Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 7, 2017 2:13 AM

Sep 2016
Hydra_X9K said:
God you haters are triggering. Why not be positive or optimistic for a change? Look, I agree the finger sucking part was weird, but the animation is great. Most of you guys are making it sound like it's much worse than it is.

Look, I'm not defending this anime at all, you guys are entitled to your opinions. But why do you guys have to be so negative?

I'm probably gonna get nothing but insults and backlash as replies so fuck it. I'm done ranting.
why do you have to be so blindly positive? go to reddit if you want fake-positive forum (because of upvote system). MAL is good because a lot of people don't give a shit about sugarcoating, nothing to lose for being honest.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 7, 2017 2:21 AM
Feb 2012
was this animated in the early 00s but for some reason released in 2017? because lol
Apr 7, 2017 2:28 AM

Jan 2017
i mightjust be at the intro... but the animation department deserves a larger budget to project a full(er[but not really to the -er]) (erencompassization) of the creators' intention.

edit watched
lazy pilot yea?
studio test market fail
potential wasted??????????
PrisonBrakedanceApr 7, 2017 3:04 AM
I am the harem MC
Apr 7, 2017 2:44 AM

Jun 2014

I'll watch the whole thing anyways, because the clockwork theme and setting are charming, and it got some cheap laughs out of me.
Apr 7, 2017 3:13 AM

May 2010
I gotta say its a shame that a show which initially had a somewhat interesting world and premise had to go the "sexslave robot with drooling teenage kid " route.

It could have been sooo much better..what a way to throw away all that potential.
i no longer see the value in this.

dropped.
Apr 7, 2017 3:24 AM

Aug 2016
Might as well make it an ecchi anime because that is pretty much what it has going for it. The only thing reminding me that it's a modern anime is the gear cgi.

MC is annoying and the character designs reminds me of 2000s anime. Savage robot girl and tsudere loli are pretty much what's keeping me interested. Oh and fanservice(coz to hell with this rushed plot)

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Apr 7, 2017 3:47 AM

Jun 2013
THAT WAS REALLY BORING
Apr 7, 2017 4:13 AM

Mar 2009
Zahylon said:
Nier:Automata ~Gaiden~

Premise seemed fine, Artwork of the LN looked good.

But, the art itself of the anime...
it feels like watching some 2004 eroge adaption. The first 10 minutes of the episode, the art feels so wrong... the CG is suprisingly good, but the 2D animation feels so cheap...

Well, generic premise, Saving the world.

On the good side:

+Yorha Unit Y1
+Gears everywhere
+Honest Straight Shota Protagonist
+Fingellatio

On the bad side:

-For the first 10 minutes, art feels horrible.
-Action scenes were CRINGY AF
-Xebec
-Lolis, but not like Tanya

On the Lulz Side:
>Saved by "Y" ...you dont' fool me, it's you again!! 'BEING X'

Some girl was even holding a black box in the ED. Yoko Taro needs to sue! :P
Apr 7, 2017 4:40 AM

Oct 2011
Lolimancer said:
Tokoya said:
What do you mean by this?

The art is pretty bad for scenes and faces look really off at times, especially considering when the LN has really good art. But that's subjective, the big problem is how rushed this is. Like, they are blazing through content way too quickly. The manga also has the same problem. This is the problem with Xebec as I've never been a big fan of how they adapt things.

I agree about the art when it comes to the characters - the backgrounds looked great. As for the pace - LN always are slower pace then anime since the medium is different. If you try to keep the original pace you might end up with something with a horrifyingly slow pace such as Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. The first episode's pace felt normal. Except for the finger liking scene - they gave it waaay too much screen time

Apr 7, 2017 4:56 AM

Oct 2014
2/5. First, Fast-paced. Compared to the original source the story came out so fast in just 22 minutes. Because of this the anime didn't show how much of a strong, competitive character Naoto is and how strong-will is RyuZU here.

Second, the animation. It looks bad. The background and the setting is quite cool for me but the character design really cringes the heck out of me. The CG is good though.

I don't have problems with the music, and I will probably still watch two episodes before deciding if I'll drop this;; But the episode is so disappointing. I hope this gets better.
Apr 7, 2017 6:02 AM

Nov 2011
zetaAenimus said:

"Until"? (Maybe my sarcasm detector needs new batteries?)

I actually thought this could be interesting, but that part just kind of took me out of it.

I'll keep watching for now, though.

Well I can't really call it childish anymore
Maybe not even dumb, 'cause it went full retard
Apr 7, 2017 7:10 AM

Sep 2015
I honestly thought this episodes pacing was fine. It certainly kept the humor of the LN/Manga which is very appreciated. Though Marie's redesign is something that gets rid of the uniqueness she has compared to the other females. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with this first episode. Again don't have confirmation on if it's gonna run just till summer or run through summer but if it's the latter the pacing seems great if out keeps it going as such.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
Apr 7, 2017 8:16 AM

Nov 2009
This is the first major disappointment of the season out of the show that I thought could be at least somewhat decent. This looks generic at best, terrible at worst, and that cancerous fanservice out of nowhere might just be the final nail. How disappointing.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 7, 2017 8:22 AM

Nov 2015
Was expecting something more gritty instead of cheesey. Still, I'll give it a chance.
Apr 7, 2017 8:32 AM
May 2014
I may have watched this.
then came the finger sucking scene.
then came the girl rushing out of her room without clothes.
Nop, that's a drop.
Apr 7, 2017 8:35 AM

Jan 2017
not that bad i give an 7.7/10 for the first ep
4/5
Apr 7, 2017 8:43 AM
Apr 2017
It was ok i will continue it
Apr 7, 2017 9:09 AM
Jun 2015
GangsterCat said:
Hydra_X9K said:
God you haters are triggering. Why not be positive or optimistic for a change? Look, I agree the finger sucking part was weird, but the animation is great. Most of you guys are making it sound like it's much worse than it is.

Look, I'm not defending this anime at all, you guys are entitled to your opinions. But why do you guys have to be so negative?

I'm probably gonna get nothing but insults and backlash as replies so fuck it. I'm done ranting.
why do you have to be so blindly positive? go to reddit if you want fake-positive forum (because of upvote system). MAL is good because a lot of people don't give a shit about sugarcoating, nothing to lose for being honest.

I'm just trying to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty. And I'm not being blindly positive I saw the first episode and enjoyed it. Is being positive really that wrong? Great community we have here.
Apr 7, 2017 9:14 AM

Sep 2016
Hydra_X9K said:
GangsterCat said:

I'm just trying to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty. And I'm not being blindly positive I saw the first episode and enjoyed it. Is being positive really that wrong? Great community we have here.
sure, go ahead, that's you, but don't complain when everyone isn't happy-go-lucky like you who only see everything in positive light.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 7, 2017 9:24 AM
Jun 2015
GangsterCat said:
Hydra_X9K said:

sure, go ahead, that's you, but don't complain when everyone isn't happy-go-lucky like you who only see everything in positive light.

Well that's a shame. I'm not a completely positive person, but being positive is better than being negative. I would pull the "Do you know how much work and effort went into this" stuff but it sounds like you dont even appreciate that. Whatever I'm done arguing, there's no point.
Apr 7, 2017 9:45 AM

Dec 2015
Crap. Good/interesting setting but annoying shota-mechanic boy and doll girl (with unnecessary fanservice and huge boobs). Also Marie is loli + fanservice.

I admit ... the scene where she woke up and the guy told her to put on some clothes ... was fun. And some of those older-looking chars (the one with the closed eyes as well) look interesting.

Well ... preview didn't look too promising. Dropping this already after episode 1.
Apr 7, 2017 10:02 AM

May 2014
The only thing that makes no sense at all was that finger sucking
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 7, 2017 11:20 AM

Sep 2012
GangsterCat said:
Hydra_X9K said:

Anyways well it gives Nier vibes to me. Also since I watched Hand Shakers from last season I think I can watch that too. Seems better than HS.
Apr 7, 2017 11:26 AM

Aug 2008
Introduction was literally worst way to start any story. Info dump the world, action you can't care about because zero stakes and then not to mention it goes back in time to where the story is suppose to start. It all screams the writer has no faith in the premise of the story so they have to gimmick you into watching it with a shitty opener.
Apr 7, 2017 11:40 AM

May 2009
What a rushed adaptation. :o

They skipped all the intro about Naoto's situation, the show also make it think the repair took like 5-10 minutes instead of a few hours. The repairs ended up differently as well...
Was also bothered by the girls face (Shino never got a proper anime chara design from his illustrations xD, but that was to be expected from the beginning) and by RyuZY's voice. A voice haughty closer to the one of Yukinoshita Yukino would have been way better.

Otherwise, gears scenes were awesome. Halter and Conrand's VA fit very well. I rather like Naoto's design.
Apr 7, 2017 11:59 AM
Reviewer

Apr 2012
Lambdaa- said:

Do I have to even point out the random sucking finger or no pantsu fan service was way random.
This scene was just awful really.
Such a waste.
​¯_(ツ)_/¯

The finger sucking scene made me feel all types of stuff lmao. It was so unnecessary and unexpected.

Overall, my scores are:
Story 6/10
Characters:3/10
Art:3/10 if the ED art was the anime art, this anime could have potentially been outstanding.
Sound: meh
Enjoyment: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) that finger sucking scene...

Djidji said:
What a rushed adaptation. :o

They skipped all the intro about Naoto's situation, the show also make it think the repair took like 5-10 minutes instead of a few hours. The repairs ended up differently as well...

having not read the manga, I thought the repairs took like 2 minutes lmao. My god. shit adaptation.

Apr 7, 2017 12:14 PM

Oct 2015
So much Loli in one show..
The story seems fine.. At least until the girl starts sucking the finger.. So annoying.
It's 6/10 for me.
CZ2128DeltaApr 7, 2017 12:18 PM
"Look... It's a gigantic killing spirit and you just a woman with an invicible Holy Excalibur. Just sit down and watch me, a man who don't know any martial arts and can't use magic will beat it."
Apr 7, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2015
I'm pretty disappointed with the character art. Looks like an old hentai. Really bummed about that, since the LN art is good.

Despite the meh character art, it was still kinda interesting. Will watch more.
Apr 7, 2017 1:19 PM
Jun 2015
sasalx said:
GangsterCat said:

Anyways well it gives Nier vibes to me. Also since I watched Hand Shakers from last season I think I can watch that too. Seems better than HS.

Nier Automata is a fucking awesome game. Just got ending A.
Apr 7, 2017 1:26 PM

Sep 2016
Hydra_X9K said:
sasalx said:

and it's being compared to this crap, shame.
CrossAnge

Apr 7, 2017 1:28 PM
Jun 2015
GangsterCat said:
Hydra_X9K said:

Now you're just being salty for no reason lol. I admit I was too before but then I realized that an anime being good or bad is all a matter of opinion.
Apr 7, 2017 1:29 PM

Jul 2014
I had such high hopes for this and it all went down the fcking drain fast.
Art bad
Animation bad
Story Bad
Pace Bad
VA of MC male bad
This is just plain horrible.
DROP!
Apr 7, 2017 1:31 PM

Sep 2012
I'm SO disappointed I don't even know where to start. Goodbye, hype.
The steampunk thing looks like end on clocks. OKAY the anime is called "Clockwork Planet", but I thought it would be this because of clocks are a steampunk symbol. Didn't think it'd be a world made of clocks and useless gears.
Then we have a perv robot, a dumb and useless boy (funny how he couldn't even fix a clock until the girl appeared), and a low quality animation. I liked the scenario in general but the characters animation... Their faces change all the time. RyuZU looks amazing in some scenes and crap in others.
Way too cliché, unfortunately.
I'm glad to see people saying that the novel is different, maybe I'll read it then.
Apr 7, 2017 1:31 PM

Sep 2016
Hydra_X9K said:
GangsterCat said:

Now you're just being salty for no reason lol.
just like you, im just sharing my opinion, it just happened to be negative one. if you want to see positive opinion from me, go to good anime discussion thread and you might find me.
CrossAnge

Apr 7, 2017 1:33 PM
Jun 2015
GangsterCat said:
Hydra_X9K said:

just like you, im just sharing my opinion, it just happened to be negative one. if you want to see positive opinion from me, go to good anime discussion thread and you might find me.

Fair point. I was being unreasonably salty earlier I'll admit. I myself just try to look more at the positive side of things is all.
Apr 7, 2017 1:35 PM
Jun 2015
GangsterCat said:
Hydra_X9K said:

But still, Nier Automata is an awesome game
Apr 7, 2017 1:40 PM

Sep 2012
@Hydra_X9K

It surely is. I did not finish the game yet but I plan to get every endings.

GangsterCat said:
Hydra_X9K said:

"go to good anime discussion thread" -> Should I use my sarcasm or just point the irony in the whole sentence?
Apr 7, 2017 1:55 PM

Jul 2011
The last few seasons (to me) have had anime that felt like they were "different" or "refreshing" and stuff and this one just doesn't have that feel. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it, kinda gave me Majutsu no Index vibes. I haven't read in years so I can't say this feeling is particularly accurate but also reminds me of novels where children have gone on adventures where clockwork stuff has also been a rather prominent part of the story... although Clockwork Planet has a much more modern feel to it.

I don't really know what's wrong with the character designs. Has it been simplified or something? I can kinda agree that it looks like the art style came from the early 2000s but at the same time, it seems a lot cleaner and streamlined than back then so I don't see much of a problem with it.

The pacing didn't feel entirely right, and the MC isn't hugely impressionable, but it wasn't series breaking. The... Master-Automata contract thing... could've been a lot shorter to save the cringe... but otherwise, I'm gonna try carrying on with this. I tend to drop fantastical fight-y anime a lot in the recent years... so hopefully this one can keep my interest (although it clearly hasn't for a lot of others).
Apr 7, 2017 2:04 PM

Nov 2015
The OP was good, the character design reminded me of Lance 'n Masques, I don't know a lot about the story so far. But I think this anime is good and it doesn't deserve such a low score.
Apr 7, 2017 2:25 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, this was just amazing! I thought this would be pretty cliche and dull but the action and execution was top-notch. I loved it. And the clockwork doll is already one of my favourite characters.
Apr 7, 2017 2:29 PM
Jul 2015
Do not know source material, so blind rewction. It's pretty bad. Not cool or funny bad but generic bad.

The whole intro action scene feels uneccessary, wasn't even nice to look at, the character design feels out of place for the world they made, things developed generically and way too fast with clear loli waifu bait, and that finger scene just shot any mood this series could have had.

Not a fan, oh well, for those who keep with it, enjoy what you can, just not for me.
Apr 7, 2017 3:34 PM
Jan 2015
Honestly, worst anime I've watched for a long time. Art was horrible compared to the LN, and the CG was so obvious and looked awkward especially with facial expressions. Plot is mediocre and relies too much on fan service. (that finger sucking scene...) Oh and of course the MC who doesn't even know how to repair a clock can magically repair a beautiful, automaton by just "listening to the sound of the gears". And the genius clock engineer has to be some hot-headed loli girl, not someone with decades of experience or anything...right. Crappy and horrible scripting, plus too many clichés (that love hotel scene made me roll my eyes so much).

Overall, basic plot, boring characters, too much fanservice and lolis, and horrible art. The only redeeming quality of this show is OP by Fripside and ED by Soraru and Mafumafu.

1/10, dropping this sorry. If you enjoy it that's fine, just not the right anime for me.
MokkorinApr 7, 2017 3:42 PM
Apr 7, 2017 3:51 PM
Feb 2011
Indeed, the art style looks like 10 years behind and with the age regression they've made Clockwork Planet a show for even 8 years old then add random "h" scenes x2 = for 12 y.o. BUT only if they haven't seen any recent anime before...
Truly hurts for anyone who's read manga/LN. That's capitalism for you.
Btw, what's the difference between capitalism and communism?

P.S. ^^
Hydra_X9K said:

I just want to share this with you from https://what-if.xkcd.com/6/

The lesson: If the optimist says the glass is half full, and the pessimist says the glass is half empty, the physicist ducks.
HaryomuApr 7, 2017 3:57 PM
Apr 7, 2017 4:08 PM

Jan 2011
One of the very few shows I already know about whats going on from reading the manga. Nice manga, I am enjoying this, because the plot is kinda new and the main girls desing is really something. And I was surprised when I saw some footage at the last Comiket: „Yay! They'll do „clockwork planet““! But then I realized the animation quality and style and I was kinda dissapointed. Well, I still am a little bit. Directing is also not good. I think, Xebec is the wrong choice for this show. I expected another kind of animation style, also a little bit different colour set. I expected something more like „機巧少女は傷つかない“ … Also I am not really happy with the somehow childish style of the characters behaviour. I had a little bit(!) more serious tone in my mind while reading the manga. But I am aware about he fact that the creator want to target a more younger crowd. Furthermore the voices are okay (I like Marie) and I realy like the soundtrack so far! OP is nothing special, some epicness is missing with better scenes. The ED is way better and really cool! Well … I will continue this show because I enjoy the manga, the sountrack is great and the show is not really bad, its still okay, just not everyones style.
summerwarsApr 7, 2017 4:18 PM
Apr 7, 2017 5:56 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not familiar with the source material so I can't compare it but I enjoyed the first episode and it reminds me a lot of Chobits or Rozen Maiden with this early 00s feel it has to it that draws me in, so I have no real problems with the artstyle, I can look past QUALITY for the most part but hopefully there's not too much. The cog world setting is pretty unique and interesting and the OST was quite good, I especially liked it during the scene where he repaired RyuZU. The way this anime is set up is generic (girl comes crashing into boys life etc.) but I wouldn't say it's shit or great yet, just average so far, I'm not really one to jump to conclusions though so I'll just see how it plays out.
Apr 7, 2017 6:20 PM

Jul 2016
the story setting is pretty decent, and COME ON GUYS, ITS THE FIRST EPISODE. most of you seem to be comparing it to its LN. it definitely has it flaws, but isn't it a bit too early to judge?

anywhoos, OP is something i can get down with, also they should tone down a bit on the lewd moments. not that I'm complaining ( ͡ᵒ ʖ͜ ͡ᵒ) but it feels a bit out of place. it was an okay first episode all in all, looking forward to more
damn, the forums these days...
Apr 7, 2017 6:21 PM
Dec 2016
i've read a few chapters of the manga like a year ago but the only thing i can remember is that it was better than this,,, not a big fan of utaites but soraru and mafumafu sing beautiful
Apr 7, 2017 6:57 PM

Jul 2015
Well this was... meh... Nothing special. Looks pretty cool and it's a cool idead, but the characters just aren't interesting to me and all but I just ain't feelin this. I have enough anime that feel similar roles to this already, minus robot girls... I think...

Plus, I guess I sorta got my expectations up a bit too high, kept hearing about some thing called Clockwork Planet, and the little I saw of it, mostly through random pictures and people saying they liked it, kind of got me excited to see what all the fuss was about. This is what happens when I expect things, gotta stop doing that. Anyway, yall enjoy the anime, but I drop out here.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 7, 2017 7:13 PM

Jan 2014
If they gonna fuck up this great LN im gonna slice my head off, so they better dont
Apr 7, 2017 7:33 PM

Dec 2009
Dayum, i was pretty hyped watching this. I'd gotten the vague impression that people were already hyped up by it beforehand, but i could feel it all coming to me. The production quality, the unique music, the unique setting, the semi-unique premise but definitely unique application (though they did add some generic plot-device thugs for the appeal-to-humanity effect in regards to her being a robot). I hope they can construct this into a competent series. Always welcoming these breaths of fresh air in an era of constraints and repetition.

Seems we got ourselves a goofy shota Nice-kun for a mc lol
GenesisAriaApr 8, 2017 12:48 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

78 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

42 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

39 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.