Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2014 5:21 PM

Jan 2014
That was quite a sad episode plus we got to see Ging.

Next episode has Hisoka I see. Finally! I miss him and his pedophile comments.

Jul 1, 2014 5:23 PM

Mar 2012
So, this is the last arc before the anime ends? The anime's story it's too close to the manga, it will end soon. I give it more 14 episodes to end, 20 at max.
Jul 1, 2014 5:28 PM

Apr 2011
WTF

Meruem's brother turned out to be the reincarnated Kite ... as a girl ?

XDDDDD

Yay no more ants and Hisoka is back.
Jul 1, 2014 5:28 PM

Jan 2014
The Zodiacs seem to be an interesting group. I'm more interested in the method Killua will employ to save Gon.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 1, 2014 5:30 PM

Mar 2014
RedRoseFring said:
The Zodiacs seem to be an interesting group. I'm more interested in the method Killua will employ to save Gon.

With the power of the Dragon Balls.
Jul 1, 2014 5:57 PM

Mar 2014
dem feels. This arc is gonna be great.

jreginald said:
RedRoseFring said:

With the power of the Dragon Balls.

but with much higher risks.

"give me your fingernail". I'm just saiyajin.
Jul 1, 2014 6:02 PM

Sep 2013
That chimera chick that can eat nen curses I think she will cure Chrollo if that other dude didn't work out.

New ed next ep I hope and new op animation :)
Jul 1, 2014 6:31 PM

Feb 2013
The mother/daughter reunion was beautiful, Kite being reborn as a little girl was odd, Ging appearing at the end of the episode made me scream like a school girl.

Very satisfying episode and now I'm hyped for the election arc.
Jul 1, 2014 6:38 PM

Jan 2014
"Try to not die before you die"
quote of the month
Woah, Ging?!
Jul 1, 2014 6:50 PM

Oct 2010
They pulled a Fate Stay night..

Jul 1, 2014 7:00 PM

Jan 2011
was a long ride but the ant arc is finally over had a blast seeing all these great moments!

just have to say i love the set up so far for this new arc already

kite an kid now
killua is set on saving Gon
Zodiacs are here and they look mad weird
Ging is fucking here!
Hisoka is fucking here too!
Jul 1, 2014 7:13 PM

Dec 2008
Is my beloved Hisoka going to make an appearance in the next episode?! Yay! Hisoka, darling, you've been gone too long. My body is totally ready for you!!

A true mother's love...there's nothing else in the world like it. The reunion scene with Reina and her mother was absolutely beautiful.

Looks like a little bit of Kite still lives on. Though, I would've prefered it if that little piece was in the body of a boy.

Morel's reaction to that revelation was priceless!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 1, 2014 7:49 PM

Jun 2014
Kite's alive, that was unexpected. I just couldn't hold back the tears when I saw Reina reunite with her mom, I agree there's nothing like a mother's love I'm so happy they got back together, I hope Colt does as well now. I can't believe Ging is here! By the way if someone doesn't mind explaining (I must've forgotten) who are the Zodiacs?
Jul 1, 2014 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
Shitload of goosebumps at the end. Great episode.
Jul 1, 2014 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
Rukz16 said:
Kite's alive, that was unexpected. I just couldn't hold back the tears when I saw Reina reunite with her mom, I agree there's nothing like a mother's love I'm so happy they got back together, I hope Colt does as well now. I can't believe Ging is here! By the way if someone doesn't mind explaining (I must've forgotten) who are the Zodiacs?

You don't forgotten. They're first introduced in this episode. In the next episode, there will be more explications about them.
Jul 1, 2014 8:15 PM

Jan 2014
You have to feel bad for Hisoka, he's probably going to fall into a deep depression because he never got to fight the king or the royal guard.
Jul 1, 2014 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
ichii_1 said:
That chimera chick that can eat nen curses I think she will cure Chrollo if that other dude didn't work out.

New ed next ep I hope and new op animation :)

nice. chrollo will be cured
Cty Best mid
Jul 1, 2014 8:43 PM
Sep 2013
OMG!! Amazing Episode!! When I heard that girl saying "My name is Kite", I was like "WTF?!?!?!" :D :D and that reunion between Reina and her mother was so touching :) Ging is back and Hisoka is coming next weak!! Can't wait! Hype! Hype! Hype! :D :D
5/5.
Jul 1, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
nice to hear some different OST's and and a sick ending reveal

next episode looks fun

also Hisoka returns hype
Jul 1, 2014 9:13 PM

Apr 2010
So looking forward to the next episode to see more of Ging. And btw, WTF KITE WTF JUST HAPPENED?!

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Jul 1, 2014 9:15 PM

Dec 2011
I feel like a lot of the surprises in this episode were dulled for me... but oh well, still an amazing episode. The scene with Reina and her mother had me choking up. :') What a touching reunion.

Also, all those flowers lined up outside the palace... Shiet.

I don't like Hina's voice. Did they change the VA? I don't remember her voice sounding so... forced. Her voice didn't match Hina's character, and it sounds like the VA forced herself to match Hina's cheerful, childish tone.

I didn't really like Kite's voice either. It was adorable... but not what I was expecting. I expected Kite to sound more like a child (considering her development so far is equivalent to a young child), perhaps even a little tomboy-ish (she is Kite, after all)... But... Aahhh, I'm really just nit-picking now.
Jul 1, 2014 9:19 PM

Jul 2013
for people that are still confused remember back to what kite rolled with his Nen technique shortly before hes death and why it wasn't explained
Jul 1, 2014 9:28 PM

Dec 2011
So much emotion in this chapter that conclude Chimera Ant Arc next Election Arc who is kinda short and finally Ging returns
Jul 1, 2014 9:35 PM

Jan 2014
Such a heartwarming episode !!!
OMFG KITE :D
Ging has finally made his appearance
The ant arc is now OVER !!!
Jul 1, 2014 9:49 PM
Aug 2012
This episode was amazing, but...

we need a new and epic opening. I have watched this season NGNL, Sidonia no Kishi, Black Bullet and all have nice openings, HxH is much better than these but the opening song sucks, time to change that!!
Jul 1, 2014 9:59 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
mca said:
The ants who abducted and killed thousands of people can now coexist with humans. Ironic.

Keep in mind these were former humans reincarnated as Chimera Ants.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 1, 2014 10:11 PM

Sep 2012
I can't have been the only one to shed some tears when Reina was re-united with her mother. That scene was just so goddamn intense :'(

I wonder if there will be a change in the ED, considering the new arc won't last longer than 10 episodes (or so I've heard)
Jul 1, 2014 10:33 PM

Aug 2012
jirico said:
This episode was amazing, but...

we need a new and epic opening. I have watched this season NGNL, Sidonia no Kishi, Black Bullet and all have nice openings, HxH is much better than these but the opening song sucks, time to change that!!

They're not changing it. The opening is a reference to Smile Bomb from Yu Yu Hakusho.
Aka-himeJul 1, 2014 10:36 PM
Jul 1, 2014 10:42 PM

Oct 2013
I'm 100% sure the opening will change next week. This is the end of the ant arc, a new arc will start next week so we need new opening. I hope Hisoka is in this opening. XD
Jul 1, 2014 10:50 PM

Jun 2013
lol everyone is confused by the baby chimera calling herself as kite, well I was like what on earth xD, another damn great episode, another damn touching episode, so kurt (colt) is not going to join reina and his mom? and where is palm?
killuas' eyes, damn scary ..

the best anime so far, it wrapped nicely
this episode : 5/5
this anime : 10/10
Jul 1, 2014 11:06 PM

Feb 2009
I'm just glad to see Killua again. Seriously, I got so used to having him and Gon being our main pair that it's been tough not seeing much of them ESPECIALLY when the episodes involving them were the best in the arc. Hoping for more Killua-centric stuff. I've heard about what happens later but... I don't want him getting the Leorio/Kurapika treatment dang it!
Jul 1, 2014 11:11 PM

Aug 2012
keragamming said:
I'm 100% sure the opening will change next week. This is the end of the ant arc, a new arc will start next week so we need new opening. I hope Hisoka is in this opening. XD

It won't. The only thing they'll change is the animation for it.
Jul 1, 2014 11:43 PM

May 2013
Loved the calm atmosphere this episode. There was a noticeable lack of tension as well, which after the intensity that came before was a more than welcome change. I'm pleasantly surprised that Togashi took the time to give closure to characters as minor as Brovada and Reina. It brought the arc full circle and provided for some genuinely touching moments in the episodes first half. It's especially amazing how much I've come to like Welfin; he was just kind of 'meh' when he was first introduced but has really grown on me.

So...Kite was reincarnated as an Ant? Not exactly sure how I feel about that, and I'm a bit confused as to how its possible, and more so, what's the point of this particular story development? I think I'll put my thoughts about this on hold until I see a bit more regarding this revelation, since it was kind of left hanging there.

Killua's scene in the hospital stole the episode for me. It was great, almost completely flawless in its execution. I'm glad that Killua finally acknowledged how abusive his relationship with Gon had become. Throughout the series it was always Gon being the idiot and Killua being the voice of reason that looked after him. This was often played for laughs and was seen by both as perfectly fine. Gon even told Killua directly back in the Yorkshin arc that Killua's job was to correct Gon when he screwed up. Which he did, but this time Gon has crossed the line. Like many other habits and actions Gon had done before the Chimera Ant arc, this one took on a serious undertone and as we can now see, Gon's selfishness had dire consequences on himself and his relationship with Killua.

It makes sense that Killua, whose entire life is built around his relationship with Gon, would be so pained by this. The two displayed such great companionship and teamwork in Greed Island, which makes its destruction in Chimera Ant that much more devastating. It's interesting to note, though, that Killua was already being abused by Gon somewhat by the time of the dodegball match in Greed Island. Killua agreed to holding the ball as Gon powered up to punch it, but Gon himself insisted that only Killua could do it, completely disregarding the severe burns that Killua suffered. This crucial flaw in their friendship has been hinted at for the whole series, and I'm excited that it's finally getting the full brunt of the narrative's focus. Bring it on, Togashi.

That ending though...the Zodiacs seem like an eccentric bunch, looking forward to their character interactions. And Ging is finally here in the flesh. We've seen flashes of the kind of person he is over the course of the series, but I'm looking forward to a more thorough characterization.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jul 1, 2014 11:51 PM

Dec 2013
lol Hisoka :DD
Jul 2, 2014 12:06 AM

Apr 2013
Ging is one of the Zodiacs Netero mentioned interesting. Very touching episode especially w/ the Reina part. Meruem's little sister grown up and...Kite??? Elections arc started. Let the politics begin.
Hisoka next episode FFINALY Hisoka is BACK!!!
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Jul 2, 2014 1:20 AM
Feb 2013
Great epilogue chapter to an awesome arc, and an interesting prologue to another. While everyone else is creaming their pants with Ging's arrival and Hisoka at the preview, I must say I really enjoyed Reina's reunion with her mother. A lot of feels there even for a minor character. And how Brovada and Welfin has developed into really different characters since the beginning of the CA arc.
Jul 2, 2014 1:25 AM
Feb 2013
Rukz16 said:

Committee/back bone/board of directors for Hunter organization. Don't worry about them, they'll be officially introduced soon.
Jul 2, 2014 1:43 AM
Oct 2011
Wonder whether they'll ever show us what Hisoka was doing during the whole fuss in East Gorteau. ('cause in the manga they did around the beginning of the invasion)
Jul 2, 2014 1:58 AM

Jun 2012
yes bring on the election arc!!
Jul 2, 2014 2:10 AM

Apr 2009
Spoilers: New opening for the Election arc got leaked!
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 2, 2014 2:43 AM

Jun 2009
DalPuri said:

I didn't really like Kite's voice either. It was adorable... but not what I was expecting. I expected Kite to sound more like a child (considering her development so far is equivalent to a young child), perhaps even a little tomboy-ish (she is Kite, after all)... But... Aahhh, I'm really just nit-picking now.

Considering how fast she ages, the voice should change in the future no?

Looking forward to him and Ging, but I think what amused me the most was the Gon-san part.
Ston3_FreeN7Jul 2, 2014 2:47 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 2, 2014 2:50 AM

Mar 2012
Here it comes..! It's funny how Pariston's seiyuu was the same as Hisoka's on the old version.
Keep moving forward
Jul 2, 2014 3:09 AM

Jul 2013
[quote=insan3Spectre]
DalPuri said:

I suppose she was given that voice on the predilection of how she'll sound later. (Ch. 336? 337? Can't quite remember.)
Jul 2, 2014 3:16 AM
Apr 2013
there were 11 zodiacs in the picture. was netero originally one of them or is there one missing?

i'm kinda confused as to kite - i mean, is he an ant somehow? it doesn't make sense since he wasn't fed to the queen, and also because that little girl is practically human, not ant (confused to be reina), but i can't think of anything else.

i wanna see what power/plan killua's gonna execute here.
Jul 2, 2014 3:26 AM

Mar 2012
I loved everything about this arc, such masterpiece 10/10!
Jul 2, 2014 3:39 AM
Oct 2011
guyuz said:
there were 11 zodiacs in the picture. was netero originally one of them or is there one missing?
He's already inside.
Candor123Jul 2, 2014 3:48 AM
Jul 2, 2014 4:49 AM

Jun 2009
GalekC said:
I guess Gyro's currently the LS/CH of Hunter x Hunter 2011. (LS/CH is to Game of Thrones.)
insan3Spectre said:
Btw, I've got to say I'm pleased with how Madhouse rearranged the events. In the manga the Zodiacs were shown right after Meruem and Komugi's death, which imo was not optimal placement. Placing it at the end of this episode was much better, imo.
And GING! That was one awesome-as-hell way for MadHouse to have him enter the stage.

Yeah, that was really cool. Though I have to admit I liked how he was just non-chalantly sitting at the table with the other Zodiacs in the manga. I had to do a double take there, lol.I was like "wait, what?"
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 2, 2014 5:34 AM
Jul 2013
It was an awesome ending

Jul 2, 2014 5:58 AM

Dec 2011
Time to start the Election arc!

Pariston's face is quite annoying in the anime too. Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2014 7:06 AM

Dec 2013
Wut. Was that Ging in the last scene?
Yay, Hisoka in the preview. I hope we'll see the whole Phantom Troupe.
Chimer Ant arc sucked. It was not bad until Meruem was born. It was so fucking boring since then.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 84 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HybridMBL - Jun 15, 2013

262 by Nerdason »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 83 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RX-782 - Jun 8, 2013

216 by Nerdason »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HybridMBL - Jun 1, 2013

225 by Nerdason »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

917 by JimDotJPEG »»
Yesterday, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Avato-chan - Apr 7, 2012

108 by dspr »»
Yesterday, 12:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.