Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2009 2:51 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OP second me watch and is most EPIC OP I seen. Few OP can make my heart beat. This one does. All is perfect. What I liked: Hiro-san! Good that he did resist Kuro hakushaku and was so LOL how he grind his teeth, what loser he is. Oro and Guin/Remus meeting in prison halls. Suni/Rinda meeting (loved all of it and especially how Rinda saves Suni from big rat hurting her. Suni's people attacking the place where she is trapped (good and well done, I LOL how stupid and weak against monkeys Mongols are). Guin receiving sword that is in OP...nice sword! GUIN and all (his voice, appearance and expressions. All perfect and make me always interested in how he acts. Guin killing bodyguard of Kuro hakushaku with one hit palm! O_O WOW! That was epic by itself with the music. Guin killing the Kuro hakushaku epic also. Rinda and Remus getting back their royal daggers. The escape at the end.
What I did not like

Suni and Rinda are so cute here. Suni is kawaii! I like her design.

Very EPIC part!

Does Guin have vibrating palm where he just touches and all inside breaks? Me still find hard to believe with one hand this person dead.

Good riddance is all I have to say to this.

japanme32Apr 20, 2009 2:17 PM
Apr 20, 2009 11:46 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Linda smashing a rat with a rock... LOL

Heart-exploding palm of death ---> Guin's secret technique

Ok, I admit they exaggerated thing a bit too much, but this is definitely going to get better (once we see the many army battles between the people/beasts of Nospherus lead by Guin and the Mongaul Colonization Army lead by Princess Amnelis --> the famous Battles of Nospherus)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 20, 2009 11:48 AM

Jun 2008
dont believe subs have been released for episode 2 yet.....
im putting this show "on-hold" until subs are released.
Apr 20, 2009 2:18 PM

Jan 2009
wakka9ca said:

Ok, I admit they exaggerated thing a bit too much, but this is definitely going to get better (once we see the many army battles between the people/beasts of Nospherus lead by Guin and the Mongaul Colonization Army lead by Princess Amnelis --> the famous Battles of Nospherus)

Cool Guin secret technique me knew, he had something like that. Me want to see other battles he use that. It look like good sneaky attack....if you see guy face you know what me mean about it.
Apr 23, 2009 5:01 PM

Feb 2009
I am sure this anime will have epic battle, but still WHERE IS THE BLOOD?! I want blood! :P
Apr 24, 2009 5:42 AM

Jun 2008
Decent episode.

So how did this guy died?

Apr 24, 2009 5:47 AM

Jan 2009
wakka9ca said:

kie_ said:
Decent episode.

So how did this guy died?

this---->Heart-exploding palm of death ---> Guin's secret technique
Apr 24, 2009 8:53 AM

Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:

Since 26 episodes are planned will the battle fit in the series?
Apr 24, 2009 12:20 PM

Aug 2008
I agree on a lot of the exaggeration. Also the music playing during Otto's death (I was surprised) was kind of on the bad/misplaced side. Regardless, I liked the episode, but I'm not too fond of Sumi, or whaterver that thing's name is.
Apr 24, 2009 12:36 PM

Jan 2009
noteDhero said:
I agree on a lot of the exaggeration. Also the music playing during Otto's death (I was surprised) was kind of on the bad/misplaced side. Regardless, I liked the episode, but I'm not too fond of Sumi, or whaterver that thing's name is.

You not think Sumi is cute? Thinking her role will be important as support but it might be for emotions.
Apr 24, 2009 12:57 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
japanme32 said:
noteDhero said:

You not think Sumi is cute? Thinking her role will be important as support but it might be for emotions.

Suni is a the daughter of a major Sem tribe leader. The *monkeys* are VERY intelligent and sentient race, as it will be shown in the next few episodes....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 24, 2009 1:00 PM

Aug 2008
No...she's a monkey girl. That's not cute. It feels like she's there solely as a mascot, and to brighten things up a bit. But maybe she'll be useful.

In after wakka's comment. I guess we'll see then.
Apr 24, 2009 1:34 PM

Jan 2009
wakka9ca said:
japanme32 said:
noteDhero said:

Suni is a the daughter of a major Sem tribe leader. The *monkeys* are VERY intelligent and sentient race, as it will be shown in the next few episodes....

Same here we will see how it develops. Thanks for heads up on it. They did act smart in the fight, me noticed.
Apr 24, 2009 2:05 PM
Dec 2007
And thus the party is formed. Feels pretty old school though, I can see how the original novel was written 30 years ago, we don't really have these kinds of heroic fantasy novels with charismatic heroes and super techniques fighting versus a classical bestiary and some powerful nemesis. It's not necessarily a bad thing either, we just have to adapt to the time the novel was written and the style of the anime ;p The animation is going down and down though.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 24, 2009 3:32 PM

May 2008
So episode 3 is subbed by Gayako, anyone know what they are like??
Apr 24, 2009 5:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
lanella said:
So episode 3 is subbed by Gayako, anyone know what they are like??

they are pretty decent, pretty good quality
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Apr 24, 2009 6:10 PM

Apr 2009
the first boss was so easy, no match on guin.
no thrill
PM me and let's be friends.
Apr 24, 2009 6:36 PM

Dec 2007
Yeah that "boss" with the silver hair was so anti-climatic
Apr 24, 2009 7:12 PM

Apr 2008
I'm liking this show a lot. Sure the heart stopping palm strike to the chest was rather anti-climatic and the monkey girl, Suni, is rather weird but the rest was good. I like these old school fantasy series. The only part of this show I don't really like much is how annoying Remus is.
Apr 24, 2009 7:56 PM

Feb 2009
i hate the weird monkey girl, and wtf was with that fight who looked like he was strong but got owned with a single punch?
Apr 24, 2009 9:05 PM

Jul 2008
guin can kick serious ass when he wants to, even facing off against a spirit he pwns it. and now we have a semi major battle with those monkey like people attacking the fortress, i wonder when we'll get to see an even bigger battle?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 25, 2009 2:23 AM

Feb 2008
Mystic Palm of Death was... weird, to say the least.
I also don't like the monkey girl, so I hope she actually plays an important role.
Apr 25, 2009 5:00 AM

Apr 2008
Nice episode. I was disapointed that that bandit didn't get to fight Guin. He looked pretty strong. Count blablabla was kinda lame and Guin stole that idea of making his sword into a flaming sword from me.

lol @ Remus for doing something whithout being stupid. Also Guin's jump from that tower was wat 300 meters? You cant survive that even if you land in the water. Well it depends on the depth but still there's no way!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Apr 25, 2009 6:32 AM

Apr 2009
Some of the stuff is iffy. But it's still pretty good. I can't help but feel that the show will be really epic (those backgrounds are so awesome).
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Apr 25, 2009 9:24 AM

Oct 2007
I have to say this is the first episode of the series that i actualy liked.

Also Guin's jump from that tower was wat 300 meters? You cant survive that even if you land in the water. Well it depends on the depth but still there's no way!

Thats so in order to give you a more epic feeling and ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2009 9:30 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Remus_Lupa said:

lol @ Remus for doing something whithout being stupid. Also Guin's jump from that tower was wat 300 meters? You cant survive that even if you land in the water. Well it depends on the depth but still there's no way!

Did you expect Guin to be a regular human?
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Apr 25, 2009 11:57 AM

Apr 2008
wakka9ca said:
Did you expect Guin to be a regular human?
Good point. ^^
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Apr 25, 2009 4:35 PM

May 2008
lol i tink i saw the crimson mercenary at the bank of the river that they jumped into lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 25, 2009 9:49 PM

Feb 2008
it was too cool the way he defeated that guy. it was too quick i was like WTF WAS THAT?

well the boss wasn't much either but that's not what the story is about....it about guin. the real story is yet to play out. i bet this is the first of many bosses he will have to fight in his journey to find out who he is.
Apr 26, 2009 7:53 PM

Oct 2008
I'm liking this series quite a bit. Has a very epic feel to it. I was a bit skeptical of the whole leopard headed man thing at first and indeed it was the reason i didn't give it much attention for a while, but the show pulls it off without making it look stupid.

The super punch to the chest of that assassin guy was pretty surprising. A little disappointing because the fight was shorter and less epic than i would have liked, but it was still good up until that point and it wasn't a terrible way to end it i suppose. The fight against the black count made up for it and kind of justified things since i suppose it would be kind of strange if the leader's bodyguard was harder to kill than the leader himself.
Apr 27, 2009 5:16 PM

Oct 2007
wakka9ca said:

Just one question, how much longer before we can see that battle into the series?

As for the episode, well they already pulled off this kind of plot in just 3 episodes, so I really expected great thing to happened specially the one battle that Wakka was talking about.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 27, 2009 6:58 PM

Jan 2009
Manliness was at a series time high today. Also was the category of "Killing things with Fire".
Apr 27, 2009 8:01 PM

Jun 2007

"THUNDERCATS HOOOO!" haha thats all I could think about when I saw this. Then 20 seconds later "I HAVE THE POWER" popped into my head.

This series has actually gotten a lot better. The first episode was a major turn off for me but it's slowly picking up speed even though some things are really exaggerated and rushed.
Apr 27, 2009 8:25 PM

Jul 2007
For me this series started out pretty average, but now after the 3rd episode im slowly getting hooked.

After the obvious FMA2, i think this will be my 2nd top anime for this spring.
Apr 28, 2009 12:49 AM

Aug 2007
so how did the crimson mercenary manage to sneak a sword, a whip, and a couple knives into his jail cel.

w

t

f
Apr 28, 2009 3:29 AM

May 2008
They should add Comedy to its genre. Mystic Palm Technique anyone?
Apr 29, 2009 7:33 AM

Dec 2007
So far there is something very unsatisfying with Guin Saga. All this stuff is happening but i don't really care what. Not that engaging.

But since the first ep i thought it had potential. I just hope it turns out as something worth watching.
Apr 29, 2009 8:39 AM

Jan 2009
ok episode. I didn't like the new monkey girl, and fight against the antagonist wasn't very thrilling... Well, at least main character is partly a cat ^_-
Apr 29, 2009 11:02 PM

Sep 2008
I'm really enjoying this series, it's definately something quite different which i like. It has some great animation and art, interesting characters, awesome fights (well that palm win was lame) but the rest of the fighting was cool. I don't like the monkey girl though, i saw her in the op/ed and i just knew she would annoy me and she did. :/ oh well atleast there's Guin, Rinda, and Istvan who are cool. Can't wait to see more of this anime, most likely will be one of the best this season.
May 1, 2009 4:54 AM

Aug 2008
Officially dropped. I'm too annoyed by irrational character behaviour and new characters. I'm getting too old for this -mighty hero rescuing 'somewhat' important kids- kind of shows.
May 1, 2009 5:25 AM

Oct 2008
Ximinez said:
Officially dropped. I'm too annoyed by irrational character behaviour and new characters. I'm getting too old for this -mighty hero rescuing 'somewhat' important kids- kind of shows.

The plot is far from a might hero rescuing important kids actually. There's more to Guin's story than that. We still don't know anything about his background and why he ended up with a leopard's head.
I like the pacing. The characters are very interesting so far.
May 1, 2009 5:41 AM

Aug 2008
Rebella said:
Ximinez said:

The plot is far from a might hero rescuing important kids actually. There's more to Guin's story than that. We still don't know anything about his background and why he ended up with a leopard's head.

I'd love to know more about Guin's history but whole construction of this show repells me (i.e. why prisoners aren't treated like prisoners?). This 3 episodes revolving around Parros twins terribly bored me.
May 1, 2009 5:53 AM

Oct 2008
Ximinez said:
Rebella said:
Ximinez said:

I'd love to know more about Guin's history but whole construction of this show repells me (i.e. why prisoners aren't treated like prisoners?). This 3 episodes revolving around Parros twins terribly bored me.

Such developments always leave room for speculations. I'm guessing, the reason the guards were treating them that way is because they were ordered not to hurt them by their lord. The black lord obviously needed the twin in order for them to use the daggers. But after he saw what Guin was capable of, he decided to let him live. Don't forget that the black lord wasn't real.
May 1, 2009 5:54 AM

Oct 2007
Ximinez said:
This 3 episodes revolving around Parros twins terribly bored me.
LOL because they are the main characters?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 1, 2009 6:12 AM

Aug 2008
Title says 'GUIN saga' but whatever. Enjoy the show if you like - it's not bad, just doesn't suit my taste.
May 2, 2009 2:00 AM

Aug 2008
The background music turns me on especially during the fight scenes. I find the comic animal relief sidekick too annoying for me. I am also surprised that "leopard" man is too overpowered as long as you give him a sword to swing.

I wonder if the mercenary guy will join them? I did see him on the bottom of cliff. So, I'm assuming that they are going to join forces for now.

May 2, 2009 5:22 AM

Jul 2008
The background music turns me on especially during the fight scenes. I find the comic animal relief sidekick too annoying for me. I am also surprised that "leopard" man is too overpowered as long as you give him a sword to swing.

This is just the third episode. Main characters are usually strong in first episodes of an anime and things get challenging later on.
May 2, 2009 7:42 PM

Jul 2008
Quanta said:
I'm liking this show a lot. Sure the heart stopping palm strike to the chest was rather anti-climatic and the monkey girl, Suni, is rather weird but the rest was good. I like these old school fantasy series. The only part of this show I don't really like much is how annoying Remus is.

i love the series^^ Guin's technique was awesome :)
May 5, 2009 7:29 PM

Oct 2008
What about Guin's technique was awesome? His fight against the bodyguard is just starting, then suddenly he has his hand on the guys chest and the guy falls back into the random pool of water that he mysteriously rose out of, without any kind of exposition as to what just happened. WTF? And what was with the random strip of material that started winding itself around Guin's blade in the final fight? It just kind of floated through the sky and wrapped around the blade

This series seems very average to me so far. I mainly started watching it because Nobuo Uematsu was composing the music, but the music is as boring as the character archetypes that make up the series. This series reminds me of the Conan the Barbarian cartoons when I was younger. Not in the nostalgic way, more in the 'I wish I didn't waste mychildhood saturday mornings watching such crappy cartoons' kind of a way.

This is getting a good ol' fashioned DROP.
Fumble outta bed and stumble to the kitchen; Pour myself a cup of ambition

- Aesop Rock, 9-5er's Anthem
May 14, 2009 12:00 AM

Nov 2007
did anyone else get utterly confused when the mercenary had a whip and at least twenty knives with him in his cell.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 12, 2009

27 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 13, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Apr 12, 2009

70 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 30, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 14, 2009

17 by Adam_R »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

32 by nhkam »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

24 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.