Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 14, 2009 10:46 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode, plenty of action. Satoshi is growing on me, he's so laid back and yet unstoppable in a sense. Not sure what side he'll end up taking (if any).
Mar 15, 2009 1:55 AM
May 2008
is it just me or was animation real below average this week? neither michiko nor hana were as fabulous as they were before >.< and we waited 2 weeks for that!
Mar 15, 2009 3:24 AM

Oct 2008
Nah I noticed it as well. Hana's face looked...weird. I didn't notice much other animation problems though.

Still, I reckon Michiko to Hatchin's animation and art is the best of recent shows. Amazing quality, and the details of the scenery is astounding.
Mar 15, 2009 5:14 AM
Dec 2007
Yep, art direction is probably the best I've seen in an animation series, ever.

Well, apart from that, it was finally a great episode with everything that the series needs: action, emotion, direction and development. I still wonder why they did 12 or so filler episodes until now, it almost bored me to death and I was on the verge of dropping it every episode. This is the kind of series that doesn't need more than 13 episodes and every other episode above it is just a waste and dilutes the script over uninteresting "one-shot" adventures. I'm waiting for the ending now.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 15, 2009 9:13 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Fuck man, what happened to the animation?! That was not fun to watch. Hope the next ep will look better again.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 15, 2009 9:15 AM

Feb 2008
WTF was that?
Didn't the animators feel like doing a proper job? Damn... that was pretty ugly TBH. :/
Mar 15, 2009 1:50 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah, the animation quality was the only thing I remembered about this episode, it was so distracting. I usually don't even notice the animation, bad or otherwise... it must have been intentional, lack of funds maybe?
Mar 15, 2009 3:37 PM
Jun 2008
This is maybe the best episode up until ep. 20. With this episode the anime shows that it won't go for a happy ending. The last moment with Michiko and Jumbo was awesome, and the singing voice made the moment perfect.

I think its childish to talk about the art going in a single ep. down one notch when we get something this amazing...
Mar 15, 2009 7:37 PM

Mar 2009
loved this episode all tho i did notice the animation was bit different, but still gr8 episode. on to episode 20 =P
Mar 16, 2009 1:04 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
WindFalcon said:
I think its childish to talk about the art going in a single ep. down one notch when we get something this amazing...
I think you should watch the episode again, and compare it to 18 or 20. Don't make me take screenshots. :P

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 16, 2009 12:29 PM

Jun 2008
The animation was really distracting. I just couldn't focus.
Anyway, the episode was just simply DECENT.
Mar 16, 2009 1:50 PM

Sep 2008
The art in second half of episode 19 was disgusting, Hatchin looks like pokemon...

However ep was good, music also.
Mar 16, 2009 2:23 PM

Oct 2007
Paeru said:
The art in second half of episode 19 was disgusting, Hatchin looks like pokemon...

Super lulz She did! and Michiko's body was terribly misshapen. ugh upsetting that such a good episode was ruined by the art =/
Mar 16, 2009 4:05 PM
Jun 2008
cyruz said:
WindFalcon said:
I think you should watch the episode again, and compare it to 18 or 20. Don't make me take screenshots. :P

I'm really sorry that animation plays such a big role in your opinion. Even if it was with the animation of the original Naruto (where they drew feet for hands) this episode would still be great.
Mar 16, 2009 4:20 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
F Naruto. And of course does animation play a somewhat big role in an anime. The point is that the animation up to this point has been really, really good. But compared to all the previous episodes, it was simply bad in this particular episode. You may refer to the opinions of the other posters in this thread, too. It's not like I'm seeing this.

I'm not going to start hating on the anime because of this, it was simply an observation of something unexpected. Not a big deal anymore since episode 20 was animated properly again. The music saved this episode.
cyruzMar 16, 2009 4:26 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 16, 2009 6:09 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
geyik said:
is it just me or was animation real below average this week? neither michiko nor hana were as fabulous as they were before >.< and we waited 2 weeks for that!
cyruz said:
Fuck man, what happened to the animation?! That was not fun to watch. Hope the next ep will look better again.
De-JaY said:
WTF was that?
Didn't the animators feel like doing a proper job? Damn... that was pretty ugly TBH. :/
i agree with all of you. the main reason i watch anime is because of the artwork and animation!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Mar 17, 2009 12:56 AM

Sep 2007
Didn't even notice the animation, lol. Is it really that distracting? I think I'd literally have to focus on nothing else to even tell the difference between good and bad animation.

The art direction seemed as great as usual, anyway.
Mar 17, 2009 4:55 AM

Nov 2007
WTF happened with the animation in this episode!? Looked like shit :( I couldn't enjoy the episode because of that..
Mar 20, 2009 2:41 AM

Aug 2007
Michiko looked layk some kinda... no body.

Satoshi is evil but still kinda hott.

Whole episode sucked and even though there was a huge train crash, drugs and best friends breaking up, NOTHING HAPPENED.

x_X
Mar 22, 2009 7:25 PM

Nov 2006
wow...that was some pretty outstandingly bad QUALITY. wasn't expecting that from this show. :/
Mar 30, 2009 1:40 PM

Sep 2008
can anyone tell me the name of the song before the ED ?
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Apr 14, 2010 6:16 AM
Apr 2010
I aws also searching for this song FROM THE 19 EPISODE and I FINALLY FOUND IT IT IS FROM THE SECOND SOUNDTRACK OF MICHIKO TO HATCHIN AND IT IS CALLED TEMPORADA DAS FRUTAS .hOPE I COULD HELP ^___^
Apr 24, 2010 6:50 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode, a lot involvement of all the important characters and the ending was also amazing (especially the music) One of the best episodes so far for me.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 19, 2010 11:15 PM

Dec 2008
Yeah the art was all over the place. I think every character had a moment that made me think "that's a strange facial expression". Good episode though, Satoshi is totally badass.
Jul 31, 2010 12:36 PM

Jan 2008
WindFalcon said:
The last moment with Michiko and Jumbo was awesome, and the singing voice made the moment perfect.
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
Aug 18, 2010 8:56 PM

Jan 2009
Jacut said:

Well, apart from that, it was finally a great episode with everything that the series needs: action, emotion, direction and development. I still wonder why they did 12 or so filler episodes until now, it almost bored me to death and I was on the verge of dropping it every episode. This is the kind of series that doesn't need more than 13 episodes and every other episode above it is just a waste and dilutes the script over uninteresting "one-shot" adventures. I'm waiting for the ending now.

People still call them fillers this late into the series? Figured people would've been able to see that these episodes were their to bring about and strengthen the relationship between Michio and Hatchin.

As for this episode it was amazing, animation wasn't as bad as everyone is making out to be. Loved this episode.
Jun 18, 2011 7:27 AM

May 2010
Okay plot movement yay!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 2, 2011 1:30 AM

Jul 2008
burntlettuce said:

People still call them fillers this late into the series? Figured people would've been able to see that these episodes were their to bring about and strengthen the relationship between Michio and Hatchin.

As for this episode it was amazing, animation wasn't as bad as everyone is making out to be. Loved this episode.

I agree, I feel that almost every episode in the series had a purpose. There are only a few I would call true filler episodes.

I noticed the animation quality drop too, but it was not THAT terrible. It didn't distract me from watching it. And putting the animation aside, I thought this was one of the best episodes yet. The last few minutes were amazing.
Apr 11, 2012 7:16 AM

May 2008
What? i didnt see the art problem. Maybe because i was too interested in the story . Man its just one problem after another. What is the chances of Satoshi entering the same train as Michiko and Hatchin. Haha Coincidence sure is a scary thing

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 25, 2012 6:24 AM

Jul 2008
I'm starting to wonder if everything will actually connect before the end. It just feels a bit messy to me right now, there are a lot of details that I can't see a point in but I hope that changes. Anyway, the art is one of the things that makes this anime enjoyable so in that aspect this episode was kind of disappointing.
Jul 6, 2012 2:39 PM

Jul 2011
now im sick of michiko! its over move on with just you and hatchin but dont chase after a guy who obviously moved on.. look at the situation hatchin is in now.. just to make michiko happy and atsuko she went through all that to help her... um.. frenemy... and michiko is doing all this for a guy who keeps running away.. i said this before and shall say it again FUCK HIROSHI!!
Jul 28, 2012 1:45 PM
Jul 2012
jazzabelle said:
I aws also searching for this song FROM THE 19 EPISODE and I FINALLY FOUND IT IT IS FROM THE SECOND SOUNDTRACK OF MICHIKO TO HATCHIN AND IT IS CALLED TEMPORADA DAS FRUTAS .hOPE I COULD HELP ^___^

Thank you very much, mrzkitty. After the first accord of the guitar I came to find out what's the name of the song. You are an angel :bow
Jan 7, 2013 1:28 PM

Jan 2011
Why do I get a feeling that Atsuko likes Michiko as more than a friend?
Jan 17, 2013 1:53 PM
Aug 2012
Exkalibur said:
Why do I get a feeling that Atsuko likes Michiko as more than a friend?

She probably does lol. I can't imagine someone freaking out like that just over a friend or even a best friend XD. Well at least I can't imagine myself doing all that for some guy who was my childhood best friend and is responsible for jeopardizing my job :(
I feel pretty bad for Atsuko and its rather sad that the series doesn't give her enough attention despite her rather fascinating qualities and character development in the series. I wish there could have been more focus on her as well as Satoshi and that creepy guy, although I cannot really complain with the way the story turned out as for me all the episodes were in place and weren't just filler but were also for development of Michiko and Hatchin as well as their journey.
Mar 16, 2013 10:53 AM

May 2012
Damn that ending, shit is getting there, lets see what's next!
Oct 1, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2013
Satoshi is evil shit he gouged that guy's eye out with a cup 0_0

Never expected Satoshi and Hatchin to go together :p

Did anyone else lol when Atsuko had her break-down? That scene was so hilariously over-exaggerated.

I didn't really notice and art drop accept maybe when Atsuko was talking to Michiko in the train.
Oct 3, 2013 10:18 AM

Oct 2009
Guess they blew the budget on all those pointless episodes.
Good episode, poor Atsuko, Michiko doesn't give a crap about her :/
Dec 4, 2013 12:49 PM

Nov 2009
0_0 What the hell happened? The plot kind of . . . And then their is the art/animation. I really don't get why they would all of a sudden cut back on art during a more essential episode when they had so many fillers . . . Don't mind that much other than that it is distracting as hell how different it is.
Aug 13, 2014 6:33 AM
Sep 2013
Atsuko helped to frame Michiko for a crime she didn't really commit. At first she just wanted to do her job and catch her but she has a change of heart during the serie which makes her want to redeem herself by helping her flee from the police and stay safe. But Michiko doesn't need her help, it's not what she want. That really frustrate Atsuko has she has to live with the guilt and the unwillingness of Michiko to listen to her both makes her react violently from despair. This episode was the realisation that she should just let go and try to go on, she can't hope to be forgiven just by helping her flee. She needs to forgive herself.

Thats what I understood of it.
Di-DorvalAug 13, 2014 7:30 AM
Aug 28, 2014 1:55 AM
Mar 2011
lilypippili said:
Satoshi is a BAMF he automatically makes everything 1000x times better. So Hatchin got kidnapped, that was an interesting little twist. I wonder how they'll resolve that in 3 episodes.

Atsuko really ruined this episode she's so irritating... come on please make up your mind are you trying to stop michiko or help her? At the end, when she was crying, I felt no pity whatsoever -- just utter confusion. Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand her and Michiko's relationship at all. With 22 episodes you'd think they would've covered that in a lot more detail, but instead they spent half the episodes on useless little side stories. This anime would have honestly done much better with only 13 episodes.

The art was kinda messed up this episode, hatchin's deformed little face when satoshi was choking her made me laugh lol. Decent episode overall, would've been better without atsuko. 4/5

I thought she was really important in the episode.. I feel like it finally settled the whole michiko-atsuko dealeo.

From what I understand, she's frustrated with seeing the weak side of Michiko who's desperately chasing after a man who probably just ditched her for his own sake. The same Michiko that kinda bullied her around and bossed her around, I guess.
Also I'm gonna echo on what Di-Dorval said there.. Michiko seemingly doesn't seem to care about what Atsuko thinks anymore and that just angers her even more.

I'm guessing it's like a love-hate relationship. Even though she hates Michiko's guts, she also knows her flaws too well and is willing to help out of pity or sympathy.
Nov 8, 2014 3:07 AM

Aug 2013
I feel so bad for Atsuko. She desperately tried to help Michiko even at the cost of her career. It's frustrating to see a friend ruin their life for someone who clearly doesn't deserve their devotion.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 30, 2015 1:21 PM

Nov 2014
I can't stand Satoshi, ughhh he needs to get his ass killed already lol and now he has Hana :/

The music at the end was really nice after the Atsuko & Michiko moment...Atsuko and her wishy washy feelings for Michiko confuses me but I'm just glad she let Michiko get away lol
May 17, 2015 4:06 PM

Aug 2012
-bang!
That was a great moment.
Jun 24, 2015 9:16 AM
May 2013
Yeah, in the 2nd half animation totally sucked. Hatchin looked like a boy and we had a very deformed hyper-fast motorcycle. Also, this episode was poorly written, compared to others here nothing really happened, just some nonsense dialogue. Good thing is, we have three left to go.
Aug 9, 2015 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
Hello everybody.
Ep 19 has song: Temporada das frutas (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGWciGwXUzE)

I love this song but I can't find lyrics engsub full of it.
Hope someone can help me.
Thanks so much.
Aug 19, 2015 2:32 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode.
Oct 6, 2015 12:20 PM
Jun 2013
I have a new respect for Atsuko. So before, I definitely liked her. She was chasing Michiko but she kept letting her escape and helping her and Hatchin. But now I’m kinda thinking the reason she’s been trying to capture her was to keep her away from Hiroshi since he might reject her when they finally meet which could really crush Michiko. Very interesting relationship. Great episode.
May 11, 2016 2:31 PM

Feb 2012
Michiko is a bad sister

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 31, 2016 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
Almost to Hiroshi, can't wait for that meeting.
Good episode.
Sep 10, 2016 11:09 AM
Aug 2016
The animation budget is obviously getting slimmer, but besides that, wow. That final scene where Michiko and Atsuko are walking away from each other is the hardest thing I've had to watch in this entire series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 14 Discussion

De-JaY - Feb 1, 2009

44 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

105 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

83 by Dawizz »»
May 27, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Mar 22, 2009

242 by Perrin4869 »»
May 14, 8:50 AM

» music in this series

abyss_will - Jan 20, 2019

5 by abyss_will »»
Jan 22, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.