Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 7, 2013 10:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, I was waiting for this rematch. It's been over a year.

>Mammy
LOL, I loved Shinobu's reaction to that:

I see that the Queen is strong as ever still. Not surprised though. I like how Chihaya has improved quite a bit since their previous match. But ya, I felt match was a bit too short, could of extended it a bit.

P.S. Nice OST.
Jun 7, 2013 12:24 PM

Jun 2012
Getting whooped again by the Queen : / Next time Chihaya!!

Only thing that disappointed me about her match was it made Chihaya look like she hasn't improved. I think she got around the same # of cards again as her first time. It's been known to us and Chihaya that the Queen is just on a whole other level but this match made it seem like Chihaya's improvement in Karuta this second season all for naught

TAICHI!! You better not lose your tourney or I think you'll be clinically diagnosed with depression
HybridMBLJun 7, 2013 12:42 PM
Jun 7, 2013 12:36 PM

Aug 2009
One day Chihaya.. one day... ; u ; //holds
Im still so proud of you Chihaya!
It just wasnt fair and wasnt the moment with your injury and all...

I honestly would just love to see Chihaya and Shinobu become close friends again ;u;

AND DAMN IT! IS THERE A LINK TO THE FULL OST OF THAT MOMENT WHEN CHIHAYA GRABBED SHINOBU'S HAND? ; - ; //replaying and its so beautiful

AND OH GOD!!!!!!! DOESNT THIS MEAN TAICHI MADE A CLASS?!!?!!!? CONGRATS BBY <3

Jun 7, 2013 12:41 PM

Jul 2009
I was kind of expecting Chihaya to get more cards this time.

I wish we could've seen more of Taichi's match.
Jun 7, 2013 12:51 PM

May 2010
aww such a good and abit sad episode. tho the end was hilarious. so is mashima in the finals now and does that mean we get a third season bc of the queen match..i doubt they can push that into 3 episodes.

5/5 really enjoyed it
Jun 7, 2013 12:53 PM
Dec 2012
It was thrilling. She is unbeatable. Wonder what if the opponent was not injured. LOL@Sumire
Jun 7, 2013 12:56 PM
Feb 2011
I think the moment she took the card and the pain made her drop it, the match was over. She wasn't in an intense match anymore like during the team finals where the adrenaline could make her forget the pain. It held her back and against the Queen, it just won't work.

I'm surprised she got slaughtered even worse than during her first match though (where she took 5 cards).

That being said, Taichi's match against Rion (well, I think it's her I saw in the other Class B semifinals) is going to be a lot of fun. He's completely beasting the tournament. Man, I counted and he beat Retro by 18 cards. That's 17 more than their last encounter!
Jun 7, 2013 12:56 PM

May 2013
Too bad Chihaya lost. It was expected though.

Now its Taichi's turn to see if he can win and move up to Class A.
Jun 7, 2013 1:03 PM

Feb 2008
I don't know how the speed is on the manga but what I do think they rush it for Arata vs Shinobi final match that's what I think.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 7, 2013 1:17 PM

Aug 2010
Damn total annihilation. No mercy at all! O_O

But well at least Shinobu really has her eyes on Chihaya now :)
Loved her muttering after the match XD
And lol at the Shirt scene. Shinobu kawaii <3

Go Taichi. Seems like he's kicking ass!!

Arata vs Shinobu when??
Barion-ZaraJun 7, 2013 1:34 PM
Jun 7, 2013 1:20 PM

Jan 2008
I liked the t-shirt scene, very amusing.

I wonder how Arata's match turned out, since they didn't show much of it other than him taking a few cards at the same time Shinobu did with her match against Chihaya. Hope Chihaya's finger gets better so she can play normally again...would love to see a rematch against Arata after so many years.
Jun 7, 2013 1:25 PM
May 2013
Sorry Chihaya, the season is going to end with Arata and Queen

Chihaya showed her tank top.

Where's Arata?

GJ Taichi and First Year guy
Jun 7, 2013 1:36 PM

Jan 2012
Oh boy, I have been waiting for a full blown Shinobu episode for quite a while now, I wasn't disappointed. It was nice to see the development of her back story, I knew some pain lurked behind her cold steely exterior, looking forward to the next episode as always.
Jun 7, 2013 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
Still praying everyday for a third season ;-;

All these possibilities of them saying "In the Queen match" and Arata saying in past episodes, if he wins this he will go to college in Tokyo!

If you notice, this whole season, THE ENTIRE TIME GAP OF 20+ EPISODES was basically a MONTH (at most) .. For god sakes the team tournament that was like 10 episodes long was only a day! At least last season they were able to complete 1 full year.

Overall though, Still so much I want to get done! Still so much I want to see happen! ; __;
I know in the end theres always the manga, but its not the same..

Please anime director/people that are in charge... Please give me a third season! T ^ T

In my craziest dreams... Each episode is the title of its own Karuta card.. this season + last season = 50 episodes = 50 cards...
There are 100 total cards... Its my craziest fantasy if there was 100 episodes for all the cards...

But thats just a dream ; u ;...
Jun 7, 2013 2:50 PM

Sep 2008
Taichi hasn't gotten to A class yet. He still has B class final to win.
Jun 7, 2013 2:54 PM

Jun 2009
Mmm seemed kinda slow to me. I actually wanted to see Taichi's match >.>

-praysforseason3-
Jun 7, 2013 3:13 PM

Jan 2011
So the rest of this season should be focused on Taichi's match and Shinobu/Arata. I suspect we may have a cliffhanger/emotional ending on the relationship between the major characters. I also wonder what Shinobu's reaction might be when she finds out that her preferred opponent, Arata, would much rather play with Ayase.

And of course I too demand a season 3...
rodacJun 7, 2013 3:17 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 7, 2013 3:45 PM

Jul 2009
damn this episode just had to rub in how op shinobu is.
Jun 7, 2013 4:11 PM

Jan 2012
I guess this means there's gonna be a season 3.
I thought they would do the match over two episodes, though I had a feeling Chihaya would lose even if she wasn't injured. She has improved a lot though.

I love Chihaya's character now because she's willing to accept a loss, though not completely, because she not only takes the game seriously, but also has fun playing. Chihaya is also the perfect person to help Shinobou grow as a person.

LOL at Shinobou after her conversation with Chihaya.

I'm glad that Mashima may make it to Class A; it would suck if he loses again because of his bad luck. :(

Hanano's obsession with Mashima is funny and kind of cute, sucks that she lost in the third round though.

I was hoping for some sort of development between Chihaya and Mashima this season, but I doubt anything will happen in the last few episodes, though it may end with some sort of cliffhanger that implies something dramatic happened or will happen between those two.

Hopefully season three(if it comes out) will be released in Fall or Winter because I don't think I can wait as long as I did for this season without losing some of my sanity. >.<
Jun 7, 2013 4:20 PM
Mar 2013
I'm glad to see that Shinobu is actually a nice person deep down. Even when they played that same scene earlier in the season, I could've assumed that she just "gave mercy" to her same-age peers in a condescending way. The fact that she had the presence of mind to consider the feelings of her childhood friend, by going easy on her, seems to come from genuine kindness.
Jun 7, 2013 4:52 PM

Jul 2011
I want to see the Queen tournament now...

No interest in Taichi's match at all. XD
(I think he'll win though.)
Jun 7, 2013 4:55 PM

Feb 2013
Poor Chihaya :( But at least she left an impression on Shinobu-chan!!

OMG TAICHI vs. RETRO!! GO TAICHI!!!!
Jun 7, 2013 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was very interesting. I liked seeing the Queen's past. I was hoping Ayase would beat her, but that was me being optimistic...
Jun 7, 2013 5:44 PM
Sep 2012
Chihaya losing definitely means a Season 3. Just no way are they going to stuff her quest to be Queen in 3 episodes ALONG with Arata vs. Shinobu AND Mashima vs. Hiro
Jun 7, 2013 5:50 PM

Jul 2010
Well that was a waste of a cliffhanger; I mean, I know somehow that Taichi would win, but showing it that way somewhat removes the angst for the usual "next episode wait"...

Unless that was the semis. Mashima vs Rion? Nah.
BigbuffoonJun 7, 2013 5:57 PM
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jun 7, 2013 5:54 PM

Mar 2011
Wow, Taichi beat Retro pretty badly too.
Jun 7, 2013 6:12 PM

Jan 2010
I'm with everyone who thinks that there now has to be a third season. As with many in these forums, I've been wondering how the story might shape up as they advance through the tournaments. A third season would give Chihaya the chance she needs to shine.

Early in the match, I was wondering how she might come back. She then started trying to focus on 'how she could win'. When she did that, I was horrified. If she's relying on that part of her brain during a match at this level, she is doomed. If she had won after that, it would have irked me, even as I would have cheered for her.

Way to go Taichi! I wonder how much thought went into choosing what pose to show him triumphant. As Sumire ran to his match, and then entered the room, I thought for a moment that he was going to be in another 'next card wins' match. That would have been evil.
Jun 7, 2013 6:15 PM

Aug 2012
As great as the episode was for Chihaya and Shinobu's rivalry, that last minute made the episode. They built the anxiety so well leaving even any mention of Taichi till now, and you could just feel the tension pouring out of the screen there with him and Retro. Kinda expected they'd face off in the final, but guess that means he'll get a tougher, more interesting match-up for the final. I didn't catch the faces of the two in the other semifinal match, so I dunno who it could be.

Next episode I think we'll get half Taichi v finalist, and other half will be something like Shinobu v Megumu and Arata v Eromu, to set up the inevitable final.

I don't know how there could possibly not be a third season, it may be a bit longer of a wait, but I just can't see it not happening with the way the story is formatted to get better and more intense as it progresses and everyone learns and improves.
AlexTheRiotJun 7, 2013 6:24 PM
Jun 7, 2013 6:17 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, my, Queen said it, and lol @ Chihaya's reply.

Even though Queen is strong and fast as usual, Chihaya is trying to the extend that she completely took it off! Queen won, though, at Chihaya's card, and also stopped her way of fighting against Arata. Cute little queen! She has talent from then. The first opponent didn't keep the promise to do it again because she saw how strong she was. Poor Miyu-Miyu's character. Taichi over him.

Wow, Taichi's opponent at semi-final is that uranai guy!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 7, 2013 6:31 PM

Oct 2011
Season 3 IS A MUST!!!!!!

Poor Sumiere. Yay Tsukubo for being in the semi finals.

Damn Shinobu slaughtered Chihaya. But she did get 2 card even with her injured fingers. Aww dat past scene with Shinobu. She was never able to see that person again but now she has Chihaya as her rival/friend. Who will play her no matter if she is so good.

Yes!!! Taichi. Defeat Retro!!!
Jun 7, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
Chihaya lost by way too much. It's insulting.
Also it has gotten more dramatic and serious
Jun 7, 2013 7:27 PM

Jul 2008
RediceRyan said:
Chihaya lost by way too much. It's insulting.
Also it has gotten more dramatic and serious

Did you break your finger once?
It hurt so much that just touching it is enough to make you unable to move for an instant and that's without considering that you have to go against your instinct and slam your hand without a single doubt knowing that it will hurt like hell. It might not mean much in everyday activities but in a Karuta match where a single instant decide who the card goes to, it means something as large as the world.

I'm already amazed she managed to play an entire match in this condition.

This need a season 3, I want Chihaya to make it to the queen match and fulfill her promise to Shinobu.
Jun 7, 2013 7:31 PM

Nov 2008
Lol is it bad that I want the next episode to completely shift and be entirely about Kana and Tsutomu? *ducks and whispers* I'm not all that interested in another full episode of Taichi playing karuta.

I was really excited to see Chihaya and Shinobu interact in this episode though. QUEENS! I'd like to see them become friends one day and play karuta together for fun.
Jun 7, 2013 7:39 PM

Mar 2011
manatee said:
Lol is it bad that I want the next episode to completely shift and be entirely about Kana and Tsutomu? *ducks and whispers* I'm not all that interested in another full episode of Taichi playing karuta.
Lol, I just want the
match. I think that's how they're going to end this season.
Jun 7, 2013 8:22 PM

Feb 2013
Love to see how Chihaya asked Shinobu not to go easy on her, and especially during the time when she thanked her for that <3

Taichi!!!! I'm rooting for you!!!!!XD

I'm glad I got to see the Queen's past...sorta explained why she is the way she is now =)

Here's to the friendship between Chihaya and Shinobu!!!!^^ And the shirt LOL
Jun 7, 2013 8:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Still waiting for Shinobu x Arata match. :)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 7, 2013 9:02 PM
Feb 2011
About the possibility for a S3, I have to say there isn't enough material for the moment. S1 covered roughly 49 chapters, S2 looks to be covering 43 chapters. That would make give roughly 20 chapters of material for a 3rd season. So I don't think we'll be seeing talk of a 3rd season for at least a year.
Jun 7, 2013 9:04 PM

Nov 2008
I was so excited throughout the match. I"m starting to like Shinobu more and more, and I gotta say that I was glad she won, but I too was expecting her to take all the cards.

Also the end. OMG I really want to see Taichi's match and see him win as well. He's so damn awesome as a character.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jun 7, 2013 9:25 PM

Mar 2013
Looks like Chihaya borrowed Taichi's bad luck LOL... just when she's improved and is a lot better at her game whoops there goes her finger and oh she's paired against the Queen too but nevermind let's just make her suffer another loss and grow as a character by gracefully accepting defeat OMG THESE WRITERS KNOW HOW PAINFUL THIS IS FOR CHIHAYA MY BBY BUT THEY STILL MAKE HER DO THIS WOW ARE THEY CRUEL SOMEONE GET ME A SLEDGEHAMMER OK I FEEL LIKE HITTING SOMETHING AKJHASDKHJSFHKJ
Jun 7, 2013 10:08 PM

Mar 2013
Very interesting finish to Season 2, with Taichi's class B finals match and the class A finals between Arata and Shinobu. Having read the manga I already know how both matches will pan out, but I'm still very much looking forward to seeing everything animated. The only thing that gets me down a bit is that there isn't enough material from the manga to make a Season 3 at the moment, so the wait could be rather long for us...still, it's been a pretty solid season overall despite the pace being slower than in Season 1. It's been a wonderful journey seeing the second years evolve, and it seems the first years are improving in leaps and bounds these last few episodes as well, which is very satisfying to see.
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

Jun 7, 2013 11:22 PM
Aug 2012
Lulexiaa said:
Still praying everyday for a third season ;-;

All these possibilities of them saying "In the Queen match" and Arata saying in past episodes, if he wins this he will go to college in Tokyo!

If you notice, this whole season, THE ENTIRE TIME GAP OF 20+ EPISODES was basically a MONTH (at most) .. For god sakes the team tournament that was like 10 episodes long was only a day! At least last season they were able to complete 1 full year.

Overall though, Still so much I want to get done! Still so much I want to see happen! ; __;
I know in the end theres always the manga, but its not the same..

Please anime director/people that are in charge... Please give me a third season! T ^ T

In my craziest dreams... Each episode is the title of its own Karuta card.. this season + last season = 50 episodes = 50 cards...
There are 100 total cards... Its my craziest fantasy if there was 100 episodes for all the cards...

But thats just a dream ; u ;...

I really want to see Chihaya becoming the queen...They have to continue the seasons until she does it..Love u Chihaya chan <3<3<3
Jun 8, 2013 12:21 AM
Apr 2013
Damn that injury!:(
Only three episodes left...what dah hell.
Jun 8, 2013 1:12 AM
May 2013
I read the manga, and yes there are plenty of chapters already enough for season 3 and even season 4.

Sumire!! lol!

I hate when the queen smiles, she is arrogant. one day, some day chihaya will take her crown lol
Jun 8, 2013 1:28 AM

Nov 2012
Shinobu what happened to "I'm not going to let her take a single card next time!". You almost completely forgot her, lol.

Jun 8, 2013 2:46 AM

Mar 2012
Imanza said:
Very interesting finish to Season 2, with Taichi's class B finals match and the class A finals between Arata and Shinobu. Having read the manga I already know how both matches will pan out, but I'm still very much looking forward to seeing everything animated. The only thing that gets me down a bit is that there isn't enough material from the manga to make a Season 3 at the moment, so the wait could be rather long for us...still, it's been a pretty solid season overall despite the pace being slower than in Season 1. It's been a wonderful journey seeing the second years evolve, and it seems the first years are improving in leaps and bounds these last few episodes as well, which is very satisfying to see.

No sweat. Considering how seasonal anime work and how "slow" paced Chihayafuru is, I'm sure the manga can get far enough ahead for a 3rd season within due time.
Jun 8, 2013 3:17 AM
Aug 2012
I'm really glad they didn't drag out the match between Chihaya and Shinobu. That scenes after the match were better than the match itself though. Shinobu actually got motivated by someone other than Arata!

Sumire... If you only ever play against talented people, of course you will get better quickly lol. I'm proud of her for making it so far. It would be nice if she could steal Taichi's heart. He looks so freaking intense playing good ol delusional Retro. I really want to see him win the final match!
Jun 8, 2013 5:14 AM

Sep 2011
OMG they finally showed the other players. Good Job Sumire and Tsukuba! Taichi, please win your match. Get into class A and join tournaments with Chihaya.
pew pew pew
Jun 8, 2013 6:17 AM
Feb 2013
So Chihaya lost to the Queen, so I wonder where will the remaining episodes of this anime go to.
Jun 8, 2013 6:30 AM

Oct 2009
Poor Chihaya with her injury... I was so curious how much she progressed since the last year and now she can't show it.
Taiichi is really determined he must move up to Class A at least.
It seems the creators will finish the individual matches until the end of the season, I wish it could last longer.
Jun 8, 2013 7:25 AM
Oct 2007
Shinobu's power level is to much. Chihaya trained at 100x gravity, but was still crushed by Shinobu's over 9000 Karuta power level. I love how this show gives you glimmers of hope and then crushes them right after
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

182 by pendr4gonz »»
Sep 17, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Jun 28, 2013

362 by Spyral_Grayson »»
Jul 20, 1:19 AM

» New season

DonCaLiChAn - Jul 4

12 by shahriarm10 »»
Jul 10, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.