Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 30, 2017 6:41 PM

Dec 2009
Um why? I thought it ended just fine in the second season . . . . usually I'm fine with continuations but not this time.

Kind of been over Free! for a while, can't they move on and do something new now?

Oct 30, 2017 9:03 PM

Apr 2011
Zelev said:
Hereditus said:
Why have a new season of gay swimmers when we can have a new season of gay musicians?

...Lol, I see what you did there.

Can't believe it took me 1 whole day to actually realise what he meant.
Oct 30, 2017 9:23 PM

Jan 2010
me_here_me_there said:
Now I do tend to think that KyoAni will announce 5 seasons of Free more, and one of them will eventually contain a MakoHaru wedding. Can't be surprised about anything at this point. 8,DDD

AMEN TO THAT <333

Aah I couldn't wait for 2018!
Oct 30, 2017 10:04 PM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
Zelev said:

...Lol, I see what you did there.

So... what did he mean?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 30, 2017 10:18 PM

Apr 2011
Zelev said:
yhunata said:

So... what did he mean?

Hibike! Euphonium. I completely forgot that gay can also be talking about lesbians.
Oct 31, 2017 12:47 AM

May 2014
This is the news I wanted without even knowing I wanted it.

I have been wanting that Yuri on Ice season 2 announcement, but this is sufficient enough to keep me going for now. I'm curious as to what the 3rd season will actually focus on though- will we get to see aged up versions of everyone, or at least Haru and Makoto in college? That'd be cool! *o*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2017 3:04 AM

Dec 2016
FINALLY!!! I waiting for this for two years!!
Oct 31, 2017 6:00 AM

Mar 2008
Good news finally! bad news for haters xD

Oct 31, 2017 8:13 AM

Aug 2016
weki said:
this is great news for US not for irrelevant people who don’t care to watch the series first and judge too fast.

can u stop remarking "us" like if u are some cult of trash animes
Oct 31, 2017 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
I never expected this but yay!!!!!

I am interested in Haru/Rin/Makoto's storyline.

But I really hope they pay equal time to Rei, Nagisa, Gou and the new team. Rei is my fav so I hope for good stuff for him.
Oct 31, 2017 10:51 AM

Oct 2017
Cool! Free is a decent anime, i like it for what it's worth. Glad to hear it's getting another season next summer. Seen some of the older seasons, need to finish them.
Oct 31, 2017 1:19 PM

Jun 2008
I have mixed feelings about this, but i'm still glad we get more Free.
Oct 31, 2017 8:00 PM
Aug 2017
ItsXolo said:
ItsXolo said:

throw a bone? have you seen how much fujo stuff comes out each season?

as far as fujo stuff goes, free isn't that bad though, so it's whatever.

Just this season alone:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/35818/Love_Kome__We_Love_Rice_2nd_Season
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35923/Ame-iro_Cocoa_Series__Ame-con
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34771/Dynamic_Chord
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34411/Taishou_Chicchai-san
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34474/Tsukipro_The_Animation
https://myanimelist.net/anime/34915/The_iDOLMSTER_SideM
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35251/Sengoku_Night_Blood
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31456/Code_Realize__Sousei_no_Himegimi

There's probably more, that's just the stuff that's immediately obvious from the cover art.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

Please don't lump otome fans with fujoshi. Some of the shows you listed are reverse harem and adapted from otome game. Not every show full of bishounen is for fujoshi, those shows' s target are women and not every woman is fujoshi.
Himawari9Oct 31, 2017 8:03 PM
Nov 1, 2017 4:26 AM

Aug 2014
RIN X GOU, OTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS FINALLY GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!!!
Nov 1, 2017 5:03 AM

Aug 2015
I thought there couldn't be anything worse than ecchi anime.

Boy was i wrong.
Nov 1, 2017 5:35 AM

May 2013
Oh my, good news!
Can't waittt :o

Nov 1, 2017 6:25 AM

May 2010
Salt in this thread is delicious >D

Can't wait for moar wet bishies <3
Nov 1, 2017 8:00 AM

Jun 2016
OH MY GOD- IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING-

I missed the boys and the wonderful animation so much! Especially my cinnamon roll, Nagisa! I honestly love the way Season 2 ended, but I'll always welcome new Free! anime. I haven't seen any of the 3 movies since they are not available online yet, but I'm so excited to watch them and wait for the next season! So blessed!

Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Nov 1, 2017 8:29 AM
Sep 2017
And the girl fans will said : yeaaahhh
And the boys fans will said : hoeekkss
Nov 1, 2017 12:07 PM

Jun 2017
BITCH YES!
I AM SO READY! <3
Nov 1, 2017 12:25 PM

Dec 2016
Oh my gosh, I'm the happiest girl on earth!
My favorite Anime is going to have a third season, wohooooooooo!

Nov 2, 2017 9:46 AM

Mar 2009
Didn't I already say I love KyoAni?! ♥
Can't wait for summer to see my boys ♥♥♥
KatienNov 2, 2017 3:23 PM
Nov 2, 2017 10:06 AM

Mar 2013
Such good news ^^^^
Nov 2, 2017 10:09 AM

Jul 2013
MY BODY IS READYYYYYY~!!!!!!

Seriously tho, I'm so happy ;______;
Nov 2, 2017 12:53 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
I'm pretty sure that if the guys were girls instead, the haters here will be praising this anime to no end and will be crying tears of joy at this news.
LeonhartAugustNov 7, 2017 9:08 PM
Nov 2, 2017 2:43 PM
Mar 2017
Yesss!!!!!! Free is my favourite sports anime done by my favourite studio, I 'm extremly pleased. So much to look forward to next year <3
Nov 2, 2017 3:38 PM
Aug 2017
MY BODY IS READY!!

Nov 2, 2017 4:10 PM

Dec 2012
I received an email notification from MAL about Free! Season 3 and I swear I thought I was dreaming!!! I literally screamed and jumped out of bed in excitement!!!! Best news to wake up to!!!! Free is such a beautiful, sweet, divinely animated story and you bet your tush I'm excited for this!!!!! Makoto chwan!! Haru!!! Nagisa! Rei! Rin! Can't wait to see you all again!!! Summer 2018 get here quick!!!
hanamori7Nov 2, 2017 4:13 PM
hahaha Naru, also how I felt when I learned how to read all my Kana. Barakamon is everything!!:'D

Nov 2, 2017 11:00 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Infatuate said:
Looks like dragon maid was a one time thing. Kyoani back to their antics.

They're just swapping one fanservice anime for another fanservice anime. You just sound mad because this one is aimed to women...

Nov 2, 2017 11:16 PM

Dec 2012
quercifolia said:
Infatuate said:
Looks like dragon maid was a one time thing. Kyoani back to their antics.

They're just swapping one fanservice anime for another fanservice anime. You just sound mad because this one is aimed to women...

sure dragon maid is a 'fanservice' anime. dont you see how the main theme of it revolves around having the girls on their swimsuits?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 2, 2017 11:52 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Infatuate said:
quercifolia said:

sure dragon maid is a 'fanservice' anime. dont you see how the main theme of it revolves around having the girls on their swimsuits?

What, like this?

How terrible for people that are swimming to be in a swimsuit! Naughty fanservice! We should tell those Haikyuu volleyball players off next, since they spend way too much time playing with their balls. `u`

Nov 3, 2017 12:49 AM

Jul 2014
So its returning! - the lovely bromance with a little bit of fanservice yes!!!! I can smell the ships already (sniff sniff). So now So now we only need Octopimp to abridge it and....oh wait...nevermind T_T. Sadly 50% off is the only good thing to come out of it. Guess I'll never get to know what happened in the Haruverse or did Tsugisa graduated from highschool T_T

Nov 3, 2017 6:32 AM

Dec 2012
quercifolia said:
Infatuate said:

What, like this?

How terrible for people that are swimming to be in a swimsuit! Naughty fanservice! We should tell those Haikyuu volleyball players off next, since they spend way too much time playing with their balls. `u`

I'll bold the word revolves just for you.

Nov 4, 2017 12:18 AM

Sep 2013
Good for the one who liked the show, i'll see it anyway, but i don't understand what is so good about it. (the fact that i was an athlete at high level during my teens probably play a big part about don't find any real good part about the show, except the bromance, that is actually funny to watch)
While you shitpost about other taste, i watch or read stuff :D
Nov 4, 2017 4:19 AM
Nov 5, 2017 2:17 PM

Feb 2017
Really unnecessary but very well received by every fangirl in that numerous fandom. KyoAni has one of the most impressive technologies and artistic talents of recent years, but as always, prefer to secure their pockets with animes that can be devoured more easily than really betting on new alternatives. It's sad.
Nov 5, 2017 7:49 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Infatuate said:
quercifolia said:

What, like this?

It revolves around swimming, which is usually done in a *GASP* swimsuit

omg

how did I not know this

shocking

Nov 6, 2017 5:22 AM

Dec 2012
quercifolia said:
Infatuate said:

omg

how did I not know this

shocking

That small fact blows your comparison of the one beach episode out of the water though, which was the whole point of that remark. I already knew you were gonna mention that one dragon maid episode. Why are you dumb people so predictable? Sigh...

Nov 6, 2017 3:15 PM

Aug 2011
Seeing how angry this news makes some people is making me so happy lmfao. You can call it fanservice, fujobait, whatever you want really, it doesn't change the fact that it's still getting made so seethe.

That said, I'm not sure how to feel about this. Rin (& Haru, sometimes) are the only mildly interesting characters this series has, the rest of the cast is very one-note and bland. So I hope they focus on those two (or develop their other characters lol).
Nov 6, 2017 11:35 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
Infatuate said:
quercifolia said:

omg

how did I not know this

shocking

That small fact blows your comparison of the one beach episode out of the water though, which was the whole point of that remark. I already knew you were gonna mention that one dragon maid episode. Why are you dumb people so predictable? Sigh...

I don't even care about dragon maid, haven't watched it. I was only really unfairly attacking it for a stupid and nonsensical because you were also unfairly attacking free, for a stupid and nonsensical reason.

I still fail to see how an anime about swimming is a dirty fanservice anime, just because you have to wear a swimsuit to swim.

Single fanservice episode non-withstanding. By that logic dragon maid is a fanservice anime because there is a maid wearing a maid outfit.

And maids are purely there to serve people's fetish. Sound ridiculous? Well that's how your arguement sounds.

Also, nice job on the ad hominem. Some of the best I've seen in a while.

Nov 8, 2017 11:18 PM

Oct 2009
I just want my MakoGou to happen. That IS ALL I WANT 😭😭😭😭 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

or maybe a SouGou. JUST MAKE SOMEONE CANON WITH GOU PLEASEuuuuhh! She has chemistry with everyone lmao

Nov 8, 2017 11:27 PM

Dec 2012
Happy I can see my boys again. Why isn't the cast revealed? I won't stand for a Free without Makoto.
Nov 9, 2017 2:09 AM
Oct 2017
I really liked free...it may be a little...weird in some points but it was a great story about friendship and we learn to find out our dreams and never stop chasing them...READY FOR 3RD S
(the opening were so gooooddd)
Nov 11, 2017 5:25 AM
May 2017
But what is it going to be about?
The past or life after graduating??
Nov 11, 2017 5:20 PM
Jul 2017
wow I cant believe summer is gonna be relevant again.
Nov 14, 2017 7:45 AM

Mar 2016
ZetaZaku said:

Because people think that this ruined the chance of KyoAni ever making a third season. (KyoAni doesn't care about Haruhi, Free is more likely of getting a third season than Haruhi)

How does it feel to predict the future?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2017 6:09 AM

Jul 2009
nicoyaasawa said:
shanimebib said:

You have to understand that unlike Free! neither of the two titles are owned by KyoAni. Besides Free! is one of the biggest franchise of KyoAni. It's anime like Free! or Chuunibyou that would generate the revenue to take up projects like Maid Dragon in the future. Although I adored Maid Dragon, I was actually worried that it might enter red. Luckily it didn't.

To put it into perspective, compare the discs sold per volume for first season:
Free! 29.1 K
Chuunibyou 15.7K
Hibike! 8.3K
Maid Dragon 3.5K

Although there are other factors involved which are often disregarded, for instances production budget, manpower used, third party/ outsourcing (not usually applicable for KyoAni as they produce anime in house), IP, TV airing slot, TV stations involved, online broadcasting, licensing, merchandises, events, theatre releases and so on.

Sales aside, Free! and Chuunibyou are owned by KyoAni. The entire profit goes to their pocket. Hibike! is owned by Takarajima. Maid Dragon is owned by Monthly Action. That itself is a bigger reason for KyoAni to go for Free! and Chuunibyou over Hibike! and Maid Dragon. However, Hibike! actually had a significant profit margin. On top of that, all of the events were basically sold out. Also, the production value allowed KyoAni to add 5 mins of new content and release recap movies in the theatres, adding more monetary values to the franchise. I think these prompted KyoAni to announce not only one but two new movies in 2018, excluding the fact that the people involved with the production of Hibike!, including a couple of renowned ones, said they loved working on it like nothing else in their career.

Unfortunately for Maid Dragon, none of these apply. I doubt whether there would ever be any sequel. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Basically the same as above.

In fact, Maid Dragon was never that much of a big hit in Japan and it didn’t make as much of a fuss as it did overseas. So it’s not that surprising. Popularity is a thing they will always focus on in Japan lol

Finally someone said it. Disc sales talk so much.

Think of it this way. You can afford to buy 1 blu-ray each season and you WILL buy one blu-ray each season. There are 20 comedy/gag animes, 10 ecchi/harem animes, 10 adventure/action animes, and only 1 or 2 aimed at women (especially fujoshi)
If you like comedy, the 1 of the 20 comedy anime will get your money, the other 19 will not. If you like ecchi, 1 in 10. If you are a woman, 1 in 2.
If the show is good, it's guaranteed that women will buy blu-rays and merch of their favorite series.

There's also few competitor. Beside Yoi and Free, there's almost no high quality sports anime that's specially targeted at women. Yes, shonen sports anime have many female fans, but in the end their main demographic is still teenage boys.
KyokutouDec 9, 2017 6:13 AM
Jan 17, 2018 8:16 AM

Jul 2015
Faederwulf said:
yhunata said:

Dude, 90% of all entrepreneurs of a profit-seeking organisation will put profit before quality. Of the remaining 10%, 9% will put profit before quality so long as the the product does not actively harm its consumers. That's not a KyoAni thing. It's a business thing.

I'm well aware of this, but it's a modern and greedy approach to business. History has known many eras where creators of entertainment put quality before profit.

Mayuka said:

free! is quality, what are you talking about? smh

edit: this isn't sarcasm, i actually mean it. an anime about reaching your dreams with a dash of sports and with a loveable cast of characters. it's rare to have that especially with a huge fanbase that is fueling it's sequels and movies. i appreciate this series for how far they've come.

It's just boys and fanservice. Even K-ON at least had a comfy atmosphere.

but k-on is boring af and has really bland characters at least in the first season
Jan 17, 2018 8:22 AM

Jul 2015
Makoto better be one of the main focus and no rinharu
Jan 17, 2018 8:28 PM

Jan 2011
i treat kyonani like platinum games gotta pump out whatever pays the bills and once in a while they can do something new/really good ,though i still like Hyouka, Nichjou is nothing but a pipe dream it's been 6 years since Hyouka 6!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

24 by YoshiKiller01 »»
11 minutes ago

» 'Shy 2nd Season' Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - 19 minutes ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
19 minutes ago

» 'Sengoku Youko: Senma Konton-hen' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, Character Promo

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

1 by autumn_sky96 »»
22 minutes ago

» Studio Bind Adapts 'Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - 8 hours ago

20 by RobertBobert »»
40 minutes ago

» Animation Studio Gainax Declares Bankruptcy

Vindstot - Jun 9

33 by malvarez1 »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.