Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 5, 2015 2:56 AM

Oct 2008
The Villkiss red mode kinda looks and fights like Gundam Epyon from Gundam Wing and this is awesome!
Jan 5, 2015 3:32 AM

Jul 2008
The finale looks likely to be Embryo against Ange no matter what, I'm quite disappointed with the song though. Just when the recent episodes are picking up the pace, I thought the same would go for musics and the OP+ED did not delivered T.T With 25 episodes in this series, I'm not sure how much of that is focused on fanservice, just imagine if the series got rid 80% of it, wouldn't this be something? :D
Jan 5, 2015 5:07 AM
Nov 2014
matias067 said:
villkiss very handy three color switch mode

OP1 is better than the new OP2 but! ED2 is OK!

Op2 is clearly trying to be epic saga sort that reflect the series' cross over time / dimension / matrix theme in the second half.

But it should suite more as ending instead of OP.

on the other hand, Recon-G's new OP is good!
Jan 5, 2015 7:41 AM

Dec 2013
SierraM363 said:

I approve of these pairings. I hope this is a sign of things to come.

So long as Tusk gets his arse kicked away, I'm all for it. As a lover of MF/Harem pairings, Tusk to me is weirdly the odd one out in this show. He's unnecessary except as a plot device to have Ange have perverted things done to her, no more, no less. He's annoying as fuck to be brutally honest. There's more than enough heavy hentai elements, we don't need some Rito Mk. VII around to push the plot or even to provide fan service, and Ange definitely doesn't need him as a love interest, she already has her own friggin Harem.

Somehow I feel like Embryo denied Ange the satisfaction of killing her brother, and it doesn't sit well with me. I was so looking forward to seeing Ange torture that guys arse, maybe stick that shiny beam sword up his butt and have his entrails cook till well-done, before breaking every single bone on his fingers and arms, before slicing off bits and pieces of his face and feeding them to him...... the brother got himself an easy death, I disapprove so badly right now...

Oh and the changed OP and ED really need to have the animation changed as well. The new songs don't sit well with the old animation. I'm not feeling it.

That said, can't wait for the next episode. Hope Tusk trips on a landmine and blows his limbs off in the first few minutes. I don't wanna see any more of that crap how he "accidentally" trips and ends up with his D up her V or something like that. Seriously, no friggin' thank you!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 5, 2015 9:38 AM

Oct 2008
jackaus said:
matias067 said:
villkiss very handy three color switch mode

OP1 is better than the new OP2 but! ED2 is OK!

Op2 is clearly trying to be epic saga sort that reflect the series' cross over time / dimension / matrix theme in the second half.

But it should suite more as ending instead of OP.

on the other hand, Recon-G's new OP is good!

yea...its better as ED since Mizuki Nana also sang the OP1 and ED2, they should invert it.

Jan 5, 2015 9:56 AM

Nov 2012
ah.. the opening theme was sing... (whats the past tense of sing again? sing-ed whatever) by evngelion's singer, thats why its so bad duh... trying to ruin cross ange
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 5, 2015 10:48 AM
Apr 2014
OP2 and ED2 are unfinished , due to potential spoilers for the upcoming episodes, full versions will start airing on ep 17, according to japanese sites
Jan 5, 2015 11:32 AM
Feb 2010
astronomy9 said:
OP2 and ED2 are unfinished , due to potential spoilers for the upcoming episodes, full versions will start airing on ep 17, according to japanese sites

OP 1 wasn't really finished till episode 5 or 6 so it's par for the course.
Jan 5, 2015 4:08 PM

Jan 2014
I promise this show will end up in space.
Jan 5, 2015 4:09 PM

Jun 2014
holy shit this ep was awesome
Jan 5, 2015 6:40 PM

Feb 2014
SierraM363 said:

omg that DRAGON in the background reminds me of Kagutsuchi! Super epic!

I liked OP1 way better, but this new OP is pretty cool as well. I also really like the new ED. But I'm not really a fan of the recycling of the old animations :/

This episode kinda reminded me of NGE: the End of Evangelion

haha yessss Julio got destroyed. But Embryo is really weird. He's like a god of sorts because of all the power he has. Maybe he was one of those knights like Tusk in the past...but he seems a little too powerful to be in a "servant position" per se. Yo what's that creepy power where he can resurrect the dead though???

I wanna see the alien dragon princess girl again! The opening animation depicts her as an enemy but with the non-norma society as the bad guy now I have a feeling she and Ange will become allies.

Imo, this show is so underrated! I think it's really good!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2015 7:04 PM
Jan 2013
someone know the name of the black paramail that was used by embryo?
---
i was surprised when embryo started sing,i never imagined a character with the voice of Toshihiko Seki singing 'o'
Jan 5, 2015 9:52 PM
Dec 2014
zunderdog24 said:

Who are you people, get out of here, i dont ever want to see this again
ange and the princess is where its at.

This guy knows what's up.
Jan 6, 2015 2:32 AM
Nov 2014
Kuroganekai said:
someone know the name of the black paramail that was used by embryo?
---
i was surprised when embryo started sing,i never imagined a character with the voice of Toshihiko Seki singing 'o'

i guess since singing is part of the plot, they managed to find a voice actress who herself is an accomplished singer, another princess also a rather fine singer, they had to audit a guy that can atleast sing something. So Seki must have pass the singing test to qualify on top of his gundam series voice over portfolio.
Jan 6, 2015 2:34 AM

Apr 2012
Great episode.

Yay, Julio is dead!

OP1 is better, both song and animation wise.

Just realized Embryo has the same VA as Rau Le Creuset.
Then we have someone who looks like Kira Yamato. It's gundam seed all over again! :D
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 6, 2015 6:18 AM

Apr 2010
Julio finally got what he deserved!!
I was expecting this from last episode and seeing it happen was nice.

Embryo planned this from the start he set up Julio so he would be killed at least that's my theory.
My guess is that Julio was send out to weaken to Norma and be killed in the process, since he mentioned creating the world anew he probably wants to get rid of the rotten apples first.
And weakening the Norma would have helped him with interference from them.
It also allows the Dragons to attack Human society which is probably part of his plan.
Jan 6, 2015 6:44 AM

Oct 2013
"You're just like that woman. Paranoid & drunk on fanciful ideas and a meaningless sense of duty. It be awful to be someone who gets killed over you people."

I couldn't help but really like Ange's little stab at Salia here. Not because I believe her sense of duty is meaningless but because it's so in-character for Ange to say something like that I'm thinking that If she does join Libertus, it won't be because she shares any ideals that Jill has(and certainly not because she likes her) but rather that she'd want to help out Hilda & other fellow normas.

Also, while Julio most certainly got what was coming to him, Ange unfortunately got cheated out of her sweet revenge. Embryo's such dick - a "just as planned" dick of course.
Jan 6, 2015 6:54 AM

Jul 2009
hey we have BUGS from Gundam F91 in it now
Jan 6, 2015 6:55 AM

Feb 2008
Gundam SEED Destiny level of ship destruction, that long sword... Loved the mayhem.

On another note, I found Embryo's singing a bit awkward. A fitting antagonist (?), though.
Jan 6, 2015 7:13 AM

Oct 2013
SierraM363 said:

Everyone bask in the glory of Angelise-sama!
Jan 6, 2015 7:19 AM
Nov 2014
Die_Hard said:
hey we have BUGS from Gundam F91 in it now

Yes, those were almost a rip off on the weapon appear in f91 movie
Jan 6, 2015 2:33 PM
Dec 2011
doesn't the coloring of that dragon look familiar to you

im just going to say it

it's ange in dragon form
Jan 6, 2015 3:21 PM

Oct 2013
pretty good episode hmmm so new forms for villkiss huh wonder how they'll be used later
so glad Julio is dead though would of liked to have killed him instead of that embryo guy.
Jan 6, 2015 5:05 PM

Feb 2014
01sharpj said:

im just going to say it

it's ange in dragon form

Woahhh that totally makes sense. Nice catch! I wonder how they transform into dragons in the first place, though. This second half seems so promising :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2015 5:12 AM
Dec 2014
01sharpj said:

im just going to say it

it's ange in dragon form

For me i think its Villkiss considering the colors of that dragon, well just a theory though
Jan 7, 2015 6:48 PM
Jan 2015
poss
01sharpj said:

im just going to say it

it's ange in dragon form

Possible though. So normas can be dragons? or just for royalty I suppose. Then their killing their race then?

sonakoto said:
01sharpj said:

im just going to say it

it's ange in dragon form

For me i think its Villkiss considering the colors of that dragon, well just a theory though

much better theory :D
Jan 7, 2015 7:45 PM
Jan 7, 2015 9:00 PM

Sep 2009
Too much mecha combat for my liking. Ange being 1 man army killing lots of enemy soldiers in gun combat and destroying their entire navy piloting one mech is cliche.

Ange not being an exaggerated hero and not sparing the incapacitated enemy was pretty cool though. Then again, nothing about Ange's personality was ever exaggerated or idealistic.

Massacre stuff was intermediately executed, still pretty tame. In one scene soldiers were shooting down the trainees and they fell like dolls no begging screaming etc :/
barabaraJan 7, 2015 9:03 PM
Jan 7, 2015 9:25 PM

Jun 2010
hahaha XD couldn't stop laughing at the quality of headshots this episode. definitely not disappointing. and tusk is beast when he's not in yuki rito mode.

shout out to Sunrise for the dope ass extendable light saber, and Embryo's dope as para-mail. for a bishi he's got some cray destructive power.

seems next ep they get teleported to the "dragon" world.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 8, 2015 3:51 AM
Nov 2014
01sharpj said:

im just going to say it

it's ange in dragon form

highly possible
in fact, i believe all humans have evolved in to dragons
but not all of them can transform
Jan 8, 2015 6:42 AM

Feb 2014
what the fuck is going on!? i dont even care anymore
Jan 8, 2015 8:00 AM

Jan 2011
oh he can appear at different places concurrently, revive the dead and do super attack with singing a song everybody knows

this Embryo-sama may be a scientist/game programmer and this whole world is just a sim game...
Jan 8, 2015 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
Really dislike the new op and ed...good episode though!~
My Candies:
Jan 8, 2015 2:28 PM
Dec 2014
klaymore said:
this Embryo-sama may be a scientist/game programmer and this whole world is just a sim game...

He's going to go full Misaki Kirihara on us and Ange will be his Yuratei, and we'll be unable to root for any faction after this.
Jan 8, 2015 3:49 PM

Mar 2012
That random dick though...o.O
Jan 9, 2015 5:11 AM

May 2013
So what we have here :
1. Bugs from Gundam F91
2. Zeta awaken mode from Zeta Gundam
3. Waverider crash from Zeta Gundam
4. A organization that massacre innoccent (remind me of A-laws from Gundam 00)
5. And that beam shield
audianJan 9, 2015 5:14 AM
Jan 9, 2015 8:12 AM
Dec 2014
I'm expecting (and hoping, to be honest) for more F91 shenanigans, like AFTERIMAGES WITH MASS?!
Jan 9, 2015 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
I had a lot of expectations for this episode, are a bit disappointed, because the narrative a bit too rushed and too many changes occurred all at once.
Too many things in a short time and mismanaged, in summary.
The new openig is not bad, but the first seemed more catchy.
Level designs really mediocre this time, there is no need of BD.
The final episode was interesting and unexpected.
Jan 9, 2015 10:26 AM

Aug 2013
terrablu2003 said:
I had a lot of expectations for this episode, are a bit disappointed, because the narrative a bit too rushed and too many changes occurred all at once.
Too many things in a short time and mismanaged, in summary.
The new openig is not bad, but the first seemed more catchy.
Level designs really mediocre this time, there is no need of BD.
The final episode was interesting and unexpected.

Err... do you know than this is not the last episode right?
Jan 10, 2015 5:43 PM

Feb 2013
Red (attack?) and blue (defend?) colors this time. The humans certainly didn't come entirely unprepared.

Dudes singing in my anime... I don't know...

New OP visuals don't match the new OP song very well.
Jan 19, 2015 9:28 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!!

The new OP is really good! It was slow and more tempo compared to the crazy fast paced Kidan no Resistance.

It does remind me of Fafner mixed with Evangelion. As expected from Yoko Takahashi!

Also while i was disappointed about the reuse opening. They won't be able to show the complete version till Episode 17(just posted just now)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-01-19/new-cross-ange-opening-will-not-be-completed-until-episode-17/.83459

I'm glad the Jill started Libertus!! Now it's the perfect time to fight back against these pitiful humans.

Wow i thought they really killed Chris!! To be honest it's kinda cheap of them on how these Embryo guy can travel to multiple places as well as revive the dead. It's a slap in the face for those who really died in the battlefield like Zola and the others.

Wow so Villkiss can change colors from White to Red to Blue O___O

To be honest i didn't think about the red color being Zeta, but seeing that big sword, it's definitely Zeta's Awaken mode!

So Blue is the ability teleport ala 00 Gundam's disperse ability.

I thought red was the other Villkiss color? Does that mean it change colors as well?

I'm glad Ange's brother is finally dead. I wished Ange was the one that deliver the blow and not this Embryo guy.

And yeah Embryo has the same voiced as Rau Lu Creset/Rey Za Burell and Duo from Gundam Seed/Desrtiny/Wing respectively :P

Lol he can actually sing!!! So singing is the most powerful weapon in this series :P

And wow Embryo's machine has the same firepower as Villkiss!

The new ED is definitely great! It's much more up beat and fast paced compared to the old one(still amazing though!)

Lots of twists!! I can't wait for the next episode!!
Jan 20, 2015 2:43 AM

Dec 2012
Sunrise sure loves their bloodbaths. This keeps getting better and better, good riddance to Julio and I can only hope Sylvia will be joining him in time. Ange is full out brutal now. I had a feeling I'd seen Embryo somewhere before. A bishounen singer? That's a clever disguise, Mr. STARISH.
Jan 21, 2015 2:08 AM

Jul 2009
Don't like the new OP...
And Embryo is really some kind of god! He gave Chris's life back, I like him for that, since it's the only yuri we will get...
Jan 21, 2015 2:59 PM

Oct 2010
Salia is really annoying -_-
Jan 25, 2015 9:12 AM

Jan 2014
The new OP and ED are both great. I liked the first OP better though, but still.. <3
Ange, you fatass! hahahah :D I enjoyed this episode A LOT! Maybe even the best
episode so far *____* The next time: Ange and Tusk!! Again!! Yaaaaay ^____^
Mar 15, 2015 6:39 PM

Nov 2013
So confusing... so the mecha that Ange rides has several powers... apart from one power getting activated through a song, it has various powers that activate through emotion? Anger = red robot = shield and beam sword, sadness?/sorrow? = blue robot = teleportation skill.
Mar 25, 2015 11:52 PM

Jun 2013
I initially watched the first 6 episodes, let it fall by the wayside, and now I'm catching up for the finale. What do I think so far?

OH MY GOD SO MUCH IS HAPPENING MY HEAD IS LIKE FFFUUUU...

^ basically sums up my emotions right now. Good show, but holy hell is there a lot going on and it's all crazy over the top.
Mar 30, 2015 8:54 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was crazy and intense! Dafuq is up with Embryo? Revives Chris and that girl, then kills Julio. Bwahaha, it was satisfying to watch him disintegrate.

Salia fell into the ocean? She still alive? :o And did Chris make it to the ship?

I miss the first OP song, but I liked the last image of the new OP. Hilda's all over Ange :D
Apr 3, 2015 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
Would be extremely good episode if not for that deus ex machina OP god character and healing in the end.
Ressurrecting those fallen mail-raiders... that was one big letdown.
Apr 13, 2015 1:59 PM

Jun 2013
I can finally see why so many people hate Salia
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is there anywhere online where I can watch this legally?

Aletheia_xxx - May 20

4 by Aletheia_xxx »»
May 21, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.