Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 15, 2022 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Ranko seems to be shouldering responsibility on herself after all this drama...

Still, being disowned like this really hurts and this episode was filled with emotions. Kinda wish they didn't have to solve every problem with violence but hey, this episode earned my respect for Ranko. Yet, she still got a bad ending...again.
Dec 15, 2022 7:33 AM

Apr 2014
Goddammit! that ending. That was very sad and depressing. I hope there will be some miracle for Ranko. She did not deserve this tragic end.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 15, 2022 7:46 AM
Jan 2020
What an ending!? I thought this is a really bad ending for this episode. They passed many thing together but Ranko's dead is too rushed. I wish the ending was a dream of nagomi or anything else. This is too unpredictable dead!! 😵‍💫😔
Dec 15, 2022 7:57 AM
Dec 2016
Ranko will live forever !
Dec 15, 2022 8:17 AM
Nov 2021
Seeing best girl die like that was truly heart breaking. Makes me think of another anime where best girl ends up dying due to pissing someone off in the organization when Sawa wanted to spend time with her little sister and be killed by her. Can't wait to see what episode 12 brings us.
Dec 15, 2022 8:18 AM

Dec 2021
Dude wtf, ranko is dead??? just like that...Next is finale, lets see what's gonna happen.

Argshhh It was a sad episode..
Dec 15, 2022 8:30 AM
Aug 2021
omg RANKOOOO hope shes alive
Dec 15, 2022 8:37 AM
Jul 2017
killing off the character that was carrying the story at pretty much the end of the anime really smart of them. yet another anime that starts off really good and just throws it all away at the end. was hoping this anime would become a popular hidden gem but I already see people dropping and bashing the anime
Dec 15, 2022 8:45 AM

Feb 2020
Ranko is dead...!? What???😨😨😨
Dec 15, 2022 8:49 AM

Nov 2016
And it happened just like that in an instant. I love it when campy shows pull a deadly twist.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 15, 2022 8:55 AM
May 2021
Damn RIP Ranko man!! Shall be missed!!
Dec 15, 2022 9:04 AM
Aug 2019
What a cheap, pathetic plot twist.
Dec 15, 2022 9:04 AM
Sep 2021
What a shocking turn Ranko died, how will the story progress from here??
I give it 6/10.
Dec 15, 2022 9:08 AM
Aug 2019
Ranko died?!?! The bastards killed her! YOU SONS OF BITCHES!!!

That's it! I've had it! Damn you! Ranko doesn't deserve this bad ending! I'm tired, seeing people like her getting killed for no reason! They killed the best girl! WHY?!?! FUCK!!!

Rating: 4/10.

JurassicOtaku212Dec 15, 2022 9:36 AM
Dec 15, 2022 9:13 AM
May 2016
Another episode, another one bites the dust.
I was sure Ranko was gonna die sooner or later, this story falls into a theory of mine i call "Too Good to Live"
"the more liked a character is, if involved in bloodshed of any form, they're likely to die"
Huge shame however but now i am guessing Nagomi will surely lose it as she's held 2 people close to her who died in her arms, if we're talking about a finale
I'm expecting Nagomi going full on John Wick on everyone, story will probably end with Uzuko getting killed along with most rival Cafes.
She may come out alive or she may sacrifice herself for the future of the Cafe.
That's all i have to say, thank you for coming to my Ted talk
Dec 15, 2022 9:16 AM

Jul 2015
That ending was totally unexpected, tho not entirely, because we all know, that this show really likes to kill people completely out of nowhere.
Stab into kidney is always fatal. Unless we'll get some serious Deus Ex Machina and plot armor, Ranko is gone.
I'm pretty sure it was the same maid from the first episode. Makes sense, since Ranko literally wiped out her entire caffé.

Now, that I think about it, she was very distinctive in that 1st episode for a (supposed) mob character.
Distinctive design and on the forefront whenever possible.

Now, Nagomi will have to make a choice:
Forgiveness or vengeance?
She already let Manami off after her killing Nerula.
Nagomi also goes through exact same thing Ranko did in the past. It was very likely, that Akiba District will corrupt her.
PiromyslDec 16, 2022 11:29 AM

Dec 15, 2022 9:20 AM

May 2020
Shock factor was the only thing going on for this series, but then they had a thought, "Why not out of fucking nowhere we've an NPC stab that character whom people stan for? That would make something like the mOsT SHockiNG twist EVER hahaha.... "

Disappointed.. just disappointed.
Dec 15, 2022 9:23 AM

Oct 2017
I fucking knew this was gonna happen, damn it. Why did Ranko had to die. With one episode left what the fuck gonna happen now.
Dec 15, 2022 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
Okachimachi reeling in for Oinky Doink Cafe's disownment from the Creatureland Group, and things take a downward spiral for the worse. A hardcore fan of Nagomi's was killed for bragging rights, and even his companions felt the same to run away from them. As if this isn't enough, the recent Lady Omoe festival makes things clear that they're targeted at every level. Obviously, Ranko's clash with Michiyo has made the oath of sisterhood a lot more difficult to swallow, with the others only encouraging her to settle their long-standing feud and not butting in. Because this is a life-or-death situation, there's stakes involved, and the whole cafe is ready to back her up to wherever she nees to be.

And so it is: Oinky Doink Café vs. Creatureland, with both Nagomi and Ranko meeting Nagi face-to-face, to make the deadly choice of protecting a corporation, or the swines. Ranko essentially faces herself a death mission, with Nagomi being an extra to convince her out of her former job killing maids. And as sad as Ranko chooses death over saving Nagomi, Nagi relentlessly choosing to abide by Ranko's request is the final straw to suck more money out of them.

WOW, what a ballsy move to kill Ranko in broad daylight. It's for certain: Nagi means business, and where can we go from here?
KANLen09Dec 15, 2022 9:55 AM
Dec 15, 2022 9:31 AM

Feb 2014
That was certainly an ending I didn't expect to see happen with the way things were going...

Until that point, the rest of the episode was pretty tense, with the maids of Oinky Doink making their defiant stand after CreatureLand disowned them. Nagomi and Ranko's trip to see Nagi herself was brave and savage with the attacks that they had to endure, but the resolve from both Nagomi and Ranko seemed to be enough to convince Nagi to change her mind and agreed to let them in again, albeit with a hefty sweets target to hit.

After that, all seemed fine, with Ranko wanting to buy a new hair accessory for Nagomi, but she ended up getting fatally stabbed in the back by a rouge maid who disappeared in the crowd. Such is the place in question that the public looked very reluctant to call the ambulance services despite Nagomi's desperate pleas. With Ranko's eyes losing colour and her body going limp, it does look like that she did die from her injury.

Unless the series pulls off one hell of a plot twist to Ranko actually being alive somehow, then this was a brave and ballsy move for the story's direction to go down on. I can understand a few users here being unimpressed with this choice that the show has done, but I'm going to reserve my opinion on how the final episode will wrap things up. After that, things will hopefully be clearer if the choice of killing off Ranko here was a good move or not.

Overall, the episode itself was very good, even with the sudden ending that we got. I highly look forward to the final episode to see what'll happen next. =)
Dec 15, 2022 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
I have been caught too many times, I won't believe she's dead until the next episode airs.
Dec 15, 2022 9:42 AM
Jun 2019
Damn if they didn't mention the total count of episodes as 12, I would have definitely believed that this would be the last episode. What a rollercoaster episode with all those actions and fun and emotions.
Loads of suprise in just a single episode. And once again since we know that this isn't the last episode so I was expecting something that might hit us hard so I was at the edge of my seat and then it happened.......

My Personal opinion - After the last scene, I was frozen for few minutes and lot of things were going on my mind, among them one that striked me really hard. "THERE IS A BLACK SHEEP AMONG THE PIGS, MIGHT NOT JUST A BLACK SHEEP BUT A BLACK AND WHITE SHEEP".

Hoping that it shouldn't come true. Let's see how the gonna handle this war.
Dec 15, 2022 9:44 AM

Dec 2008
Farging iceholes.. killing off Ranko. Bring me my elephant gun! I am going to miss this show when it is finished. Never a dull moment.
May the Uguu be with you.

Dec 15, 2022 9:45 AM

Dec 2021
I remember seeing some people asking for an ending like what happened this episode on Lycoris Recoil but did not expect to get such an ending on this episode. Looks like that's it for Ranko there with the stab being so bad.

This is going to be a painful wait for a whole week to see how will this wrap up like what will happen to Nagomi after that like will she avenge Ranko and destroy Creatureland or whatever Ton Tokoton is going to do. Atleast they still have the likes of Zoya to fight.
Dec 15, 2022 9:49 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Plot twist after plot twist, and here I thought it was Okachimachi's time, RIP Ranko-san I hope you find Suehiro-san in the underworld afterlife.

JurassicOtaku212 said:
Ranko died?!?! The bastards killed her! YOU SONS OF BITCHES!!!

That's it! I've had it! Damn you! Ranko doesn't deserve this bad ending! I'm tired, seeing people like her getting killed for no reason! They killed the best girl! WHY?!?! FUCK!!!

Nagi/Uzuko has every reason to kill her though...
Dec 15, 2022 9:56 AM

Jan 2013
>That Godfather reference
It was great
Dec 15, 2022 9:59 AM
Dec 2021
Ranko no, Ioved you, I knew you don't deserve this, come back to me! 😭😭😭😭😭💔💔💔💔💔💔💔
Bijou146Dec 15, 2022 10:03 AM
Dec 15, 2022 10:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow, I really thought things would get better for them now but that end with Ranko being stabbed... seems like she's really dead this time :/ RIP
Dec 15, 2022 10:22 AM
Oct 2018
this is really a bad fokin joke!
WHY!!!
Dec 15, 2022 10:23 AM

Feb 2022
No no noooo not this bs to the best girl of the show man, what the hell.
Dec 15, 2022 10:33 AM

Mar 2019
When I saw them shopping for a new hairpin, I was 100% sure someone was going to die.

I was actually expecting Nagomi to get shot, or being about to get shot but saved by Ranko at the very last second, at cost of Ranko's life.

They both share the post of my favorite character for this show, so seing Ranko die was actually sad.

Can't even believe that people are still complaining about characters suddenly dying after 11 episodes. You should be used to it by now. Guess maybe people are shocked because it was one of the main characters, but it follows everything the anime have been doing the entire season.

Ever since Nagomi started talking about changing everything without killing people some episodes ago, I had a feeling that Ranko's death would be needed for her to change and... I guess this might be it. Would be cool if her first and last bullet would be to end all of this crazy maid mafia thing. Though, considering how this show developed until now, she never shooting until the end because "Ranko would not wish for this" might fit it better.
Dec 15, 2022 10:40 AM

Aug 2018
I figured we were gonna have a main character death when the conflict with the head maid got resolved so easily but I wish it was anyone else
Dec 15, 2022 11:02 AM
May 2018
Best girl dead wtf pa works think
Dec 15, 2022 11:05 AM

Jan 2018
Ranko nooooooo. Wtf man!! She dead?... :)
Dec 15, 2022 11:37 AM

Jul 2013
I don't understand why so many writers wants to kill the main protagonists so bad, ruining their story. Building Nagomi character?!??! The maid that kills her looks like axolotl maid group .
angsamaDec 15, 2022 11:41 AM
Dec 15, 2022 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
With this disturbing turn of events the meters are reading Squeepig 4.85 as the continuum continues to collapse. Winter season is off the charts in top quality story and the stability of the squuiverse is quickly rupturing

On a side note, I do hope the next episode is called Maid Rising. (Incase you don't get the reference: Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku)
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 15, 2022 11:59 AM
Jun 2017
Ranko had a fair amount tragedy in her life and she deserved a happy ending, also her last word were heartbreaking. I hope some miracle happen and she manage to survive.
Dec 15, 2022 12:30 PM
Feb 2021
Hmmm, killing off the best girl of the season? It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them.
Dec 15, 2022 12:33 PM
Jul 2021
No spoilers but it really hit me in the guts!

to quote Narumi-chan from Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii ... "... it was all so sudden, and without so much as a flag!" ...
Dec 15, 2022 12:39 PM

Nov 2011
Biggest L of the fucking season. Not even the series...of the Fall 2022 season. Unless something incredible happens in episode 12 I will be lowing this anime from a 9 to a 3 making it my biggest change in score ever.

Fucking giving the best fucking character such a disrespectful death is embarrassing. ARGUABLY she's been carrying this entire anime. If you're going to kill Ranko make it fucking exciting. Not some revenge bullshit (Look at @Piromysl post.) Have her go out in a blaze of glory, or make it cool, OR MAKE IT MAKE SENSE! (which next week could explain it) But fucking this is irritating. And I am actually fuming over this ending. Why would Uzuko send someone to kill her at the end after she was like "why would I go to the Pigsty?" she committed to her decision. Fuck man.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 15, 2022 12:40 PM

May 2020
Surely she didn’t just died like that wtf? They better get revenge or pull some miracle bs in the final ep ahhhh…
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Dec 15, 2022 1:07 PM

Jul 2015
Now, I need some revenge in the final, you can't kill Ranko without consequences.
Dec 15, 2022 1:14 PM

Jun 2012
That's something Tarantino would do, i don't know if i should praise them for having balls to kill off best girl, or be angry for killing best girl?
Dec 15, 2022 1:20 PM

May 2016
Nagomi vengeance episode incoming; I didn't think Ranko would make it, but the stabbing surprised me a little.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Dec 15, 2022 1:24 PM

May 2017
r.i.p ranko..😢

Dec 15, 2022 1:29 PM
Jan 2019
Im speechless... Who would have thought...
Dec 15, 2022 1:36 PM
May 2020
Ending scene felt VERY "last minute thrown in" but it didn't make me hate the show like some others.
Dec 15, 2022 1:38 PM
Mar 2020
I'm not in the mood to do anything... Ranko was my favorite character.

And considering how this anime goes, a chance of miracle is very slim (Although they survived this far because of plot armor, but I don't see any miracles)

Although it is somewhat to be expected but I expected the another way which is that they battled it out with the Head and having 2 eps shootout, but that wasn't the case sadly.

And finally we got to know Tenchou's real name.
Dec 15, 2022 1:39 PM
Sep 2021
Excellent ending. With Ranko's storyline effectively over it makes perfect sense to kill her off, especially since Nagomi's attachment to her is so strong. Now her death can be used to test wether or not Nagomi's desire to change Akihabara can withstand her closest friend being murdered right in front of her. Effectively she now has to go through the same events that Ranko did in '85 after Michiyo was killed and prove that she has the resolve to break the cycle of revenge and violence.
Dec 15, 2022 1:50 PM

Nov 2017
That last scene though ;( She went through so much pain and it seemed like we were marching on to the good ending.. RIP best girl. She lived her life as a maid for damn sure 🙌

I wonder if the head lady was involved in this one too? Will Nagomi have her revenge? It's been another tough loss for her :/
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2022

321 by Fr0nk »»
May 21, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2022

130 by degenerate-2002 »»
May 21, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

eplipswich - Oct 13, 2022

173 by degenerate-2002 »»
May 20, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2022

86 by MUIGaryuu »»
May 1, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2022

393 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 23, 10:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.