Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 6, 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
It's kinda interesting how this season/episode develops a sort of unique bond between Horikita and Kiyotaka. No doubt the latter is clever even if her plan is risky. Also, not a fan of Hirata and his personality/antics in this show. The less I see him, the better.

School also got a new chairman...

So many challenges ahead and Horikita realizes it.

May 2020
Kinda far-fetched of Yukimura to think Katsuragi would betray his class and will help their class in the upcoming final exams, but I mean he had a genuine reason too, that Katsuragi does hate Sakanayagi after all. So he might not have agreed to help them entirely in exams, but he did name those five games Class A was about to go with. Good for them, but at the end of the day it depends on these students and their skills.

Anyways, keeping the logical talk aside, this episode was really frustrating… like really, whenever Hirata came on screen that is. Dude is riding high and loud on his wishful thinking. He could’ve thought of a way if he was this desperate to save people… but no, he didn’t, or rather he’s just not capable. Still he wanted the best case scenario… like what?????? Lol, get real and stop acting like a dick.

Good thing Ayanokouji showed him the mirror and made it clear that he’s just not capable enough to care about others. That backstory… yeah, the same template we’ve been following in this series since forever. Though anyways, the inevitable happened and Ryuuen has joined the ranks of class commanders. Will be fun now.

Btw, really need a case study over the environment middle school kids are raised in japan lmaooo.

Dec 2021
I thnk Lerche has a somewhat sadistic approach to animating dark scenes well.

In preparation for the special exam, Class C brainstormed various strategies. However, none seemed to have the decisive edge. While Ayanokoji evaluated the plan proposed by Horikita. Meanwhile, Hirata, who was still influenced by the results of the Class Poll, showed no willingness to cooperate with the class. Ayanokoji reached out to Hirata, who was behaving coldly towards Mei-Yu Wang. Most students tried to avoid Hirata, but Wang was the only one who greeted him, only to be ignored. All of this caused concern.

It’s time for a new waifu, and I wonder: Are there any fans of Wang? I know there’s a big following for characters like Horikita, Ichinose, Sakayanagi, and Shiina. But does anyone like Wang? Honestly, she’s cute and reminds me of Shiina. Personally, I don’t mind her voice actress. Even though it’s a bit squeaky, it’s kind of cute. I thought we were going to have the whole chess game and other stuff, since it was hyped up last episode, but this episode focused a lot on Hirata, who’s kind of a tsundere. There were also some nice scenes with Horikita and Ayanokoji. It’s good to see her more, considering she was Ayanokoji’s original toy, although she’s been overshadowed by Karuizawa and now Sakayanagi this season. Shit did go down this episode; I mean, you skip the opening, AND you have a special ending song to top that. You already know something terrible happened when those two happen.

As for Hirata... I'm not sure how to feel about him, lol.

Mar 6, 6:11 AM

Jan 2020
Hirata's villain arc officially ended after Kiyotaka had a chance to speak up with him, only for Hirata to reflect on his past and be remorseful about it. Honestly, he still isn't quite a likable character to me even though he apologized to his class for his wrong-doings anyway.

On a side note, I like how Suzune invites Kiyotaka over for dinner just before he can order that special food (seen from S1E2, subtle detail) - their relationship seems to have developed a bit for sure.

Mar 6, 6:14 AM
Aug 2022
Man!! only 3 episodes left. I don't want this end.
Concerned Department Announce the Season 4. I can't wait 🤩
Ricky16Mar 6, 6:46 PM
Mar 6, 6:21 AM
Jul 2023
Chad Koenji is the best Koenji.
Mar 6, 6:23 AM

Feb 2021
5:48 Lol this is funny. Kiyopon: "My food..."

Koenji picking up Mii like that XD
That's a really messed up past. But Ayano encouraging Hirata like that was nice.
Oh, a special ED again. There is a scene after it.
EmbientMar 6, 7:04 AM
Mar 6, 6:33 AM
Sep 2015
Interesting to see Ayanokouji and Kouenji playing a "good cop, bad cop" role to Hirata.
Mar 6, 6:55 AM

Nov 2010
nice move, Kouenji. He was 100% right this time.
Mar 6, 7:15 AM
Oct 2019
Hirata think he is HIM, when he got roasted by HIM lol

I guess we got 3 episodes left for the Final Special Exam.
davidyodo24Mar 6, 7:19 AM
Mar 6, 8:03 AM
Jun 2012
Probably the last 3 episodes from the season, has the best plot until now.

Sadly the protagonist did not change at all, but is changing the people behind them.

Koenji would be even better than Ayano but they put the character down to him, looks like Koenji is a kind of Ayano but not with all the trauma that Ayano has.
Mar 6, 8:21 AM
Oct 2019
It's great to see Ayanokoji manipulating everyone, thanks for the episode, it was really good, looking forward to the next one
Mar 6, 8:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given the nature of the school being able to protect the class for the whole school year is unrealistic. Kinda cute seeing Suzune and AK have dinner together while discussing plans. The events that led to Hirata's current personality though sure was sad. But even more shocking was how he was before entering high school. Hard to imagine him as a tyrant though. In the end im glad that Hirata's situation was sorted out. All he needed really was someone that he can be open with. Looks like things are gonna get real interesting as the real exam begins.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 8:28 AM

Oct 2017
The chad Koenji stood there menacingly, what a guy. Need more focus on him actually, rather than Hirata but guess that will be out of character for him.

Horikita trying to conquer Ayanokouji with food, good tactics. But get better at chess girl.

Ayanokouji destroying Hirata to get him back to his feet again. Ryuen makes his comeback and with that let the final exam begin.
Mar 6, 8:30 AM
Jun 2023

Ayanokouji king[code][/code]Ayanokouji king
Mar 6, 8:49 AM

Mar 2013
and so, another pawn has been created... 🥲

Koenji is a chad (whatever "chad" means) 😳
Saving a girl from someone is a gentleman.
Finally, a character development from him. 🤣

Mii-chan is created as a cute girl.
CrazyButNot4UMar 6, 9:00 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 6, 9:14 AM

Apr 2023
I believe (with my life on the line) I could sit through this whole episode in better shape IF THE VA of Mii-chan was a dozen sirens, a pair of jet engines and a howler monkey conjoined to my hip like a parasitic twin.

Mar 6, 9:18 AM

Dec 2023
That manipulation by Ayanokoji to get Hirata out of his villain arc was brutal. I guess he got complacent and thought it was better to be loved than feared here, which hasn't worked out for him.
I hope we get to see more of this chad Koenji.

Mar 6, 9:35 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to Kamquat420
I believe (with my life on the line) I could sit through this whole episode in better shape IF THE VA of Mii-chan was a dozen sirens, a pair of jet engines and a howler monkey conjoined to my hip like a parasitic twin.
@Kamquat420 Lol, I know exactly what you mean. I mean the writing in the novel called for a childish voice but this was absolutely grating...Made you root for Hirata almost.

It's a shame they didn't expand the scene with Horikita and Kiyo and the significance of her cooking for him.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 6, 9:36 AM

Dec 2017
Studio Lerche and their constant necessity to make Ayano look as edgy as they possibly can.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Mar 6, 9:38 AM
Jun 2023
My boy Ryuen is finally back with his attitude.
Mar 6, 9:48 AM
Feb 2021
Why all of classmates backstories are so shitty?
They're trying to make them so miserable and misterious or whatever and comes up with the most generic and boring ones. It's just takes away all of the seriousness and tension from them lol
Mar 6, 9:54 AM
Feb 2024
“You’re doing this to hurt me, aren’t you?”
“No. You’re the one hurting those around you.”
I’m actually really glad Koenji stepped in and told Hirata that, his childish behavior was getting out of hand. Hirata’s backstory makes everything make a lot more sense, though. No wonder he was so sensitive and wanted the whole class to stick together all the time. This makes the theory that everyone who was originally picked for class D has something wrong with them that helped with the sorting process even more plausible. This whole episode gives a lot more insight to his character, but his actions, both here and in the past, were really inexcusable. I’m really glad that Ayanokoji told it to him straight.
Mar 6, 10:08 AM
May 2022
LN READERS HELP,
Well not really sure if y’all would know since I can’t tell by the pacing weather or not the last 2 episodes can include the entire special exam. With a decent screen time given to the
**spoiler**
Chess match between Kiyotaka and Arisu. If they somehow do cover this in the last episode is there a chance for the fight scene between the chairman and kiyotaka to happen this season, I’m not sure if it even happened with in the same volume but lmk pls if anyone here is aware.
Mar 6, 10:15 AM

Sep 2011
koenji and ayanokoji the mvp for literally slapping sense to hirata
Mar 6, 10:28 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Ricky16
Man!! only 3 episodes left. I don't want this end.
Ricky16 said:

Where did you read it? By any chance, do you know when s4 will be released?
Mar 6, 10:30 AM

Feb 2018
I like Hirata because even though he essentially developed a complex of wanting to 'save' people he tried his best both in middle school and thus far in high school as well. Since violence made everyone miserable in middle school I assume he decided to try being kind and helpful to everyone to see if that worked better and it did as everyone still likes him even after his behavior towards everyone.

You can say he doesn't deserve sympathy and he's just deluded in his beliefs but even on the field trip he started to break down until Ayano gave him a solution to the problem. Along with the Yamauchi situation when someone is singled out, regardless of what they've done, it causes him immense pain and stress due to the beliefs he's created for himself.

I don't think he's an asshole like Kushida or Sayanagi and he isn't treating everyone kindly BECAUSE he's a nice guy but rather it's way more efficient in keeping people together when they end up all rallying behind him as a likable guy even if being the nice guy isn't who he is deep down.

PS if you hate Hirata but like Ayano you're a fucking psycho as Ayano is 100x worse of a human by far he's just a composed edgy vs aggressive edgy
Mar 6, 10:34 AM

Feb 2019
Suzune and Kiyo look like a happily married couple having dinner together lol. The memes comparing this meeting to the one with Ichinose and Suzune earlier in the season will be fun.

This dude Koenji really an asshole 💀 Hirata already down horrendously and bro just goes to fuck with him even more. Picking up the girl who has a crush on him was even more disrespectful. He just doesn’t gaf. But he did have the right idea. Someone needed to give Hirata a kick in the ass and get him out of his depressed funk. That probably wasn’t the best way of going about it though

Think Kiyo’s method was the best. Everyone’s just attacking Hirata for his views instead of trying to understand where he’s coming from and when we learn about what happened to his best friend it’s understandable. Kiyo challenging his ideals and forcing him to re evaluate things was great.

And with that it’s just about time to start the exam. Let’s see how Lerche handle this.. please don’t ruin it
Marinate1016Mar 6, 11:01 AM
Mar 6, 10:37 AM
Aug 2022
Matte007 said:
Ricky16 said:

No No No!! why did you think I would know about S4 Announcement 😅 , I just wanted to express my curiosity regarding the next season Announcement & couldn't wait. that's why I wrote that.
Mar 6, 10:39 AM
Dec 2023
ayanokoji speech was fabulous
Mar 6, 10:46 AM
Dec 2022
Ricky16 said:
Matte007 said:

No No No!! why did you think I would know about S4 Announcement 😅 , I just wanted to express my curiosity regarding the next season Announcement & couldn't wait. that's why I wrote that.

ooohh now I got it... I was curious as well😂
let me know if you discover something
Mar 6, 10:47 AM

Jun 2017
Ah yes, the famous "That should do it."
Mar 6, 10:48 AM
Aug 2022
Matte007 said:
Ricky16 said:

ooohh now I got it... I was curious as well😂
let me know if you discover something

Sure I'll inform if I get any information regarding the S4 Announcement.
Mar 6, 10:55 AM

Feb 2021
They could have done a better job with the bench scene tbh...

Well whatever, let's see how they adapt the finale of year 1, and how much they will cut from vol. 11.5

Mar 6, 11:26 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Lerche really doesn't have to animate much, but why did they change the bank scene? Well, I think it's a good way to build up the excitement for the next test.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 6, 11:30 AM
May 2021
Koji shattering ppls mental health love to see it goat behaviour 😈 read the LN
Mar 6, 11:35 AM

Jul 2013
what's with the destroy and heal approach by ayanokoji and koenji. for me koenji is no character at all in this anime, just a random occurence.
Mar 6, 11:37 AM

Apr 2021
Ayanokouji to the rescue again, dealing with immature people, who need to hear the hard truth to get back to what they need to be for the class.

Funny, I have hated Kouenji throughout the previous seasons, but even he was saying truthful things about Yamauchi in the “expel” exam and now he was trying to help break Hirata out of his funk.
Hopefully he will continue to help the class.

That was a good after credits end scene, with the girls expecting someone else, but then Ryuen walks in.
I was like Ayanokouji new about this and probably planned it.

On a side note, I thought Maya Satou liked and was pursuing Ayanokouji, so what happened with that?
Is she still pursuing him or did she given up?
Did I miss something in the anime?
ejleonMar 6, 11:48 AM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 6, 12:14 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to MadanielFL
They could have done a better job with the bench scene tbh...

Well whatever, let's see how they adapt the finale of year 1, and how much they will cut from vol. 11.5

@MadanielFL

Is this image how the written material presents the scene?

If so, then I prefer how the anime presented the scene.

If it was a friendly heartwarming scene where Ayanokōji was encouraging Hirata, then I like that image.

But Ayanokōji was not doing this as a friend, Hirata even says, “There is a terrifying vast darkness behind your eyes”.

Ayanokōji listening to Hirata’s story of the past, was not him trying to sympathize or comfort, it was calculating, letting Hirata express what he was thinking and feeling out loud, so Ayanokōji could make the next move, which was telling Hirata the hard truth he needed to hear in order to snap him out of his funk.

Ayanokōji was fixing, and he even improved, a broken piece that he needed to have helping the class to accomplish his goals.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Hirata thanks Ayanokōji and probably trusts him more now, but that’s all part of Ayanokōji’s plans.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 6, 12:23 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to project_ain
what's with the destroy and heal approach by ayanokoji and koenji. for me koenji is no character at all in this anime, just a random occurence.
@project_ain

This is not a friendly heartwarming scene where Ayanokōji was encouraging Hirata.

Ayanokōji was not doing this as a friend, he does not consider anyone a “friend”, he sees everyone as pawns to be used to accomplish his goal.

Hirata even says, “There is a terrifying vast darkness behind your eyes”.

Ayanokōji listening to Hirata’s story of the past, was not him trying to sympathize or comfort, it was calculating, letting Hirata express what he was thinking and feeling out loud, so Ayanokōji could make the next move, which was telling Hirata the hard truth he needed to hear in order to snap him out of his funk.

Ayanokōji was fixing, and he even improved, a broken piece that he needed to have helping the class to accomplish his goals.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Hirata thanks Ayanokōji and probably trusts him more now, but that’s all part of Ayanokōji’s plans, another person he can control.

And Koenji seems to be more interactive in this season, saying truthful things in class about Yamauchi in “expel” exam and then trying to break Hirata out of his funk by provoking him.

It is kind random to have him act in these was after the previous two seasons, but it seems they are trying to build his character more.

Mar 6, 12:40 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to Farabeuf
@Kamquat420 Lol, I know exactly what you mean. I mean the writing in the novel called for a childish voice but this was absolutely grating...Made you root for Hirata almost.

It's a shame they didn't expand the scene with Horikita and Kiyo and the significance of her cooking for him.
Farabeuf said:

What was the significance?
Mar 6, 12:46 PM
Aug 2019
"No matter who I am up against, there is no one stronger than me."
Mar 6, 1:14 PM
Oct 2019
Hirata needs to get a clue, Yamauchi was dead weight in the class. Continue to be all upset about it and should be the next one to go.
Mar 6, 1:26 PM
Apr 2021
Emotional dependence implanted in tet another classmate, great work Ayanokoji ☝️
Mar 6, 2:03 PM

Nov 2017
Ayanokōji the philosopher.
Mar 6, 2:03 PM

Sep 2018
Just make Koenji the MC already
Mar 6, 3:21 PM

May 2021
Another banger week for CotE. Seeing Ryuuen pull up to the captain meeting fashionably late got me hyped up. Knew that man couldn't sit around forever. Ayanokouji looking like he was in his element this week. He was running it up on Horikita in online chess, I noticed the phone call was an 1 hour and 33 minutes. In that time he had already beat her 51 times LOL. Not to mention the absolute verbal beat down he just put on Hirata. Glad to see Hirata was able to break loose from the mental rut and return to the class ready to fight. Just had to come at the price of Ayanokouji manipulating his emotion and drive.

Also RIP BOZO to Yamauchi one more time, kid needed to learn what the shape of Italy was

Mar 6, 3:51 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to MomoSinX
Ah yes, the famous "That should do it."
@MomoSinX I hate this. Just out of curiosity: In the Light Novel we don't have this line.
Mar 6, 4:14 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This was a good one. We got Koenji picking up chicks, Ayanokouji's de-emo-ficaction of Hirata-kun, Horikita playing FIFTY-FOUR GAMES of chess in one night with Ayanokouji (maybe they were really short and he destroyed her easily in the 51 games he won, but still), and a pretty baller entrance by Ryuuen as the revealed team captain of Class D in the post-credits scene. Lemme just say, good luck Ichinose. Also thought Yukimura was being kind of dumb in the beginning thinking that Katsuragi would betray his class; but he kind of did in the end, so fair play.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 6, 4:19 PM
Mar 2021
God damnit I hate these top posts so fucking much. Every one is a plot synopsis with perhaps one sentence on actual reflection/thoughs. Like motherfuckers it has already been recapped by OP, the fuck are y’all doing?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

212 by PanditaMimilona »»
Sep 16, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 4:45 PM

» Not just bout this anime.

Avamarie316 - Sep 5

14 by DragyG »»
Sep 6, 7:17 AM

» 4th season announced ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Aug 31

59 by Insane_0_2 »»
Sep 3, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 2, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.