Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 15, 2014 11:24 PM
Jan 2011
JulietTalyor said:
anikaneki said:

This makes me mad on so many levels..... So many levels

Is there more detailed translation? like translating everything? And is it a real part-time job or a lucky draw? I'm confused about that

http://tgre-news.tumblr.com/post/105071057062/tokyo-ghoul-re-chapter-10-spoiler-images
Dec 16, 2014 1:16 AM

Apr 2014
anikaneki said:
CNTRI715 said:

I would kill to win something like this... Time to take a trip to Japan, wonder if they would let a tourist win...

This makes me mad on so many levels..... So many levels

Yeah I heard the winner will get a CCG ID card and that Ishida will also make a character in the manga based on that winner. Lol I'm kind of jealous.
Dec 16, 2014 4:05 AM
Dec 2014
I dont understand. How does he go berserk from seeing Nishio yet seeing Yomo AND Touka has no effect on him?
Dec 16, 2014 4:06 AM

Jul 2014
Oreo_Assassin said:
I dont understand. How does he go berserk from seeing Nishio yet seeing Yomo AND Touka has no effect on him?

Touka/Yomo were never relevant...
Dec 16, 2014 4:59 AM

Oct 2014
Oreo_Assassin said:

Bc Nishiki, re-enacted the events of their fight, plus he called him by his name "kaneki"
And also Sasaki was in ghoul mode, I think he has less control of his unconscious when he fights as a ghoul.

In exchange Touka and Yomo, never did anything for him to remember, except make coffee.
Which did rose his pulse :D
Also for the way Touka acted, she was just happy to see him well and alive, and was not interested for him to remember, plus he had other ppl by his side which Touka doesnt know.
I don't think she knows he is CCG unles Nishiki told her.
I mean Shirazu, nor Sasaki nor Mutsuki, were carrying suitcases, and showing badges.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 16, 2014 9:11 AM
Oct 2012
Oreo_Assassin said:

you just need to pay attention to what the two meetings had different and will understand.

to start, Yomo and Touka not speak "Kaneki"...........................
Dec 16, 2014 10:44 AM

Oct 2014
gabyta07 said:
Oreo_Assassin said:

Bc Nishiki, re-enacted the events of their fight, plus he called him by his name "kaneki"
And also Sasaki was in ghoul mode, I think he has less control of his unconscious when he fights as a ghoul.

In exchange Touka and Yomo, never did anything for him to remember, except make coffee.
Which did rose his pulse :D
Also for the way Touka acted, she was just happy to see him well and alive, and was not interested for him to remember, plus he had other ppl by his side which Touka doesnt know.
I don't think she knows he is CCG unles Nishiki told her.
I mean Shirazu, nor Sasaki nor Mutsuki, were carrying suitcases, and showing badges.

i also think the nishio situation coincided with his lack of sleep and mental stress. he'd been losing sleep all 6 chapters before that fight. the mental stress might've also made it harder for him to subconciously repress ...his subconcious....you get what i mean. lol
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Dec 16, 2014 3:50 PM
Oct 2012
Dec 16, 2014 4:04 PM

Oct 2014
alright, now you english translation bastards. get to work!!!
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Dec 16, 2014 4:07 PM

Oct 2014
anikaneki said:

Ikore already translated it, they are doing the cleaning now.
IS said they will have it ready tmw or thursday

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 16, 2014 4:11 PM

Nov 2014
anikaneki said:

That sounds a bit harsh, considering they do it for free.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2014 4:12 PM

Feb 2014
gabyta07 said:
anikaneki said:

Ikore already translated it, they are doing the cleaning now.
IS said they will have it ready tmw or thursday

oh GOD. they are the king of tortoise. okay, they can do this for free but this is too irritating :( we have been waiting almost for a week. DAMN.
EustassKiddo !
Dec 16, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2014
Kvothe51 said:
anikaneki said:

That sounds a bit harsh, considering they do it for free.

-___- it was a joke.

i've read the tumblr translation...that in itself has curved my addiction. ...
. til chapter 11
Dec 16, 2014 4:57 PM
Oct 2014
Excuse me for not reading the past few pages but I'm trying to avoid spoilers till the full scans are out.

Does anyone have an idea of when the scans will be out and why it took so long this week? not complaining really since I know we get them for free but none the less it seems odd since its half way through the week without scans?
Dec 16, 2014 5:24 PM

Oct 2014
R3d_Panda said:
Excuse me for not reading the past few pages but I'm trying to avoid spoilers till the full scans are out.

Does anyone have an idea of when the scans will be out and why it took so long this week? not complaining really since I know we get them for free but none the less it seems odd since its half way through the week without scans?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Zwq2_njezILPbhozSwR-Fq-c1iXeRckRj9H3MyBrVw/pubhtml

Dec 16, 2014 5:42 PM
Oct 2014
Thankyou!

1-2 days? I'm dying.
Dec 16, 2014 5:50 PM
Dec 2014
While we wait, who would win: White Haired Kaneki vs Haise Sasaki (both are unaware of who eachother are)
Dec 16, 2014 5:55 PM

Oct 2014
Oreo_Assassin said:
While we wait, who would win: White Haired Kaneki vs Haise Sasaki (both are unaware of who eachother are)

Shironeki has total control of his kagune plus he can change into a 50% kakuja.

Sasaki has no control of the kagune, and knows how to use a quinque

I would say Shironeki just bc of the kakuja power. Shinohara had a lot of trouble with him, and Arima got a cut from him.

Dec 16, 2014 5:59 PM
Dec 2014
gabyta07 said:
Oreo_Assassin said:

I would say Shironeki just bc of the kakuja power. Shinohara had a lot of trouble with him, and Arima got a cut from him.

Thats true. Hopefully Sasaki gets more powerful
Dec 16, 2014 6:28 PM
Oct 2012
gabyta07 said:
Oreo_Assassin said:

But it was Sasaki who was fighting Serpent, Shironeki could even have some influence, but it was not like his mind was turned off and Shironeki took .
Dec 16, 2014 6:31 PM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:
gabyta07 said:

But it was Sasaki who was fighting Serpent, Shironeki could even have some influence, but it was not like his mind was turned off and Shironeki took .

Yep, but even Sasaki said he couldn't control the kagune.
Plus Nishio was acting. He was not even fighting seriously.
Look how easy was for him to escape.

Dec 16, 2014 6:40 PM
Oct 2012
gabyta07 said:
Acernos said:

Yep, but even Sasaki said he couldn't control the kagune.
Plus Nishio was acting. He was not even fighting seriously.
Look how easy was for him to escape.

Sasaki not control 100% because there are chances of him going berserk, but does not mean that he does not know how to use the Kagune, he showed enough mastery.

as for Nishiki, it is easy to escape when your opponent is on his knees screaming.
Dec 16, 2014 6:44 PM

Sep 2008
I don't think he was acting.
Nishio only escaped because Haise went berserk.
Dec 16, 2014 6:50 PM

Oct 2014
enkfayeh said:

I don't agree he even had the chance to scream "I am dying I am dying"
You don't start reenacting if you are in real trouble, look how calm he even speaks to Kaneki.

Arima even told him to learn to control his kagune, if he doesnt control it for fear or whatever else, it doesn't matter the reason, the fact is that he does not control it and Shironeki does, plus the kakuja power that Sasaki has no access to.

Dec 16, 2014 6:51 PM
Oct 2012
enkfayeh said:

Unless Nishiki were imitating the Sougo from Gintama and was acting even while thinking to mislead readers, because itself was not that, he did not know that Sasaki was Kaneki to the end, and had no reason to act or take it easy.
Dec 16, 2014 6:55 PM
Oct 2012
gabyta07 said:
enkfayeh said:

You don't start reenacting if you are in real trouble, look how calm he even speaks to Kaneki.

Arima even told him to learn to control his kagune, if he doesnt control it for fear or whatever else, it doesn't matter the reason, the fact is that he does not control it and Shironeki does, plus the kakuja power that Sasaki has no access to.

Arima told him to raise the limits it, it has more than one meaning, may well say, "forget the Kagune and become a master in the use of quinque"

you can not know whether or not he has access to kakuja power, also Sasaki was Berserk because of Nishiki, you can say with 100% certainty that Sasaki could not go back to normal if Serpent were someone else?
Dec 16, 2014 6:59 PM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:
gabyta07 said:

Arima told him to raise the limits it, it has more than one meaning, may well say, "forget the Kagune and become a master in the use of quinque"

you can not know whether or not he has access to kakuja power, also Sasaki was Berserk because of Nishiki, you can say with 100% certainty that Sasaki could not go back to normal if Serpent were someone else?

I never said that.

Sasaki is Kaneki.

But Sasaki is full of fears, of what he was before specially, of give in to his ghoul side.
It is obvious bc the two of them are the same that both of them have the kakuja power, the thing is that Sasaki since he is full of fear, he won't ever turn to that power, making him not able to control the kagune the way Shironeki would.
As always you are talking about things I am not even talking about. It is seriously kind of frustrating.

Dec 16, 2014 7:08 PM

Sep 2014
Oreo_Assassin said:

White haired Kaneki, not even close. Sasaki's definitely strong and I want to see him fight more with his Quinque but even he struggled fighting Nishiki. When the Kaneki side of him started to come out he overpowered him pretty easily, the gap in strength is pretty evident there.
Dec 16, 2014 7:26 PM
Oct 2012
gabyta07 said:
Acernos said:

I never said that.

Sasaki is Kaneki.

But Sasaki is full of fears, of what he was before specially, of give in to his ghoul side.
It is obvious bc the two of them are the same that both of them have the kakuja power, the thing is that Sasaki since he is full of fear, he won't ever turn to that power, making him not able to control the kagune the way Shironeki would.
As always you are talking about things I am not even talking about. It is seriously kind of frustrating.

that Sasaki does not have perfect control of Kagune as Shironeki, it is true, I just I answered this before because you said that Sasaki had no control.

and you said that Sasaki had no access to power kakuja this: "plus the kakuja power that Sasaki has no access to."

the truth is that Sasaki vs Serpent had quite avariables
Dec 16, 2014 7:45 PM
Nov 2014
Yay chapter 10 is up now!
Dec 16, 2014 7:56 PM

Sep 2014
OH SHIT HE REMEMBERS TOUKA... Kinda.

Really good chapter. Story has slowed down again but that's ok, I expect it will pick up with the Nutcracker investigation soon. Can't wait to see Suzuya and it's pretty awesome that Joker is canon.
Dec 16, 2014 8:03 PM

May 2013
Yomo knows its KANEKI!!!!!
Dec 16, 2014 8:15 PM
Oct 2012
CNTRI715 said:

Really good chapter. Story has slowed down again but that's ok, I expect it will pick up with the Nutcracker investigation soon. Can't wait to see Suzuya and it's pretty awesome that Joker is canon.

That is my doubt, the spoiler it just says that he found the Touka the most beautiful person I've ever seen, but now it implies that remember it, damn translations of translations ............ ........
Dec 16, 2014 8:15 PM

Aug 2014
Lmao, i really thought Ishida skipped the encounter like the troll that he is.

It was a good chapter. Saiko is finally shown, and it appears she likes Sasaki as much as food, so that's saying alot. Urie continues to be a giant prick (nothing out of ordinary here) and Shirazu is just awesome.

I really need some more lines from Touka, but for now it does look like she's changed (or so i strongly hope). Sasaki starting to cry from nothing was unexpected, he's really gotta be more tough if he wants to be a good investigator (which he doesn't).

I think i've picked up Urie's annoying habbit...

Can't wait to see Juuzou.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 16, 2014 8:17 PM

Sep 2014
Acernos said:
CNTRI715 said:

That is my doubt, the spoiler it just says that he found the Touka the most beautiful person I've ever seen, but now it implies that remember it, damn translations of translations ............ ........

It's definitely up in the air right now what the translation really says but I'm more willing to trust the final translation that Imperial Scans has been working on for days now over the Tumblr one that came out quickly.
Dec 16, 2014 8:20 PM

Sep 2014
Maledict said:

It was a good chapter. Saiko is finally shown, and it appears she likes Sasaki as much as food, so that's saying alot. Urie continues to be a giant prick (nothing out of ordinary here) and Shirazu is just awesome.

I really need some more lines from Touka, but for now it does look like she's changed (or so i strongly hope). Sasaki starting to cry from nothing was unexpected, he's really gotta be more tough if he wants to be a good investigator (which he doesn't).

4/5

Wasn't he crying from the coffee? It probably had a familiarity to it since Touka made it. Something I find interesting is that crying is something white haired Kaneki would never do by the end of TG but seems pretty in line with his older self. His Sasaki personality seems much closer to what he used to be like before the Aogiri arc. Almost like he has come full circle in a way.
Dec 16, 2014 8:22 PM
Oct 2012
"I really need some more lines from Touka, but for now it does look like she's changed (or so i strongly hope). Sasaki starting to cry from nothing was unexpected, he's really gotta be more tough if he wants to be a good investigator (which he doesn't)."

lol, what is wrong with him cry about it? coffee has a great significance for the Kaneki, same science says that person can get emotional when unconsciously reminded of something painful past. I would have problems if he was a coward with afraid of blood and ghouls, etc.
Dec 16, 2014 8:23 PM

Aug 2014
CNTR715 said:
Wasn't he crying from the coffee?

Yes, i know, but no normal person cries from drinking coffee, so i consider it as nothing.

So Saiko's oversleeping... and Juuzou is, too...

My nose Kagune smells something...

Acernos said:
lol, what is wrong with him cry about it? coffee has a great significance for the Kaneki, I would have problems if he was a coward with afraid of blood and ghouls, etc.

That Engrish.

Being afraid of blood and ghouls would be considered normal. Crying from coffee? I don't know about that. Anyway, calm down, i wasn't dissing your fave...

Acernos said:
you know it was not just because it was a coffee, right?

Don't have a heart attack, i'm fully aware of that. Still doesn't change the fact that he cried to nothing, at least from Shirazu and Mitsuki's perspective.
MaledictDec 16, 2014 8:28 PM
Dec 16, 2014 8:26 PM
Oct 2012
Maledict said:
CNTR715 said:

Yes, i know, but no normal person cries from drinking coffee, so i consider it as nothing.

normal people also are not copying habits of others, and Kaneki do it enough.
Dec 16, 2014 8:31 PM
Oct 2012
Maledict said:
CNTR715 said:

Acernos said:
lol, what is wrong with him cry about it? coffee has a great significance for the Kaneki, I would have problems if he was a coward with afraid of blood and ghouls, etc.

That Engrish.

Being afraid of blood and ghouls would be considered normal. Crying from coffee? I don't know about that. Anyway, calm down, i wasn't dissing your fave...

Acernos said:
you know it was not just because it was a coffee, right?

Don't have a heart attack, i'm fully aware of that. Still doesn't change the fact that he cried to nothing, at least from Shirazu and Mitsuki's perspective.

the problem is that you disregard the memories / feelings that this coffee made by Touka can cause, just that. If it was a coffee made by Maria Preá, I would agree with you.
Dec 16, 2014 8:36 PM
Oct 2012
CNTRI715 said:
Maledict said:

4/5

Wasn't he crying from the coffee? It probably had a familiarity to it since Touka made it. Something I find interesting is that crying is something white haired Kaneki would never do by the end of TG but seems pretty in line with his older self. His Sasaki personality seems much closer to what he used to be like before the Aogiri arc. Almost like he has come full circle in a way.

Kuroneki and Sasaki are also different, not so much, but they are, Kuroneki was a coward who could not stand macabre things and was unable to be hard on someone and did not have much sense of humor. Sasaki has a sense of humor, not afraid of people and macabre things, and can be hard on others (as with Urie in Chapter 8).
Dec 16, 2014 9:04 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Saiko getting startled once they broke into her room with their Kagune was hilarious!
> "Ka-Kagune...?! No way... You guys are...?! QUINCKES?!"
> "But you are one too..." XD

Urie is still so sly; "motivating" Saiko to join the squad just so Shirazu gets in trouble for her ineptness.
Seems like she likes Sasaki just as much as her NEET life though..

Abara still looks the same from the one shot. Hopefully, his inferiority complex has tamed and he got stronger by now.
Heard him talking about the Gourmet Club. Expecting to see Tsukiyama sometime soon then.

Yup. Yomo definitely knows Sasaki is Kaneki. The way he suddenly sat with them on the table and how he tried to get a sense out of it suggests it amply.

Them tears though.. That nostalgic smell of coffee & Touka's smile probably reminded him of Anteiku.
Inner Kaneki's feels are flowing out. T_T

EDIT: Anyone else noticed that "Himouto! Umaru-chan" poster in Saiko's room? Haven't read the manga, but I still recognized it!
VindstotDec 16, 2014 9:20 PM

Dec 16, 2014 9:05 PM

Feb 2011
I cry everytim
Dec 16, 2014 9:13 PM

May 2012
Kind of happy and disappointed.

Happy we get to see who Saiko. Her neet level is to high. Disappointed how after the last chapter we got Touka and this chapter didn't show anything about her. Until the last chapter. Man I am just loving Touka new design. Ken getting them feels over Touka beauty and smile plus dat coffee.

Okay chap. 3/5.
Dec 16, 2014 9:25 PM

Jul 2013
I thought Ishida was going to hold off the meeting in the shop until next week like a troll.

Saeko seems useless now, but she probably will find some sort of usefulness down the line. Also LOL at Yomo just sitting right with them.

I know (or hope?) this is going to happen wayyyyy down the line. But I cannot wait until the old Kaneki breaks through fully and some point and reunites with everyone, especially Touka. This chapter was such a tease in that regard. Damn Ishida :(

I love Touka's new look, that smile though.
Dec 16, 2014 9:38 PM

Aug 2014
Lefty112 said:
But I cannot wait until the old Kaneki breaks through fully and some point and reunites with everyone...

It's entirely possible this never actually happens, though.
Dec 16, 2014 9:38 PM

Sep 2008
I expected more Touka/Kaneki moments, but okay.

I liked Saiko and I think she will grow as a character.

Loving the manga 5/5
Dec 16, 2014 9:44 PM

Jul 2013
Maledict said:
Lefty112 said:
But I cannot wait until the old Kaneki breaks through fully and some point and reunites with everyone...

It's entirely possible this never actually happens, though.

True, thats why I wrote I hope right before it, in parentheses though.
Dec 16, 2014 9:49 PM

Aug 2010
Why u do this Ishida D: No Touka until the very end T^T and Suzuya overslept XD Goddammit!

I've always wondered why Saiko doesn't do shit...turns out she's a NEET and a loli Oppai one at that XD She's pretty sexy tbh :P I wonder how strong?

Cookie is still planning shit acting all nice and hardworking but actually thinking about destroying Shirazu's team from the inside. Good luck with that.

Haise's tears were sad to see. His body has that nostalgia :3

So are these TLs right? Wasn't it supposed to be Haise wondering how such a beautiful person could ever exist? Here it's he feels like he knew such a beauty in his previous life. So which is right? And Touka called Yomo Onii-chan.

Dat smile from Touka was so beautiful <3
Dec 16, 2014 10:56 PM
Jan 2014
got more build up from this chap. didn't get to see much of touka and yomo. Let alone any dialogue.

Finally got to see Saiko the hikkikomori of the quinke squad.. Lots of pages spent on her and some comedy .. It was okay but I wanted touka!

I became excited halfway through the chapter with the prospect of seeing juuzo. But apperently he overslept. .__.

It seems the nut cracker ghoul is connected with the "madams" of the gourmet society. Juuzo was a scrapper of one of those madams . (He also lost his nuts O.O) .. So he might find info about his "mama" if he keeps investigating the but cracker.

good chapter overall..

It all ends when the higurashi cry.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

49 by MUIGaryuu »»
Jun 1, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.