Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 15, 2015 10:48 AM
Dec 2014
Meh.

This anime reminds me "Lars and the Real Girl"

It's all just too pathetic. Tsukasa is an almost twenty year old boy who falls in love with an android looking as a girl of twelve. If form Isla, love is understandable, having never received this kind of attention in the course of her short life, the boy instead reveals other problems and disorders . It gives the idea of ​​being very lonely and he clings to the first available person able to offer him love. There was no one; friend or not, in his life BEFORE? And his clumsiness is NOT normal for his age. Too strange.
Jun 15, 2015 11:17 AM

Jan 2008
Isla, it's just a friggin' heart, for God's sake.
Jun 15, 2015 1:23 PM

Jul 2011
What is this cliche boring vanilla shit? I hope the MC gets NTR'd HARD. I feel it coming boiz.
Jun 15, 2015 4:31 PM

Jun 2013
god dammit i'm not gonna cry
Jun 16, 2015 12:19 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was perfect pacing to keep my prediction on track.

Next week we'll see them be together more, maybe even get a kiss. But by the later half and end of the episode, shit is going to hit the fan super fast, and Isla will either be reclaimed or be scheduled to be reclaimed in ep.13

Depending on what route they take I see 2 options:

1. Isla has to leave at either the end of next week or early in the final episode. The remainder deals with Tsukasa coping afterwards. They could possibly do a timeskip where Tsukasa is still working there. Maybe he's in a higher position now and is leading some people. Someone announces that a new Giftia will be joining the team today. In enters Isla, but not Isla. Most likely with a different haircut, name, and personality. She introduces herself to Tsukasa, who recognizes her instantly. He introduces himself while holding back tears, and maybe spouts a line about still having his memories, but making new ones.

2. They drag Isla and Tsukasa's time all the way out until the end. Episode 12 is another ok episode, but the last 1/3 of it deals with the news that Isla has to be reclaimed in X amount of days. Ends with a cliffhanger. Episode 13 then deals with them making the most of the short time they have left, and dealing with the sadness of parting before ultimately they have to say their final goodbyes. Massive tears will be shed by all. Every character, every viewer, every animal. Then Tsukasa will probably have some inner monologue about how he'll always hold onto their memories and will never forget her, and the importance of making memories. Then the final scene will fade out, or have some very tiny and quick epilogue.

Either way, pack your bags because we're goin on a fucking feels trip.
Jun 16, 2015 4:32 AM

Jun 2010
Maybe there will be a second season because it'll be impossible to wrap things up so soon. I mean, there's only 2 episodes left. There's no way everything will end so quickly.

Somehow I feel her memories will be erased but the body will be used again, but with different memories. Then he'll get to know her again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2015 9:26 AM

May 2012
not bad lol, tsukasa is so awkward :p
isla is so cute >_<
and i bet something bad happens next episode :'(
she says she wants another happy day, that only mean something bad lol
Jun 16, 2015 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
SNaG21 said:
Thai777 said:
At this point I just consider this a romance show with sci-fi element as a bonus.
With that mindset it becomes somehow more enjoyable, but I am still disapointed by the direction it took.

Ditto. I would be OK if the show didn't make any promises at the outset, but it did, and it even had the (pretty great) Marcia arc! Every subsequent episode has been a workplace romantic comedy that rarely makes any use of its setting, except for an occasional "Oh yeah, Isla's a Giftia" and "Let's do our jobs for once." It's depressisng that it wasn't implemented well.

I was excited for more episodes like that arc tbh.
Jun 16, 2015 11:40 AM

Aug 2014
Imeon said:
Oh God, they're too cute...... cute enough to kill....
Well that escalated quickly
Jun 16, 2015 2:21 PM

Jun 2014
They are really a cute couple now!! :)
The feels are coming!! :(

5/5 liked the episode funny and cute!
Jun 16, 2015 7:36 PM

Jul 2014
Knocked off another point on this crap fest, can't get much lower. Guy is an adult responsible for bringing in robots before they go psychotic, gain super powers and murder people but freaks out if he sees a little cleavage. You know, I'm not asking for realism in science fiction, but if people can't even act even slightly like people then you don't have a story, you just have random events and would be better off watching a screen saver.
Jun 17, 2015 8:49 AM

Apr 2015
vivan said:
Satsugai73 said:
I want ask people here, if this anime going to end tragically. I mean looking at Isla's life span, she has approximately couple more weeks to live. I hope they don't just pull something out there asses and suddenly Isla became Human, and happily together with Tsukasa.
So either boring/tragic or asspull/happy end...
But actually there's a great third option: her diary = her memory.

actually this is really interesting. You could consider it a form of reincarnation.

I would be interesting the new!Isla's reaction to her previous life's adventures. Like, the ending of the story would be her reading her own old diary as if it was a story in of itself, seeing her change and motivating her not to make the same mistakes the old!Isla did.

I don't want them to get back together, I want Tsukasa to move on, but I would like to see the new!Isla thank him for everything he did to change old!Isla before she died, and tsukasa would feel satisfied after that

new!isla would be like a little sister who never got to see her older sister before she died. Or something, you know?

..idk, this idea just came to me when i was reading the comment. I thought it'd be a nice way to end the series on a relatively happy note despite being a tragedy of sorts.
Jun 17, 2015 9:07 AM

Jan 2011
Aaargh these two last episodes were so cute and warm! >.< I need to hug some one ASAP.
The world is the illusion of the real world.
Jun 17, 2015 1:16 PM
Apr 2015
Well, Isla being a Robot, and after Retirement, the standard procedure being the OS re-installation, maybe there IS a chance of happy ending...

Think that until Windows 7, the OS Upgrade was a huge failure. Let's say that there appear a GiftiaOS 10, beta quality, BUT able to support Upgrade Mode also. To preserve the drama, they ask Isla if she accept the risky procedure, with unpredictable results, etc...

Finally they do the OS upgrade, as Mind is a success and she preserve all memories, but with an unexpected failure: she can't use her legs anymore.

So the series end with our cute robot girl in wheelchair, together with her beloved Tsukasa, admiring the sunset...

Well, an Isla in wheelchair is better than a dead Isla, it is room for the Next Season, where "maybe" the Company programers discover where is the bug in GiftiaOS, a patch is installed and our cute robot princess regain the control of her legs. :)

Enough drama for you? ;)
LuckyCyborgJun 17, 2015 1:32 PM
Jun 17, 2015 1:56 PM

Oct 2012
I just realized that if whole series was all about their relationship, and if this episode was the second or third in count, this could have been pretty good anime actually.

Sadly, there is not much time for them to left now. I bet we will get pretty awful cliffhanger next time.
Jun 17, 2015 5:37 PM

Jul 2014
Mich666 said:
I just realized that if whole series was all about their relationship, and if this episode was the second or third in count, this could have been pretty good anime actually.

They act exactly like my neighbour's 5 year old kid. The high school kids in line at McDonald's at lunch will hold hands and kiss, and this guy is supposed to be at least 18. This isn't a relationship show, it's a show about watching retarded children play.
Jun 18, 2015 3:19 AM

Jul 2014
I don't really understand what this anime meant to be....
I expected more of world building and controversial drama about the Giftia itself, not for the fuwa fuwa scene around Tsukasa and Isla, but I guess I ask too much....
2 ep left, just feel waste if I drop here. Let me endure it.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jun 18, 2015 6:34 AM

May 2014
That episode was one of the cutest so far !
It was nice to see both of them happy, and that everyone are happy for them (yes that Tsundere too xD)

BUT (<- there's always a but) I sense the feels coming for the next two episodes. Prepare your tissues
Jun 18, 2015 12:18 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Say what you want, but they make an incredibly cute couple

I ship them pretty hard
Jun 18, 2015 7:04 PM

Oct 2011
Reading Isla's diary made me cry T________T

I can't take it anymore
Jun 19, 2015 4:35 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was so cute, the end will be brutal T-T. The romance is light and sweet, it is a good relationship.
Jun 19, 2015 9:00 PM

Nov 2014
Still no kiss or bed scene. I am disappointed.

Jun 21, 2015 1:22 AM
永遠の銀魂

Jul 2012
this was so awkward
I know it's supposed to be fluffy and light before the last 2 episodes
but eCH
Jun 22, 2015 1:54 PM

Feb 2012
Isla is so awkward and cute
Jun 25, 2015 11:58 AM

May 2011
OMG, this episode was too freaking cute and sweet. Every time Isla smiled my heart felt like it was going to melt TwT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2015 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
At the end of the episode during the ending, I really thought that a final where Tsukasa and Isla remain together, it was what I wanted; Now I feel so sad. Funny episode in the first part, but the best is in the second part, very sweet and tender atmosphere, thanks to the soundtrack apt context. Drawing a little rough at times, this series is supposed to be better in the end.
Touching scene in which they show the diary of Isla.
Jun 27, 2015 5:38 PM

Jan 2015
Cute but didn't like that Isla erased that heart :'(
Jun 27, 2015 9:26 PM
May 2015
I didn't really understand what happened in 11-th ep cause in the end somebody comes in their office and others say to tsukasa that it's his new partner.i really wanna lnow if that girl was laila or not.please tell me
Jun 30, 2015 1:39 PM

Nov 2013
so funny so romantic so heartwarming...
such a great way to show all the beautiful things of a relationship <3
Lab Member 004
Jul 9, 2015 7:22 AM

Jan 2014
I became the girlfriend to someone I love.
♥♥
Jul 12, 2015 11:52 AM

May 2014
Aww ... this episode was so cute and heartwarming ^_^
Jul 12, 2015 4:37 PM

Feb 2013
Michiru best girl.

Somewhat dull episode. I guess they're saving the feels for the final.
Jul 13, 2015 12:04 AM
Jul 2018
My favorite episode so far. There is no way we can lose Isla dammit. I really felt the love here, their acting like a brand new couple was on point.

I feel the love!!!!
Jul 15, 2015 6:15 PM

May 2012
That was just adorable! But with two more episodes, I do wonder how it will end!
Jul 20, 2015 9:39 PM

Mar 2015
Aww Isla getting embarrassed at the beginning scene <3

That awkward moment together... lol...

I love the whole Isla getting mad of her own lacking to make Tsukasa happy. Isla is best girl.

The whole second half was nice. Isla cooking together with Tsukasa was cute and funny and adorable and I'm so envious T_T

Jul 26, 2015 5:21 AM

Dec 2010
A pretty carefree episode, despite we're getting close to the ending. Pretty thematic.
Aug 8, 2015 3:34 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Let's brace ourselves because the end is near. Let's hold hands and pray nothing bad happens.

This episode was so full of lovey-dovey action. The rice cooking scene was cute. Isla looking back expression is too adorable. She even puts a heart on the omelette, Isla you amaze me.

I don't like how before the credits roll, the stuff Isla writes on her diary are highlighted just before the scene ends. o.o

Sep 25, 2015 12:33 PM

Jan 2011
Primeval said:
What is this cliche boring vanilla shit? I hope the MC gets NTR'd HARD. I feel it coming boiz.

Somehow I would like that ending more. Everything about this show makes me uguu at this point...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 2, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
That reminds me of 13 y.o. couples. How did I not drop before ep 11?

All the encounters are special, no matter how short they are.
Mar 29, 2016 7:53 AM

Mar 2015
Everything in this episode is sweet sugar.

Didn't expect Isla fanservice. O_O

That's what I thought of cooking together when I had gf before.

No kiss but it is good in their own way, no need to rush.

4.1/5
May 12, 2016 2:15 AM

Sep 2011
Its so cheesy I'm dying! But in a weird way I'm enjoying it. :p
Jul 20, 2016 9:32 PM

Sep 2014
I feel bad for Isla :(
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Jan 22, 2017 9:59 PM

Dec 2016
All I can say is that I really liked this episode.
Sep 10, 2017 6:25 PM
Jul 2016
Now officially a couple and when it comes to physical contacts it´s more awkward than before up to the point he confessed... Strange how that is in anime, that the closer they get, the more bashful and embarrassing lovey-dovey things or just the smallest physical touch gets unlike before when they were just a close just without the couple-title over them.

"Yeah, I´m hungry! But that always makes the meal taste even better." Oh how many years I´ve had that philosophy. That "The the more hungry I feel, the better it will taste" and that´s why I deliberately choose to eat late like 8-9 PM ;D

Never judge a book by it´s cover. I have made dishes in my days that too looked sketchy but oh so good :)
Jan 13, 2019 4:28 PM

Aug 2017
Mmmm I think that everything happened very fast but i did not feel it forced. Good.
NurguburuJan 13, 2019 4:34 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 13, 2019 2:18 AM

Feb 2018
2 words for this episode: cute and awkward : ) and its almost the end of this anime, the feels is coming soon : (
Mar 28, 2019 3:34 PM

May 2016
I'm already crying I can't imagine how bad I would feel if they get seperated. ToT
Apr 9, 2019 6:08 PM

Feb 2017
I wasn't looking forward to the heavy romance side of this show, so an episode that drifted 100% into rom-com territory isn't gonna do it for me.
Jun 15, 2019 1:36 PM
Apr 2016
Aww, what an adorable innocent unrealistic relationship! Well, I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, even while it was really really silly. Soon though, soon...
Oct 18, 2019 6:15 PM
Mar 2017
I noticed since the 1st episode how tragic this anime would be, but it's good to finally get a bit of honey in our lives and see another time a relationship start. Such a cute episode, and I'm not ready for the feels downdrop in the final episodes
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

536 by NimbleBard48 »»
Sep 14, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

207 by leodnz »»
Sep 9, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

177 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

144 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tendou-kun - May 22, 2015

224 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.