Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 12, 2020 2:52 PM

Mar 2018
soibra said:
i'm glad it's back,i forgot how annoying hinata is lol

i just found out riku vs kuu exists but it's listed as a prequel,can i just go ahead and watch it even if i already watched the 1st ep of to the top?

edit: i wanted to give it a 4/5 but accidentally chose 3 instead

Yes you can. It's a story about Nekoma that goes between seasons 3 and 4 but it's an extra story. There are no spoilers whatsoever so go ahead. Nekoma is my favourite team after Karasuno and... well this OVA made me love these guys even more.
Jan 12, 2020 2:57 PM

Apr 2019
What's up with this overstated rating? This is a joke.

Jan 12, 2020 5:00 PM

Jun 2013
it's finally back, feels like forever! nice OP and ED.
Jan 12, 2020 7:35 PM

May 2019
The OP and ED are really fitting for the tone this first episode commands. It'll be interesting to see how Kageyama fits into the national scheme.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 12, 2020 10:47 PM
Jan 2020
Finally the most awesome anime is returned.... Go Go Karasuno... Make it to the top... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOG8aJNg9oydxktNly1Gstw
Jan 13, 2020 12:32 AM

Aug 2019
soibra said:
i'm glad it's back,i forgot how annoying hinata is lol

i just found out riku vs kuu exists but it's listed as a prequel,can i just go ahead and watch it even if i already watched the 1st ep of to the top?

edit: i wanted to give it a 4/5 but accidentally chose 3 instead

I watched this before the OVA. So you can.

I don' t know if the OVA is important, but I watched it, because I like Haikyuu.
Zaro_1Jan 13, 2020 12:44 AM
Jan 13, 2020 12:39 AM
Sep 2018
This 1st episode of 4th season got everything. Beautiful Kiyoko starts. Then from Nishnoya's balance on Hanata's hean to Tsukki's 'I don't know this idiot remark... Than Kageyama' s journey's starting and Hanata's stubbornness... I LOVE THIS SHOW......... JUST LOVE IT 💖💖💖

ONE EPISODE WITH PACKAGE OF MORE.

🔟 /10 for wonderful starts.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Jan 13, 2020 6:47 AM

Jan 2020
Woo 1st episode and im already pump! Good thing i didn't read the manga, expecting alot of better things to come...

Made by k3ti
Jan 13, 2020 8:14 AM

Aug 2016
bird boy gonna fly highest of all skrrr
Jan 13, 2020 12:01 PM

Jul 2016
The hype is real! So excited to see my boys again!

By the way, Shiratorizawa coach sure is butthurt when it comes to short guys with potential.
Jan 13, 2020 1:40 PM

Apr 2016
It’s a good first episode. Hinata is always the same xD
Jan 13, 2020 2:25 PM

Mar 2016
I was cheesing so hard throughout this episode! It took me 40mins to watch purely because of how many times I was rewinding the scenes~

Jan 13, 2020 4:51 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was fun to see where everyone was going. Hinata got some guts to do that. But knowing that he was frustrated, I can't really blame him too hard on why he did what he did. Kageyama, Tsukishima, Hinata will grow greatly I hope. Hinata I hope you can grow without the need to rely on Kageyama's passes, and go beyond it even when he is not there.
Jan 13, 2020 6:28 PM
Mar 2019
good, 1 ep and now the anime has 8.98 rating
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jan 14, 2020 4:41 PM

Sep 2018
Mwahahahhahah!!! I wait for Hinata's name to be called but nothing. Poor Hinata but he sneak in hahahahha Congratulations Takeyama and Tsukishima ❤

I miss Haikyu so muchhhhhh!! Even if I just finished it last year, I still miss it huhuhu I smile the whole time watching this first episode. 5/5
Jan 15, 2020 1:57 AM
Sep 2016
The new art style is hideous, just look for comparison for Asahi design.
I really loved the previous seasons, but I doubt that I'll enjoy this one as well.
What happened? Is it a budget problem? I can't find any information about it.
Jan 15, 2020 2:42 AM

Oct 2018
adi_1209 said:
The new art style is hideous, just look for comparison for Asahi design.
I really loved the previous seasons, but I doubt that I'll enjoy this one as well.
What happened? Is it a budget problem? I can't find any information about it.
they're being faithful to manga art style.
Jan 15, 2020 7:23 PM
Aug 2018
What a great start!! A momentous line story especially for Hinata..
Hilarious OP and nice ED too..I'm not reading the manga, so i'm really waiting the 2nd episode for more surprises..
Jan 19, 2020 1:55 PM
Jul 2014
lmao hinata wyd infiltrating a youth camp djfksfk such a crackhead XD

I'm excited for this new season because it looks like we'll be able to see how much Hinata and Kageyama have grown in terms of skill. Breaking them up and having them train individually will be interesting to see. I think this will make them better overall players, especially Hinata, because he needs to play well with anyone, regardless of their level of skill because not everyone is as skilled as Kageyama, obviously.
Jan 25, 2020 9:25 AM
Aug 2016
Polly_S said:
It's been hours since I watched the episode and I can't stop thinking about it...

I, too, want Hinata to prove his worth. BUT he is in the wrong this time. He needs to learn how to deal with frustration. He can't do whatever he wants and to hell with everything and everyone else. He wasn't chosen, he needs to accept it or compain, it's ok. Be angry, be frustrated, learn to cope with that. But don't go and sneak into someone else's team uninvited. That was disrespectful towards Kageyama and Tsukishima (who were chosen), and also towards the rest of the Karasuno team who were not chosen. If I had the power to choose a player other than Kageyama for the National team I'd have chosen Nishinoya, but did Noya go and join the National team or the Shiratorizawa camp uninvited? no, he stayed at Karasuno High, is he worth less for staying? NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT

But the little bastard knows he's good and thinks that that's enough to do as he pleases. No Hinata, despite all your worth you were not chosen, stay home, shut the f*ck up and deal with it. You have team mates ¿you know? It's unfair, yes, but life is unfair my friend.

Thank you for coming to my HQ-TED Talk

Yeah, Hinata definitely did it wrong. I forgot whether this episode or next episode, he says on the phone that training in the special team is more important than in Karasuno, I am like wtf? I kind of forget most of the things but all members, esp the senpai are great in their own way. What about train in the normal mode and prove to everyone, even without special training, you can still outdone other people?

I am sorry but I am gonna put this anime on-hold and who knows when will I decide to skip this portion and watch the rest.

At least ask other trainees seriously. I thought Haikyuu is close to reality in terms of sports but this part is kinda disappointing.
Jan 28, 2020 11:50 AM
Sep 2018
went from laughing at hinata to feeling bad for hinata when kageyama said "I'm going on ahead"
Jan 31, 2020 10:41 PM
Jul 2016
Did anybody notice they change coach Ukai's voice!? It really bothered me....why did they do that...T^T
And from my point of view, Hinata looks weird...hakahaks
Beside that, I love the show, nice first episode, and have high hopes for this new season!!👌🏼✨
Feb 6, 2020 8:44 AM

May 2015
Hinata surely knows how to introduce himself. That's hilarious but also amazing, he isn't one to just quietly stand around.

Issa_Chan said:
Did anybody notice they change coach Ukai's voice!? It really bothered me....why did they do that...T^T

Sadly, they had no choice because the previous voice actor died.
Feb 13, 2020 2:20 AM

Nov 2018
Oof, I'm happy that adaption is on the same level as manga.I'm feeling excited again.
I hate everyone equally
Feb 13, 2020 2:21 AM

Nov 2018
Issa_Chan said:
And from my point of view, Hinata looks weird...hakahaks
Beside that, I love the show, nice first episode, and have high hopes for this new season!!👌🏼✨

They got new VA for Ukai in Shiratorizawa vs Karasuno season already.Unfortunately, the guy voicing him before died [*]
I hate everyone equally
Apr 3, 2020 3:46 PM

Dec 2019
I noticed some changes in the art, not bad, and here i thought we will see the Nationals stage, i guess i was wrong.
                                                         🖤   

Apr 4, 2020 10:35 PM

Oct 2019
it seems like such a Hinata thing to be able to weasel his way into the camp.

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
Apr 9, 2020 1:34 AM

Feb 2013
Hinata couldn't resist.
Apr 10, 2020 10:20 AM

Jun 2009
Hinata is such an asshole for pulling a stunt like this. They should've definitely thrown him out.
Apr 21, 2020 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
Back to Haikyuu!
Hinata getting himself in trouble straight away and ofcourse ... eventually they'll finally be able to see in some sort of way he is something without Kageyama and let him play.

Not a bad start though, lots of funny moments and back to the same old we're used to ^^
May 2, 2020 8:16 AM

Jul 2013
Holy fucking shit man Hinata's really done it. That was embarrassing af I almost couldn't finish the episode. Though tbh Sakuragi from Slam Dunk did so many things that are far worse lol
Jun 2, 2020 2:23 PM
May 2020
Looks promising.
Jun 14, 2020 11:15 AM

May 2018
Lol Hinata became the ball boy
Jun 23, 2020 2:04 AM
Jun 2020
Hooray for Kageyama and Tsukishima being recognized and being invited to separate training camps that cater to the best of the bests. I was really thinking that Nishinoya also deserves the invitation but the "maturity" card was convincing enough why he didn't get one. HAHA. He's too adorable and boisterous.

In this episode, a different side of Tsukishima finally unleashes when he scolded Hinata for showing up uninvited in his training camp. Poor little guy, but how cool is that haha. If only I have that confidence.

From here, I can sense that the Shiratorizawa coach would give Hinata a hard time and push to the limit, so Hinata would break out of his shell. But hopefully, not end the ties with his powerful connection and teamwork with Kageyama.

P. S. I kind of have a hard time adjusting to the new drawing style. It was a little bit different from Haikyuu!! Seasons 1-3. This can be seen clearly in the characters' noses especially Kageyama and Hinata. :)
Jul 24, 2020 10:25 PM

Feb 2018
What a great and fun start to the next season! Apparently Hinata was frustrated that he wasn't invited to any training camps and as the Shiratorizawa's coach said that Hinata is worth nothing without Kageyama. And Takeda-sensei sure is scary lol and Kageyama nearly lost on the train station plus Ukai's new VA surely suits him.
Aug 29, 2020 1:12 AM

Jun 2020
.........i prefer the old art style....................the difference in kageyama's features is the most striking & it's bothering me a lot lol but ok that's my only gripe.... ................i know they were being more faithful to their manga character designs but we're allowed to have a preference. the previous art style was very fitting of the anime & looked more aggressive/their features stood out more

anyway i LOL @ tsukki just losing it when hinata showed up that was hilarious!!

also can't wait for more atsumu miya alr c:

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 1, 2020 2:49 PM

Nov 2017
What a pleasure to find Haikyū To the Top after not being able to watch weekly at the beginning of 2020! The opening is always at the top with BURNOUT SYNDROMES!
ElyshionSep 1, 2020 3:23 PM
Sep 14, 2020 1:37 PM

Jul 2013
Hinata, you brat! I did feel bad for him to not be included in a special training team (Nishinoya also deserved), but it was a reckless move to just infiltrate anyway... Since they accepted him, Hinata better learn, improve, and not disappoint.
Oct 3, 2020 2:38 AM
Oct 2020
I would love to see episode 14 of Haikyuu season 4. I really hope this will work.
Oct 27, 2020 11:55 AM
Oct 2020
how come there is no dub
Dec 16, 2020 2:04 PM
Feb 2016
Polly_S said:
It's been hours since I watched the episode and I can't stop thinking about it...

I, too, want Hinata to prove his worth. BUT he is in the wrong this time. He needs to learn how to deal with frustration. He can't do whatever he wants and to hell with everything and everyone else. He wasn't chosen, he needs to accept it or compain, it's ok. Be angry, be frustrated, learn to cope with that. But don't go and sneak into someone else's team uninvited. That was disrespectful towards Kageyama and Tsukishima (who were chosen), and also towards the rest of the Karasuno team who were not chosen. If I had the power to choose a player other than Kageyama for the National team I'd have chosen Nishinoya, but did Noya go and join the National team or the Shiratorizawa camp uninvited? no, he stayed at Karasuno High, is he worth less for staying? NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT

But the little bastard knows he's good and thinks that that's enough to do as he pleases. No Hinata, despite all your worth you were not chosen, stay home, shut the f*ck up and deal with it. You have team mates ¿you know? It's unfair, yes, but life is unfair my friend.

I can't believe most fans were fine with his actions just because he's the mc. To me it was obnoxious and childish which is why he's not my beloved mc. in fact he's one of my least favourite sports mcs because of how he is as a character
Jan 3, 2021 10:28 AM

Jan 2015
Damn, nostalgia hit hard in this episode since the last time I watched Haikyuu was back in 2016. Really good start!
Feb 9, 2021 1:27 PM
May 2020
Is anyone gonna explain that crazy set Kageyama made by running under the net to the other side? Is that even legal in a game??? LMAO XD
Apr 13, 2021 7:55 AM

Mar 2015
Great to get right back into this one!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 3, 2021 10:51 AM

Aug 2017
Finally, a training arc. Something vital for Haikyuu and S3 lacked.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 15, 2021 4:29 AM

Apr 2021
Yea less gooo another season to look forward to.....the opening song was good...and i seee that the bois are still the same...now moving forward
Nov 7, 2021 2:42 AM

May 2016
just re-watched this eps and dude! even tho it's hinata but i feel the embarrassment
Jan 3, 2022 2:06 PM

Dec 2016
So natural talent and genetics get to go to camp yet Hinata doesn't? I can totally understand why he's so frustrated since he's the only starting first to get ignored. I'm surprised since everyone is paying attention to him from his opponents. Also f- Kageyama, feeling good from Hinata's misery is so low.

I hope old man has a change of heart or at least some older Shiratorizawa student gets him on board. The other coach sure wants him tho

I'm not too much of a fan of this art style change. Looks really weird in a way.
Jan 10, 2022 1:04 PM
Jan 2022
I missed the characters in real world. I think can match with someone with hinata characteristics. hey guys come to haikyuu personality test to find yourself and your favourite friend characters. its amasing.
[url=https://www.quizexpo.com/which-haikyuu-character-are-you/[/url]
Apr 22, 2022 2:47 AM

Dec 2020
Oh well...Hinata. I mean, yeah, I feel bad for him but attending a camp you weren't invited to is just wrong. Hopefully he learns his lesson and can improve.

Kageyama is now attending an All-Japan Camp. Can't wait to see the other amazing players there!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

110 by YeiYeiSenpai »»
Sep 5, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

178 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

95 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2020

94 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2020

110 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 9, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.