Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2020 9:19 AM

May 2017
mappa is going all out with this! that restaurant scene was incredible.

Loved the references to naruto bleach and yuyu
Nov 7, 2020 9:28 AM

Apr 2017
I liked the episode. Now I'm wondering what that contract Itadori made with Sukuna means.

Also hyped for the next one. The fight between that Curse and Gojou might be good. Well except, you know... if Gojou does a oneshot to that thing... I hope that doesn't happen.
Nov 7, 2020 9:41 AM

Mar 2015
Today I learned: Always trust your guts, even if it means quitting your job in the spot!

Also did the movie guy cut the right cord?!? DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THIS I NEED TO KNOW
Nov 7, 2020 10:00 AM

Oct 2020
Another great episode with funny moments, great pacing, and great animation. Really loved seeing the references to Yu Yu Hakusho and other series such as Bleach, Naruto, and DB. Also can't wait to see Gojo animated with all his fire abilities. Next week is finna be a treat.

Also...Anyone that doesn't like the pacing of events right now, you might as well drop the show. As the pacing in the manga sometimes is iffy and all over the place and that'll ofc translate over to the anime. It's one of the unique things I love about this mangaka and series as a whole. Always keeps you thinking

(Still don't get how some didn't like the pacing of this episode, I thought it was perfect.)
Dred aka Dredly aka Kami-Sama
Nov 7, 2020 10:10 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Phew, finally had a spare time to watched this episode. Honestly, they already brought back the memories with a certain famous shounen story. Especially with Yuji's training session, and Sukuna's domain. Well, they were not even hide the reference. So i think its really deserved a little laugh from me with their little comedy attempt.

Once again, i don't ask to open my stash there. So, i hope you won't to.

Okay i think thats it for now. I am out!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 7, 2020 10:23 AM

Feb 2018
I really laughed after a long time, this ep was really funny. They really know how to gently pass from comedy to thriller, from thriller to action etc. I think this unpredictable story path will make this anime one of the best ones. After the pact scene with Sukuna, I realized Yuuji is not smart at all. He was lucky to have a talent like absorbing the king of cursed ones but he got no smart thinking abilities to fight with that. We also saw that at the previous fight too. From another perspective, he is trying to negotiate with a being lived hundreds of years. And the other cursed white poor guy was also top tier for him since he didn't had powers until recently. I saw some comments that this anime is like Demon Slayer but there is a major brain power difference between Tanjiro and Yuuji. Even from the first episodes of Demon Slayer, Tanjiro outsmarted an armed guy without having any combat trainings, with an axe. I also have to say that Yuuji is not completly acting dumb, just not using his brain too much. Maybe he will improve his tactical side with time, we will see that. One last thing, the way that creators made main guy train with watching movie is pretty unusual and creative way to look at that. They could have just go with believe in yourself, imagine bad things or make him hate something. I really liked that idea.
HegerNov 7, 2020 10:29 AM
Nov 7, 2020 10:53 AM

May 2018
Yuuji getting edo Tensai'd lol. At least he's finally training to get stronger now.
Nov 7, 2020 11:16 AM

Mar 2020
Sukuna has a certain interest in Fushiguro, and why is it just 1 minute? It could even be more.
Explained why Gojou simply does not kill superiors.
Another great episode, waiting for the fight in the next episode.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 7, 2020 11:23 AM
Jun 2017
Xnovazero said:
I wonder if Yuuji won Sukuna's domain. This point will definitely reveal in the future.
Very heartwarming episode. Gojou is really good teacher. I wanna follow him once. Burning scene reminded me of Inuyashiki (same studio).

Not at all.. See how Yuji doesn't remember much from that interaction.. His was beheaded by Sukuna and was made to forget about the pact..
Nov 7, 2020 11:25 AM
Jun 2017
Love how the author takes inspiration from the use of Nen in HxH and then gives his own spin over it.. The mangaka is a huge fan of YuYu Hakusho and HxH and it'll show in the series moving forward. The author did say that the series did start in a Bleach like setting and had some similarities from Naruto.. But this is the point from where it goes in it's own direction..You guys will love it..
Nov 7, 2020 12:26 PM
Jan 2020
WARNING !!!

Uh, this is for anime-onlys (and maybe manga readers as well): there're some leaked images from episode 7 on the Internet, specifically Twitter, which you could consider spoiler-y. If you don't wanna see them, you could mute the words like "jjk leaks", "jjk spoiler" etc. Though there're some bastards who just post those pics without warning....
Nov 7, 2020 12:44 PM
Oct 2020
I loved the burning part, and sukunas domain was really cool too. A great episode overall, and the ending bit with gojou and jogou looks like its gonna be badass next week
Nov 7, 2020 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
WallHammer99 said:
Xnovazero said:
I wonder if Yuuji won Sukuna's domain. This point will definitely reveal in the future.
Very heartwarming episode. Gojou is really good teacher. I wanna follow him once. Burning scene reminded me of Inuyashiki (same studio).

Not at all.. See how Yuji doesn't remember much from that interaction.. His was beheaded by Sukuna and was made to forget about the pact..

In a word, Sukuna is overpowered.
Nov 7, 2020 2:10 PM

Oct 2020
Did Yuuji beat Sukuna for a revival without any conditions? Doubtful.
Did this episode set us up well for a fight next episode that should be pretty much epic? Definitely.
I'm not that fond of the excess of comedy in this episode, though it's a shonen so I guess it's typical.
Nov 7, 2020 3:41 PM

Aug 2008
What a fun episode. I really like that there is a plenty of comic relief in this show. Looks like it's back to an action packed episode next week. Should be good.
Nov 7, 2020 3:51 PM

Nov 2014
badabass said:
Ah, that long hair man, that i thought Jujutsu's academy higher-ups. I still don't know this man background, maybe the next episode will reveal his full background. But at this episode, he had a bad intentions and such an evil scheme by easily killing all of that peoples in the restaurant.

The one who killed all the people in the restaurant is Jogo (volcano head) not Geto (long haired guy)

Heger said:
After the pact scene with Sukuna, I realized Yuuji is not smart at all. He was lucky to have a talent like absorbing the king of cursed ones but he got no smart thinking abilities to fight with that. We also saw that at the previous fight too. From another perspective, he is trying to negotiate with a being lived hundreds of years. And the other cursed white poor guy was also top tier for him since he didn't had powers until recently. I saw some comments that this anime is like Demon Slayer but there is a major brain power difference between Tanjiro and Yuuji. Even from the first episodes of Demon Slayer, Tanjiro outsmarted an armed guy without having any combat trainings, with an axe. I also have to say that Yuuji is not completly acting dumb, just not using his brain too much. Maybe he will improve his tactical side with time, we will see that. One last thing, the way that creators made main guy train with watching movie is pretty unusual and creative way to look at that. They could have just go with believe in yourself, imagine bad things or make him hate something. I really liked that idea.

I don't know where u saw in the fight that hes not smart. He showed his ability to trick his opponent when he aimed his punch at the ground and throwing up a kick, taking Sukuna by surprise. Tanjiro and Giyuu both are armed during their fight, while Sukuna and Yuji both aren't, so Yuji can only use hand-to-hand combat. Plus sukuna can use curse energies and jujutsus so even when Yuji tricked him and landed a punch, he can still KO yuji any time. He only waited cause he needs yuji to accept the pact so he was going easy on Yuji, making him think that he has a chance of winning, then as soon as Yuji accepts the gamble he gets KO'd.

WallHammer99 said:
Love how the author takes inspiration from the use of Nen in HxH and then gives his own spin over it.. The mangaka is a huge fan of YuYu Hakusho and HxH and it'll show in the series moving forward. The author did say that the series did start in a Bleach like setting and had some similarities from Naruto.. But this is the point from where it goes in it's own direction..You guys will love it..
the author's gender hasn't been determined yet and it's likely to be a woman.

Timebomb420 said:
Did Yuuji beat Sukuna for a revival without any conditions? Doubtful.

Yuji lost the moment he agreed to the fight and instantly got beheaded.
Nov 7, 2020 4:14 PM

Dec 2016
ZedelPilfer said:
Kimurah said:
Surprise surprise. As I called in the previous episode, Yuuji's false death was nothing more than smoke and mirrors, you can't expect a cheap writer to take off the huge plot armor of the main characters, so soon.

All the comedic references to older shonen titles just tells me this show is going for what the Simpsons did in the later seasons, make references of already famous titles rather than try to be funny on it's own or make fun of them with a smarter joke/parody.

Yeah because he definitely got revived normally with no extra conditions whatsoever. Less plot armour more like plot point.

You're just talking semantics. Him being revived because "reasons" doesn't weaken the obvious plot armor, including whatever Sukuna will include in his conditions.

But hey, it's nice to see people tryhard to deny the obvious with weak arguments.
Nov 7, 2020 4:14 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
ttcchen said:

The one who killed all the people in the restaurant is Jogo (volcano head) not Geto (long haired guy)

Yes, yes, i mean, Jogo. Sometimes my mind can be easily mixed up when writing something. So, thats it! But Geto let him do that, so i am still count him as a killer too. They both killer. (hey, this is my opinion. Don't debate this, please. Okay? Lol)
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 7, 2020 4:28 PM

Aug 2018
I fucking LIVE to hear Nakamura say "Yume ga Aru", also those quick references were fantastic, most people don't quite notice it but it helps a lot to give a down-to-earth feel to the show and anchor it in reality, and also some Jump auto-sucking.

Damn I can't wait for next week it's been probably years since I actually couldn't wait 1 week for another episode of a seasonal show, MAPPA's job is astounding.
Nov 7, 2020 5:35 PM
Jul 2019
This anime has been good so far. Just nothing special unfortunately. Hopefully it becomes soon. So far just a 7/10 typical shounen trope.

I hope they don't pull out the typical "dead mentor" cliche in the next few episodes and kill the blindfolded guy.
Nov 7, 2020 7:01 PM

Dec 2013
The waiter made a smart move quitting.

This is a very different kind of training arc...

I can't wait to see Gojo destroy this volcano guy next episode.
Nov 7, 2020 7:04 PM
Mar 2014
YOOO I LITERALLY JUST SAID I HADENT BEEN THIS EXCITED ABOUT AN ANIME SINCE BLEACH AND WHAT DO I GET? I STRAIGHT UP MENTION OF BLEACH! JUJUTSU KAISEN IS OFFICALLY MY SECOND FAVOURITE ANIME OF ALL TIME
Nov 7, 2020 7:52 PM
Sep 2020
What's Ohnita's power bomb?
Nov 7, 2020 8:42 PM
Jul 2009
el3mel said:
This anime has been good so far. Just nothing special unfortunately. Hopefully it becomes soon. So far just a 7/10 typical shounen trope.

I hope they don't pull out the typical "dead mentor" cliche in the next few episodes and kill the blindfolded guy.

Barring Sukuna, Gojo is the most OP character in the series.
Nov 7, 2020 8:45 PM

May 2015
Kimurah is on his bullshit again lol.

Nov 7, 2020 8:58 PM

Sep 2020
They didn't hold back on the restaurant scene, that's the advantage of a light night show

Those shonen references lol
Nov 7, 2020 9:19 PM

Dec 2018
That lucky waiter can sense a scary dark aura and rush quit before that disaster happen. Poor normal people got burn to death in that restaurant.
By looking at the next episode preview, will we able to see Goujo eyes? Can't wait for the next episode.

Nov 7, 2020 9:35 PM
Jul 2009
Nikmomo93 said:
That lucky waiter can sense a scary dark aura and rush quit before that disaster happen. Poor normal people got burn to death in that restaurant.
By looking at the next episode preview, will we able to see Goujo eyes? Can't wait for the next episode.

Oh yes, we will and it will be glorious, trust me
Nov 7, 2020 10:16 PM

Jul 2017
The way Yuuji just casually woke up was amazing. I wasn't expecting that from the restaurant scene at all. It makes me curious about what Gojou is going to do against that prism. The pact scenes have me intrigued as well. I can't wait to see Gojou fight lmao

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Nov 7, 2020 11:45 PM
Oct 2020
Atlos said:
At 10:48 you can see this scene where Fushigoro's mouth isn't moving (even though he is speaking) but when you go to a closer upshot you can see it is so the just didn't animate his mouth moving. Weird choice to show that if they weren't going to animate it, I think it is just an animation error that will hopefully be fixed when bd's come out

and then

It's not a error.

Is very common the character design not have details in their faces when they were from a long distance to animate or different focus/perspective.

Sometimes the visual concept of the scene is maybe a dialog or narrative.

Other cases can be the symbolism in the scenerios like My hero Academia in the recent arc (manga), hunter x Hunter with the characters feeling's, actions pensaments or representations.

well ... All anime's have this.
Nov 8, 2020 1:28 AM
Nov 2020
I am anime only fan.
Pretty good episode,it's a build up EP for upcoming fight and some Nice Character development.Btw hat restaurant "bonfire" was bit unexpected, Got "Fire Fore" Flashbacks.Overall I loved. I am excited to see them "Gojou Eyes". I'm sure there is some kind of power or something behind that blindfold :!?

Edit - I wanted to ask about that random restaurant waiter , what's up with him ? I think He could see them that' s why he ran right ? I mean how
IleminaNov 8, 2020 1:31 AM
Nov 8, 2020 1:48 AM

Jun 2020
LOL

that pact that he made with sukuna sure is intriguing. can't wait to see how it plays out.

those cursed dolls are hilarious. lolollll training his cursed energy through watching movies, what a training, itadori sure is lucky x)

also can't wait for the fight next episode, sensei is too hype!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 8, 2020 2:05 AM
Jan 2020
Ilemina said:
I am anime only fan.
Pretty good episode,it's a build up EP for upcoming fight and some Nice Character development.Btw hat restaurant "bonfire" was bit unexpected, Got "Fire Fore" Flashbacks.Overall I loved. I am excited to see them "Gojou Eyes". I'm sure there is some kind of power or something behind that blindfold :!?

Edit - I wanted to ask about that random restaurant waiter , what's up with him ? I think He could see them that' s why he ran right ? I mean how

Some ppl just have an innate talent to see/feel curses, also how Megumi said, "in special cursed places or near death experience". Remember "windows" mentioned in episode 4? They're like scouts who can see curses but have no ability to exorcise them.
Nov 8, 2020 2:06 AM

Aug 2018
z7ProSpyce said:
Atlos said:
At 10:48 you can see this scene where Fushigoro's mouth isn't moving (even though he is speaking) but when you go to a closer upshot you can see it is so the just didn't animate his mouth moving. Weird choice to show that if they weren't going to animate it, I think it is just an animation error that will hopefully be fixed when bd's come out

and then

It's not a error.

Is very common the character design not have details in their faces when they were from a long distance to animate or different focus/perspective.

Other cases can be the symbolism in the scenerios like My hero Academia in the recent arc (manga), hunter x Hunter with the characters feeling's, actions pensaments or representations.

I can understand not having detail in a wide shot but this shot doesn't even animate his when his face is clearly visible
_______I like rocks__
Nov 8, 2020 2:42 AM

Dec 2019
Damn, that restaurant scene was brutal.
Pretty good so far, just not digging the comedy.
Nov 8, 2020 2:58 AM

Oct 2020
I love the relationship between Itadori and Sukuna. Itadori was brave enough to fight Sukuna own his own in Sukuna's domain. So Itadori doesn't remember about his contract with Sukuna and that means Sukuna might change the conditions in their contract for his own good cause let be honest, Sukuna doesn't like being controls by Itadori.
Nov 8, 2020 3:13 AM
Apr 2020
Defeated by Sukuna in an instant. lol
Yuuji woked up like nothing happened, and he's naked. And he's training is so funny. lmao.
WTF?! That Curse burned all the people in the restaurant, the giys is so lucky to be a window. And that Curse is equivalent to 8 Sukuna fingers! He must be really strong! But, is he strong enough to defeat Gojou-sensei?! He's gonna remove his mask next episode! I'm so excited!

Ao_SkyNov 8, 2020 3:16 AM
Nov 8, 2020 3:37 AM
Nov 2018
I think sukuna would respect the pact (kill an so on) i wonder what's his plan and if we'll be able to see those strings.. gotta love that waiter instincs great scene there....up next i got tired of training eps, but gojou fight keeps me motivated...7.8 so far, hope we enter the in crescendo stage now.
Nov 8, 2020 7:17 AM
Oct 2020
Obviously it's a awasome episode.i like it very much
Nov 8, 2020 11:04 AM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Ilemina said:
I am anime only fan.

He felt the presence, have never felt like you are being watched or etc well it's like this, he felt danger it's not that complicated he himself said I feel like if I go by that table I'd die it's instincts

Nov 8, 2020 1:45 PM
Jun 2019
So Yuuji get's revived, because of a contract he can't remember.

Our friends get training to get ready for the competetion.

Gojou is going to fight a high class curse!

Really love the show so far!
Nov 8, 2020 3:20 PM
Jul 2018
1) that's how happens spontaneous human combustion

2) spontaneous human combustion in mass.... lol

3) hey, new villain characterssssssss!

4) Fushiguro-san is being one my favorite characters, besides Satoru-senpai, this far...

5) so Itadori is under Sukuna conditions by now, huh?

6) just one little spoiler: from what I read over in the manga, episode 7 will be awesome!!!
removed-userNov 8, 2020 3:24 PM
Nov 8, 2020 7:03 PM

Jun 2012
The fire scene was shocking and disturbing with how abruptly it transitioned from humor to horror.

I wanted to see the movie Satoru suggested to Yuuji.

Did anyone else notice when the movie was in the background and it was paused for 3-5 seconds while Yuuji delivered dialogue? Lazy animation or did Yuuji pause the movie right after getting punched?

I am worried about Satoru in the next episode. He seems like the right kind of character to get killed off.
Shoot first, think never.
Nov 8, 2020 7:44 PM

May 2015
Atlos said:
z7ProSpyce said:

It's not a error.

I can understand not having detail in a wide shot but this shot doesn't even animate his when his face is clearly visible

This is really not worth complaining about.

Nov 9, 2020 12:44 AM

Feb 2018
ttcchen said:
I don't know where u saw in the fight that hes not smart. He showed his ability to trick his opponent when he aimed his punch at the ground and throwing up a kick, taking Sukuna by surprise. Tanjiro and Giyuu both are armed during their fight, while Sukuna and Yuji both aren't, so Yuji can only use hand-to-hand combat. Plus sukuna can use curse energies and jujutsus so even when Yuji tricked him and landed a punch, he can still KO yuji any time. He only waited cause he needs yuji to accept the pact so he was going easy on Yuji, making him think that he has a chance of winning, then as soon as Yuji accepts the gamble he gets KO'd.

If you think about the previous fights of him you can see that he is acting straightforward and instinctive. He's not calculating outcomes or thinking about a way to win the fight. There was no problem since he was a gorilla in close combat until that fight with special-grade. He just lost the fight because the special grade was more powerful. Another thing is when Sukuna was talking him to have a agreement, he should have turned the agreement into something that will give him advantages. Best example for this is Sora from NGNL. If Sora was in him place, he would've outsmarted Sukuna easily.
Nov 9, 2020 2:57 AM

Apr 2012
What an eventful episode! The way that Itadori just came back from the dead like it was nothing is hilarious XD the doctor being more disappointed that she could not examine him was more hilarious though lol

Hilarious overall and good progress of events, including follow-up on Sukuna's interest on Fushiguro, Fushiguro's discovery of some kind of jujutsu (?) he can use as well as that scene with the curses who wants to kill/seal Gojou. I expected brutality but I totally didn't expect that they'll burn civilians alive. Really great episode, 5/5!
Nov 9, 2020 3:16 AM
Jul 2009
Haunt-bot said:
The fire scene was shocking and disturbing with how abruptly it transitioned from humor to horror.

I wanted to see the movie Satoru suggested to Yuuji.

Did anyone else notice when the movie was in the background and it was paused for 3-5 seconds while Yuuji delivered dialogue? Lazy animation or did Yuuji pause the movie right after getting punched?

I am worried about Satoru in the next episode. He seems like the right kind of character to get killed off.

Lol don't worry, Gojo is awesomeness personified
Nov 9, 2020 12:20 PM
May 2019
I don't know if I like that Gojo is undoubtedly the strongest exorcist in the world. The world should be bigger.

My problem with it is not that he is the strongest, but the fact that nobody gets even close to him, not even Sukuna with all his power - and that everybody has the same agreement about the matter.
Nov 9, 2020 1:58 PM

May 2020
Was a very fun episode!! Almost everyone got some development on the story and although not perfect, lots of memes in this one like the guy quitting his job right before the restaurant fired up (haha) and the cringy movie training lmaoo; Yuuji be watching the rest of Fall 2020 Seasonal Anime cause Sensee said so xd

signature by
nightshadekait
Nov 9, 2020 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
ZedelPilfer said:
Kimurah said:
Surprise surprise. As I called in the previous episode, Yuuji's false death was nothing more than smoke and mirrors, you can't expect a cheap writer to take off the huge plot armor of the main characters, so soon.

All the comedic references to older shonen titles just tells me this show is going for what the Simpsons did in the later seasons, make references of already famous titles rather than try to be funny on it's own or make fun of them with a smarter joke/parody.

Yeah because he definitely got revived normally with no extra conditions whatsoever. Less plot armour more like plot point.

But, didn't sukuna make deal with him? And sukuna kinda slice yuji's head when yuji didn't want to accept sukuna's condition.
Which is : 1. When sukuna said "extension" yuji has to let sukuna take control of yuji's body for 1 minute and He won't kill anyone for that 1 minute. 2. Yuji will forget the vow
Isn't that a condition fo reviving yuji?
Cause as much i know this condition give sukuna an upperhand, cause if you think about it, if sukuna's power increased by eating a lot more fingers he maybe could control yuji's body and yuji can't do anything about it, which lead to sukuna can use more than 1 minute and can kill whoever he want. And yuji doesn't remember it at all which could make him in a bad situation.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2020

228 by Agathusian »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 19, 2020

496 by _Murgi33 »»
Yesterday, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

455 by Agathusian »»
May 25, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Oct 30, 2020

293 by Phinyxia »»
May 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

332 by Phinyxia »»
May 24, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.