Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 5, 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
They really gave Lily a makeover this episode...with that apron and also the glasses. Not a bad new look imo.

The Chum scenes were meme-like while we got the usual chemistry between Lily and Akutsu. It seems this show really loves pinning either of the characters on top of each other when given the chance. Opportunity I guess lol
Feb 5, 8:59 AM
Sep 2015
We finally know boxing cats named Cham and Joe, and it seems like they have their own consciousness. Easily the best part of this anime.
Feb 5, 9:18 AM
Jul 2023
Amane running down the stairs animations is so smooth, what a treat.

Another figurative boxing match, but this time it end with the romantic tension reaching realization point, now Amane and Akutsu must navigate through complex relationship to reach their respective goals.
Feb 5, 9:32 AM

Dec 2021
Turning Point? I won't even go there with the joke.

After gaining confidence through training from the demonic realm's boss, Liz , Masatora begins to take action to corrupt Lily. Masatora, in his sparkling handsome mode, attempts to charm Lily, but she counters with her fluffy heroine mode. Masatora effortlessly anticipates and dodges all of Lily's attacks. Faced with overwhelming odds, Lily resorts to a desperate move. Inviting Masatora to her house!

Wow, what a slick counter-move. I mean, who'd think a classic rom-com tumble would faze someone nowadays? The counters in this episode are a riot, even if it sounds a bit silly, lmao. I'm loving that Masatora is finally gaining the upper hand with Lily; those moments are just too cute. But seriously, the ponytail, glasses, and naked apron combo—can anyone top that? The officially acknowledged ship had me rolling. And when the furries stopped brawling to grab popcorn and enjoy the drama, lols.

At least there's a mutual realization, but fingers crossed the denial phase doesn't drag on too long.

Feb 5, 9:53 AM

Mar 2021
Lily looked so cute in this episode.
I love the fact we now have names for the Boxing Cats and that they seem to be self aware
Feb 5, 10:01 AM

Oct 2017
F*ck the phone, every damn time. That said really good stuff this episode. Was really fun to watch the two and we got some good progress. Even Chum and Joe sat down to watch their development lol. Both realised their feelings at the end, doubt they'll become a couple from this but things should get more amusing atleast. Best episode so far.
Feb 5, 10:17 AM

Dec 2022
with everything going on thought this would be like a filler but at the end everything changed and they have realized something importanat
Feb 5, 10:20 AM

Apr 2022
ITS THE PHONE...
THE GOD DAMN PHONE
my hatred for the telephone has grown everytime I watch a romance anime...

also, amane with the glasses looking cute.
cute and funny 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Feb 5, 10:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Against anyone but Akutsu that charm would charmed anyone. The Rom com mount though sure was a tad risky. Gotta respect Lily's tenacity though. Not to mention Akutsu matching her move for move. Conquer a man through his stomach is a classic among romance strats. The meal and watch session sure provided some nice calm after that barrage of moves. The best romance moments though are always the unplanned ones. Overall a pretty fun ep that featured some nice contests between the two as they fought to secure each others hearts. Ironic that in the end the result was a mutual win.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 10:52 AM

Aug 2017
It was too good to be true FUCKING PHONE ALARM

But I'm happy they at least acknowledged that they are in love.

I can do without those boxing cats next time, it was fun the first time but dragged too much.
Feb 5, 11:30 AM

Jan 2023
The episode starts more or less as usual with Amane trying everything she can to make Akutsu fall for her (lots of really funny moments like the one she tries to jump on him), except this time it doesn't seem to work at all, because Akutsu is really determined.
It leads to Amane asking for advice and deciding to cook for him as a last resort.

But what happens is that, pretty much as soon as they arrive at her place, their little games are completely forgotten (as shown by the boxing cats throwing the gloves on the ground) and what we get instead is a real, genuine, date between our two leads: him finding out her cute obsession with pasta, her fear of bugs, and her forcing him to watch a romance movie...
And these last couple of minutes, it was pretty intense, between them almost kissing in this really beautiful scene (and clearly both of them really wanted to do it), and that quick realisation that they have feelings for each other, and also a reminder that one of them is an angel and the other is a demon.

I wasn't expecting so much progress on the romantic front this episode considering how it started, but it was a nice surprise.
Really curious to see where it goes from there.
In any case, this episode left me with a big smile on my face :)
Feb 5, 11:31 AM

Mar 2021
The Rom-Com Mount! What a devious and dangerous maneuver.

It feels like this show is starting to hit its stride a bit. I kind of like it because it fills a weird sort of niche. Even if they do not drag out the will-they, won't-they type aspect of the story, I hope they are able to keep the self aware, screwball comedic intensity. This show is a lot more fun than I thought it might be.
Feb 5, 11:52 AM

Feb 2019
Nah man they didn’t have to snap on amane’s wall running animation like that lol.

Raaah what an episode. Peak romance. Felt like we went from 0 to 100 with Amane and Akutsu feelings in this one. The first half was full of our usual gags and seeing Amane try all those antics on Akutsu had me dying. The romcom face fall in particular was great 😂

But that second half is where this episode shined. First of all, if Yuka had a romance bag like this why is she still not with her childhood crush lol. Telling Amane to invite Akutsu over for food and a movie was brilliant. Seeing Amane who’s normally all prickly and throwing insults at Akutsu, reduced to a normal teenage girl was cute. She was so flustered the whole time.

Two people who like each other watching a romance movie while home alone, what could go wrong lol. Amane was so into the movie. It was cute seeing her get all red in the face when the kissing scene came on. She’s not so tough in the face of a romance movie eh? 😂 . I have no idea how the physics of that scene worked, but somehow Akutsu ended up on top of Amane and that was spicy. She didn’t complain at all or even pretend to want him off of her. If not for that damn phone alarm we would’ve had our first kiss 😢

At least both realise how they feel about the other now so I expect things to get even better from here on out

Marinate1016Feb 5, 12:20 PM
Feb 5, 11:56 AM

Jun 2023
That damn phone.

Chum scenes are the best parts.
Feb 5, 12:22 PM

Feb 2007
Without question the greatest battle series of all times. :D
Feb 5, 12:34 PM

May 2019
Why did Lily have an alarm set at 9 pm?? Maybe that's her reminder to get her report in or something but of course it ruined what could've been a nice kiss. Beyond that I liked the episode overall and Lily with a ponytail and apron were great but I don't care much for those boxing cats.
Feb 5, 2:18 PM

Jul 2022
It seems that Akutsu has become stronger; now he can neutralize and counter Lily's charms.

The figurative battle of cat and dog / Luffy and Goku continues to be entertaining. It appears that the game of who can make the other fall in love will change, as both protagonists have realized they are in love with each other.

I'll just say, DAMN PHONE!
Feb 5, 2:21 PM
Jul 2015
Bonk bonk bonk bonk! You go to horni jail!
Feb 5, 3:15 PM

Jul 2017
at the back of my head i knew a phone would ring or someone would knock on the door - IT ALWAYS HAPPENS, why couldn't this be different for once
Feb 5, 3:48 PM

Sep 2018
As Love is War has taught us, this is the true battlefield where only the fiercest of warriors dare face each other.

Also Rom-Com Mount, what an audacious move!!

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Feb 5, 4:08 PM
Jul 2022
Good episode, that damn alarm though smh
Feb 5, 4:38 PM
Aug 2022
Probably the best episode so far
Feb 5, 5:42 PM
May 2017
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
Why did Lily have an alarm set at 9 pm?? Maybe that's her reminder to get her report in or something but of course it ruined what could've been a nice kiss. Beyond that I liked the episode overall and Lily with a ponytail and apron were great but I don't care much for those boxing cats.
@Alfredo-Sauce Most of the dramas air on weekday evenings between 9pm and 11pm.

Maybe Lily likes television dramas.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 5, 5:53 PM
Wollaces il figo
Jul 2022
Great episode, funny, direct and well done. Few seasonal anime feature such beautiful episodes.
Feb 5, 6:25 PM

Nov 2023
A very fun and cute episode.

It's official, they both like each other.
Feb 5, 7:00 PM

Feb 2011
Amane is so breedable, if i were akutsu I would've been stroking it to her already

Feb 5, 7:41 PM

May 2019
Reply to leonardobarba
@leonardobarba
Interesting, I didn't know that. They even air in 3-month segments like anime does.
Feb 5, 7:51 PM

Jul 2017
Lily is given a makeover...and so is Akutsu, pushing back her cutesy act, and making her drastic rom-com moves, like the cats Thiam vs. Joe moments. Thanks to Liz who's armed him with the rom-com tactics, Lily also gets flustered, but she's not going to back from from simple provocations like these. And with every hit, Lily gets pushed back more into blushing territory. But if there's one thing, Yuka helps her in this simple rhetoric - "The way to a man's heart (or by crushing it) is through his stomach".

And taking that sentence figuratively, Akutsu follows Lily back to her place, cooking up a proper meal for him...or that she only knows how to cook pasta. And while Thiam and Joe practically gave up their match to watch the rom-com duo in action watching a romance movie, even Akutsu knows that the mood set up is quite dangerous. It's clear that they're in love with each other, though as per usual, Amane's alarm lets loose of being interrupted as always.

Just admit that you're in love with each other, an Angel and Demon together.
Feb 5, 8:04 PM
Jan 2022
Hey people sleepin real hard on this which started out kinda silly and has slowly ramped up to seeming like a really solid romcom. This probably one of the surprises of the season
Feb 6, 5:15 AM

Jun 2021
Not the phone again lol. The best part though, is when the two boxers decided to stop their match and watch the romance of Akutsu and Amane instead.
Feb 6, 7:08 AM
Apr 2018
Reply to 42Meanings
Hey people sleepin real hard on this which started out kinda silly and has slowly ramped up to seeming like a really solid romcom. This probably one of the surprises of the season
@42Meanings it will be like Boku Yaba which was bad in first 3-4 eps
Feb 6, 10:35 AM

Sep 2013
There is always some kind of Phone-kun or Alarm-kun getting in the way... UGH
Feb 6, 12:49 PM
Feb 2021
They fall in love with each other. Hahaha
Feb 6, 2:43 PM

Nov 2022
So sweet and good!

I wish they'd end up together and somehow solve the war between their kinds...
Feb 6, 2:57 PM
Jul 2021
Pretty sweet episode with the two finally developing real feelings for each other. The jokes are great too especially with the boxers watching their relationship play out like a movie. 8/10 for the episode.
Feb 6, 7:40 PM
Mar 2015
Dogs and cats really can live together
Feb 6, 10:37 PM
Oct 2022
fucking peak, made me feel like i was back to when i first started anime, god this anime is good
Feb 7, 2:36 AM
Apr 2021
Holy shit bro they did NOT have to go off on that running animation when Amane ran on the wall that’s shit was pristine asf I didn’t know this anime studio had it in them to make fluid animation like that but I’m glad they putting in effort😁🔥🔥🔥🔥

Bro I cant get enough of hearing Luffy and Goku’s voice actor I don’t think I’ve heard Luffy VA in another anime other than One Piece so it’s so cool to hear her voice on a different character🤩🔥

LETS TALK ABOUT THE BEST PART OF THE EPISODE WHICH WAS that part where Akutsu fell on top of Amane, man that was so fucking intense like that shit was steamy asf fam Amane had the “fuck me” eyes the whole time and the coochie shots weren’t making things better lowkey I fell for Amane at those moments she’s actually a really cute petite girl😩😩😩 + the silence as the OST stopped and them just talking and breathing made things even more STEAMY😭😭😭

These 2 give me such Kaguya and Shirogane vibes so much I love how they realized they fallen for each other at the end of this episode I NEED THEM TOGETHER ASAP😩
Feb 7, 6:41 AM

Jun 2016
I'm glad they're keeping the boxing bit going. it's one of the strong points of the adaptation.
Feb 7, 8:17 AM

Jun 2016
yo this episode is good !!

they almost did it !!!
Feb 7, 9:01 AM

Oct 2018
Reply to phantomfandom
We finally know boxing cats named Cham and Joe, and it seems like they have their own consciousness. Easily the best part of this anime.
@phantomfandom and so funny to know that they are Luffy and Goku voice :') I only ear them lol
Feb 7, 9:31 AM
Nov 2022
Finally, the real romance has arrived, I just hope it doesn't become monotonous and there really is development.
Feb 7, 1:43 PM

May 2023
I feel like this anime still doesn't know where it wants to go.
I'm waiting for the moment when something happens.
Feb 7, 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
the boxing cats are annoying as f... -1 score point lmao
Amane is really cute, tbh the main reason i'm still watching is to take screenshots of her cutest expressions, tho i guess there are a few decent things like the movie, the almost kiss scene (stupid phone) and the wall running scene

oh yeah, wearing glasses is always a treat , and i got baited by the not naked apron scene HAHAHA
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 7, 4:01 PM
Mar 2020
very cute heh.........
Feb 7, 7:34 PM
Jun 2019
"My brain isn't working."
Feb 8, 5:15 AM
Aug 2018
Hoooo Leeeee FUUUUUUK , My god what did i just witness, I did not expect that , it went Way too much intense and i love it , Best episode so far
Feb 8, 5:53 AM

Oct 2008
i knew it! that sudden ringing phone was an extreme clockblocker! oh gosh! we're almost at the uncontrollable desire ACTION!!!
5/5.

Feb 8, 6:28 AM

Apr 2021
When they stopped fight to watch them flirting, that was hilarious
Feb 9, 5:59 PM
Dec 2018
An unexpectedly funny episode!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oroka na Tenshi wa Akuma to Odoru Episode 6 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 12

47 by op_pvp »»
May 23, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Oroka na Tenshi wa Akuma to Odoru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 8

126 by Katsudon96 »»
May 23, 7:53 AM

» i would rate this show higher if there was no boxing scene

midpear - May 13

12 by smoodflamez »»
May 22, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Oroka na Tenshi wa Akuma to Odoru Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Mar 11

44 by TechOtaku »»
May 10, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Oroka na Tenshi wa Akuma to Odoru Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18

39 by Orokanatenshi »»
Apr 26, 10:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.