Forum Settings
Forums

Have you had an anime series that made you bust out laughing on several occasions?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 18, 2017 7:03 AM

Oct 2016
plastic neesan is the best one so far (maybe its because i watched it together with like 5-6 of my friends)

Konosuba season 2 got a honorable mention.
Jun 18, 2017 7:11 AM

Apr 2017
oryouohagi said:
sunako199 said:
lol not really plus who doesn't know that minami is just one of those plain trash annoying tsunderes

Minami's cute as hell.
Getting hurt physically gives you that EDGE you need in everyday life.
If you don't get it, you know where the door is.
lol who fuckin see tsunderes like her cute except for masochists like you and with or without getting it i'll voluntarily exit the door

still life: pink roses
Jun 18, 2017 7:19 AM
Jun 2016
Angel beats
- one episode, I think episode 5

Relife
- I dunno why I'm thinking about this one.. maybe cause when I watched it, I was in a good mood

Konosuba - I saw many people having this one on. I'm like at half episodes of season 1 and haven't laugh.. those the funny part come after?
Jun 18, 2017 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
I swear I am the only person here who has never bursted out laughing from an anime

In fact I never burst out laughing from any medium

Getting me to burst out laughing without other people irl being involved would be really hard
Jun 18, 2017 9:57 AM

Aug 2010
sunako199 said:
oryouohagi said:

Minami's cute as hell.
Getting hurt physically gives you that EDGE you need in everyday life.
If you don't get it, you know where the door is.
lol who fuckin see tsunderes like her cute except for masochists like you and with or without getting it i'll voluntarily exit the door

Well, that's good!
I think anime girls who are dishonest with themselves are the shit!
Not so much for IRL girls...
Glad you found that shitty door!
Jun 18, 2017 10:29 AM

Aug 2015
Gintama
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Nichijou (I've only seen the first few episodes but pure gold)
Gakuen Handsome (omg, those chins)
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Barakamon (Naru is so cute)

Gintama and Gekkan top it off since those are on my favourites list.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Jun 18, 2017 10:50 AM

Dec 2014
SnK after 16 episodes I concluded it was a joke. Sadly it was a horrible joke in the end.
5 Centimeters per second - I laughed their "struggle" because I saw it childish. I stil lhold this opinion (I have been through a distant relationship 2 years with meetings of 1 or 2 per 3 months)
Code Geass - it was good, and when Lelouch did something and it was soo obvious that like literally everything from ep. 3 it felt kinda boring (except for 2-3 which made me laugh)

Off topic, but I mentioned my relationship, and it brought forth the need to watch the Twilight saga :O. I can recommend it to those who like comedy animes. It's a bit bad in visual qualities, but the setting and the plot is so grotesque that it made me laugh more than some overhyped comedy anime like: OPman, Yaoi on Fire!!, Mayoiga
Jun 18, 2017 10:52 AM

Dec 2014
8797 said:
Yeah, of course. Charlotte made me laugh at how bad it was :D

Though the show that made me laugh heaps for non-flame reasons, was easily Gintama. I don't think anything comes close for me.

Whenever you see the Shogun pop up in the show, you know it's going to be good.
Charlotte did nothing wrong. Fight me if you can! (Objective reasoning required or else I declare you as a baka.)
Jun 18, 2017 10:54 AM

Jul 2009
Most recently:
- Hoozuki no Reitetsu
- Ansatsu Kyoshitsu

All time:
- Ouran Koukou Host Club
- Noragami (not gonna lie, I laughed hysterically at some scenes)
- Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge
- Kuroshitsuji
- Durarara
- Haikyuu and Kuroko had their moments
Jun 18, 2017 10:55 AM

Jan 2017
oryouohagi said:
sunako199 said:

Well, that's good!

He's obviously trolling you cause no one would actually think Himeji is best girl over minami right?hes trolling right?
Jun 18, 2017 11:01 AM

Jan 2017
Karlstein_L-11 said:
8797 said:

Though the show that made me laugh heaps for non-flame reasons, was easily Gintama. I don't think anything comes close for me.

Charlotte did nothing wrong. Fight me if you can! (Objective reasoning required or else I declare you as a baka.)
Karlstein_L-11 said:
8797 said:

Woah there...I didn't know there were people who enjoyed Charlotte tbh😂Just for curiosity sake do you also think anime like Aldnoah Zero and SAO are well written shows?Do you think the ending to angel beats was well done?
Jun 18, 2017 11:40 AM

Aug 2010
Che5568 said:
oryouohagi said:

Well, that's good!

He's obviously trolling you cause no one would actually think Himeji is best girl over minami right?hes trolling right?

I think he might be a normie. That's worse than trolls or hentai freaks...
Jun 18, 2017 11:56 AM

Jan 2017
oryouohagi said:
Che5568 said:

I think he might be a normie. That's worse than trolls or hentai freaks...

He has to be either a normie or a pleeb...if it's the former then I hope he gets treatment
Jun 18, 2017 12:17 PM

Jun 2016
KonoSuba, almost all the time, probably the funniest anime of all time.
Jun 18, 2017 2:37 PM

Dec 2014
Che5568 said:
Karlstein_L-11 said:
Karlstein_L-11 said:

Woah there...I didn't know there were people who enjoyed Charlotte tbh😂Just for curiosity sake do you also think anime like Aldnoah Zero and SAO are well written shows?Do you think the ending to angel beats was well done?
OK now you nailed another thing: Aldnoah. Yes I like it, and it is good in my eyes (has it's flaws, not a masterpiece) but it beats Code Geass for me and I don't think I underrate Code Geass too much (yeah I underrate it cause I use a 10 point system in MaL :O /sidenote: I'm revising my list so no scores are present at this time/)
(The creators said before Charlotte that they want to fix Angel Beats's issues, and I will refer to this statement later as: "the statement")
So:
Angel Beats! ending: good
Why am I complaining about the show: it had nothing to do with the ending. If the show was something ike clannad, where outside of the jokes and happy moments here and there drama was the main thing. Or in Charotte: the statement said they wil lfix staff, so they fixed it. It is not over the place, with an inconsistent story, it is a solid build up, to multiple! dramatic moments, not just one which was in the end, and thatswhy everyone in their a*** remembers it and overrates it.

Look at Angel Beats flaw list:
  • way too many character
  • small episode count
  • most of the time almost episodic
  • it seems the the creatos had way too many ideas for the show and tried to put them all into the show

so what Charlotte did according to the statement:
  • smaller cast
  • they coudn't help the episode count, but at least they lowred the "filler staff" like bands playing
  • at first it isa little bit episodic likefor 3 eps, then it all adds up int ONE storyline
  • they knew what they wanted and didn't implement 100 other staff (finding god, black ghosts, 20th characcter suddenly gets a whole episode)

So what did Charlotte miss that Angel Beats did well?
Ending? Maybe. If you look at it the way that the MC got everything but suddenly lost everything too, it is a bit phylosophycal and ironic (though I know msot ppl don't think about it this way), but Angel Beats literally took the "symol" and put it into your hand with a discription to go with it. It was so literal..
The "feels" (dramatic level) wasn't that high?
Well yes, if you consider that AB flushed everything down the toilet with its pacing then threw and All-in last minute and it worked yes.
Charlotte peaked in the middle with the most well done character development episode that I've seen (talking about single episode not whole anime, cause I know you will mention staff like: Okabe, Shinichi). Peaking in the middle has it's danger that tóyou have to watch a show where the highlight already happened. But it was well written, not like AB.

As for SAO: I haven't sen it , only my flatmate had. He said it has 2 good and 2 terrible arcs , and most likely I wil lrate it at the middle-slightly low range (5-4 points in my 10 point system).

As for how well writte Aldnoah is? It has problems with its plot. (And if you ask then why am I ratign it higher than Codde Geass, then the answer is that CG-s way of handling characters is one of the worst way anime has ever done to it's characters)
Jun 18, 2017 3:31 PM

Apr 2017
Che5568 said:
oryouohagi said:

Well, that's good!

i didn't even mention himeji here lol what i'm saying is i hate shit tsunderes just how idiotic are you? and there's what we call gender on my profile.

still life: pink roses
Jun 18, 2017 5:26 PM

May 2017
My experience in comedy anime isn't that great, but yeah this would be my list:

- B Gata H Kei
- Gintama (I almost died of laughter during the episode in wich Gintoki dressed as Makoto-Chan xD)
- Watamote
- Detroit Metal City
- Gugure! Kokkuri-san
- Inuyasha
- Inu x Boku SS (whenever Kagerou appeared, specially his ending theme lol)

And now I'm enjoying Hoozuki no Reitetsu which is really funny to me.

“Never forget what you are, for
surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness.
Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
Jun 18, 2017 6:52 PM

Jan 2011
Nichijou had me laughing a bunch of times and I would love to watch it yet again for more fun.
Jun 18, 2017 7:31 PM

Jun 2014
Havent seen it mentioned yet-- My personal favorite comedy, had me laughing at every episode: Yakitate!! Japan

Tanaka-kun is another one of my favorite SoL comedies. The humor is just as funny as Sakamoto, but the tone in Tanaka-kun is a stark opposite. Tanaka-kun is also both funny at times, but also heartwarming at times.
Jun 18, 2017 10:14 PM

Feb 2014
The Dub for Ghost Stories, absolutely amazing.
"So wave goodbye to the hope we were born with, and say farewell to the chance of surviving this holocaust of love, this age of lost souls, but I'm holding on with both hands and I'm never letting go."
Jun 18, 2017 10:21 PM

Jun 2015
Seconding the Ghost Stories dub and Gakuen Handsome.
Also The Secret World of Arietty. I was on pretty hardcore painkillers at the time tho.
Jun 18, 2017 10:24 PM
Dec 2015
Its rare for me to burst out laughing but there are moments in one piece that have accomplished this. Others are
My bride is a mermaid
Kill la kill
Ouran host club
Moments in toradora and assassination classroom
Jun 18, 2017 10:57 PM

Mar 2017
Carnival Phantasm, it was pure gold.
Also, Konosuba.
Jun 19, 2017 12:11 AM
Mar 2014
Seikon no Qwaser had that effect on me(specifically I, not II. Fuck II, don't watch that).
Jun 19, 2017 2:23 AM

Jul 2014
Konosuba
Gintama
Barakamon/Handa-kun
Nichijou
Hataraku Maou-sama
Prison School
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan
Sakamoto desu ga?
Jun 19, 2017 2:29 AM

Jan 2016
Gintama and Prison School

Jun 19, 2017 2:33 AM

Jun 2011
Saiki Kusuo no Psinan!
Definitely the funniest anime I've ever seen. Made me laugh out loud many times.
Jun 19, 2017 2:49 AM

Mar 2015
Many anime made me laugh out loud. Since you are looking for actual comedies, I would recommend Gintama, Sakamoto Desu ga? and Golden Boy.
Jun 19, 2017 2:50 AM

Apr 2016
Gintama made me laugh and cry multiple times.

Jun 19, 2017 4:58 AM

Jul 2015
Baka to Test
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Gintama
Great Teacher Onizuka
Current favourite: [Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo]
Jun 19, 2017 5:14 AM
Jan 2017
I have a very weird sense of humour so the only anime that has managed to crack that is... Danshi koukousei no nichijo
Signatureless
Jun 19, 2017 5:20 AM
Jan 2016
Konosuba, High school DxD, Prison School, D-Frag are just a couple i can think of from the top of my head.
Jun 19, 2017 5:23 AM

Apr 2017
For some reason, I laughed so Badly in Baka to Test especially that Manly Talk and The whole stupidity methods by Akihisa xD

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jun 19, 2017 10:37 AM

Nov 2011
Hoozuku no Reitetsu made me laugh constantly :D

Jun 19, 2017 12:01 PM

Feb 2015
The one I'm watching right now... Ao no Exorcist, its so bad all I can do is laugh... :/

Also the somewhat yaoi bait in the first half or something... :/

Jun 19, 2017 12:03 PM

Feb 2015
Joshiraku. I like weird Japanese humor and cute girls are a pleasant bonus.
Jun 19, 2017 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
Seto no Hanayome
Noucome
One Piece
School Rumble

those 4 are easily the best comedy anime in existence, hands down
Jun 19, 2017 1:41 PM

Nov 2015
A lot, and i mean a lot. But School Rumble, to this day, is still probably the one that does so the most, and more often than others. No matter how many times i watch it.
Jun 19, 2017 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
If I have to name some then
-Gintama
-GTO
-Danshi Kokosei
-Gabriel Dropout
-KonoSuba
-Hataraku Maou Sama
-My Mental Choices Are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy
-www.WORKING
Jun 19, 2017 1:49 PM

Jul 2015
None
Japan have shit sense of humor :/
Jun 19, 2017 1:50 PM

Apr 2016
Nichijou for sure. So absurd and good.

Jun 19, 2017 2:00 PM

Apr 2017
It's hard to make me laugh but I believe these have managed to.

Prison School (mainly the manga that I read before the watching the anime though)
Toradora
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Jun 19, 2017 2:12 PM

Dec 2015
Dragon Ball, then its manga later when I got the chance to rediscover the jokes with no censorship.
Urusei Yatsura.
Lupin III on few occasions (I still smile rewatching them)
Ranma 1/2.
Also, this american-french (maybe japanese too?) animation show with a street cats gang and a fat red-haired house cat.

More recently, Furi Kuri when I watched it for the 1st time 15years ago.

Had I first watched Suzumiya Haruhi shows before reading the books, I would have probably had good laughs. (they happened during reading though).
While I'm at manga: early Naruto and Bleach, Azumanga Daïô, Dr.Slump, Cowa, City Hunter , certain tomes of the Onizuka Eikichi saga, maybe Genshiken too gave me numerous laughs.
Jun 19, 2017 2:37 PM

Oct 2009
Two that come to mind are Gintama and Strawberry Marshmallow.
Jun 19, 2017 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
Che5568 said:
After looking for a good comedy series for about 30 minutes now I'm realizing that 75% of the shows in the comedy sections aren't comedies at all and just throw comedy in the tag because why not.The only shows I could see in there that had me laughing out loud was
-Nichijou
-Daily life of high school boys
-Prison School
-Plastic Nee-San
-Baka to test
-Yuru Yuri
-konosuba
So I'm curious if you guys have had any shows that actually made you laugh out loud instead of just chuckles here and there.

I seen a lot of comedy anime that made me laugh but these two had me laughing my ass off.

My Bride is a Mermaid.

Sora No Otoshimono series
Jun 19, 2017 4:39 PM

May 2017
seto no hanayome hands down for making me laugh a lot for real, after that the rest is meh
Jun 19, 2017 5:06 PM

Oct 2015
Sora no Otoshimono really makes me laugh. But all of the jokes are dirty jokes so I don't think all people can take it.
"Look... It's a gigantic killing spirit and you just a woman with an invicible Holy Excalibur. Just sit down and watch me, a man who don't know any martial arts and can't use magic will beat it."
Jun 19, 2017 5:11 PM
Oct 2015
Mars of destruction I almost died from laughing.
Jun 19, 2017 5:27 PM
May 2015
I laughed when
...................................................................................

Is that her name? Been forever since I last watched it.

EDIT; oh shit I forgot to put in a spoiler :o gomen
jeikobu11Jun 19, 2017 6:00 PM
Jun 19, 2017 5:31 PM

Oct 2015
jeikobu11 said:
I laughed when
...................................................................................

Is that her name? Been forever since I last watched it.

EDIT; oh shit I forgot to put in a spoiler :o gomen

You might want to say what it is you're spoiling.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 3 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

143 by enigmasauce »»
1 minute ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts? ( 1 2 )

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 5

68 by Ain2Zwei »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime That Took a While to Enjoy

Jackof-allspades - 6 minutes ago

0 by Jackof-allspades »»
6 minutes ago

» What's your most anticipated anime from summer 2024 ?

ZXEAN - Today

29 by SouthRzVa »»
7 minutes ago

» A character who is impossible to love?

torsan88 - Jun 6

34 by DesuMaiden »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.