Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 19, 2015 7:16 AM

Jan 2013
FaZe_JOAOAA said:
No more Sabo for a few years :(

The will be the anime special at least
Jul 19, 2015 10:24 AM

Jul 2014
RIP Sabo.
Jul 19, 2015 10:30 PM

Jun 2012
M0nkeyD_Luffy said:
Kaimon said:
that, and even if it is intentional it's just a cool little play on words and nothing more

Nothing more than another major contributing factor to regaining Sabo's memories...
I mean, Japanese is his first language... it's a neat discovery/theory sure, but if Oda was an english writer, and let's say Akainu's name was Rumb and he heard it as rum, no one would think twice about it... except foreign readers.

To a Japanese reader, this would just be a minor perk, but a common occurrence nonetheless... as the Japanese language has tons of words that sound the same.

M0nkeyD_Luffy said:
metsujin said:
Question how is this chapter pure genius?

Because it was planned 397 chapters early and put a new twist in the whole 'Amnesia Plot-Device'.
Why troll? It just attracts more haters, and goes full cycle.
Edit: My bad, scratch that, I just realized what you meant. The first time I read it, it seemed sarcastic.
HalibelTheEspadaJul 20, 2015 12:35 AM
Jul 20, 2015 12:04 AM

Jun 2013
M0nkeyD_Luffy said:
metsujin said:
Question how is this chapter pure genius?

Because it was planned 397 chapters early and put a new twist in the whole 'Amnesia Plot-Device'.

We knew Sabo is alive, I mean we guessed since Dragon was carrying someone on his ship, how he got Sabo from the water is the question, guess he use that cloak that they use on the ships?? If not it shouldn't have been hard for him to do it. The chapter was not bad, but I personally wouldn't call it 'pure genius' Oda did other good forshadowing too.
Jul 20, 2015 6:33 AM

Jul 2015
HalibelTheEspada said:
M0nkeyD_Luffy said:

Nothing more than another major contributing factor to regaining Sabo's memories...
I mean, Japanese is his first language... it's a neat discovery/theory sure, but if Oda was an english writer, and let's say Akainu's name was Rumb and he heard it as rum, no one would think twice about it... except foreign readers.

To a Japanese reader, this would just be a minor perk, but a common occurrence nonetheless... as the Japanese language has tons of words that sound the same.

A very good point, never thought about that.

@metsujin Hey I actually agree! I was one of the very few who WASN'T shouting GODA at the top of my lungs when that Sabo reveal happened because it was so unbelievably obvious to me and I just didn't identify the implications right away.

What I meant by that it was planned 397 chapters early was that Sakazuki was introduced in chapter 397! It's been exactly 397 chapters since then (397+397=794) and here he is used as the springboard to regaining Sabo's memories. That's why I called it pure genius.
Jul 21, 2015 8:59 AM

Mar 2011
M0nkeyD_Luffy said:

What I meant by that it was planned 397 chapters early was that Sakazuki was introduced in chapter 397! It's been exactly 397 chapters since then (397+397=794) and here he is used as the springboard to regaining Sabo's memories. That's why I called it pure genius.

794-> 7+9+4=20. Luffy is 20 years old. Oda you...
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Jul 22, 2015 5:54 AM

Jun 2013
Kanic said:
M0nkeyD_Luffy said:

Luffy is 19 bro.
Jul 22, 2015 7:53 AM

Mar 2011
metsujin said:
Kanic said:

Luffy is 19 bro.

ch.793, the chapter that ended dressrora. 7+9+3=19.
My god there's really no escaping Goda.

(*On a more serious note Luffy is 20, he was 17 at the begining and when they reached red line the 2nd time they said "it's been a year" or sth, add to that 2 more and you got 20 *)
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Jul 23, 2015 3:35 PM

May 2013
Aw, so sad that Sabo had amnesia and wasn't aware/couldn't do anything about Ace's death. This was a really purposeful chapter which gave us the reason why Sabo wasn't around. Oda's a great writer, this was just a really great chapter. I loved the flashbacks, I didn't have a problem with it. I now want to see what Sanji and co are up to.

Jul 23, 2015 8:56 PM

Mar 2014
<33 that was so heartwarming
Jul 24, 2015 3:46 PM

Nov 2013
Alright new arc here we come.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 24, 2015 8:01 PM
Oct 2013
Kanic said:
M0nkeyD_Luffy said:

I´ll make that my new signature.
Foreshadowing and codes everywhere so much wow.
Jul 29, 2015 4:41 AM

Mar 2009
Amnesia. Such a convenient excuse. Come on, Oda. You're better than this.

Oh, well. It was still a Sabo chapter, which is a good thing.
Jul 29, 2015 5:16 AM

Jun 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
@SuperRed
I see, that's a shame but it was cool while it lasted.
I take this back after thinking for a while. Sabo was also reading the newspaper, he didn't just hear the news, so Sakazuki could of still appeared in the newspaper. True, it might just be a speculation, but who knows, Oda probably didn't want to be so direct about it. One point to support this is, one of the many praise Oda gets is being masterful at word-play, so it's more probable to think that he noticed about the relation between Akainu's real name and sake cup, than actually not.

Culture difference might play a role here in believing it or not.

P.S. Hopefully #795 comes out today. :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 29, 2015 6:32 AM

Jul 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
ToG25thBaam said:
@SuperRed
I see, that's a shame but it was cool while it lasted.
I take this back after thinking for a while. Sabo was also reading the newspaper, he didn't just hear the news, so Sakazuki could of still appeared in the newspaper. True, it might just be a speculation, but who knows, Oda probably didn't want to be so direct about it. One point to support this is, one of the many praise Oda gets is being masterful at word-play, so it's more probable to think that he noticed about the relation between Akainu's real name and sake cup, than actually not.

Culture difference might play a role here in believing it or not.

P.S. Hopefully #795 comes out today. :)

Thank you!

Btw the 795 spoilers are crazzzyyy (if they are actually real...)
Aug 3, 2015 11:56 PM

May 2015
M0nkeyD_Luffy said:
HalibelTheEspada said:

@metsujin Hey I actually agree! I was one of the very few who WASN'T shouting GODA at the top of my lungs when that Sabo reveal happened because it was so unbelievably obvious to me and I just didn't identify the implications right away.

Not to discredit the good man Oda, but somehow I feel like the fact Sakazuki appeared 397 chapters before that and just so happen to be the "cause of the cause" of sabo's memory is entirely coincidental...seems to be a bit of stretch no?
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Aug 4, 2015 7:51 AM

Jul 2015
ashfrliebert said:
M0nkeyD_Luffy said:

Not to discredit the good man Oda, but somehow I feel like the fact Sakazuki appeared 397 chapters before that and just so happen to be the &quot;cause of the cause&quot; of sabo's memory is entirely coincidental...seems to be a bit of stretch no?

If this was just about any other series then yeah, but seeing how it's in the same vein as the number-play he pulled with Gear 4th (e.g. 387 Gear 2 intro then inverted; 783 Gear 4 intro), I don't think it's THAT much of a coincidence.
May 16, 2018 7:26 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Sabo, the moment he regained his memories was too painful, I cried!
Sep 18, 2018 1:19 PM

Dec 2015
I felt bad for Sabo, regaining his memory after his brother died :// and how happy Luffy was to see him again! Dammit, almost made me cry.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 28, 2022 3:03 AM

Mar 2021
Beautiful chapter, sadly Sabo is leaving :(

Memory loss explains why Sabo never contacted Luffy in the past years. What a tragic way to regain memories at just the worst moment.

The repeated scene where he meets Luffy in the colosseum was very touching. Luffy's slow realiziation that he's talking with Sabo... his emotional reaction...

This whole page is just amazing... Luffy instantly broke down and remembered how Ace died in his hands... and Sabo's reassuring comments, what a great bro

Of course Luffy would have no complaints in giving him Ace's fruit.

Of course Franky cried after Sabo left lol

Even Zoro smiled and remembered Ace...

OdabraniSep 28, 2022 3:11 AM

Nov 3, 2022 8:43 AM

May 2021
So the CP-0 had just left, huh.

Dec 17, 2022 8:43 PM

Aug 2021
finally got to see how sabo and luffy's interaction at the coliseum went... very heartwarming and a bit sad
Jun 26, 2023 2:10 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Why did re-reading this just now get me so emotional bruh
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1115 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 21

54 by G_Spark233 »»
21 minutes ago

» How many chapters egghead got left?

Deanomac2010 - May 16

16 by SIMNO4517 »»
Yesterday, 9:30 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 699 Discussion ( 1 2 )

PirateKingz - Feb 20, 2013

91 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
May 24, 8:08 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

46 by Shortwing53 »»
May 24, 8:18 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 418 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 29, 2010

9 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 24, 2:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.