Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2014 3:00 PM

Jul 2014
Leafa can wiggle her ears.
Nov 1, 2014 3:03 PM
Nov 2013
Enjoyable episode, looks like a new arc will happen next. Am I the only one that loves the OP song? Tomatsu Haruka is a goddess holy fuck
Nov 1, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2012
Finally MR ac. Gah. Let's hope it makes up for the rest of the season.
Nov 1, 2014 3:20 PM

Dec 2013
Wow didn't expect this arc to be so short. I feel really bad for Klein falling for the trap.
Nov 1, 2014 3:20 PM

Dec 2011
It looks like the fight's going to be pretty awesome seeing as the fight is going rather well for Kirito and the gang.

That was quite the powerful AOE attack just now...

Sinon was freaking epic as always :3

A rather small golden hammer... holy crap... I think we're talking about Thor's hammer...

LOL, Freyja-san just transformed into freaking Thor, RIP Klein's love XD.

At least Klein got Mjolnir as a quest reward from Thor.

Excaliber sure was hard to pull out even for our usually OP hero Kirito.

Leafa sure has amazing hearing to be honest to hear Tonkii who came to save 'em.

Kirito had to throw Excaliber since he couldn't jump on Tonkii due to its weight, but epic Sinon is epic and saved the day :3

Sinon's request made the rest of the girls jealous XD.

Wohooo! Quest rewards!

Even Kirito's mechatronics skills are OP...

Dat ending pic doe...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 1, 2014 3:26 PM

Aug 2014
I'm glad Sinon got his sword back, if Kirito really threw away the reason for these 3 episodes, then that would have been some real BS. What i didn't like is how he freely allows flirting and even does it back, while his girlfriend is standing right next to him, who doesn't even seem to care that much, by the way. Honestly, just cut it out. Seems like a lame attempt to keep the shipping viewers.

Overall it was a good episode. I knew all of those references to Thor couldn't have been a coincidence. It's kind of depressing seeing Klein beg NPCs for contact info while Kirito is completely oblivious/indifferent to all the girls drooling over him.

3.5/5. From what i hear, Asuna's going to be the main focus now...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 1, 2014 3:27 PM

Jul 2012
Maledict said:
From what i hear, Asuna's going to be the main focus now...

oh god
Nov 1, 2014 3:29 PM

Jun 2011
Finally done with this quest. Whatever comes next better be good.
Nov 1, 2014 3:43 PM

Jul 2014
demonkurama said:

Unfortunately next arc is all about Asuna :'(

May 2011
Gotta work hard for dem purps, Kiritos and Klein get them BiS. They suck dick at raiding though. Gotta avoid those stupidly telegraphed attacks and maximize DPS.

SHSL_Wizard said:
demonkurama said:

Unfortunately next arc is all about Asuna :'(

The character introduced in it makes it work
RockerXDNov 1, 2014 3:47 PM

Oct 2013
This is turning into shit,the first half was so0o0o0o much better.

Nov 1, 2014 3:45 PM

Sep 2014
We need a whole arc dedicated to Kirito and Klein. Klein could find an awesome girl(real) and kirito could help Klein win her love :P.
Nov 1, 2014 3:45 PM

Jan 2011
So it was a "trap" after all!

Two legendary items from one quest, with a rather easy boss. They sure are lucky. Wonder what Klein is going to do with Mjölnir though.

And Sinon was awesome when she got Excaliber back. I still don't understand why he threw it away, though, for several reasons:

He could have thrown it, and Klein or one of the girls could have catched it. After all, he could throw it quite far. Or, let Tonkii catch it. Or, let Tonkii catch him while he's carrying the sword - unless he could not walk at all. Maybe someone else could have jumped while carrying it, too.

This way it was a bit weird..
Nov 1, 2014 3:48 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.
Lol at Freyja turning into Thor. Poor Klien.
Kirito got excalibur and a nice celebratory feast at the end.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 1, 2014 3:49 PM

Jul 2013
Skuld <3
Lol Klein XD
Glad this arc is over. Looking forward to MR.
Nov 1, 2014 4:07 PM

Oct 2014
And with that, the arc is over. It was fairly quick, and it wasn't exactly what I would consider "amazing," but it was still entertaining nonetheless. It was nice to have another arc (however small it may be be) set in ALO. I'm one of the few people who seem to like that stuff for whatever reason.
Nov 1, 2014 4:09 PM

Aug 2012
I like these episodes quite a bit. Sure, I liked GGO, but I really like these arcs that don't take half of the season to show.

Now, on to Mother Rosario.
Nov 1, 2014 4:11 PM

Nov 2013
This really reminded me of the ending of the Miyazaki movie Castle in the Sky.

Balus, the place self-destructs and falls to the ground as the World Tree starts growing again.
Nov 1, 2014 4:12 PM

Aug 2014
I don't understand the point of this anime sometimes.
Nov 1, 2014 4:23 PM

Mar 2014
robis798 said:
AntonKutovoi said:
That was a good mini-arc. Way better than GGO.

LOL AT THIS.

Seriously this arc is meaningless, completely filler-like, the tone changed too quickly and abruptly, GGO events were practically erased.

Overall 3/10 for this arc. Horrible. Just when I thought SAO had redeemed itself.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Looking forward to see what they do with Mother Rosario, I just really don't want to be more disappointed then I already am.
Nov 1, 2014 4:39 PM

Jun 2013
I for once enjoyed this side track. Looking forward to Mother Rosario, for now, my expectations of SAO II have been met.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Nov 1, 2014 4:45 PM

Jun 2014
Kirito lifted Thor's hammer?!!

Asuna was so lame. Everyone was fighting with weapons while she's just standing there spouting spells. She was Lightning Flash Asuna!

I'm looking forward to the next arc because everyone said it's really good.
Nov 1, 2014 4:50 PM

Aug 2014
Oh noooo~ so everyone was right and Frejya was a guy! aka Thor! I was kinda hoping everyone was wrong or pulling my leg...you know people on the internet...LOL! But then I was happy when Klein was already getting over Frejya and flirting with Skuld..who seemed to like Klein a little bit...what was with that glittering dust? Her email transferred to him? Hopefully, Skuld is a girl...she's an NPC though right? hmmm.

Why did Kirito say the sword was too heavy and then throw it away? Was it "metaphorically" too heavy for him, like he didn't think he could handle the responsibility of having that sword yet, or literally he thought it was too heavy for him to handle at his current skill level? But then he seemed pleased when the Goddess gave him the sword...?

Can't wait for the next episode! Keep on trying your best Klein!
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Nov 1, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2014
Glad it wasn't dragged on. Shinon <3. Feel like Asuna isn't really Kirito's girlfriend. Like he's being shared with everyone, aha. He doesn't really treat her all that differently from the rest of the girls. If someone saw this ep, it would look like a harem where no one has confessed.
Nov 1, 2014 5:11 PM
Apr 2014
It was awesome~

Sinon is da best girl. Fuck everyone else.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 1, 2014 5:57 PM
Jul 2014
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
Oh noooo~ so everyone was right and Frejya was a guy! aka Thor! I was kinda hoping everyone was wrong or pulling my leg...you know people on the internet...LOL! But then I was happy when Klein was already getting over Frejya and flirting with Skuld..who seemed to like Klein a little bit...what was with that glittering dust? Her email transferred to him? Hopefully, Skuld is a girl...she's an NPC though right? hmmm.

Why did Kirito say the sword was too heavy and then throw it away? Was it "metaphorically" too heavy for him, like he didn't think he could handle the responsibility of having that sword yet, or literally he thought it was too heavy for him to handle at his current skill level? But then he seemed pleased when the Goddess gave him the sword...?

Out of the three goddess, Skuld is the only one who is not an NPC. , she's in fact a GM who accidentally triggered the Cardinals' auto quest generation system, and also accidentally "let" cardinal destroy the map. The glittering dust was actually Skuld giving her contact data to Klein.

As for the sword, he threw it because it was too heavy in weight, thus exceeding his weight limit. Right before he threw it, we were shown Kirito's leg. Look at the ice, it cracks right below his leg. That's how heavy it was.
When the weight limit is exceeded, you cannot jump. So he had to threw it away, or he will die.
Nov 1, 2014 6:01 PM

Dec 2013
MiniArc is over. Now for the final one
Nov 1, 2014 6:04 PM

Mar 2012
Why is Klein trying to date NPCs? WTF, seriously?
Nov 1, 2014 6:05 PM

Apr 2011
Honestly I didn't care for this arc. Glad it's over with.
Nov 1, 2014 6:30 PM

Sep 2014
Delca said:
SoonaxUchiha02 said:

Out of the three goddess, Skuld is the only one who is not an NPC. , she's in fact a GM who accidentally triggered the Cardinals' auto quest generation system, and also accidentally "let" cardinal destroy the map. The glittering dust was actually Skuld giving her contact data to Klein.

As for the sword, he threw it because it was too heavy in weight, thus exceeding his weight limit. Right before he threw it, we were shown Kirito's leg. Look at the ice, it cracks right below his leg. That's how heavy it was.
When the weight limit is exceeded, you cannot jump. So he had to threw it away, or he will die.

Guessing that was only in the LN ? Would be cool if Klein met up with her lol. He needs some love.
Nov 1, 2014 6:40 PM

Jul 2014
So much for Gun Gale Online. It's still an okay anime, but it would have been nice for a new game to be added rather than reverting to a previous one.
Nov 1, 2014 6:58 PM

Jan 2014
FINALLYYYY it't over!! So the Excalibur arc, or Excaliber, was just filler? It sure seemed like it.
Nov 1, 2014 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
Reyxe said:
It was awesome~

Sinon is da best girl. Fuck everyone else.

I agree
Nov 1, 2014 7:41 PM

Oct 2013
Excaliber is not a filler. It's simply a short arc with some very essential plot points.

Especially for people who watched Accel/World, I imagine.
Nov 1, 2014 7:41 PM

Sep 2014
[i][u]IN THIS ARC:[/i][/u]

The art was well adapted.
The animations were decent.
Props to the animation studio(s) for those; I guess.

story and script are whatever, but the animation production can't really do much to make the light novel arc's story and dialogue better

-----------------------------------------
cringed some this episode

The depiction of the "Excaliber" sword in the OP reminded me of
Darstorm-SandudeNov 1, 2014 7:46 PM
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Nov 1, 2014 8:04 PM

Sep 2012
Zeally said:
well that was the shortest arc ever. Pretty boring at that.

tfw the boss reminds you of ulduar from world of warcraft lmao

Yeah, he was like Hodir but scripted as a target dummy in SW, come on, full dps squad rekt him so hard? And he attacked like once per 3 years.

With this the worst arc in SAO is finally over, can't wait for MR (imo best arc).

Also Sinon confirmed again to be best girl.
Nov 1, 2014 8:05 PM

Jun 2014
snowyblizzard said:
Jerkhov said:
So did Klein get her number?

Yup. People act like he didn't though. If i remember correctly, the dust is basically the visualization of data transfer.

So she isn't an NPC? or an AI?
It'd be kind of funny to see Klein dating an NPC though.

Hope they do better with the next arc. This wasn't really all that great, but I guess it's important since Kirito got Excalibur.
Nov 1, 2014 8:21 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
+5 pts for Sinon, she saved Excalibur-kun.

Sinon by far best girl. Making Kirito promise to think of her each time he draws his new sword because she recovered it and fixed it. The other girls were jealous of that lol.

Poor Klein, Freiya was a trap, but in the end Skuld gave him a present so he can cherish.

Well looks like it's time to move on to Mother's Rosario. I would've have liked to see more Sinon x Kirito moments.

Nov 1, 2014 8:32 PM

Sep 2014
It was a good episode, I liked it. Felt like they spent too much time on individual characters taking potshots at the giant though.

Anyone care to explain what was the reward the rest of the cast received? (Other than Klein and Kirito) It piqued my interest but was never elaborated
Nov 1, 2014 8:41 PM

Sep 2014
This was pretty boring.

The fight wasnt exciting

And i was waiting for some plot twist to happen, but sadly i didnt get any.
And im really hating that Klein guy, but in every anime you do need one of those guys.
Nov 1, 2014 9:13 PM
Aug 2014
I really liked the last two episodes because it felt like the SAO we never had. Actual dungeoning/lore/places in SAO being explored. We need more fleshing out of Alheim/SAO (at least I like that better than constantly jumping into new VRMMOs).
Nov 1, 2014 9:19 PM

Oct 2013
awesome quest arc!
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 1, 2014 9:35 PM

Jan 2011
I thought he was just talking figuratively at first when he said the sword was too heavy for him.
Nov 1, 2014 10:42 PM

Sep 2008
Best trap or greatest trap?

and of course, obligatory Sinon best girl.
Nov 1, 2014 10:58 PM

Apr 2013
Yay now on to MR
Nov 1, 2014 10:59 PM

Jan 2009
that arc is over quick lol
Nov 1, 2014 11:36 PM

Jul 2014
BakaKaito said:
Fireego said:
Thrym got rek'd when Freyja transformed into freakin' Thor.
Klein also got rek'd because of that.
At least he gets Mjolnir, while Kirito gets Excaliber.

Although Sinon does make her moves on Kirito by retrieving Excaliber.
Klein's also making moves on Skuld.

So this short arc ends with Kirito paying for food because he's the owner of Excaliber and not Excalibur.
Even though I enjoyed this arc, can't wait for the next one. (^_^)

By the way, anyone have an HD version of that ending picture?
What do you consider HD?
Actual Size: 1920 x 1080

Danke!
Nov 1, 2014 11:39 PM

Jul 2014
Bomb2chest said:
CookingPriest said:

Sinnon explained it - the misnaming works as reference to "someone of highest caliber"

Just saying the person who wields the sword is a person with skill,honor, etc. Basically a great person ?

I think more like a person who got it
All alone
Though it could refer us to the fact that without his friends Kirito would´ve been rekt always and that having friends (or harem xD) can help you become a high caliber guy o gal.
Nov 1, 2014 11:41 PM

Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
robis798 said:

Seriously this arc is meaningless, completely filler-like,

It established the nature of Cardinal System(which is VERY important), showcased the effects it can have on virtual worlds(which is VERY important), gave Kirito excaliber(which is VERY important), set up quite a few other plot lines for future(which are VERY important)

the tone changed too quickly and abruptly,

That's called a breather.
After heavy stressful situations you want to lay back and have fun. TOo bad that that fun was still stressful because of game trying to self-destruct.

GGO events were practically erased.

Except they were not , see above.

If that happened to Ghost Recon Phantoms I would cry since I made good memories back there, even someone helped me to program something through the chat when I asked....
I was last place, but my HW first...
Nov 1, 2014 11:45 PM

Jul 2014
-ShadowClaw- said:
Hey respect my Boy Klein

He Got a Legendary Weapon, Also he got Skuld's Contact info and (Reslly people nobody noticed Lisbeths words towrads klein at the end ?) i can totally Ship Lisbeth and Klein now :) Move over Kirito there is a new player heading your way.
+1
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by ejleon »»
May 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.