Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 8, 2019 5:52 AM
Jan 2019
A cliff? Is seriously? Dammit!. Well, I knew that going over the wall would not be so easy, although I had hoped that Mama would lose her temper and take that stupid smile off her face. The first phase of the plan is well formulated, the problem is that unexpected cliff. Got damn! And I was too surprised that Ray kept his memories since he was born. What a surprise. From what I see the situation is difficult, they will need a miracle or a great solution to get Norman to flee from death, and therefore, all the others.

PS: Definitely this gives for at least another season. You can get a lot of juice out of the manga story.
Mar 8, 2019 5:57 AM

Jan 2017
Dammit, that OP (and old ED) is amazing but misleading it showed them escap8ng together. It's reaching the climax, but the suspense kills me every week... apart from the fact that the OP and ED sh9w Norman to escape. Ya did to to yourself
Mar 8, 2019 6:24 AM

Feb 2014
jeez normans eyes at the end hurt my soul a little
the realization their plan was for nothing. big oof
Mar 8, 2019 7:34 AM
Mar 2017
This episode was very depressing, the boys are very discouraged now that Isabella disabled Emma, ​​broke the deal with Ray and announced that the next day Norman will go to his final destination.
The part where Norman goes looking for water was so sad, the poor boy was so hopeless, knowing that he would end up just like Connie.
Ray still does not want to give up and looks for a way for Norman to escape at least before they come looking for him, but it seems that Norman has already accepted the fate that awaits him, but more than anything he worries that if he flees, as a replacement the demons can take Ray or Emma. I like Emma's positive attitude and only she comes up with such extreme ideas as Ray breaking his leg so the demons don´t take him away. So Norman will be the explorer to see what is behind the wall and so they can plan the great escape.
Ray tells how he discovered the truth about the orphanage and the demons, and if I'm honest, I'm surprised that Ray remembered absolutely everything from the place where he was born to the location of the plantation, in addition to revealing that apart from Gracefield there are another 4 plantations attached to which they live and also that the great door gives access to the headquarters where they are born.
Isabella announces the departure of Norman and obviously the little ones felt sad and also congratulated him, but the sad thing is to see the face of Isabella's satisfaction, damn it is depressing to see the pleased face of his good work.
We see the 5 guys getting ready for Norman's escape, but the moment we see Norman, he discovers the last Krone legacy, the package and the pen.
The moment of truth arrives and Norman arrives at the great wall and manages to climb it, but when he is contemplating what is behind it, we see Norman with a totally satisfied face.
We see Isabella with the little ones, but she notices that Norman is not there and sees her tracker, Ray, Emma, ​​Gilda and Don look very confident, but they notice that her mother does not look scared and we see that Norman comes back with a face pretty exhausted.
Ray asks Norman why he did not hide as they had planned and Norman reveals that behind the wall there is a huge cliff.
the episode ended with a new ending that sounded more like a farewell, the next episode could be assumed that Norman will leave Gracefield.
salbery755Mar 8, 2019 7:38 AM
Mar 8, 2019 7:41 AM

Mar 2012
So this episode means Ive only read past it by a few chapters before I stopped reading. It's been about couple years since and I don't think I can continue with this manga or the anime. I'm used to dark but this.....
Mar 8, 2019 7:44 AM
Mar 2019
what a cliffhanger amirite

I just have to say all the scenes when Norman is getting water for Emma were fucking amazing. You could literally feel all the emotions and it was beyond perfectly executed. I'm so excited to see where this is going because it just keeps me guessing

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 20, 2019 8:26 PM
Mar 8, 2019 8:26 AM

Jun 2016
man there are only 3 episodes left, after it's finished airing there's no way I'm gonna wait so long for the next season (if there's gonna be a next) first time reading manga I guess
Mar 8, 2019 8:58 AM
Oct 2018
Holy. S**t. This got my butt clenched 100%
Mar 8, 2019 9:07 AM

Apr 2012
Imagine if the orphanage/farm kids had Stewie Griffin on their side. He'll probably start off by saying to Isabella: "Damn you vile woman" while plotting an escape.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 8, 2019 9:20 AM

Aug 2014
Can't believe I ever thought for more than two seconds what they planned to do with that rope.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 8, 2019 9:29 AM
Jul 2007
This episode was so on point with the direction. So much tension in this episode and the norman walking for water scene was riveting...been a while since ive seen an anime character walking so realistically and well animated.
Mar 8, 2019 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
MetaKite said:
So this episode means Ive only read past it by a few chapters before I stopped reading. It's been about couple years since and I don't think I can continue with this manga or the anime. I'm used to dark but this.....

dont give up hope !!! the payoff might be soon
Mar 8, 2019 10:21 AM

Sep 2013
The tension at the end of the episode... damn. It's very well directed.

I don't want Norman to die, but him surviving seems pretty unlikely at this point...
Mar 8, 2019 10:28 AM

Mar 2018
"The best *cliff*hanger ever!"
"Omae wa mou shindeiru." - Isabella
"All according to keikaku." - Isabella

This episode is a treasure trove of pun and memes. Just accept your fate and get eaten, kids. lmao
MH93 said:
dafuq is that!!!!
demimonde said:

Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can ♪

Thanks. You guys cracked me up too xD

Mar 8, 2019 10:52 AM

Mar 2015
Should've used this as the ending

Mar 8, 2019 11:31 AM

Oct 2017
Another great episode. I like how they ended the episode on a cliffhanger (literally!).
Mar 8, 2019 12:02 PM

Feb 2014
The new ED is a mix of nostalgia showing that every child no matter how they turn out are born gentle and full of innocence.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 8, 2019 12:28 PM

Aug 2016
Can someone explain me why Ray hadn't revealed the truth about the house to Norman and Emma way before the time they all supposedly shoud be fed to monsters? Like say a year ago.
Mar 8, 2019 12:50 PM
May 2016
The episode was great but two questions, how did Norman get back down and couldn't he just stay at the top of the wall? Sure it'd be hard for Ray to supply him with food like they planned but Mom technically wouldn't be able to get him.
Mar 8, 2019 1:02 PM
Mar 2018
WTF ARE THEY GONNA DO NOW THE ONLY WAY TO ESCAPE IS THROUGH THE GATE AND HOW ARE THEY GONNA DO THAT WITH MONSTERS AND ADULTS SWARMING OUTSIDE AAAAAAAHH *RIPS HAIR OUT*
Mar 8, 2019 1:32 PM

Mar 2017
Boy it was a nerve racking episode.
And just as I thought. It was a cliff
Mar 8, 2019 1:49 PM

Mar 2018
What's with up so many kids looking similar to Norman, Emma and Ray. Idk if I didnt notice it before or if they just made it too obvious this episode. Quite funny
poop
Mar 8, 2019 1:59 PM
Dec 2014
WILL SOMEONE FUCKING ESCAPE
Mar 8, 2019 5:22 PM

Feb 2018
They were surprised to find that there was a cliff behind the wall.
Mar 8, 2019 6:05 PM
Mar 2017
Ahh, I hope this whole shows dosen't end bad, but this can't be!
Mar 8, 2019 8:59 PM

Jul 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
suzakukaworu said:

so if they tie a boulder at the end of the rope, and norman tries to throw it, what do you think would happen? that it would somehow defy the laws of gravity and somehow make it to the other side?
No. Having a heavier object at the end will break air resistence that would normally prevent you from throwing cloth too far. Also you make it sound like gravity is so strong that you cannot throw stuff at long distances. But it depends on a number of factors including the height of the wall relative to the forest bellow. That being said slings and boomerangs show that when applied centrifugal force you can throw an object much further that throwing it straight. That being said I doubt Norman could do this with no training whatsoever. A day or two of training is more than enough but he does not even have a few hours.

i'm not sure you understand how big a boulder is. no, that was not what i was saying at all - if i was trying to imply that then i would agree with a claim that you can't throw a airplane across the sky. but you can and it is able to go a long distance. that's the difference between a rope with a boulder at the end of it, that black abyss gap is huge, would the length of the rope even reach it regardless? and again, norman is physically weak and he's only 11 years old. i doubt he can pick up a boulder by himself, much less chucking it and hoping it lands across. and if it does? it's not like the other side of the rope has another boulder tied to it, he'd have to tarzan and hope that the boulder won't slip downwards while he's swinging wildly from it. vice versa, if the boulder is tied to the rope on the other side, there's no way anything on the other side (the forest) can act as a weight to ensure he doesn't immediately come tumbling down the cliff to his death. i think there is no roundabout solution to this situation, which is why it ended up as a huge cliffhanger *ha* that viewers end up thinking outside of the box into could-haves when the reality they all want us to realize is that because norman couldn't just escape, the children have no choice but to go the alternate way.
Mar 8, 2019 9:06 PM
Mar 2014
Dang this ending. This show has been fun so far, but you gotta feel bad for these kids going through this, especially with the constant barriers that they have to overcome. I highly doubt that Norman will die, just can't seen any of the main characters dying. The mom though, so scheming and calm. She accepted Ray's invitation to snitch, got a sister to watch him then disposed of the sister and broke the deal with Ray. To top things off, she evens break Emma's foot which makes escaping rough. It's quite obvious that they can't escape by climbing the wall so do they go through the front now? What did the other sister leave for Norman? How will they even survive assuming they escape this farm? What about Phil? It's true that he's been shown several times, but I wouldn't think much of it. The key is most likely what was left to Norman and going forcefully through the front gate, but how will they overcome Mom who's a large barrier herself?

So many question, but only 3 episodes.
Mar 8, 2019 9:29 PM

Dec 2013
Ray being able to remember being in the womb is dumb.

The ending gave me chills. There’s no hope for Norman anymore.
Mar 8, 2019 10:33 PM

Aug 2012
suzakukaworu said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
No. Having a heavier object at the end will break air resistence that would normally prevent you from throwing cloth too far. Also you make it sound like gravity is so strong that you cannot throw stuff at long distances. But it depends on a number of factors including the height of the wall relative to the forest bellow. That being said slings and boomerangs show that when applied centrifugal force you can throw an object much further that throwing it straight. That being said I doubt Norman could do this with no training whatsoever. A day or two of training is more than enough but he does not even have a few hours.

i'm not sure you understand how big a boulder is. no, that was not what i was saying at all - if i was trying to imply that then i would agree with a claim that you can't throw a airplane across the sky. but you can and it is able to go a long distance. that's the difference between a rope with a boulder at the end of it, that black abyss gap is huge, would the length of the rope even reach it regardless? and again, norman is physically weak and he's only 11 years old. i doubt he can pick up a boulder by himself, much less chucking it and hoping it lands across. and if it does? it's not like the other side of the rope has another boulder tied to it, he'd have to tarzan and hope that the boulder won't slip downwards while he's swinging wildly from it. vice versa, if the boulder is tied to the rope on the other side, there's no way anything on the other side (the forest) can act as a weight to ensure he doesn't immediately come tumbling down the cliff to his death. i think there is no roundabout solution to this situation, which is why it ended up as a huge cliffhanger *ha* that viewers end up thinking outside of the box into could-haves when the reality they all want us to realize is that because norman couldn't just escape, the children have no choice but to go the alternate way.
If you search historical slingers you will see it can be done if they had enough time to practice. In the time constraints they have I agree they could not cross it. Also you name it a cliff. I would call it a moat. I do not belief is that big. It is a big ditch nothing more. I think to Norman it would seem huge as it cuts his escape plans completely.
Mar 8, 2019 10:45 PM

Oct 2017
Most of this episode involved planning Norman’s escape.

Things stayed optimistic for the most part until Norman made it to the wall. After climbing it he realizes that the orphanage is completely surrounded by a cliff. So it seems there’s no escape, and he’s to be shipped out soon, so I wonder what they’ll do now?
Mar 9, 2019 12:34 AM

Mar 2012
Damn Daniel, that might’ve been the best episode of nothing happening that I’ve ever seen.

I thought the directing in this episode was fantastic. I felt a few episodes in-between lost the dramatic tension a little bit, but my God, did this episode bring it back full force.

I’m in my 30s and I don’t think I would be able to figure out what to do, let alone 11 trying to deal with this shit.

I’m definitely hooked to see where this series goes from here.
Mar 9, 2019 12:42 AM

Jun 2008
Literal Cliffhanger!!!

Fuuuuuuuuck!

This anime is soooo good, easily best of season, easily.
Mar 9, 2019 1:14 AM

Jul 2016
prepare to be amazed guys lol, next few episodes from now is going to be a blast
Mar 9, 2019 4:41 AM

Aug 2017
so Ray can remember when he was an unborn child

but seriously seeing Norman all anxious like that is surprising.

also they're screwed lol i wonder how they're gonna get past that cliff...
Mar 9, 2019 4:42 AM

Oct 2015
reminder me why Norman is best character.
Mar 9, 2019 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
im currently thinking what other options they have on escaping

great episode
Mar 9, 2019 5:28 AM

Feb 2015
Its about to get real from here on out....the manga reader know what i''m talking about

Mar 9, 2019 6:55 AM

Jun 2013
I'm sad that there are only three episodes left. I really hope they come out with a second season or even a third.

I'm about to the latest chapter in the manga and I think they can adapt a lot more if they work on a second to third season. Even the manga author said that he didn't mean for this series to go on forever. I wonder if they're going to wait until the manga is finished before they make more seasons? I hope not.

That part when Norman came back and his eyes were so fucking dead. I loved it. The kids are so cute in this show, especially the younger ones, I forgot her name but the little girl Mama was carrying looked like Emma. I think she was the one who came in with Krone.
臭い-
Mar 9, 2019 8:39 AM

Apr 2011
The ending was insane!

Mar 9, 2019 8:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, what a gripping cliffhanger!

Overwhelming tension throughout this episode, a big upgrade from the last couple of episodes in this regard. Ray’s revelations of possessing such a unique ability to remember everything from birth is fudging incredible and nuts, a bit of a bullshit element thrown into this too, but we got more important info on the sorroundings outside the Farm. And then that Cliffhanger, jeez no wonder why Isabelle’s so chill. I’d been under the impression that Isabelle and the monsters outside were being far too easy-going but it’s no surprise now why, also keeping in mind that they’re after the brains too so churning them up even more will only make it more delicious I suppose. Emma and Ray going crazy mode there was so perfectly dealt with, brilliant choice of soundtrack there too! Previously, Norman’s walk to fetch some water and those camera angles coupled with the amazing soundtrack there just goes to show how extremely tense the situation was, really elevated the impact of the whole development. Norman’s climbing was totally different from what I expected to see and honestly it was very baffling. Concept of Gravity was totally brushed aside, just replay that bitover and over again and you’ll know what I mean. How’d he get down from there after that though? I’m assuming the whole reason he’s back is mostly because he felt the urge to share this vital info no matter what, including even potentially losing his life, and the plans of him living away and whatnot was not enough to convince him that he’d be able to transmit the info safely or something along those lines but I really hope we get a confirmation of the reasonings behind this rather peculiar and, somewhat, odd choice from Norman.

Can’t wait for the next episode! I feel like the show is increasing in faults by every passing episode but there is still some solid story behind all this, so I’m very much looking forward to seeing how things progress from here onwards!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 9, 2019 11:47 AM

Oct 2013
Oh boi....3 episodes to go.
I really wonder if they manage to outmind mum and can escape.
The thing I am most curious about is the world they live in I hope we'll get so see it.
Mar 9, 2019 1:54 PM

Apr 2018
How they can do this NOW????
Mar 9, 2019 2:42 PM

Jul 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
suzakukaworu said:

If you search historical slingers you will see it can be done if they had enough time to practice. In the time constraints they have I agree they could not cross it. Also you name it a cliff. I would call it a moat. I do not belief is that big. It is a big ditch nothing more. I think to Norman it would seem huge as it cuts his escape plans completely.

historical... slingers... people who slung rocks and pebbles in bygone times has no correlation to throwing ropes over cliffs. and yes. i? named it a cliff? i'd like to refresh your memory that norman himself called it a cliff, it's also a cliff by the very definition - "a very steep, vertical, or overhanging face of rock, earth, or ice", and just by looking at it one would know it is a cliff. heck, everyone's calling it a cliff here as well. if this is what you mean by a moat (and most of the other photos i've seen are exactly the same): then i would politely disagree. it is pretty big and it's supposed to be. i think that was the main point they were trying to get across, but sometimes it just doesn't to everyone i suppose.
Mar 9, 2019 4:12 PM

Sep 2018
Norman ;( It's getting intense btw. 3 more to go!

I like how they animate even the simplest action of every characters.

I kinda regret on reading the manga first, I don't feel anything on the anime adaptation because I already know what happened ;( but still, it's good.
erenmeiiMar 9, 2019 4:19 PM
Mar 9, 2019 5:10 PM

Jun 2015
holy crap how are they suppose to get themselves out of this now, I absolutely love this
Mar 9, 2019 8:03 PM

Jan 2019
honestly for me its not far fetched that humans in that world have more physical and mental capabilities so while others call bullshit on normans wallrun and rays infantile amnesia i won't because it has a sci-fi tag for a reason, like seriously, its not farfetched humans changed in that environment to grow their brains and physical abilities or whatever

YamEnele said:
Norman ;( It's getting intense btw. 3 more to go!

I like how they animate even the simplest action of every characters.

I kinda regret on reading the manga first, I don't feel anything on the anime adaptation because I already know what happened ;( but still, it's good.

im really glad chapters release weekly though, but i agree with you, some of the suspense is lost but still its absolutely fantastic to see it animated

suzakukaworu said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

historical... slingers... people who slung rocks and pebbles in bygone times has no correlation to throwing ropes over cliffs. and yes. i? named it a cliff? i'd like to refresh your memory that norman himself called it a cliff, it's also a cliff by the very definition - "a very steep, vertical, or overhanging face of rock, earth, or ice", and just by looking at it one would know it is a cliff. heck, everyone's calling it a cliff here as well. if this is what you mean by a moat (and most of the other photos i've seen are exactly the same): then i would politely disagree. it is pretty big and it's supposed to be. i think that was the main point they were trying to get across, but sometimes it just doesn't to everyone i suppose.

its a cliff but it was under them if you look at it horizontally so im not sure what the point you are trying to make is

Shocku_ said:
Oh boi....3 episodes to go.
I really wonder if they manage to outmind mum and can escape.
The thing I am most curious about is the world they live in I hope we'll get so see it.

not in this season xD i hope that they make another season and make it 24 eps from the start for the 2nd one cuz otherwise i will rip my eyes out
DenkiDestroy99XMar 9, 2019 8:07 PM
Mar 9, 2019 9:29 PM

Aug 2012
suzakukaworu said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

1. you could tie tge rope to the boulder thrown by slingers. And slingers were pretty deadly for a good period of time. Romans would throw cast led balls. So similar to bullets but slower. 2. A moat is a ditch around an enclosure. Water is optional but not a requirement . You call it a cliff but I call it a ditch. The reason is a cliff has one side elevated above the other . In this case you have both sides at similar elevation but a hole between them. This is called a chasm. A cliff can be climbed down easy although time is required. A chasm not so easy as you have to go down and back up again. But since is not a natural occurence I prefer the word ditch.
nightcrawlercypMar 9, 2019 9:32 PM
Mar 10, 2019 3:31 AM

Feb 2019
Oww shit things are getting difficult for them I wonder how Norman will escape you cant predict this anime I dont know what will happen next..
Mar 10, 2019 5:25 AM
Jul 2018
I love those kids but they keep underestimating their enemies and that's not good. :s
Mar 10, 2019 7:00 AM

Jul 2014
Damn and I almost cried when Norman was about to leave. I hate Mom. She is the worst.
"That smile was like the sun on a hot summer day...with eyes like ice."
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

568 by sbrxx_99 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2019

219 by masons_anime78 »»
May 23, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

252 by masons_anime78 »»
May 23, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

246 by masons_anime78 »»
May 22, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2019

305 by masons_anime78 »»
May 21, 11:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.