 2021 9:49 AM

Apr 2020
Well it seems that Norman's goons are SET IN STONE with their plans to initiate GENOCIDE to the demons. Also what happened in the Lambda testing facility, seems they had a bad time.

And it seems that Norman is not having a fun time thinking of Mujika. Can Emma and Ray stop Norman's team and himself with their plans or things will go to more shitstorms and bullshittery that I don't even know what to grasp unto in this season.
Feb 19, 2021 10:20 AM

Jun 2017
Jesus they are really adapting where the whole downfall of the manga started with Emma's bullshit about wanting to save the demons.

I thought they would go completely orignal not just skip and mix different arcs..... I still had hopes that Norman's genocide route would succeed here but there is no hope for anything remotely interesting I guess.
Feb 19, 2021 10:21 AM
Jan 2020
You can tell that this anime is going to reveal some dark secrets soon. A few more episodes to go. There is new info on demons. Also the friendly demon are not good news. The evil blooded girl is alive. Norman has formed a gang with him and is going to kill all the demons, but Emma has some problem with it. She does not want to kill all demons as she feels empathy. Interested to see what happens next.
Feb 19, 2021 10:45 AM

Oct 2020
I don't know how to feel about this episode. I enjoyed it, but it feels like it just hopped back on the manga material while skipping the entirety of it. It feels rushed. I guess we'll see what they make of it.

From the looks of it, Emma will either have to side with either Norman or Mujika, since there seems to be some bad blood between them.
Feb 19, 2021 10:56 AM
Jul 2019
So, Norman is alive and well and has his own gang of Anti- Demon extremist , but Emma wants a world where both humans and demons can coexist.

BTW, I still think that Norman could be part of an elaborate plan by them demons.

boy, is she badass.......
Feb 19, 2021 11:04 AM
Jan 2021
Well, they seem to be back with the manga again. I still have bitterness but this episode was pretty close to the source. Except Norman should look way older. He looks like a grown ass man in the manga by this point.
Feb 19, 2021 12:53 PM

Feb 2021
greengoes said:
KaiserVonGogureo said:

The funny part is, the dialogues with Norman about the demons and Emma's reactions and all that from the manga are adapted here, and that's the part that most manga readers say is the worst point in the series

as a manga reader the norman/mujika arc is not bad at all, the worst part of the mangas are:

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but didn't most manga readers hate it when Emma said she didn't want to kill the demons, I surely didn't care for it myself

Oh yeah and, just for reference for how fast the pacing is now, this season started at chapter 38, and this episode has ended at the start of chapter 127. 89 chapters in 6 episodes, just let that sink in

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
KuniiFeb 25, 2021 6:09 PM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

508 by Term4738 »»
Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

309 by Kyyuki »»
Jun 2, 11:54 PM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

a0o-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.