Forum Settings
Forums

Who is the most smartest character you've seen?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 15, 2019 4:36 PM

Apr 2019
Well since all the obvious ones are taken ill go ahead and say Kiyotaka Ayanokouji. He pretends to be a normal person then outsmarts litterally everyone from that school and in the end not a single person even knew he was responsible for the total mind fuckery they just experienced.

Also Yumeko Jabami. She just straight out reads your mind and then BAM she beats you at the game you just invented on the spot even though your using cheat codes. And then she has an orgasm for whatever reason.

Sep 15, 2019 5:24 PM
Nov 2017
Lel0uchZer0 said:
mohrip said:
I'm surprised Johan Liebert isn't really relevant at this forum, knowing this has to be a topic about Johan.

He can do whatever he wants if he wants, and he did this without SUPERPOWER at all.

The superpower argyment is irelevant considering it goes in bith directions since the enemies have them as well
Although it does not apply to death note where only light had it

No, it still affect the character. Just look at Shikamaru from Naruto. He's the smartest character in the series, but I don't like the way he outsmarted his enemies. It's just like "hah, you didn't expect me to use my shadow, aren't ya?" The way he outsmart the character is just too forced. Same as the others who have superpower as well.

Johan, on the other hand, planned it all without superpower. The anime alone is 74 episodes, and it's only about Johan's perfect suicide plan. I'm really sure there's no anime who can beat Johan, considering the author alone makes the manga only for Johan, meanwhile something like Death Note or Code Geass is not about one person at all, and the fact is even Light and Lelouch ever did something wrong and then fail, but Johan didn't.
Sep 15, 2019 5:30 PM
Nov 2017
Lel0uchZer0 said:
mohrip said:

No, it still affect the character. Just look at Shikamaru from Naruto. He's the smartest character in the series, but I don't like the way he outsmarted his enemies. It's just like "hah, you didn't expect me to use my shadow, aren't ya?" The way he outsmart the character is just too forced. Same as the others who have superpower as well.

Johan, on the other hand, planned it all without superpower. The anime alone is 74 episodes, and it's only about Johan's perfect suicide plan. I'm really sure there's no anime who can beat Johan, considering the author alone makes the manga only for Johan, meanwhile something like Death Note or Code Geass is not about one person at all, and the fact is even Light and Lelouch ever did something wrong and then fail, but Johan didn't.

So you did not watch code geass
Cause lelouch did not fail at all ... conquered the world and created world peace
As you said...the perfect suicide plan

I watched it, I know code geass as well. I mean, Lelouch even accidently use his geass to his own sister, which is a dumb move. He lost his friend (probably lovers). You're the one who didn't watch Monster.

Edit :
mohripSep 15, 2019 5:35 PM
Sep 15, 2019 5:48 PM
Nov 2017
Lel0uchZer0 said:
mohrip said:

I watched it, I know code geass as well. I mean, Lelouch even accidently use his geass to his own sister, which is a dumb move. He lost his friend (probably lovers). You're the one who didn't watch Monster.

Edit :

I mean again...lelouch did not fail at all that's my whole point
Lelouch won in the end unlike light... and his final plan did not require geass...just the perfect suicide playing the whole world on his finger
I did not watch monster so i cannot say if johan os smarter or not but saying lelouch failed or not giving him credit is just unfair

Lelouch did not fail in the end, but he failed some things (like losing Sherley). I like lelouch not because he's the smartest, but because he's probably the most honour person.
Sep 16, 2019 10:08 AM

May 2018
Lel0uchZer0 said:

Shonenshit? So code geass is shonen
Big brain right there ladies and gents

Where did I say its a shounen? Bighead on the beat, huh?

saying shonenshit I meant that looking at your anime list, it seems that you clearly don't see the the difference between a genius and a pseudo-intellectualist

looks like you can't comprehend other points of view because you simply have no comparison
this "conversation" doesn't make any sense anyway, because you're an avid fanatic of this show
reformed
Sep 17, 2019 12:10 AM

Aug 2019
Naruto - Martial Arts Genius
von Lohengramm, Reinhard - Tactical and Leadership Genius
Light - Criminal Genius
Sep 17, 2019 3:32 AM
Dec 2013
Definitely Tenma from School Rumble.
Sep 17, 2019 4:14 AM
Jun 2015
Johan Liebert. He knows how to kill people without pulling a trigger. And he's so manipulative. Even his fucked up nihilism speech to a kid nearly made him jump off a bridge. Not to mention he made a whole town kill each other just by having guns passed around. That's scary af
Nov 28, 2019 1:09 PM

Mar 2019
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Definitely Senku from Dr. Stone. I mean this guy is the personification of intelligence.

I agree. Senku not only has the knowlegde, but also strategy, manipulation and deduction. He's got the whole package.

Other than him I would say Conan too. Damn the guy's got brains. What I admire about him is that he uses that knowlegde of his to deduce cases, but he was able to become that knowledgeable BECAUSE he loves to deduce. Not only cases but anything. You gotta respect that ^^
Nov 28, 2019 1:17 PM

Oct 2013
Overly "smart" characters aren't actually smart, they're just helped by the plot bending backwards to make them look good.
Nov 28, 2019 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
The ones I remember :

1. Lelouch
2. Light
3. Shikamaru
4. Armin
5. Kurisu?

Honorable mention : Luffy, Naruto and Goku.
Nov 28, 2019 3:55 PM
Sep 2018
sherlock - kabukichou sherlock
sakurako - beautiful bones
houtarou - hyouka
johan liebert - monster
victorique - gosick

just to name a few of my favourites
Nov 28, 2019 3:59 PM

May 2014
Kaiji is quite smart, great at coming up with solutions to problems, risk-evaluation and many more things.
Nov 28, 2019 4:01 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Tsubasa Hanekawa knows everything, so....
Also, Leron fro TTGL. The dude goes from basic tech to violating every law of physics known to man...
Nov 28, 2019 4:05 PM

Aug 2015
You mean without plot or being a Gary Stu/Mary Sue? Because literally 90% of smart characters are conveniently helped by the plot almost all the time.
Nov 28, 2019 5:35 PM

Nov 2008
It scares me how smart Senku is...he kinda makes all smart characters before him look like drooling morons. xD

Nov 28, 2019 5:57 PM

Apr 2019
Donald Trump of course. Like any real genius, he convincingly rubs it in. So he must be smart, musn't he. Same holds for anime "geniuses" - the more their intelligence is emphasized, the less smart they probably are compared to those able to hide the fact and keep playing that as an advantage.

Nov 28, 2019 7:08 PM
Apr 2012
Chiibi said:
It scares me how smart Senku is...he kinda makes all smart characters before him look like drooling morons. xD

My favourite smart character is probably Lelouch, you get to see him develop with all his emotions while still maintaining his intelligence. Lelouch does have some incredible intelligence, he often knows how to use geography. The art of mixing creativity and knowledge is intelligence.

But yeah, Senku is ridiculously smart in comparison to every character. There's just so many scenes where I'm like "what, how did you know that?" We take for granted a lot of things, that techonology has made easy for us and school just doesn't teach it like agriculture and he knows it all. I'm thinking "How do you know this, what does this have to do with modern day science, you shouldn't know this.". He's is definitely the smartest, but it's in the most shounen way possible, where there's no reason for him to have all his knowledge.
HeartyaceNov 28, 2019 9:04 PM
Nov 28, 2019 7:57 PM

May 2017
Wow nobody is mentioning Ayanokouji Kiyotaka from Classroom of the Elite...
Nov 28, 2019 8:05 PM

Mar 2019
Light
L
Conan
Twelve / nine
Kaiji
Armin
Norman
Johan
Kogami
Adelt
Joseph (Youth)
Asekladd
Nov 28, 2019 8:25 PM

Nov 2008
Heartyace said:
there's no reason for him to have all his knowledge.

That part does bother me a little bit...lol. It's really over the top.

Nov 29, 2019 4:46 AM

May 2018
Random pick: Kiichi Gotou from Patlabor.
He is quite smart, tricky and manipulative.

alshuNov 29, 2019 4:52 AM
Nov 29, 2019 4:54 AM

Dec 2015
Gaen from the Monogatari serie, as she know everything that world has to offer.
Don't think it's possible to be smart then that.

Nov 29, 2019 4:54 AM

Dec 2015
Gaen from the Monogatari serie, as she know everything that world has to offer.
Don't think it's possible to be smart then that.

Nov 29, 2019 6:25 AM
May 2019
Can't decide who's the smartest because they're geniuses in different fields.
Senku
Lelouch
L (Death Note)
Dr. Vegapunk - Even his researches have something to do with devil fruits.
Lelouch
Hazama Kuroo (Black Jack)
Kaiji - he's smart enough to win in different gambles although at the start of the shows he looks pathetic due to several losses.
Shiroe (Log Horizon)
Tokuchi Toua - dude his strategies will leave you thinking. Although in some part of the anime he just uses a sheer luck.
Ray (The Promised Neverland)
Nov 29, 2019 7:32 AM

Aug 2013
Askeladd and Senku are pretty genius.
Apr 5, 2020 6:33 AM
Apr 2020
The smartest character must go to Kiyotaka Akanokouji from Classroom Of The Elite, and Toua Tokuchi from One Outs.

*Spoiler Alert*

First of all, in the Light Novels (LN) it is stated that ayanokoiji is a genetically modified human made to be perfect in every aspect, and he was taught everything that is teachable in the white room since he was a kid. Whether it's sports, general knowledge, science subjects, strategic planning, ayanokoiji will always be first (he also has the biggest penis). What specifically makes ayanokoiji more unique than other anime MCs in terms of smartness is that he feels no emotion as it was stated in the LN volume 7 when he fought against ryuen. Ayanokoiji feels no sympathy nor empathy towards people, however, he understands them so well that he was able to manipulate even the upper class's student role model ichinose. Ayanokoiji is acknowledged by the smartest people in his class even though he did reveal his full capabilities. It is often mistaken that ayanokoiji is bad at social interactions but that is false since he was able to interact with many students such as Hirata, Karizawa, Ichinose, the student council and his secretary, etc. Ayanokoiji was able to build a very close and special relationship with all of the previously mentioned characters especially the latter, as it was clearly shown how Ayanokoiji asked for manabe's (manabe is the student council) help by casually calling him in the LN volume 10. Ayanokoiji also has a perfect poker face that was praised by many characters among them is Kushida in volume 5 of the LN, ayanokoiji also reads people's faces and emotions and figures out their intentions rather easily as for ayanokoiji is the narrator of the LN and we always read about the other characters' emotions and feelings. What also makes ayanokoiji an even better character than Tokuchi is that ayanokoiji has a relatively better goal than Toua, ayanokoiji's hial is mentioned in the LN, Manga, and anime adaptation if the LN, his goal is to simply win and thats it. Tokuchi's goal is very similar, he also wants to win but he shows a rather unreasonable interest towards money.

Tokuchi Toua is also very smart. Once i watched One Outs i instantly noticed how similar Tokuchi and ayanokoiji are. Tokuchi is also an insane mind reader, he might actually read people's mind even better than ayanokoiji by a lot, since in the anime Tokuchi decides how to throw the baseball a split second after reading the batter's intentions on how he'll hit the baseball. Furthermore, tokuchi is a skilled strategic planner, he almost puts every plan's flaw into consideration, he reads situations quickly and understands what to do and how to win after a short break of winning. Tokuch is also has a highly detailed eye that picks up minor events and concludes a whole plan from it. Tokuchi is also aware of his surroundings as he was shown in the anime when lying on the ground smoking but was in fact studying the opponent's every action.

In conclusion ayanokoiji is the smartest character since he is stated to be a perfect human in every aspect and it seems only ryuen knows how perfect ayanokoiji is. Im not sucking ayanokoiji off, all what im mentioning is stated in the LN, Manga, and Anime, feel free to check-'em out.
Apr 5, 2020 6:36 AM

Apr 2019
Light Yagami and L Lawlet
Well, I like to believe that Light is smarter than L becuz of many reasons ( saying that because most people believe L is smarter). The one big reason being that even though L was a world class detective Light was able to kill him, at the same time, being able to conceal that he was Kira.
Rem is best girl
Apr 5, 2020 6:42 AM
Mar 2018
This kid over here is one of the smartest characters I've ever seen

Apr 5, 2020 6:50 AM
Mar 2020
Smartness for me is defined by the decisions the characters had to make at moments notice and it goes without saying that only a few stand there ground

So for me it's Erwin Smith( snk) , most underrated smartass character I've ever seen... Also not to forget about shniezel( code geass).
Apr 5, 2020 6:54 AM
Oct 2017
Not you apparently whats up with that grammar lmaooo

Im jk id say maybe joseph joestar. Memes aside he seriously is smart
Theres also ainz from overlord. A battle genius but not so genius in other fields
Apr 6, 2020 5:22 AM

Dec 2013
Aside from Yagami Light and L, I think Edogawa Ranpo and Chuuya Dazai are smart too. And also Johann Liebert...but in a dangerous way xD

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 6, 2020 5:27 AM

Mar 2018
tokuchi toua from one outs and light yagami r my top picks
Apr 6, 2020 5:31 AM

Sep 2008
Akuta Rintaro, from magical girl apocalypse.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Apr 6, 2020 6:17 AM
Sep 2019
L from Death Note? Maybe? Or Shikamaru Nara from Naruto.
Ya boy is going to Con Alt Delete 2020! See you there!

Apr 6, 2020 6:25 AM

Apr 2020
Definitely Norman from Yakusoku no Neverland. That kid is just brilliant.
Apr 6, 2020 6:27 AM
Dec 2018
I think maybe Johan Liebert from Monster, the fact that he is the mastermind beheind everything in the anime always fascinated me.Also his hability to know exatly how Tenma will act is almost scary. Something like this "So tenma wants to kill me very well, then I will surrond myself with children he won´t be able to take the shot with kids around" or "So tenma wants to shot me in the forest, then I will make sure he meets and old WW2 Veteran who wants to make sure nobody will kill again in this forest." "This way the only moment Tenma will have to try to kill me will be in the Library, then I just have to burn it to the grown due to Tenma's good nature he will help the people inside and thus I will be safe" also the way Johan can lead people to suicide just by talking to them is a big prof of his intelligence.
Mike-KunnApr 6, 2020 6:32 AM
Apr 6, 2020 2:13 PM

Dec 2019
Senkuu probably. Dude made a lot of things from scratch
Apr 13, 2020 10:54 PM

Jan 2020
Yang Wenli ( he is able to handle and give pressure to all the empire troop though he only have less resource because the idiot alliance government)
and Shiroe (he rebuild the entire Elder tale society and become a dictator only with his tactic to create food from chef class)
TierraRobadaApr 13, 2020 10:58 PM
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Apr 14, 2020 2:31 AM

Oct 2017
God fucking dammit Senku from Dr Stone just makes me regret not studying harder in school LOL.
Apr 14, 2020 2:34 AM

Jul 2016
Nobody mentioning Shiro(no game no life),when she's literally the embodiment of a human calculator.
May 31, 2021 12:59 AM
May 2021
ranpo edogawa is the smartest like fr , that boy can solve everything and every crime in this world in less than a minute and they already mentioned it , and it's not his ability he has none , so that means according to the crimes he solved all , they helped him gain this much intelligence
May 31, 2021 1:40 AM

Oct 2008
William James Moriarty "Moriarty the Patriot"

Squealer "Shin Sekai Yori"
May 31, 2021 1:55 AM

May 2020
Without a doubt, Gaen Izuko From Monogatari series. It was said that she's cursed to know everything. If that's not smart,then idk
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
May 31, 2021 7:26 AM

Jan 2021
Senku (Dr . Stone)
L (Death Note)
Lelouch (Code Geass)
Conan (Detective Conan)
May 31, 2021 1:31 PM

Jan 2019
Ayanokouji from Classroom of the Elite - During the island survival test he literally has the entire school playing into his hands and the whole time he’s just “meh” about everything; he’s so freaking cool!

Hotaro Oreki from Hyouka - Also brilliant but in a different way from Ayanokouji. Hotaro is a really good problem solver and can make very accurate deductions from a tiny amount of evidence.

Why I consider Hotaro to be slightly inferior to Ayanokouji is because Hotaro is only making well-educated guesses, a few times throughout the show he is incorrect but still some of his conclusions are absolutely mind-boggling! Ayanokouji, on the other hand, is a master plotter; he cannot afford to be incorrect and even when he does guess something he finds a way to assure himself of his conclusion and then he works that into his plan. It’s like he’s playing chess and he’s determined to win!
May 31, 2021 1:34 PM

Apr 2019
Kasuga Ayumu
May 31, 2021 7:10 PM

Jun 2020
Senkuu of course. As he said, he has 2 Million Years of Human Evolution etched in his mind.

“You have no enemies. No one…Has any enemies. There is no one…That you should hurt.” – Thors

May 31, 2021 7:45 PM

Mar 2018
I’m surprised so many are saying senkuu when I don’t think he’s even the smartest in the show (chrome)
Jun 1, 2021 8:51 AM
Aug 2020
Monkey D luffy. I'm not joking (churacturu limito)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How dominant is anime in the content you consume?

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

17 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
6 minutes ago

» How does the portrayal of good and evil in anime reflect cultural values and societal norms?

Gashadokur0 - 38 minutes ago

4 by PostMahouShoujo »»
9 minutes ago

» The decline of Mananime

JoeChip - 8 hours ago

28 by JaniSIr »»
28 minutes ago

» Do all anime studios have a “trash” anime?

Tabbs919 - 2 hours ago

10 by Yuusey »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you love your favorite character?

Shizuna - 1 hour ago

5 by Rhae »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.