Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, a case to solve and not only just to deal with a mystery but prove the innocence of the Armed Detective Agency. 

Good to see old faces against from the previous seasons, from both sides including Kyouka! I also have to admit that Atsushi is a brave soul for the risks he's pulling to deal with all this. Like, this guy has really grown from his past self and I'm impressed. This was a hell of an episode. 
Stark700Feb 22, 2023 6:49 AM
Feb 22, 2023 6:29 AM

Apr 2016
You know, it really shows how bad the agency is at fighting this new current enemy ... when its a guy wearing a choker who bailed them out, lmao .. and even that barely, kek. Anyway, there ain't no way Kunikida is dead, and hey, the money guy is back. For now at least ... with some plan ...
Feb 22, 2023 6:34 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 22, 2023 7:04 AM

May 2020
GOAT Dazai still doing his things even after being put behind some area 51 kind of security cell.. and he's with Fyodor there. Can't wait to see how he'll foil his plans.

Be it Guild or Port Mafia, Yosano's the only one they're after. Thank her godly ability for that. Though kinda concerned what Francis been planning there, as now even Atsushi and Kyoka are helping him, chances of them getting double crossed are very much alive after that last scene.

Also no fucking way Kunikida is dead. Now waiting for Ranpo to arrive at the scene in coming episodes.
Feb 22, 2023 7:56 AM

Apr 2016
Kunikida truly managed to live up to his ideals by not allowing his colleagues to be killed. What an absolute madman. I don't think there's anyone in the Agency that is as selflessly suicidal as him. The closest one is Atsushi, but he has the benefit of the tiger's healing factor. Speaking of Atsushi, I really liked him this episode. His decision to got to Francis was a smart one, and took quite a bit of courage to make what is basically a deal with the devil. Him using his past as a motivator to push forward instead of self-pitying himself is a nice bit of character development and shows how far he's come since Season 1.
Feb 22, 2023 7:58 AM
Oct 2021
"Leave her without a job & home, decieve her family into disowning her" - well he already did that to Chuuya soooo
Feb 22, 2023 7:59 AM

Sep 2017
nice episode.

mori sensei takes the cake.

poor kunikida.

dazai hallucination. are they just hallucinations or something more??

things are clashing. dazai vs fyodor

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 22, 2023 8:04 AM

Sep 2017
helennaaj said:
"Leave her without a job & home, decieve her family into disowning her" - well he already did that to Chuuya soooo

nah, what the sheep did to chuuya was them being so entitled over being able to abuse his powers. if anything the port mafia gave chuuya purpose and saved him from his abusive familyhood of lowlifers who got into fights expecting chuuya to clean up for em.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 22, 2023 8:10 AM
May 2019
Dr. Mori's bare-faced lie is bound to catch up. No doubt the Hunting Dogs will strongly pursue Yosano, she being both a military "traitor" and effective antidote to sword wounds (e.g. helicopter escape).
Feb 22, 2023 8:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Saved by the mafia huh didn't see that coming. What a way to deter pursuit though. Its chilling to seer just how much had changed after being branded as criminals by the public. Taking out Dazai from the get go was an excellent move on the enemies part. Though looks like that was also planned by him as well. The chiefs view was certainly extreme thats for sure. Compassion and kindness though is a trait that suits Atsushi really well. The question here now though is just whose side Francis is on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2023 8:52 AM
May 2019
Shingster said:
The question here now though is just whose side Francis is on.
Francis's situation has been well-executed by the author tbh. With his employees and base of operations now in Yokohama, "defending his property" means defending the city, totally contravening Fyodor and the original plan of the Guild.
Feb 22, 2023 8:56 AM
Nov 2022
:'((((((((((((((((((((
Feb 22, 2023 9:13 AM

Mar 2020
Nice to see some old faces back in action from both sides, especially Kyouka and Francis. The mystery and the mind games at hand here are great, and Dazai and Fyodor having their own chess match while being captive is so fitting for those two intellectuals. Yosano seems to be the target for Port Mafia and the Hunting Dogs, fittingly so, since her power is perhaps the most useful of them all.

Francis is a joy to watch, don't completely know what he's up to, and I wonder if this transaction will indeed be a trap as Mori said. Also, there is no way Kunikida's dead.
Feb 22, 2023 9:28 AM

Feb 2019
Dazai so goated man he just always a step ahead of everyone I love it. No better way to find out what fyodor up to than by literally sitting in front of him in a prison cell lmao

Was francis hesitating to believe Atsushi an effect of the ability that changes people’s memories or what? Cause it doesn’t make sense that he’d believe the detective agency of all people would actually murder hostages
Feb 22, 2023 9:39 AM
Oct 2021
JeremiahOrange said:
helennaaj said:

nah, what the sheep did to chuuya was them being so entitled over being able to abuse his powers. if anything the port mafia gave chuuya purpose and saved him from his abusive familyhood of lowlifers who got into fights expecting chuuya to clean up for em.

thats a bit harsh, they were just a bunch of delinquent kids thinking they're doing something, yes they hid behind his power but they wouldn't have betrayed him if it wasn't for Dazai
Feb 22, 2023 9:39 AM

Oct 2017
Dazai once again proving why he's the GOAT. Let's see how he outwits Fyodor and saves the agency.
Feb 22, 2023 9:41 AM

Dec 2018
Francis is such a well done character i can't tell if i want to love him or hate him
Feb 22, 2023 9:43 AM

Dec 2018
MegamiRem said:
Dazai once again proving why he's the GOAT. Let's see how he outwits Fyodor and saves the agency.
i really do like him. "the maid at the cafe won't date me" and fyodor says "just ruin her life and then she'll need you" like those are two seriously different things but i thought the exchange was funny.
Feb 22, 2023 9:53 AM

Jun 2016
Mori yelled "IT'S A TRAP!" and he's probably right. Francis wouldn't do an agreement without getting something or someone (likely be Yosano). Things are getting harsher in Yokohama.
Feb 22, 2023 10:05 AM
Feb 2023
let fyodor and dazai cook whatever their silly little asses are doing0
Feb 22, 2023 10:09 AM
Jul 2021
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa mi vida es tan miserable que buen anime dios mio
Feb 22, 2023 10:48 AM
Aug 2022
finally the episode has come where Dazai makes his prison debut ayye
Feb 22, 2023 11:01 AM
Feb 2020
All I could say after watching this episode is, I'm glad they didnt change Francis voice actor (Takahiro Sakurai) despite his scandal🤧

Meanwhile Dazai and Fyodor at the prison playing chess being a budd to each other made me laugh lol.

Dont know why but I felt like this episode feels rush although I havent gotten to this part in the manga yet, cant wait for next week episode
Feb 22, 2023 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
Now its getting really good
Feb 22, 2023 1:06 PM
Feb 2018
*chuckles* haha, i'm in danger
Feb 22, 2023 1:26 PM
Apr 2019
Mori sensei is such a wicked character, love him 🙌
FyoZai showdown 😂
Feb 22, 2023 1:35 PM

Dec 2015
Thought that Kunikida was going to waver but seeing him not back down was so cool to see.
Dazai and Fydor bantering was quite entertaining. Their game of chess will be even more fun to watch.

And just when there's some hope things seem to be getting worse.
Looking forward to how they get out of this one.

On another note, never noticed before but Francis looks like an older Shirogane Miyuki from Kaguya-sama.
Feb 22, 2023 1:35 PM

Jun 2015
Great stuff, the banter between Dazai and Fyodor is hilarious (I just thought it'd be great to include the guards reaction to their talk too)
Oh yeah, and the next episode... *gets ready ;^;*
Switch_ZFeb 22, 2023 1:43 PM
Feb 22, 2023 1:46 PM

Sep 2017
"Fun" fact but the prison where Fyodor and Dazai are is supposed to be in an unknown location in Europe

Well, there's a small village named Meursault right next to my place and I've been there several times. Didn't see any sign of Dazai or Fyodor tho
Feb 22, 2023 1:52 PM
Feb 2023
My favourite episode so far. The Dazai & Fyodor interaction was superb and hilarious. The action was clean.

CHUUYA!!

The cliffhanger? I don’t want to wait another week for an episode : ((
Feb 22, 2023 2:12 PM

Dec 2016
I’m sure we aren’t supposed to overthink the super duper highly secure floating bubble prison, but maybe the warden running that joint shouldn’t let prisoners chat with each other….

This episode needed more Chuuya. 
Feb 22, 2023 2:36 PM

Aug 2015
Anyone know what chapter I should start reading the mange from after this episode?
Feb 22, 2023 2:54 PM
Apr 2021
shirushi. what a perfect song
Feb 22, 2023 3:01 PM

Jul 2022
Oh my gawddddd this is my favourite arc yall

and Dostoyevski is my favourite villain, besides Suguru in JJK ofc, but the scene with Dazai and Fyodor is just that chef's kiss goodness.

The animation, the sound design, the EVERYTHING is so gooooood this season. I'm reading the manga at the same time but I'm still mad excited for the next ep.
Feb 22, 2023 3:05 PM

Jul 2022
Kuroh- said:
what chapter
Chapter 65 contains the last scene and then goes on with the story.
Feb 22, 2023 3:33 PM

Jan 2021
This case is only getting bigger and bigger, The Agency is trying to prove their innocence and it looks like they will do whatever it costs. 

The part between Dazai & Fyodor was funny. I hope Kunikida still lives despite him bringing out an grenade and blowing up himself and an enemy. 

This episode was intense.
Feb 22, 2023 4:01 PM

Nov 2011
I thought the first half was pretty good. A lot of crazy things happening including Kunikida pulling out a grenade. Wild.

Dazai certified goat.

I thought the second half was kinda wack TBH. Eyes of God asking really questioning that the agency murdered people?

My biggest issue was Yosano's reaction to Mori telling her the boss was "Okay" sending her to Port Mafia. Like why The fuck would Yosano believe Mori? The Boss knows how much she despises Mori. I just thought her reaction was really unexpected and honestly made no sense imo.

we'll see what happens
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 22, 2023 5:01 PM
Jun 2021
SoraSenpai said:
I thought the first half was pretty good. A lot of crazy things happening including Kunikida pulling out a grenade. Wild.

Dazai certified goat.

I thought the second half was kinda wack TBH. Eyes of God asking really questioning that the agency murdered people?

My biggest issue was Yosano's reaction to Mori telling her the boss was "Okay" sending her to Port Mafia. Like why The fuck would Yosano believe Mori? The Boss knows how much she despises Mori. I just thought her reaction was really unexpected and honestly made no sense imo.

we'll see what happens

Literally my exact thoughts. That grande came out of nowhere,didn’t really think that he would sacrifice himself- and hoping that ge is somehow alive.

Dazai is the goat. Dazai vs Fyodor was funny in the middle of all the things that are happening to the Agency.

I wish Yosano hadn’t reacted as if the President betrayed her. Maybe its due to PTSD idk.

Really hyped to see the next episode
Feb 22, 2023 6:11 PM

Apr 2022
damn saved by the port mafia but kenji still got impaled through his seat. dazai being dazai. no way kunikida is actually dead.
Feb 22, 2023 6:38 PM
Aug 2020
Impossible to be desappointed this season, I can’t hold my breath, every episodes are incredible, the atmosphere, dialogues , can’t wait for the next one…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 22, 2023 7:29 PM
Mar 2015
Dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight
Feb 22, 2023 10:47 PM

Dec 2021
dazai vs fyodor was so out of pocket that was hilarious 
Feb 23, 2023 12:48 AM

Feb 2023
Bones is doing a fantastic job adapting the manga this season! Minimal things are being skipped and the pacing is looking really good to end this season at the spot I think it'll end at. As a manga reader I am very pleased right now! I can't wait to see the next series of events animated xD I've been waiting years for this.

Feb 23, 2023 2:46 AM
Oct 2021
Meruseitai said:
Bones is doing a fantastic job adapting the manga this season! Minimal things are being skipped and the pacing is looking really good to end this season at the spot I think it'll end at. As a manga reader I am very pleased right now! I can't wait to see the next series of events animated xD I've been waiting years for this.

what do you think where will it end? my guess is ch 77
Feb 23, 2023 4:06 AM
Jun 2021
So like Fukuzawa made a deal with port mafia to save the members of the agency with the exchange of one agency member and Fukuzawa said with the exception of Yosano but the port mafia be lying about this. Also liked the part with Dazai and Fyodor.
Feb 23, 2023 5:32 AM

Jul 2022
Mori being Mori, I guess, but at least the gang is alive. I mean I´ll never fail to admire Kunikida´s ideals. what a man.
that little comic exchange of advice between Fyodor and Dazai was funny. glad to see him back in the game
I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party, and I attended with my real face. - franz kafka

Feb 23, 2023 5:40 AM
Dec 2022
This is a must watch anime of 2023. NO QUESTION!!!!!!
Feb 23, 2023 5:42 AM
Jan 2023
Softhenic03 said:
GOAT Dazai still doing his things even after being put behind some area 51 kind of security cell.. and he's with Fyodor there. Can't wait to see how he'll foil his plans.

Be it Guild or Port Mafia, Yosano's the only one they're after. Thank her godly ability for that. Though kinda concerned what Francis been planning there, as now even Atsushi and Kyoka are helping him, chances of them getting double crossed are very much alive after that last scene.

Also no fucking way Kunikida is dead. Now waiting for Ranpo to arrive at the scene in coming episodes.
I trust Francis over lying Mori. Francis has always been transparent about intentions since day one.
Feb 23, 2023 7:11 AM

Jun 2016
i forgot how amazingly this series is !!!

super recommended to watch !!!
Feb 23, 2023 10:30 AM

Sep 2020
Didn't he already notice there's something wrong with the thing? I think he will help them but with some conditions other than curing her.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

117 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 18, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Feb 1, 2023

78 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 18, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RealCheeze - Jan 4, 2023

209 by girlwhattttt »»
May 15, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

84 by Karva1 »»
Apr 26, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2023

82 by Karva1 »»
Apr 25, 9:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.