Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2023 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
Thorfinn is a badass, risking his life for his cause. But sometimes, it makes me wonder how much is too far. 

The voice acting was godlike imo this episode, filled with human emotions, something that the show has done a great job at protraying this season. What an episode and it was more than just the resistance and speeches. This felt like a classic Vinland Saga episode.

May 2020
Thorfinn’s conviction of always going with that first choice had let him here, taking punches from someone who’s not only double in physique but is doing so merely out of joy, but that didn’t mean he had second thoughts about whatever he was doing even for a second.. 31 punches, 32 punches, then falling flat on the ground.. but, but still he stood up and took the punches, with an all more strong belief. 

This may not seem cool to many, because being pacifist / talking things through the “talks” and not punches makes you automatically uncool, but that’s fine, this man doesn’t need that kind of designation either way. Needless to say, Thorfinn won the bet and his chance to meet Canute as well, gaining the respect of fellow vikings too. Though that’s not what we were aiming for, what we wanted was the reunion of Canute and Thorfinn.

Reunion after four long years and tension being at an all time high in the background, I just liked how Thorfinn went for the main straightaway, asking Canute to take his forces back, to which of course Canute denied without even a shred of hesitation. His will to save vikings through his own methods stand above every reasoning, but hey he still gave Thorfinn a chance, just defeat him and his army and he’ll yield to Thorfinn’s wish. Cliffhanger to conclude things off for the episode. 

"I have no enemies". This was the highlight of the arc, and will be something Thorfinn will always stay true to. Also great to see them adapting the Canute joke with all the passion lol.
Softhenic03Jun 5, 2023 9:04 AM

Jun 2019
Witnessed Cinema... witnessed Peak!!! Can't ask for anything more than this. What an incredible episode.

Thorfinn finally took 100 punches and still stood tall and made his opponent fall onto his knees. He's beaten up badly but still doesn't hold any grudges. Snake and Olmar are here as well. The confrontation between Thorfinn and Canute is finally here. Loved seeing Einar speaking his mind in front of Canute and not being scared a bit. Canute has changed a lot as well just like Thorfinn. Canute will not fall back. What an episode. Thank you to all the staff involved and MAPPA for this amazing episode. THANK YOU.

I HAVE NO ENEMIES.
Jun 5, 2023 9:09 AM

Jan 2019
We just met today, you are not my enemies.

I have no enemies
Jun 5, 2023 9:56 AM
May 2021
Amazing ep man. Thorfinns resolve to take those 100 hits is incredible. Goated MC/series. Its time as well for Canute to take what he wants!!
Jun 5, 2023 9:57 AM
May 2022
What a freaking GOAT Thorfinn
Jun 5, 2023 10:03 AM

Apr 2015
A lot of really nice shots of Thorfinn and Canute this episode, they went all in the character design details.

Can't wait to see how this season will end.
Jun 5, 2023 10:04 AM
Feb 2022
NO ONE IS MY ENEMY 
Jun 5, 2023 10:08 AM

May 2021
Pure peak episode.
Jun 5, 2023 10:08 AM
Feb 2022
jas-samaaa said:
Amazing ep man. Thorfinns resolve to take those 100 hits is incredible. Goated MC/series. Its time as well for Canute to take what he wants!!
Goatfinn, peakland saga
Jun 5, 2023 10:11 AM
Dec 2020
Peak epsiode every time
Jun 5, 2023 10:13 AM

Feb 2021
I don't have any enemies
Thorfinn the GOAT
As expected Canute won't budge on his decision that easily. I wonder what will they do next. So excited!
EmbientJun 5, 2023 10:27 AM
Jun 5, 2023 10:13 AM
Apr 2018
I simply have zero enemies
Jun 5, 2023 10:17 AM
Oct 2016
An absolutely fantastic episode! Thorfinn and Canute finally reunite after many years. Thorfinn taking those hits to preserve peace. A stonewall being beaten on, aside from that big blow Thorfinn took those hits very well. His face is pulp now but he's earned the respect of all those soldiers there. Thorfinn not wanting anymore to die fueled his perseverance, enduring for peace instead of fighting for it. Showing these men whom kill for a profession that there's another way. Thorfinn taking Einar with him to talk with Canute was probably the best decision he made all season. Because I needed someone to spit hot fire at Canute when the king tried to talk high and mighty. Thorfinn is too calm now to use that anger to counter what Canute says so Einar is the perfect one to do it. Einar spoke only facts saying that ideals mean nothing if you have to kill innocent people to achieve them. Canute is no better than your average Viking, just taking instead of creating for himself. Defying god to create paradise on earth, through slaughter and thievery. Paradise my ass!! Saving the Vikings?? Crazy talk from a madman! Who's gonna save all the people Canute has to murder along his path to paradise. Einar gets all the praise for not accepting Canute mantra. Thorfinn is desperately trying to convince Canute to just leave but doesn't look like the king will abide.
Jun 5, 2023 10:19 AM

Sep 2020
Today I realised that I have no enemy.
Jun 5, 2023 10:20 AM
Sep 2022
Thorfinn easily deserves the best main character award this year.
Jun 5, 2023 10:20 AM

Apr 2023
i waited so long for the ,,i have no enemies'' , by far the best episode of season 2

erixqhJun 18, 2023 8:59 AM
Jun 5, 2023 10:21 AM

Feb 2019
Vinland Saga has transcended anime and entered into the realm of “Cinema” that even Scorsese would be proud of. One of the best episodes you’ll ever see in this medium.

“I have no enemies” Chills. We’ve waited over a decade to see that chapter animated and it surpassed my wildest expectations. Nothing but praise for the staff on these last few episodes. The soundtrack and direction have amplified the emotions.

Loved the juxtaposition of Thorfinn and Canute throughout the series but particularly today’s face to face. Thorfinn went from war to seeking peace and using peace to end war. Whereas Canute has gone from a timid shy boy to seeking war and using war as a means to unite and save people. Neither are wrong, and neither mentality can truly stand on its own. The world is not black and white, but grey. The reality is not everything can be solved Thorfinn’s way nor can it be solved Canute’s way.

Speechless. Masterclass.
Marinate1016Jun 5, 2023 10:24 AM
Jun 5, 2023 10:24 AM
May 2023
I have no enemies.
Jun 5, 2023 10:27 AM
Aug 2016
What a powerful episode man. I am still shaking after what I witnessed! 

- Drott is busy beating the shit out of Thorfinn, but Thorfinn is rolling with the punches to soften the blow on his body

- On 32nd punch he gets distracted due to Snake and Olmar's appearance and gets punched hard 

- Snake tries to convince him to stop saying it's impossible, but Thorfinn counter questions him asking if he even tried to talk before raising the sword

- "Why are you just standing there, middle-part? Your fists hurt less than being bitten by a bug! Sixty-eight more. Get it over with. I am a busy man, People are waiting for me"
GOOSEBUMPS, FUCKING GOOSEBUMPS ALL OVER THE BODY!

- 100 punches complete, Drott accepts defeat and apologizes Thorfinn. Wulf comes and talks with Thorfinn

- "I can't hit someone when I'm trying to negotiate for peace. I just met all of you today. We have no reason to hate each other. So why do we have to hit each other? It's stupid. It's just Canute and Ketil who are feuding with each other. The two leaders could settle this over a game of hnefatafl. There's no need to gather all these men and shed all this blood."

"We just met today. You are not my enemies. I don't have any enemies."

Fucking powerful, such a mature mentality. I already knew about this dialogue because of the memes, but with full context, it feels so well thought out and deep. 

- Wulf provides passage towards Canute. Thorfinn calls Einar to come with him. Both go and talk to Canute

- Lot of back and forth between Thorfinn and Canute. On God, on paradise, on suffering, on saving Vikings vs saving those who suffered from brutality of Vikings.

- Canute's refusal to leave the farm, he surrounds Thorfinn with his guards. What's gonna be next? Episode end.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this was too good. Peak Seinen. I finally am able to acknowledge why is VS compared to Berserk and Vagabond, and it rightfully deserves so. 

5/5 episode. Next episode is called "Two Paths". I am not really sure what's gonna happen, but hopefully the negotiation comes to a peaceful resolution, otherwise it's gonna be pretty bad for the farmers. 
Jun 5, 2023 10:28 AM
Aug 2020
Once again,Mappa did a wonderful work.

Thorfinn is trying to find the bug answer against war…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 5, 2023 10:36 AM

Jan 2018
Thorfinn took all 100 punches like a champ... I want to give the man a hug. And he finally said it. The iconic line from the manga was finally animated. Got me all teared up.

Canute is one crazy MF. He has gone bananas. He thinks he can take on God as if it's the most normal thing to do. Everyone who attempted to create paradise on earth created nothing but hell for themselves and others.

Man, why did the episode end so early? It didn't feel like 25 minutes at all. It felt much shorter. Vinland Saga S2 is one of the few anime where I don't see how much time is left because I get so immersed.

The animation and voice acting is goated but I think a lot of praise should go to the music and sound design too cause they help build atmosphere and improve immersion.

Can't believe we have only 2 episodes left. Can't wait to see what happens.
Jun 5, 2023 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
First episode this season that was kind of a lot down for me simply because of the simplistic dialogue between thorfinn and canute. Thorfinn knows of the scheming that goes on behind these decisions to wage war etc, him expecting such conflict to be resolved through discussion is naive and gives pacifism a similar air of naivete. If keitl had an army as strong as canute's would everybody still have thought that surrender is a good idea for him? I wonder what thorfinn will learn from this encounter. Is surrender and retreat the best step when faced with battle? When does one move from his first step to the last step?
Jun 5, 2023 10:45 AM

Jul 2015
I fucking love how Eren and Thorfinn character development is completely opposite 
If we kill them? will we finally be free?
to Thorifnn's 
We met today. You are not my enemy.. I have no enemy..
I have read(red) the manga and words cannot explain how beautifully Mappa animated this.. Gosh! the goosebumps.. This episode alone peaks the whole year!
Jun 5, 2023 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
I approve this shit is great, was mad after demon slayer episode yesterday but now I'm fixed
Jun 5, 2023 10:47 AM

Sep 2020
UkRs said:
I fucking love how Eren and Thorfinn character development is completely opposite 
to Thorifnn's 
I have read(red) the manga and words cannot explain how beautifully Mappa animated this.. Gosh! the goosebumps.. This episode alone peaks the whole year!
Thorfinn is the positive charge and Eren is the negative charge. To remain neutral we need both in our life.
Jun 5, 2023 10:57 AM

Jul 2015
ZXEAN said:
UkRs said:
to Thorifnn's 
Thorfinn is the positive charge and Eren is the negative charge. To remain neutral we need both in our life.
I freaking know right! its still Ironic how both MCs on the peak opposite end of the spectrum are just as loved (Eren a bit more before the aot ending)
Eren has more fan favorites among teenage boys meanwhile Thorfinn has more fan favorite's among adult male and females..
Jun 5, 2023 10:59 AM

Jan 2019
Love the man Thorfinn has become. And Einar is right, Canute is a hypocritical lunatic.

Jun 5, 2023 11:05 AM
Aug 2018
"I don't have any enemies at all."
Aug 2016
UkRs said:
to Thorifnn's 
Oof, two extreme sides, but two extreme peak sides for sure. 

Jan 2021
Another top tier episode and I already want the next to come so baddddd

Literally amazing on all fronts is how I could sum this episode up, such great music selections, breathtaking shots and props to the VA's for putting all they had because for the first time during watching season 2, I got pure chills and I couldn't get enough of it.

Strong 10 out of 10 for this weeks episode and next weeks looks even better but why am I not surpsied,
Jun 5, 2023 11:07 AM

Nov 2021
Absolute peak episode, 10/10. Can't believe it ended so quickly
Jun 5, 2023 11:07 AM

Dec 2020
Thorfinn really is a beast he took these 100 punches from this guy and in the end he ses that he was really knut protector.
And there we go knut and thorfinn are meeting each other after 4 years what an amazing episode.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 5, 2023 11:08 AM
Apr 2018
Today I found out I have no enemies
Jun 5, 2023 11:10 AM
Jan 2017
PEAK

Jun 5, 2023 11:12 AM
Mar 2023
I have no enemies.
Jun 5, 2023 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
He said the line, bois!

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

Jun 5, 2023 11:19 AM
Feb 2023
Koustubh said:
What a powerful episode man. I am still shaking after what I witnessed! 

- Drott is busy beating the shit out of Thorfinn, but Thorfinn is rolling with the punches to soften the blow on his body

- On 32nd punch he gets distracted due to Snake and Olmar's appearance and gets punched hard 

- Snake tries to convince him to stop saying it's impossible, but Thorfinn counter questions him asking if he even tried to talk before raising the sword

- "Why are you just standing there, middle-part? Your fists hurt less than being bitten by a bug! Sixty-eight more. Get it over with. I am a busy man, People are waiting for me"
GOOSEBUMPS, FUCKING GOOSEBUMPS ALL OVER THE BODY!

- 100 punches complete, Drott accepts defeat and apologizes Thorfinn. Wulf comes and talks with Thorfinn

- "I can't hit someone when I'm trying to negotiate for peace. I just met all of you today. We have no reason to hate each other. So why do we have to hit each other? It's stupid. It's just Canute and Ketil who are feuding with each other. The two leaders could settle this over a game of hnefatafl. There's no need to gather all these men and shed all this blood."

"We just met today. You are not my enemies. I don't have any enemies."

Fucking powerful, such a mature mentality. I already knew about this dialogue because of the memes, but with full context, it feels so well thought out and deep. 

- Wulf provides passage towards Canute. Thorfinn calls Einar to come with him. Both go and talk to Canute

- Lot of back and forth between Thorfinn and Canute. On God, on paradise, on suffering, on saving Vikings vs saving those who suffered from brutality of Vikings.

- Canute's refusal to leave the farm, he surrounds Thorfinn with his guards. What's gonna be next? Episode end.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this was too good. Peak Seinen. I finally am able to acknowledge why is VS compared to Berserk and Vagabond, and it rightfully deserves so. 

5/5 episode. Next episode is called "Two Paths". I am not really sure what's gonna happen, but hopefully the negotiation comes to a peaceful resolution, otherwise it's gonna be pretty bad for the farmers. 

Haven't completed berserk but vagabond and vinland saga can definitely help anyone who is willing to change.
Musashi is too far for me to reach but I relate a lot with matahachi , his latest resolve before the hiatus gave me a lot of motivation to change slowly at my pace instead of setting unrealistic goals .
Jun 5, 2023 11:23 AM

Nov 2016
Thorfinn's speech was real. He took the beating yet won. Impressive way to gain respect from everyone. Canute also became one hell of a man. Shit was epic.
FMmatronJun 5, 2023 11:34 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 5, 2023 11:25 AM
Apr 2022
Just peak fiction.
Jun 5, 2023 11:28 AM

Sep 2019
Peak fucking cinema
Jun 5, 2023 11:29 AM
Dec 2021
great episode, enjoyed it a lot.
Jun 5, 2023 11:30 AM

Jul 2014
Actual peak episode. And he said his famous quote that he has no enemies, was so liking this episode. Sad what happened to Canute is that he wanna turn all of this into war to challenge god and make this world safe for the vikings
Jun 5, 2023 11:32 AM
May 2023
Koustubh said:
UkRs said:
to Thorifnn's 
Oof, two extreme sides, but two extreme peak sides for sure. 
peak Fiction
"Tatakae tatakae" and "I have no enemy"
Jun 5, 2023 11:33 AM
Oct 2022
'I don't have any enemies'
PEAK FICTION RIGHT THERE
Jun 5, 2023 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
My man Canute coming in with one of the best speeches in anime. He's truly the king of rebellion. Absolutely loved the whole scenery and composition of the last seven minutes.

Only two weeks left and the anime of the year has come to its conclusion.
Jun 5, 2023 11:39 AM

Sep 2014
Three things I wanted to see today:
1) Thorfinn asking the bear killer to throw the next 68 punches and not waste anymore of his time
2) "I have no enemies"
3) Canute's attempt to stop the waves to show how powerless he feels 

Absolute perfection!
Jun 5, 2023 11:40 AM

Aug 2022
He said it! He said the thing!
Jun 5, 2023 11:43 AM
Dec 2022
simply excellent
Jun 5, 2023 11:44 AM
Mar 2023
thorfin is the goat
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2023

249 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

381 by Zekkenshin »»
Jun 6, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2023

170 by DWERGman »»
Jun 5, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2023

214 by FarCritical »»
Jun 5, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Who is the most handsome Vinland Saga man?

Shizuna - May 24

23 by Nunofurbusiness »»
Jun 4, 11:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.