Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 1, 2012 5:16 AM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
meh, again a not so special chapter and next week there is no JUMP, even the last page is boring now
Aug 1, 2012 5:34 AM

Dec 2008
It'll likely pick up soon.
I missed seeing chopper hiding 'behind' a corner <:
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Aug 1, 2012 5:49 AM

Mar 2011
i have no idea what was going on with the apple.... how did tht even happen?
Aug 1, 2012 5:51 AM
Jun 2009
the apple looks like it became a devil fruit or something
Aug 1, 2012 5:58 AM

Mar 2011
Recent chapters were lame, there wasn't any progress, but it seems things are finnally getting heated up again. I just hope it's going to be Law, Smoker and strawhats randomly thrashing everything in sight, I'm not in mood for shounen fights like the ones from "Robin gets kidnapped" arc.
Aug 1, 2012 6:03 AM

Sep 2008
The chapter wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. It seems the moment of their escape is closing in. 4/5
Aug 1, 2012 6:12 AM

Feb 2010
the action is finally picking up
Aug 1, 2012 6:16 AM
Dec 2011
Alright everyone, let me tell you some problems that has happened with this chapter in every single site that has it uploaded. This should clear everything up.

Fist off, there is a page missing. It's the page after Chopper gets that piece of paper thrown at him. In that page, he opens up the note and it says "Don't do anything yet", and we also get to see the cage that everyone is in being transported out.

Secondly, it's supposed to be 400 million bounty, not 4 billion bounty that the bad translations are stating.

Third, the apples in that sled was turned into devil fruits, in case anyone missed that bit.
Aug 1, 2012 6:18 AM

Jun 2009
Omegatron666 said:
Alright everyone, let me tell you some problems that has happened with this chapter in every single site that has it uploaded. This should clear everything up.

Fist off, there is a page missing. It's the page after Chopper gets that piece of paper thrown at him. In that page, he opens up the note and it says "Don't do anything yet", and we also get to see the cage that everyone is in being transported out.

Secondly, it's supposed to be 400 million bounty, not 4 billion bounty that the bad translations are stating.

Third, the apples in that sled was turned into devil fruits, in case anyone missed that bit.

thanks for about the missing page i though something was off
Aug 1, 2012 6:25 AM

May 2012
Omegatron666 said:

Thanks now I find the chapter more interesting.
Anyway, it was not bad but no good as the previous ones.4/5
Aug 1, 2012 6:31 AM
Dec 2011
I think that I should come here after every new chapter release from now on, since there is always at least 1 mistake in the translation, or even as today, it might have an entire page missing.

Yeah, I think I'll come here after every new chapter release from now on, so that you guys no longer have to be confused about anything.
Aug 1, 2012 6:41 AM

Feb 2011
The chapter wasn't too bad.

1. Who was that Captain Kazi fellow who was shown in the new world?

2. I don't get it, it seems the apple/devil fruit had been covered up to be made to appear as an apple but in reality was a devil fruit. To be honest, at first, I was a bit disapointed in this weapon a few chapters back having thought it would just be a large bomb but now, it seems pretty cool.

3.Curious to how the 3 plan on getting out. Watching Zoro and the other half of the gang should be interesting, ;D that dragon will prove useful.
Aug 1, 2012 6:47 AM

Aug 2008
oh no, I read the missing page version.... -.-

I don't really care why there is a devil fruit out there, but I have to know who'll eat it! >___< Frankly, I hope it's not anyone in Mugiwara...
KuriniAug 1, 2012 7:00 AM
Aug 1, 2012 7:06 AM

May 2011
Looks like Trafegal Law has another plan there.

This is getting intense.
Aug 1, 2012 7:16 AM

Aug 2010
So...does this gas change any fruit into Devil fruits?!

And did I see Lucci as one of the people in the new world?

lol at Chopper hiding in his usual way XD
Aug 1, 2012 7:31 AM
Jul 2018
Barion-Zara said:
So...does this gas change any fruit into Devil fruits?!

And did I see Lucci as one of the people in the new world?

lol at Chopper hiding in his usual way XD
I did not notice when i read it but went back and looked, that does indeed look like it is Lucci. A lot more than the guy from the previous chapter looked like Crocodile like some tried to claim it might be at least.
Aug 1, 2012 7:35 AM

Jan 2012
Rob Lucci appears??? :DD
Aug 1, 2012 7:43 AM

Dec 2011
Holy smokes. The apple got turned into a devil fruit!
Its about time they fight back.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2012 7:46 AM

Feb 2012
Did the apple really turn into a devil fruit, guess we will have to wait and find out.

This looks bad but Law seems to have planned something but I don't know who he was talking about.
Aug 1, 2012 7:48 AM

Dec 2008
I actually liked this chapter a lot... looks like something great is upcoming!
^_~
Aug 1, 2012 8:40 AM

Aug 2011
Sweet, looks like Smiley turned that apple into a devil fruit. I wonder if Caesar knows that happened.
Aug 1, 2012 9:25 AM

Aug 2010
I can't wait until their escape, and it looks like it's going to be soon since Law is up to something.

Law needs to hurry and give Smoker his body back.
Aug 1, 2012 9:59 AM

May 2011
Hey, this was a pretty decent chapter. I underestimated the "weapon", it is pretty brutal actually. Looked like a horror scene out there, though I would've taken it more seriously without Team Zoro's comedy reactions and if Luffy got dead serious and preeched with a murderous look about Nakama/Underlings to Caeser, like he did against Kuro.

Any way, I'm assuming that the one who gave Chopper the message was Monet. She is going to be playing a major sketchy role from here on out.

Luffy, Law and Smoker, it's going to be an epic team indeed.
Aug 1, 2012 10:22 AM

Jul 2012
Trafegal Law... hes got some idea's coming up
hope this means bepo comes out of nowhere and saves the day
Aug 1, 2012 10:37 AM

Dec 2009
I think the person who threw the paper at chopper saying "don't do anything", is part of Laws plan.
Aug 1, 2012 10:49 AM
Oct 2009
I don't understand why people are complaining about this chapter.

We have:
-) part of the crew running in the silliest way I've ever seen (I laughed my ass off at that page)
-) Ceasar's master plan in motion, and he's as deranged as ever
-) holy shit, common apples becoming Devil's Fruits! CC is Dr.Vegapunk's rival, AND we know the Doctor is the man with the greatest knowledge about devil's fruits in the whole world (Oda said in one of his special volumes that his Fruit's encylopedia would come up sooner or later!!). This probably means we're going to get some HUGE hints at the Fruit's real powers/origins.
-) The coolest Supernova ever (Law) is going to fight. Against on of the most powerful scientists in the world. And a traitorous marine whose powers we still don't know. WOW
-) In the meantime, the Beast is on a rampage through the island, killing people on sight.

Seriously, wtf else do people need? Oda's hand popping out of the pages and giving you a handjob?

p.s.: and I'm not even fully on Rage Mode because they've just announced Takeshi Obata will be one of the guest at the next convention I'm attending. I'm just too overjoyed to write down a proper rant.
Aug 1, 2012 11:29 AM

Aug 2010
-Shuda- said:
Hey, this was a pretty decent chapter. I underestimated the "weapon", it is pretty brutal actually. Looked like a horror scene out there, though I would've taken it more seriously without Team Zoro's comedy reactions and if Luffy got dead serious and preeched with a murderous look about Nakama/Underlings to Caeser, like he did against Kuro.

Any way, I'm assuming that the one who gave Chopper the message was Monet. She is going to be playing a major sketchy role from here on out.

I was thinking so too...but the end of the chapter made me think that it's part of Laws plan.
Aug 1, 2012 11:36 AM

May 2011
Barion-Zara said:
-Shuda- said:

I was thinking so too...but the end of the chapter made me think that it's part of Laws plan.

Maybe Monet is part of Law's plan? Not really going to hold on to that, though it's still a possibility.
Aug 1, 2012 11:38 AM
Feb 2010
The is a pretty interesting chapter, and I don't know if I like where this might be going.

- So regular fruits can be artificially turned into devil fruits. I hope that doesn't create some artificially created DF user army to war against the pirates. That would be like the edo tensei/zetsu war of Naruto *shrudders*
- It could be that the Devil Fruits's power would be something like stone stone, considering what slimy's weapon's effect is on the people. But who will eat it?

edit: this is on the OP wiki: ■After eating the giant candy, Smiley 'dies' and is reborn as Shinokuni. It loses its Devil Fruit in the process, which is reborn into a nearby apple.

- For the past few chapters various people in the new world have been watching this, what will this bring? Maybe someone is already assisting i.e. the one that gave chopper the letter.

- Rob Lucci?

- since this chapter puts so much stress on the group captured by CC being doomed and going to die, it is most likely to assume that the reverse will be the case in next chapter. It could be that CC will be defeated quite easily and something bigger will emerge out of it. We'll see.
Chimera_AntAug 1, 2012 11:44 AM
Aug 1, 2012 11:41 AM

Dec 2010
I was really excited when I saw the apples turn into devil fruits, but it looks like Cesaer doesn't even know about! The gas's side effect is going to make things really interesting in the future....or maybe we finally get to hear more back story on how devil fruits were created!!
And everyone's about to escape (I'm guessing robin sent the note).

SO excited!! xD
~Believe in you! Not in the you who believes in me. Not in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you... that believes in you!~
Aug 1, 2012 11:47 AM

Oct 2010
I think its Monet too that gave Chopper that paper. I really dont know what her allegiance is. Its like she is a triple agent.

Well now i think Monet works for the Revolution army.
Aug 1, 2012 12:20 PM
Mar 2012
only one of them became a df which means that it didn't transform, it already was one
Aug 1, 2012 12:28 PM

Dec 2009
eucalyptustree16 said:

- Rob Lucci?

Huh?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 1, 2012 1:06 PM

Mar 2008
I really liked this chapter. I can feel the action building up. Next one's going to be awesome. Too bad there's no Jump next week. It looks like Smiley can turn regular fruit into devil fruit.
Aug 1, 2012 1:12 PM

Apr 2009
kamigawa said:

We have:
-) part of the crew running in the silliest way I've ever seen (I laughed my ass off at that page)
-) holy shit, common apples becoming Devil's Fruits! CC is Dr.Vegapunk's rival, AND we know the Doctor is the man with the greatest knowledge about devil's fruits in the whole world (Oda said in one of his special volumes that his Fruit's encylopedia would come up sooner or later!!). This probably means we're going to get some HUGE hints at the Fruit's real powers/origins.
-) The coolest Supernova ever (Law) is going to fight. Against on of the most powerful scientists in the world. And a traitorous marine whose powers we still don't know. WOW
-) In the meantime, the Beast is on a rampage through the island, killing people on sight.

Seriously, wtf else do people need? Oda's hand popping out of the pages and giving you a handjob?

p.s.: and I'm not even fully on Rage Mode because they've just announced Takeshi Obata will be one of the guest at the next convention I'm attending. I'm just too overjoyed to write down a proper rant.

I agree with most of your points, it's like the only thing people want from OP are fights....the whole DF development as well as Monet's possible plan is awesome.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 1, 2012 1:55 PM

Apr 2008
ok so... Sara Sara no Mi, is a Zoan-type Devil Fruit that allows its user to turn into an axolotl hybrid and a full axolotl at will. It was "eaten" by Smiley, but with his death the fruit returned into circulation.
So what I think is that smiley was given the candy to 'transform' into the gas (which killed him). the gas spreads around the entire island aaaand thus the created devil fruit is the "weapon".

Well that's one of my theories...

On another note... things are starting to heat up! and I'm looking forward to what Law's counter-plan is, this chapter was good and got me thinking.
KurdyAug 1, 2012 2:05 PM
Aug 1, 2012 2:05 PM

Mar 2009
kamigawa said:
And a traitorous marine whose powers we still don't know.

I thought they said the marine was actually doflamingo? and doesn't he have the ability to control other peoples bodies...and presumably objects as well? or have a got some (or all) of that wrong?

i actually liked this chapter. its seems to have a lot of that foreshadowing and hinting so prevalent in one piece that makes this series so great imo. i'm looking forward to seeing where this all goes.
Aug 1, 2012 2:38 PM

Apr 2008
Phoenix_Hime said:
kamigawa said:
And a traitorous marine whose powers we still don't know.

I thought they said the marine was actually doflamingo? and doesn't he have the ability to control other peoples bodies...and presumably objects as well? or have a got some (or all) of that wrong?
The traitorous marine he's referring to is Vergo(the guy who had food on his face).The only reason vergo could control Law is because Law made an agreement with ceasar, if you read the last chapter you would know that vergo has control over law's heart while ceasar has smoker's.. Doflamingo(Shichibukai) is the person everyone calls 'Joker'
Aug 1, 2012 3:22 PM

Oct 2011
Nidhoeggr said:

I agree with most of your points, it's like the only thing people want from OP are fights....the whole DF development as well as Monet's possible plan is awesome.

If people just want fights,then they should watch DBZ or Bleach or something.Not every arc in One Piece is gonna be like Marineford or Ennies Lobby,which were just battles.One Piece is about the fun of adventure,building * exploring the world,learning the answers to all mysteries.
And I do understand that Oda tends to go a bit excessive with the adventuring in some arcs (though,I only seen that happening to Skypiea,Thriller Bark & Fishman Island,which is 3 out 26).

This chapter,Oda was adding more to some questions while answering some questions.Same for last week chapter.I don't see the problem,but that's just me.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Aug 1, 2012 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
Shaduge said:
only one of them became a df which means that it didn't transform, it already was one
Going by eucalyptustree16's explanation would explain why only one transforms though.
Aug 1, 2012 5:00 PM

Nov 2008

I loled.

Well seems like the plan that they got is still up, even though they are chained with waterstone.
Aug 1, 2012 9:25 PM
Mar 2012
King_jpem_II said:
Shaduge said:
Going by eucalyptustree16's explanation would explain why only one transforms though.

yeah he did say "let us meet again" and maybe this is how it can be used as a weapon continuously
Aug 2, 2012 12:00 AM

May 2011
First off, loved the SJW cover they had this time. :D

The chapter imho kind of felt a little short, even though it covered a lot of things, probably because I was expecting something more but nevertheless...loved Chopper 'hiding on the wrong side', I missed it. Zoro's group was hilarious and Vegapunk's dragon was also present. I'm kind of hoping that we get to see more of the dragon. ^^
eucalyptustree16 said:

edit: this is on the OP wiki: ■After eating the giant candy, Smiley 'dies' and is reborn as Shinokuni. It loses its Devil Fruit in the process, which is reborn into a nearby apple.

I was thinking that one of the people who was swallowed up by Smiley was a DF user.. but that didn't make much sense. But the OP wiki bit does explain why CC says, "Let's meet again."

Also, my first thought at the top-hat-wearing shadow was "Rob Lucci!" as well.

Personally, I'm banking on Monet being a triple agent because I thought that Robin might have given Chopper the paper with "Don't do anything" written on it. But Monet giving it to Chopper makes far more sense because it kind of coincides with Law's "Let's counterattack." For another thing, Monet might be in possession of Law's heart too.

But, hell, it's all speculation, so I'm just sitting and waiting on the next chapter. ^-^
Aug 2, 2012 12:02 AM

Apr 2009
Jeddy017 said:

If people just want fights,then they should watch DBZ or Bleach or something.Not every arc in One Piece is gonna be like Marineford or Ennies Lobby,which were just battles.One Piece is about the fun of adventure,building * exploring the world,learning the answers to all mysteries.
And I do understand that Oda tends to go a bit excessive with the adventuring in some arcs (though,I only seen that happening to Skypiea,Thriller Bark & Fishman Island,which is 3 out 26).

This chapter,Oda was adding more to some questions while answering some questions.Same for last week chapter.I don't see the problem,but that's just me.

I completely agree. However, ever since the war there are more and more "fans" who only appreciate a certain side of the series - the battles. A shame, since that is something you can find in most modern battle Shounen.
Also, Skypeia is to me one of the best arcs because of the amazing world-building. Learning about the history of the Shandians and how everything was tied together with the SH's adventure was way more satisfying than the whole war to me.
NidhoeggrAug 2, 2012 1:11 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 2, 2012 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
You know thinking about that explanation(where Smileys Devilfruit is removed and reborn) some more makes me think it may be something similar to how Blackbeard was able to get the Devilfruit from Whitebeard. Perhaps this will be leading to some answers for that finally.
Aug 2, 2012 1:36 AM

Jun 2012
kamigawa said:

We have:

Agreed. Oda has rarely let me down. This week is no exception.

I guess the majority that find the current chapters "boring" are more entertained by typical shounen fights and fail to see the more ambiguous aspects (hints, foreshadowing, etc.) being thrown out by Oda. Closely analyzing each page is what makes OP so interesting.
Aug 2, 2012 1:49 AM
Jul 2018
PirateKingz said:

I guess the majority that find the current chapters "boring" are more entertained by typical shounen fights and fail to see the more ambiguous aspects (hints, foreshadowing, etc.) being thrown out by Oda. Closely analyzing each page is what makes OP so interesting.
Indeed. I really don't get how people come this far on the shounen fights alone. There really haven't even been that many considering it's length.
Aug 2, 2012 4:37 AM

Apr 2009
the panel with people turned into white corpses was kinda creepy..

anyway awesome chapter... lets see where this goes..
Aug 2, 2012 6:48 AM
Oct 2009
People's interests have shifted considerably in the last year, especially after the uber-boring Fishmen Island ark which, coupled with Oda's frequent breaks due to the injured wrist, led many readers quite close to dropping the series or burning their volumes out of frustration.

The problem is that the readers are now expecting boom-bang-thud-pow moments to make up for last arc's incredible let down (I understand it HAD to be written in order to create a bridge between the 2years jump and their return to adventure, + some new informations, but it was quite badly thought up).

And that doesn't make sense at all.

One Piece's story is: we have to get to the legendary treasure and discover what happened in the Dark centuries that the governement erased from history, which is what Gol D. Roger discovered and probably left as a written note somewhere at the end of the journey. Also, the D. in his name has something to do with everything AND quite possibly the dark Centuries.
The fact that they have to punch their way through everything is what glues the pieces together and makes it a shonen manga.

Dragon ball was a great battle manga driven by a shallow story of "ohmagawd a bigger and badder foe is up, time to rape hime before the next, bigger and badder foe comes up to eat my new moves".

Naruto is a battle manga driven by... uh... the author is still deciding it and will notify us as soon as possible (probably when a forgotten ninja banished into another dimension a bajillion years ago will come back with a million eyes which fuse together to engulf the universe, all of which while the Good ninjas are preparing a mythical technique prepared into an alternate time line just to kill forgotten ninjas banished into another dimension a bajillion years ago that come back with a million eyes which fuse together in order to engulf the universe).

One Piece is an adventure/story manga driven by gorgeous battles. The frequent flashbacks and "breathing room" 1-volume arcs between bigger arcs just prove it every year.

Let's not forget this extremely important distinction.
Aug 2, 2012 8:23 AM
Mar 2012
^ you sounds like you want to marry oda or something
You know complaining about a chapter is still better than some blind love I see here, I'd rather say it sucked than lie to myself by saying it was a good chapter, just like the people here that rated it 5/5 I wonder what they'll rate an epic chapter? 5/5? That's just stupid.

And in case you missed it, there were a lot of breaks. Just count how many times in this arc we've had a chapter in two weeks, and next week again there is no chapter. You know, each arc usually takes a year starting from october but look at this one, october is getting closer and this arc barely has half the chapters of FI arc. Clearly there is something amiss here.
And like you said people got mad because of last arc, since after a power up you would expect to see some good fights instead we got one year of fights against fish using drugs, they would have won even before the time skip, and what do we get next? the PH arc where most pages except for the last one were nothing special. I was really disappointed since pretty much every other arc before time skip had special chapters but here we get like 3 good pages with a cliffhanger in the last page which is something oda never resorted to before. It's not that there is no action only talk, it's that even the talking is pointless, so many pointless panels showing zoro and co saying the same lines during the last chapters: keep on running, keep on running, keep on running. I really don't want to see it turn into something like bleach, where chapters are so empty.
And really dragonball and hokuto no ken are the ones that started mangas like one piece and naruto so you can't really compare the last two to them.

I laughed at your clueless hate on naruto, I wonder if you even read it because last chapters and this arc in general are on a different level than what you are currently seeing in one piece. You also would be surprised to hear that the "breathing room" arcs don't take 1 volume but like 6 complete volumes at least ( we are talking about a year here not few months).
You are saying one piece has "gorgeous battles". While I agree that the abilities are awesome, the opponents are awesome, I really don't think the battles are awesome except the ones that don't involve the SHs maybe. Why? because it's based on plot powered willpower. While it's not as horrible as fairy tail battles where protagonists keep standing no matter how much they get owned and are able to do the most senseless things ever while antagonists can't do a single thing, it's still important. Pretty much all of them are won by magic, like why wasn't luffy cut by arlong considering arlong's teeths just destroyed that metal pole? why did nami evade all of the attacks of miss doublefinger (spikewoman) like if she had observation haki? there are countless of other examples. Try analysing the battles and you'll see they are nowhere near "gorgeous". Take a look at your "beloved" manga naruto for example, there when someone is supposed to lose he loses there is no imaginary power that's going to save him, when he's going to die he dies, among all the battle shonen I've watched the naruto fights are the ones that make more sense, not to forget how good they are planned. And you are underestimating kishimoto too much, if you read the manga you'll see that most of it was planned and well thought , there rarely is any plothole in it just like one piece, so saying stuff like "by... uh... the author is still deciding it and will notify us as soon as possible" you are either a hater or you are talking about bleach.
Really if you are gonna compliment/hate on something at least analyse it thoroughly before instead of just throwing meaningless words. I have read the mangas so many times, I know what I'm talking about.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1117 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jun 11

61 by landofthekwt »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1118 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - 1 hour ago

0 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 95 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 1, 2009

28 by Zowabo »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 77 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 22, 2010

18 by Zowabo »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 68 Discussion

ToxxicTeardrop - Aug 22, 2010

24 by Zowabo »»
Yesterday, 10:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.