Well not really,
Members gained since september 6 :

Attack on Titan: 44.4 K

only shows like
SAO: 42.8 K
Tokyo Ghoul: 41.3K
Death Note: 41.2K
come close

(FMA:B 35.6K , Angel Beats: 31.6K Steins Gate: 31K, Code Geass: 26.8K, Naruto: 26K , NGNL: 35.2K )

this just shows how many new people are getting into anime with watching SNK,

Where did you get these statistics from?
Nov 23, 2015 4:30 PM

Jun 2015
get backers
law of ueki
yyh
ruroni kenshin
Nov 23, 2015 4:35 PM

Feb 2013
keragamming said:
TheNextChamp said:

Well not really,
Members gained since september 6 :

Attack on Titan: 44.5 K

only shows like
SAO: 42.8 K
Tokyo Ghoul: 41.3K
Death Note: 41.2K
come close

(FMA:B 35.6K , Angel Beats: 31.6K Steins Gate: 31K, Code Geass: 26.8K, Naruto: 26K , NGNL: 35.2K )

this just shows how many new people are getting into anime with watching SNK,

I compared this
http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity
with this
http://web.archive.org/web/20150906022911/http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity
Nov 23, 2015 4:40 PM

Oct 2013
TheNextChamp said:
keragamming said:

I compared this
http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity
with this
http://web.archive.org/web/20150906022911/http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity

Neat. Thnx.
Nov 23, 2015 4:42 PM
Nov 2015
I will come back for you, cookie.
Nov 23, 2015 5:05 PM

Dec 2014
I still see people mentioning K-On and CSS......
Nov 23, 2015 5:11 PM

May 2010
Just a few hours ago someone said to me that FMA was crap , that the story was crap and the animation also the characters design the " drawing" as he described it are crap, I told him that he should watch it after 5 or 6 years he might appreciate it , anime is gaining more popularity and every one has easier access to it than us before plus all new shows have awesome high quality animation , so I think that most of them are too young to appreciate the actual work put in making an awesome anime !
A lot of people don't watch old shows anymore , they are more busy with what's trending !
Nov 23, 2015 5:20 PM

Dec 2014
Oh, and its a fact that AoT has no fillers
Didn't Attack On Titan have this recap episode about what happened to episode one to that episode?
Nov 23, 2015 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
When did this thread become One Piece VS AOT thread? Neither of those are dead.

Nov 23, 2015 6:07 PM

Oct 2014
sle91 said:
Kuma said:
ok, you only being retard for now.
- PACING is freaking subjective. just because it's faster, =/= better. also AOT pacing is mess up and it come from it own fans, not the critics to it. one piece is used to be slow, and anyone who used for not have no problem with it.
- did you just compare animation between longrun series for freaking 700 episode with 25 episode? also one piece movie animation shitting AOT animation.
- did you just saying plot? one piece with soo many plot twist and excelent forshadowed is worse than somthing that extreamly obvious to begin with and extreamly rely on shock factor?
- it's funny cause those fillers are what make OP popularity stable, unlike AOT that need wait for 3 years for a sequel that made it popularity died down. also no fillers? explain those bugs of spin of. also i don't think snk sason 3 will come near 4 years if they still do as the same as they do now.

so yes

the only retard is see here is you.

1. how is faster =/= better? are you telling me that its better to drag every event to infinity and fill every episode with tons of unnecessary content than make an anime with accurately fast plot progression? lmao BYE. AoT has a better pacing AND THATS A FACT. If you like OP's pacing more, then youre the one being subjective here. damn you're indeed retarded
2. yes I did. just because it has 700 episodes its not an excuse for that tragic animation lately.
3. Are you seriously implying that AoT's story is obvious and One Piece is not?

Haahahahahahahahaha

Every One Piece arc (except for Marineford) has the same fucking formula, I mean: Strawhats enter new island ---> new villain ----> Luffy wins ----> new island...it cant get more obvious.
and what are these oh-so-brilliant plot twists and foreshadowings you're talking about? the only unexpected moment was Aces death, everything else is generic lazy story writing and far from excellent
4. I would rather have a only-canon 25 episode-long anime than one with tons of fillers and billions of episodes where each one is stretched like a chewing gum...and I dont see how SnK has lost popularity, its still one of the hottest shows out there. once the new anime is out it will put One Piece to shame (again) like two years ago when it sold the same amount of volumes

bye

how is the pacing in aot fast?
it started as a fast paced series but the middle of the season was dragged out as hell like they having three episodes just to move a rock is in no way better than piece
also fast pacing does not mean it is better if it comes at cost of little time for caracterization(exactly where aot lacks)and not giving enough time for establishing the setting
also a i fail to see how aot is not as dragged out as one piece none of the objectives the character have is resolved in any way in the first season it is only dragging out with pointless plot points that are not resolved
One piece may have a generic storyline but it is that formula that establishs its great worldbuilding something that aot greatly lacks
Nov 23, 2015 6:14 PM
Dec 2013
Current Naruto with all those sh!tty fake stories/dreaming fillers
Nov 23, 2015 7:05 PM

Oct 2013
Avus said:
Current Naruto with all those sh!tty fake stories/dreaming fillers

I don't watch naruto fillers. But its very annoying how they are stretching out the series. Naruto shippuden should be ending this year if they didn't add fillers. I feel sorry for the folks that actually watch those terrible fillers.
Nov 23, 2015 10:49 PM

Jan 2015
No one's brought up Gundam Wing yet, really? That shit was crazy popular when I was first getting into anime.
Nov 23, 2015 11:28 PM
Oct 2015
DBZ. Everyone used to talk about it but not really anymore.
Nov 23, 2015 11:29 PM
Dec 2011
Tokyo Ghoul
Nov 23, 2015 11:46 PM

Mar 2015
lijoge said:
TYGAHMYKE said:
Do people still watch InuYasha??

wow you beat me to it...

Came to mind because I'm re-watching for the third time. This time is with a friend.
I love the show.
私はサイタマ様が大好きです。私は彼の雌犬です!
Nov 24, 2015 1:46 AM

May 2015
lijoge said:
TheDerpMan said:
I hardly hear anyone talking about Bleach anymore

and that was my 2nd answer...

Filler-heavy shounen should remain dead.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Nov 24, 2015 3:13 AM

Apr 2015
Zalis said:
Manga fans did take issue with the anime-original last third at the time. And even today, it's a mere 6 places behind Brotherhood in the rankings, though on a "members added / year" basis, Brotherhood is roughly 3 times as popular.

Pardon my hyperbole.
Nov 24, 2015 4:00 AM
Dec 2013
Yu Yu Hakusho
Nov 24, 2015 4:14 AM

Apr 2015
We the Nanoha fans still walk this Earth.
Well, some of us.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Nov 24, 2015 4:26 AM

Jan 2015
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin
Tenchi Muyo
Azumanga Daioh

Heck these shows were so popular back in the early 2000s
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 24, 2015 4:34 AM

Mar 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
lijoge said:

and that was my 2nd answer...

It's already dead. It's just that the author and his fans are beating its dead body for more £££
Nov 24, 2015 6:08 AM

Jul 2013
OneTrueEmiya said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

It's already dead. It's just that the author and his fans are beating its dead body for more £££

It should have ended after Aizen's defeat.
Nov 24, 2015 8:19 AM

May 2015
TYxTxYT said:
We the Nanoha fans still walk this Earth.
Well, some of us.

Oh yeah, I remember when this one was the flagship of Magical Girl. What happened?
Nov 24, 2015 9:10 AM

Jul 2015
Illyricus said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

It should have ended after Aizen's defeat.

couldn't agree more...
Nov 24, 2015 9:22 AM

Mar 2014
I see K-ON! Mentioned quite frequently, I'm still watching it and I knoe many people who love it.
OneTrueEmiya said:
KaiserNazrin said:
No one cares about Kill la Kill anymore.

This.

*Raptor screech*

I haven't even seen that many shows and the ones you mentioned are things I've seen or plan on seeing. They usually get brought up on MAL too.
Nov 24, 2015 4:01 PM

Apr 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:

Oh yeah, I remember when this one was the flagship of Magical Girl. What happened?

About whole franchise?
Force got the axe because core fans are not buying the "I'm 14 and blood is deep" shit with a boy protagonist.
Innocent and Vivid are still running.

About animated works?
7-arc got busy with Dog Days, so they let A-1 butchered VIVID.
Nothing about movie 3rd was heard for a long time.
Hoping for news about it over the new year.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Nov 26, 2015 7:30 AM

Nov 2014
Pretty sure Slam Dunk and Captain Tsubasa are both popular by the time they aired.. Nowadays i never seen any people talk about it though..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Nov 26, 2015 7:31 AM

Nov 2015
HA! I had totally forgotten about Love Hina! Holy shit.
Nothing can ever happen untill you swing the bat.
Nov 26, 2015 7:37 AM

Apr 2014
Nurarihyon No Mago.
Now that the manga ended and the anime goes into obscurity, I bet most people don't even know what that is, even tho its quite popular when it airing
Nov 26, 2015 7:48 AM

Nov 2008
Wasn't School Rumble also really popular back in the day?
Nov 26, 2015 1:10 PM
Dec 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
When did this thread become One Piece VS AOT thread? Neither of those are dead.

Just shows you how it works. When I think old anime I am thinking about shows AT LEAST 10 years old.

Jesus talk about short shelf-life lol. Anime doesn't have a history. Gonna watch Macross next. 1982 I think? Now THAT is old.
Nov 26, 2015 1:12 PM

Nov 2014
Almost every show..

Nov 26, 2015 1:13 PM
Dec 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
Nurarihyon No Mago.
Now that the manga ended and the anime goes into obscurity, I bet most people don't even know what that is, even tho its quite popular when it airing

Wow just watched it a few months ago.

Great show, sliding into obscurity. The blurays are on bakaBT if anyone is interested. I recommend.
Nov 26, 2015 1:14 PM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
I feel like everyone was crazy about Black Rock Shooter and now I never hear anyone mention it
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Nov 26, 2015 1:16 PM

Jul 2013
Cardcaptor Sakura or Cardcaptors was the first anime I watched, it was awesome. I keep meaning to rewatch it. Not seen Tsubasa Chronicles though.

Love Hina, I watched that a few years ago and it was good at times but mostly was rubbish so I can see why that's forgotten.

I watched the first season of School Rumble and liked it but I think the second season they changed the art and I didn't like it so I stopped watching, that was years ago.
Nov 26, 2015 3:39 PM

May 2015
Tacas said:
Wasn't School Rumble also really popular back in the day?

It was one of the best school anime ever. Has anything topped it?
Nov 26, 2015 4:06 PM
Jul 2018
Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon used to be the shit back in my time.
Now that Saturday morning cartoons are dead, young males care more about sports and fighting on the internet and young females care about the Kardashians

Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon still have their loyal fans though.
Nov 26, 2015 4:55 PM
Nov 2015
Domi said:
RayAdha said:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I guess
Well, there was the poorly done spin-off just recently, so maybe after that some people went to watch it again. Other than that yea sadly it went down pretty much.

It was good for a time but then I got sick of it its still a good anime but still
Nov 27, 2015 2:33 AM

May 2015
BasedNardo said:
Now that Saturday morning cartoons are dead, young males care more about sports and fighting on the internet and young females care about the Kardashians

I'm amazed Yu Gi Oh still exists and keeps going.
Nov 27, 2015 2:38 AM

May 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:

I stopped after GX. I was turned off by GX at first, but wound up enjoying it a lot. I was pretty adamant about 5D's being a load of utter shite for a long time, but I don't really care anymore. I can't speak for any of the other Yugiohs after that.

Nov 27, 2015 6:19 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Danmachi already diededed
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 27, 2015 7:07 PM

Jul 2013
TheBrainintheJar said:
BasedNardo said:

The card game is still popular but I can't exactly say the same for the anime.
Oct 17, 2017 3:07 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Negima and Love Hina was ridiculously popular when I joined. They were like the pioneers of their subject I suppose.

And Inuyasha too considering the story goes on for repeat for the entire middle chunk of the story.
Oct 17, 2017 3:09 PM

Jan 2014
+1 on the Suzumiya series thing. I was so late to the party.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 17, 2017 3:17 PM

Mar 2017
Nobody talks about Another anymore. Still 25 on MAL in popularity.
Oct 17, 2017 3:22 PM
Jul 2018
It's been said before, but yeah, Love Hina. It was huge when I first started buying anime DVDs. It was the first boxed set I got, after dozens of recommendations.

The show turned out to be crap, but still... good value for so much content (it brought the specials and everything).
Oct 17, 2017 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
remember my friend dogging me to watch / read negima & Love Hina
that had to be in ‘09 at the earliest ‘10 at the latest
I’m surprised they went out of fashion after all these yrs lel

Oreimo is quickly being overtaken by Eromanga. Eromanga could have potential to be less shitty off the basis of it not including Kirino alone. The anime kinda stunk, even if I could sense potential, I wonder if the LNs are better, the commonality seems to be bad writing between the two series that could’ve been fixed with a different author and studio. I mean, at least the series have nice designs?
Oct 17, 2017 4:02 PM

Apr 2017
--ALEX-- said:
I literally don't get this....

Hurr hurr...is anyone talking about Death Note....you know THE MOST POPULAR anime on MAL?

No.

Anime has a very short shelf life.....there will come the day (THANKFULLY) where SAO will become a distant memory too....

LMAO two years later and it still there is at least a monthly thread about SAO.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2017 4:52 PM

Feb 2012
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
It's been said before, but yeah, Love Hina. It was huge when I first started buying anime DVDs. It was the first boxed set I got, after dozens of recommendations.

The show turned out to be crap, but still... good value for so much content (it brought the specials and everything).

Nice. I also became a fan in the Love Hina era, but School Rumble was always funnier. Some good memories though. Almost can't believe that time existed. Elfen Lied was the shit on everyones lips too. And Trigun for some reason, which I think is now overshadowed by Bebop.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 6+ Rating or Higher Anime that you don't remember

JaaShooUhh - 10 hours ago

4 by Mayahuel »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime fans ,how do u feel about slice of life anime???

Animystics - Yesterday

33 by ZXEAN »»
16 minutes ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

13 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago

» What Anime has the most genres & themes?

Zarutaku - Jun 11

10 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» Anime and Manga might be the worst medium ever at judging attractiveness.

isseixkoneko - Jun 13

18 by APolygons2 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.