Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2018 2:01 AM

Dec 2015
Not bad first episode.

Oct 4, 2018 2:30 AM

Oct 2016
'Hey, you've stepped on my toe'
'Is something wrong'
'Nah, I like it'
Ok, anime of the month
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Oct 4, 2018 4:06 AM

May 2018
I like this first episode. It's interesting and for me the MC is very relatable like what's happening with my life in school right now.
Oct 4, 2018 4:49 AM

Jun 2016
the good part of it... is that this has supernatural... quantum reference... time travel and parallel timeline...

the bad part is that... the girl isn't my tipe... SAD XD
Oct 4, 2018 5:43 AM

May 2012
Not bad. I will keep watching it.

The super natural stuff is the most interesting thing about it.
Oct 4, 2018 5:53 AM

Dec 2016
First episode exceeded my expectations by a long shot, but this show is still pretty obviously an edgy light novel adaptation, but I am definitely intrigued so I’m probably going to keep watching
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 4, 2018 6:21 AM
Jan 2018
This was quite interesting. I thought it wont be good but the first episode was really nice. 4/5 for episode 1.

Oct 4, 2018 6:38 AM

Mar 2014
the most intriguing episode 1 in 2018. it raises many questions. both mcs are very interesting. not even a second to waste. cant wait 4 next episode.
5/5. on the ride now.
Oct 4, 2018 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
Swagernator said:
This was as bad as if it was a light novel adaptation, wait it is actually a light novel adaptation, well thats that. Looks like more shitier version of Oregairu and more edgyer version of that clasroom of elite or what was the name, which was bad as much as possible.

I mean look: MC - as bland as its get, but with "cool backstory" (he is fighter yeah chicks like that) and Imouto - ofc there must be imouto.

"ORIGINAL" is a word that has been forgoten for a while my friend.

Nowdays it's almost Impossibile to Make an Anime/Manga/LA without copying any others Source :(
removed-userOct 4, 2018 6:59 AM
Oct 4, 2018 7:25 AM

Oct 2013
So... in the end he also forgot Mai...?
He was reading his diary though. I hope it won't be a BE...

I enjoyed the humor in this show.
Oct 4, 2018 7:55 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That was ... pretty fucking meh. I really dont get the praise for it so far, its just a cheap OreGairu x Monogatari knock off.
Oct 4, 2018 8:08 AM

Jun 2017
EasyGo-er said:
MomoSinX said:

Shiiit, I knew this "slowness" was familiar, now I am very afraid how this will end because both Just Because! and Sakurasou had a troll ending...

Don't worry, at least the materials that the movie (which will come after this presumably 13-ep season) will be adapting ends on a good note. Though the LN seems to continue after that, if we dont end up getting more, it's still a good ending for the anime.

Tokoya said:
Great first episode (Also, I'm shipping our two leads so hard lol)

You'll be liking what's coming so much lol.

That's very reassuring, thanks!
Oct 4, 2018 9:11 AM

Oct 2017
Not interested in the plot much. Though, the imouto in this show looks great.
Oct 4, 2018 9:19 AM

Nov 2013
Farabeuf said:
I'm not familiar with the source material, but I felt like this was somewhat rushed? Their relationship and level of confidence around each other seemed to improve in a matter of seconds.
Other than that I liked the MC's and the exploration of the syndrome. Let's see where they take this.

They covered 7 chapters of the manga in this one episode. Not sure how the LN handles it, but yeah, rushed. They missed A LOT of Sakuta's witty asshole lines to the other characters too and made it a bit bland, so I'm wondering how they'll continue for the rest of the season. I know there's some alternate stories/versions of this (manga-wise) so maybe they'll go thru with that.
Oct 4, 2018 9:20 AM
May 2014
Absolutely nothing new here:
Reminds me a lot story wise of Forget Me Not, minus a few narrative details. Seems like it will be much worse though considering the puberty theory stuff is so heavy handed and takes away from the thematic core of this story.

The main character is your typical “expressionless cool guy but loner” anime character

The tone seems to be going for kind of a Just Because-esque vibe

Even has the played out little sister trope. Yawn

I’ll keep watching though. I tend to like these kinds of anime even if they are overly familiar.
VKDOOMOct 4, 2018 9:23 AM
Oct 4, 2018 9:42 AM

May 2016
Looks like I have caught a good fish this season gonna rock.

First of all love the mc hope he won't change his attitude all of a sudden and same goes for the bunny I don't want her go dere dere for him.
Oct 4, 2018 9:45 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty good though and interesting !!
Oct 4, 2018 10:04 AM

Nov 2007
I wasn't planning on starting this but I'm very glad I did. I really liked the mystery surrounding this first episode and most likely the rest of the series.
Well definitely a keeper at least for now.
Oct 4, 2018 10:36 AM

Jul 2012
That was suprisingly really good. I thought i would be in a ecchi train but i got a seinen instead. Nice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2018 10:51 AM
Mar 2018
Is she a ghost? Because that would be instant version of drama for the end...
Oct 4, 2018 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
KANLen09 said:
Oh God, a SNAFU and Monogatari cross-over? Hell YES i'm on...

Wow is this an intriguing episode, Sakuta (the MC) is literally like Hachiman 100%, only more blatant and witty and insensitive, and Mai is albeit like Yukino

Apparently Hachiman & Yukinon, went to a different Anime until the third season of SNAFU Get's Revealed ;V
Oct 4, 2018 12:26 PM

Dec 2009
Came for the bunny outfit, stayed for the strong Haruhi vibes.
Oct 4, 2018 12:30 PM

May 2018
"Puberty Sydrome????" Man, wtf do the Japs always come up with alotta fictional illness that makes them sooo stupid????????
Oct 4, 2018 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
I found the first episode extremely interesting, I'm glad it wasn't a ecchi/harem fan service episode to captivate viewers.
Still, too early to tell how good it is, but I do hope for some meaningful, intriguing, mind boggling episodes.
Definitely a show to keep an eye on.
Oct 4, 2018 3:57 PM

Apr 2015
Not quite what I expected, but this is a good thing. The Adolescence Syndrome is some scary stuff. That poor little sister though :(

I like the characters so far, I really like Sakurajima the most.

I am quite intrigued to see where the plot will go for this anime.
Oct 4, 2018 4:10 PM

Aug 2015
wow this was really not what I was expecting.

I liked it, but it felt really slow and maybe dull... Not that I really mind, but it has this weird feeling to it like the entire thing was inside a dream. Kind of reminds me of Just Because! from last year. I am also very confused about the whole being invisible thing.

That imouto tho 👌
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 4, 2018 4:35 PM

Oct 2017
looks a bit like Oregairu at the first glance, but probs revolve around those supernatural elements with romance I guess but it looks pretty interesting for the first episode nice foreshadowing at first. Not sure can it become an anime that can compare with Oregairu or Houka, anyway one of the anime looking forward to watch more

“It's okay to live, even if there's no greater point to living. -” Konno Yuuki

“God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it.” -Konno Yuuki

“Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.” – Sora

Oct 4, 2018 5:04 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
EasyGo-er said:
MomoSinX said:

Shiiit, I knew this "slowness" was familiar, now I am very afraid how this will end because both Just Because! and Sakurasou had a troll ending...

Don't worry, at least the materials that the movie (which will come after this presumably 13-ep season) will be adapting ends on a good note. Though the LN seems to continue after that, if we dont end up getting more, it's still a good ending for the anime.

Tokoya said:
Great first episode (Also, I'm shipping our two leads so hard lol)

You'll be liking what's coming so much lol.
Lmao, I'm ready for it
Oct 4, 2018 5:37 PM

Mar 2008
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
"Puberty Sydrome????" Man, wtf do the Japs always come up with alotta fictional illness that makes them sooo stupid????????

Yeah unlike the real world where we never give anything a stupid name. You know things like Broken Heart Syndrome, Grinch Syndrome, or Alice in Wonderland Syndrome...

You find it hard to believe that people online would dub something that appears to affect teenagers as Puberty Syndrome?
Oct 4, 2018 5:55 PM
Oct 2015
Hmmm... Intriguing, indeed, but I expect more than some interesting ideas seasoned with fanservice tropes. Anyone here have read the novels?
Oct 4, 2018 6:47 PM
Jan 2016
A truly interesting first episode! Enjoyed a lot and i am curious to see more!

I am glad to see that Sakura is not an MC with cliche attitudes, and he even made me laught with his cynicism , that leaves him seemming more sincere and more sympathetic, creating funny moments and funny interactions with Mai.

Mai is really pretty, and looks like a interesting and sympathetic girl!

I like the design of characters, and Op looked nice!

Want to see more moments with them! Waiting for next week!
Oct 4, 2018 7:44 PM
Moe Lover

Aug 2015
I'm really wondering where the show leads us next. Really like the style it is going with currently. The MC right now seems like a more reliable person from what I've seen so far, compared to other RomComs that is. That scene though with him shirtless and being poked by Mai was my favorite!
Oct 4, 2018 7:46 PM

Jul 2016
I got some Oregairu x Monogatari vibes in this episode. Looking forward this one will turn out.
Oct 4, 2018 8:49 PM

May 2015
this season is turning out to be one of the best
Oct 4, 2018 9:10 PM

Oct 2008
Now this is quite different!
it has Sagrada Reset vibes because of supernatural themes and of course same VA MC Ishikawa Kaito.
let's see how this goes....but wow huh...MAL scored this as 7.90 even if its just episode 1?!? (3k people already scored this)
5/5.

Edit: a lot of comment comparing/has similarities to Oregairu huh..
matias067Oct 4, 2018 9:16 PM

Oct 4, 2018 10:38 PM

Jun 2017
Whoa, never thought think I'd get teally interested in this Anime

So, basically, the bunny girl is slowly losing her existence...

Can't wait for next episode

7/10 for this episode
Oct 4, 2018 10:47 PM
Nov 2011
Zzz how can anyone compare this to oregairu, the dialogue is so poorly written. Most of the character interactions are flat af.
Oct 4, 2018 11:01 PM
Aug 2018
overall it was a good episode. The plot is well set up .

I am really looking forward to the next episode as There are many possibilities that where the show will lead us to.
I would give it 7/10 for now.
Oct 4, 2018 11:19 PM
Jan 2015
Interesting story and premise so far, I like the hint of mystery. Felt pretty bad about the little sister's situation, poor girl is very traumatized(Fuck Bullies). I like the two leads so far as well, especially Sakuta. I really enjoy MC's who carry a calm demeanor and a have wicked sense of humor, not to mention how savage he can be, like when his best friend's gf tried to tell him not to hang out with him anymore due to his poor reputation, but Sakuta brushed her off and called her out on her bitchy attitude with saying she was on her period LOL.
My Queens

Oct 5, 2018 12:34 AM

Aug 2018
This was a slow start. I do not know if i understood the plot yet, but if i did, this is going to be a good series.
1ep 8/10
HENTAI
IS
ART
Oct 5, 2018 5:12 AM
Jan 2017
DarcyD said:
Gives me clannad vibes like the side story of the girl who disappeared. Now the explanation doesn't really gel but it's still interesting plus I love the art. MC is a dick but at least he's interesting, which is desperately needed (looking at YOU DEMON LORD). Can't wait to keep watching!
How is the mc a dick?
Oct 5, 2018 8:01 AM
Oct 2018
i found that anime ver gives a far different feeling than manga ver. for me manga ver is better, anime dont pack much thrill and less mysterious, at glance make it looks like a harem romcom. but its just started, and probably its getting better consider 21 ch into 12 eps so its not rushing
Oct 5, 2018 9:06 AM
Jul 2015
Just by looking at the seasonal anime list, I'd thought it be trash. But after seeing ChibiReviews talk about, and hearing same author of Pet Girl, I had to give it a shot.

Pretty good first episode. Has a mystery to it, like the MC and how he can be serious most of the time, yet have his moments of hilariousness and bluntness like one of my fav MC's, 8man.

Pretty sure the show is already telling us he forgets about her, but if that's a season finale or mid-season thing, who knows. Not sure what to expect, but hope it's a good time.
Oct 5, 2018 9:31 AM

Nov 2014
I don't know if anyone felt this, but this episode gave me a kinda haruhi suzumiya vibe(even though it's completely different).
SHIIIIZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Oct 5, 2018 10:05 AM
Mar 2017
This reminded me of Oregairu and Classroom of the Elite since the MC's have a similar approach to their environment and the people around them. I'm just hoping the characters will develop in an interesting way as the anime progresses.
Oct 5, 2018 10:32 AM

Sep 2008
It was so boring I had to take a break halfway through the episode.
Oct 5, 2018 10:46 AM
Nov 2016
I am intrigued.

I had heard some good things about this series and turns out that's true.

Strong exposition from the main character, curious to see where this goes.
Oct 5, 2018 11:33 AM
Aug 2018
It wasn't bad, it was entertaining enough for me to want to check out the next episode ^_^
Oct 5, 2018 11:44 AM

Jun 2017
Looks pretty interesting, not bad at all (yet)
Oct 5, 2018 11:50 AM

Dec 2015
Honestly? I loved everything about this episode. The pacing, story, dialogue and specially because the characters personalities weren't childish as most animes out there.
BetterTasteOct 6, 2018 11:07 AM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is no one talking about the dub being announced… No hype?

SorryNT - Aug 28

35 by Mystogan14579 »»
Sep 19, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

230 by Pepista »»
Sep 17, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

531 by ItsRizzmi »»
Sep 13, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

233 by FlameyWT »»
Sep 9, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2018

194 by FlameyWT »»
Sep 9, 7:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.