Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 3, 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Amusing episode even though there was the threat of an assassin awaiting our main cast on their journey. The Jojo-style pose were priceless along with the animation style.

Akira got a solid role this time around, and had leadership-like skills. Seems this episode is building ito the climax that's coming soon? Exciting!
Jun 3, 5:45 AM

Apr 2016
I wonder what was the point of that unexpected family meeting in the middle of nowhere ... it lasted for better part of half the episode pretty much without nothing really important to add ?

But as the green berets pointed out, they have reach the place where dreams die.
Jun 3, 5:59 AM

Apr 2010
It looks like they are finally there but now the question is how are they going to change the world back to how it was.
And what do they need to do the help Youka.
Jun 3, 6:16 AM

Mar 2021
This was hilarious, it was nice seeing Akira being more of a leader in this episode. Now that the girls have arrived I hope the finale is amazing.
Jun 3, 6:28 AM
Mar 2022
Very interesting that Yoka gave them the "power to realise their dreams". It might be one of the first things we've seen her do that is completely in character, and stems from the fight she had with Shizuru.

Makes me think that even if Pontaro's influence is removed, she probably won't immediately give up on her omnipotence.

Also a bit worried that there's only two episodes left. Doesn't seem like enough time to tie all remaining plot threads up, so we might be looking at a fairly rushed ending unless they pull a miracle with the writing.
Jun 3, 6:50 AM

Apr 2014
The mangaka apartment from this episode was referred from the Tokiwa-so which is located near the Shiinamachi Station. It's famous for being the early living place of many prominent manga artists. The building was demolished in 1982. Now, there's a memorial statue on the site where the building was located. There is also Tokiwaso Manga Museum which is a replica of the original building in a nearby Minami-Nagasaki Hanasaki Koen.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 3, 7:01 AM

May 2015
"She was like your mother coming home late after drinking... Thngs got hairy right after that." - Shizuru's dad made my day with that description.
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jun 3, 8:17 AM

Mar 2023
The battle with the mangaka was seriously awesome.
watsymJun 3, 9:04 AM
Jun 3, 8:53 AM
Apr 2014
This anime truly has soul
Jun 3, 9:16 AM
May 2020
This is going at warp speed hope they can stick the landing!
Survive the curse of the original series!
alpo42abJun 3, 1:29 PM
Jun 3, 9:48 AM
Nov 2022
What the hell did I just see? Please, if anyone knows what the creator consumes to make this, tell me, I also want to try it xd

To say that it is surreal is an understatement, I like it but it can be confusing.
Jun 3, 10:18 AM

Apr 2021
This one was a little meta pastiche for me but Akira was hilarious. This shot might be my favorite in the whole series so far.

@Swagernator I thought the point was at least in part to surprise the audience with a rare encounter that turns out to be not sinister in the least.
Jun 3, 10:22 AM

Dec 2021
I liked how Akira embraced the beret, thinking it was a symbol of revolution, only to find out it belonged to a group of silly manga artists.

Anyway, here we are, finally at Ikebukuro, our last stop.

Jun 3, 10:55 AM

May 2019
Anyone else notice Akira sniffing the green beret hat after she got it from Shizuru's dad? lol Akira also acted fearless when they all encountered the manga artists and she acted like she knew the hat gave her powers, good stuff.
Jun 3, 11:25 AM

May 2019
A nice little reunion at the beginning of this week's episode, and it's always nice to have a "calm before the storm" moment even as the girls are bearing down on Shiinamachi [SI 2]. Even seeing the continual antics between Akira and Reimi is always fun to see with Nadeshiko sometimes fruitlessly mediating between the two; little stuff like this details the bonds of their friendship. Honestly, I preferred how they became cuter after their scuffle–especially how much it accentuated the dad's goofiness–though I have to wonder what happened to their fourth member as based on Shizuru's memory from two years ago. But after being able to communicate with Zenjiro-san again, at least the girls know that what the sailing old man forewarned wasn't completely fictional. Now their purpose of heading towards Ikebukuro has been shifted towards reversing the effects of 7G and avoiding chaos, though it still seems Shizuru is set on her original goal of reconciling with Yōka.

Being unable to proceed past Shiinamachi because of the huge gaping ravine literally feet from the edge of the station–which I'm assuming was the result of 7G warping the landscape around Ikebukuro or a deterrent by Pontaro–the girls wander the gloomy streets of the surrounding area and are stopped not by kusamochi, but by something far worse: snobbish mangakas wearing green berets. Fortunately for the girls and Akira's green beret from Shizuru's dad, their ability to warp the animation style allowed them to easily take over the mangakas and it was pretty cool seeing the different art style's the girls thought of when wearing the beret, but I don't know how I feel when Reimi casted a yaoi beam.

Overall, though not as completely weird compared to previous episodes since Shiinamachi returns to relative normalcy after the disappearance of the mangakas, this one was more artistically and visually creative with the regular comical aspect added in. As the dramatic irony has been nearly broken upon receiving new information and the tracks have been restored towards Ikebukuro, let's see what conflicts arise in these last two episode and hopefully everything will go back to normal, both for their world and between Shizuru and Yōka.

1.9 km left. Next station: Ikebukuro
Jun 3, 11:45 AM

Nov 2023
This is the last station before Ikebukuro, and I have to say Shiinamachi is my favorite station of the whole anime.
Meta jokes are some of rarest to be done right and also some of my favorites!

Jojo / 10

Also, Chad Reimi:
Jun 3, 12:29 PM

Jun 2019
Apart from the single-minded goal of reuniting with Youka (and reconciling Shizuru with her, and as they find out in this episode, potentially having to save her), I like the attitude of the girls toward the actual general state of the world in the form of the 7G-induced apocalypse and warping of the laws of the universe and physics, as best given voice to by Reimi: "I did want things to go back if it was possible, but I'd already kinda given up. Things now are pretty chill in their own way."

Embrace the vibes of the post-apocalypse and all that jazz. This is considerably more unpredictable and inherently chaotic than most other post-apocalyptic worlds I've seen considering the fact that the species of creatures, people's minds, and the fabric of spacetime itself can be reconfigured by random individual Joes with the power of their own thoughts, technology is more like magic, buildings and cities, whole landscapes, etc., can be vanished and poofed away just to be reconstructed on what seems like an atomic level, and therefore everything you thought you knew about a person or place can be different from one day to the next.

Yet it showcases the high adaptability of the girls to be able to shrug it off and roll with it, as if it's as natural an occurence as changing schools or moving to some different region. Unless their minds are somehow, unbeknownst to them and even us in the audience, being continuously altered and having their memories rewritten to prevent them from going insane and allowing them to function at all in this new world, but I don't think that the series is going to get that complicated and mindfucky; especially with only two episodes left.

Either way, I can't shake the feeling that Yuuri would thrive in this environment.
WatchTillTandavaJun 3, 12:48 PM
Jun 3, 2:03 PM

Nov 2013
Nice! Next stop - Ikebukuro!
Jun 3, 2:42 PM

Jan 2022
Oh well, after fighting a gang of irrelevant mangakas and the dad who went to search for the milk for too long, we get to see Ibukuro (?) at the next stop. There is only two episodes remaining, the end is near. How the heck will this turn out, we will see next monday. I'm very excited for the next episode, but at the same time since we get so close to the end and in the last stop, I would probably guess the most fucked up and crazy shit happening. It would be such a twist if this becomes a bad ending.
I like everything, ok
Jun 3, 2:44 PM

May 2015
Lol this show is straight up bonkers and I love every minute of it
Jun 3, 5:13 PM

Sep 2020
Wait a moment, did the Tokiwa trio turn Shizuru's dad into Chuck from Don Chuck?
Jun 3, 9:19 PM

Nov 2021
That sequence with the berets was probably one of my favorite bits from this show
Jun 3, 10:03 PM

Jul 2012
For those that know, pray with me. PLESE not another Magical Destroyers.
Jun 3, 10:18 PM
Mar 2015
They overcame the mangakas who were blocking the way to Ikeburo
Jun 3, 10:30 PM

Sep 2018
Probably the funniest episode of the lot, really good stuff with the mangakas lol
Jun 3, 10:43 PM

Nov 2023
I don't know why, but Akira yelling "German expressionism" was really funny. 

In my opinion, this is the funniest episode of the series.
Jun 4, 1:29 AM
Apr 2024
This anime is really fun to watch, the girls are amazing, I really like them, this episode was crazy, the fight against the mangakas was super cool to see, the girls' faces were modified, it was super cool, it was really fun and fun to watch and it will be These final episodes are interesting and that scene of them seeing Ikebukuro all destroyed and completely remodeled in the way of the witch who whether or not it is her friend, was very beautiful, this ending is going to be tense and epic.
Jun 4, 1:55 AM

Feb 2020
The Mangaka fight was so fun lmao.
Only two episodes left, hope we can have a good ending!
Jun 4, 2:35 AM

Jun 2020
Best episode by far! Way better than a lot of the previous ones too

Finally meeting the dad, the various art style changes, an original plot for a station that isn't just "get chased". I also love how Akira's throwaway line of them randomly getting magic powers came true LOL

The lingering shoot of Ikebukuro at the end was very ominous, I can't wait to see what happens next
Jun 4, 2:36 AM
May 2021
This was without a doubt the funniest episode fo this anime😂
Jun 4, 7:50 AM
Sep 2021
Manga artists made their debut, their concept was nice & this episode also.
Jun 4, 5:15 PM

May 2014
Pretty good episode. I think I prefer the first half of the anime overall, but it's been fun the whole way. Ikebukuro next, 2 episodes to wrap this up!

Also nice to hear Usopp playing her dad. Yay for Yamaguchi.
Jun 4, 6:40 PM

Jul 2016
Nadeko's voice after transformation made me feel things.

Hilarious asf episode. Loved Shizuru's dad as well as the fight against the mangakas.

And they finally reached Ikebukuro, huh? Now let's hope this story can get a satisfying conclusion with only two episodes left.
Jun 5, 1:06 AM

Nov 2023
The girls get to know more about what is happening there in ikeburo.

That funny fight with mangaka was hilarious.

Finally they saw current day Yoka.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Jun 5, 1:32 AM

Feb 2016
SHIZURU WAS SO CUTE I ALMOST CRIED WTF ❤️
Akira is communist af, now I hate her even more.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jun 5, 2:49 AM
Feb 2015
Death by chawanmushi, love how akira save the day with her imagination. Shizuku dad and her cutesy version is good. Next we going to meet the queen witch maybe
Jun 5, 3:49 AM

Mar 2008
Nadeko thinking they will be stripped and have pervy things done to them because the artists, with how specific that was im not sure if that's a fear or a fantasy of hers lol I wouldnt have minded if she stayed that form it's fun

Some parts of this ep were pretty funny. The "BL flash" actually caught me off guard and now Im probably assumed insane heard laughing before daybreak.
Jun 5, 4:23 AM

Jun 2019
Also, I don't usually comment or dwell too much on which seiyuu appear as which characters that I may or may not recognize from other shows, as I don't like to overly focus on it as I'm watching a show and just let each series very much be its own separate thing and world and not get wires crossed, at least until usually after a series is over/I have seen all of it and discussing and analyzing the series as a whole in all aspects, like the voice acting, OST, direction, etc.

But I couldn't not be floored when I first strongly suspected and then later confirmed that it was Inuyasha's voice coming out of Shizuru's cartoonified anthropomorphic wolverine father. Similar to Satsuki Yukino (Kagome), they have some essence or variation within their voice which is so unique that, especially if you're a fan of Inuyasha and after having seen hundreds of episodes, it's basically impossible not to recognize. Especially because there were a number of lines and parts during their interaction when he was frustrated and annoyed which is like the go-to default state of Inuyasha the majority of the time and that's when the cadence really comes out.
Jun 5, 10:00 AM

Jul 2022
What a fun episode! The fight with the mangakas was the best, but Reimi turning them into protagonists of a BL was the highlight. It's a shame they couldn't keep the berets; they would have been really helpful in Ikebukuro.

Jun 6, 8:15 AM

Aug 2020
Now this is the last part of the journey? Really wacky and funny episode, with a family meeting. Definitely one of my favorite shows of this season.

Jun 7, 1:10 PM
Dec 2020
This episode making fun of pretentious, stale mangaka who only rely on clichés, is made all the more hilarious by the fact that this is an anime original :D It's not even self-referential humor, it's just throwing shade XD

It's just a friendly jab, but damn, was it right in the ribs :)
Jun 8, 12:06 AM

Mar 2018
I hate akira after this episode
Sport Club Corinthians Paulist is the biggest football team in the world.
51 is cachaça
Jun 8, 2:26 AM
Mar 2018
And so we arrive! This episode felt very transitional IMO; I don't have much to say about it, other than I enjoyed the JoJo looks. x)
Jun 8, 5:15 AM

Jun 2019
MUIGaryuu said:
I hate akira after this episode

Why? For being a hipster?
Jun 9, 7:42 AM
Oct 2019
The girls vs The Mangakas!!

"Your serialization gets axed here." was hilarious LMAO
Jun 9, 9:46 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Swagernator
I wonder what was the point of that unexpected family meeting in the middle of nowhere ... it lasted for better part of half the episode pretty much without nothing really important to add ?

But as the green berets pointed out, they have reach the place where dreams die.
@Swagernator I'm actually having doubts whether that guy that looks like a Koala really is Shizuru's dad because at the end when the girls left the "Shupi" guy was like implying the Koala dude is an imposter pretending to be Shizuru's father...

"What u said earlier really got to me. That's what it means to have a family...Even though you're a *BACHELOR* "

A bachelor is a man who is not and never has been married... So who is this? Could it be that Shizuru's dad was actually dead? In the flashback of her dad's fight with the Shiinamachi manga artists there were also 4 people they encountered.. Shizuru and the girls only encountered 3.

So could it be that the 4th manga artist pretended to be her dad to leech some info from them and take revenge on them by attacking the people of Agano? Man this is gonna be dark if that turns out to be true.
Jun 9, 9:56 AM
Nov 2020
I'm really having doubts whether that guy that looks like a Koala really is Shizuru's dad because at the end when the girls left the "Shupi" guy was like implying the Koala dude is an imposter pretending to be Shizuru's father...

"What u said earlier really got to me. That's what it means to have a family...Even though you're a *BACHELOR* "

A bachelor is a man who is not and never has been married... So who is this? Could it be that Shizuru's dad was actually dead? In the flashback of her dad's fight with the Shiinamachi manga artists there were also 4 people they encountered.. Shizuru and the girls only encountered 3.

So could it be that the 4th manga artist pretended to be her dad to leech some info from them and take revenge on them by attacking the people of Agano? Man this is gonna be dark if that turns out to be true.

On other note the 2nd half was really funny, first thing i thought when i saw Nadeko and Reimi getting different faces was "Wtf JoJo faces?hahaha" Really enjoyed the battle especially when the manga artists ended up throwing their Berets towards the girls' direction due to the altered personality they had because of Shizuru's spell.

One thing i don't understand is why Akira's Beret also disappeared when only 3 of the manga artists gave up their subscription on the Beret and not the 4th manga artist. If u noticed in the flashback of when Shizuru's "Dad" fought the manga artists there were 4 of them... If the 4th manga artist actually got his Beret "stolen", he could've just ended his subscription and it'll disappear so it won't be taken advantage of by anyone else... But he didn't do that. So it really makes me wonder.
Jun 9, 10:11 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
Anyone else notice Akira sniffing the green beret hat after she got it from Shizuru's dad? lol Akira also acted fearless when they all encountered the manga artists and she acted like she knew the hat gave her powers, good stuff.
@Alfredo-Sauce She didn't know the Beret actually has powers, even Reimi could tell Akira was only pretending to know when asked by the female manga artist.
Jun 9, 10:15 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to traed
Nadeko thinking they will be stripped and have pervy things done to them because the artists, with how specific that was im not sure if that's a fear or a fantasy of hers lol I wouldnt have minded if she stayed that form it's fun

Some parts of this ep were pretty funny. The "BL flash" actually caught me off guard and now Im probably assumed insane heard laughing before daybreak.
@traed Nadeko is probably a closet-pervert. Her first thought upon learning the manga artists have magical Beret was them getting stripped naked and when she got ahold of the Beret she made a Yaoi scene. So BL is also probably her fetish or at least the genre she likes to read. Fun episode overall really didn't expect how the fight would turn out.
Jun 9, 5:25 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
What a great battle of art style and expressions. It portrayed how snappy imagination and making up some bullshit can be quite handy while dealing with... idiots. THe truth behind the situation of Ikebukuro is slowly dawning on the girls as they meet the final stop in hopes of making the world go back to normal. Can they do it? Is that red herring of something going awfully wrong just bullshit?

I don't know but the hype for the final episodes is real.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24

118 by badabass »»
Sep 1, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10

67 by badabass »»
Sep 1, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

77 by badabass »»
Aug 30, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20

103 by badabass »»
Aug 14, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

76 by badabass »»
Aug 14, 5:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.