Forum Settings
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 10, 2022 11:50 PM

Oct 2015
ohnononono
waku bros
what happened

ohnononono
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Nov 11, 2022 1:04 AM

Jul 2021
there goes a wide view of Takemichi and Hina's wedding. it happened. yes!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 11, 2022 1:23 AM

Mar 2021
I wish this ending was earned. Smh disappointed as hell

South is actually at the wedding for some fking reason lol

Besides, why does Wakui have a fetish for dying everyone’s hair black… they all look too emo with it

Edit: People explained that everyone actually dyed their hair FROM black, so I'll back off from that "complaint"
OdabraniNov 15, 2022 3:29 PM

Nov 11, 2022 2:39 AM

Oct 2020
Worst ending I've ever seen far surpassed Bleach
Nov 11, 2022 2:41 AM

Oct 2015
MugiwaraJopa said:

Besides, why does Wakui have a fetish for dying everyone’s hair black… they all look too emo with it

pretty sure black IS their original hair color
given its japan
only one with natural non black hair is prob mikey/emma/izana
Nov 11, 2022 7:23 AM

May 2020
I mean the ending isn't bad but it wasn't earned at all. This is one of the laziest writings I've seen to date
Nov 11, 2022 10:14 AM

Apr 2018
Should have ended it at the last wedding. It is what it is, might be the biggest drop in quality from the new gens..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 11, 2022 11:36 AM

Nov 2016
Can't say that I'm disappointed. The writing in this series was never the selling point. I was enjoying the juvenile delinquent fun and I wanted to see a reset anyway.

Not saying that the ending couldn't have been handled better. But let's be real, this already lost most of it's flavor before the final arc even started.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 11, 2022 5:47 PM
Mar 2016
I'm curious about the ending's reception among the Japanese fans. Do they hate the ending as well?
Nov 11, 2022 6:33 PM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
Can't say that I'm disappointed. The writing in this series was never the selling point. I was enjoying the juvenile delinquent fun and I wanted to see a reset anyway.

Not saying that the ending couldn't have been handled better. But let's be real, this already lost most of it's flavor before the final arc even started.

Lol remember few months back I was like
Imagine if they reset everything and everyone revives lul

Legit ygo tier move
Nov 11, 2022 6:41 PM

Jun 2015
Can't say it was an horrendous ending, but it wasn't good either, and the boring last arc didn't helped it either. This ending feels too rushed and unncesesary. So many deaths, sacrifice, and character development wasted for a happy ever after Disney ending.

On one side, I'm happy to see characters like Kisaki and Baji alive, but at the same time I feel it's wrong, since their deaths were important for the story and Takemichi development.

The thing I hated the most was how easily Mikey was forgotten for everything. He killed hundreds of people, broke his friend's arm and killed him, all because of his ''DaRk ImPulSeS!!!''. Omg, that part was so lame, I swear everytime they mentioned it I started to laugh. Also, how they hell is that Takemichi forgives him that easily??? I used to love him but he was such lame character by the end of this arc.

I also find ridiculous the fact that both Mikey and Takemichi solved all characters personal issues being 12 YEARS OLD, when they didn't had anything to do with them. I mean, I get the Sanzu or Kazutora one, but Inui? Taiju? Haitani brothers? They don't have anything to do with Takemichi. I can't imagine a 12 years old kid going to a house to prevent a fire or family abuse.

Overall, I have to admit I enjoyned this manga a lot before the last arc came out. No, it wasn't great and had a lot of narrative issues, but it was entertaining as hell, and the characters were very loveable. If the story ended in Tenjiku arc, it would be easily one of the most entertaining shonens out there.

ccchipaNov 11, 2022 6:46 PM
nah
Nov 12, 2022 4:33 PM

Jan 2021
OttoLannister550 said:
I'm curious about the ending's reception among the Japanese fans. Do they hate the ending as well?

Japanese audience had the same exact reaction as us when final arc started back then saying "wtf takemichi/author", and the ending only made that disappointment worse due to how pointless the whole final arc was.
Nov 12, 2022 7:45 PM
Oct 2019
Masterpiece, I can't believe it... I'm in tears. This is the best work of fiction I've ever read. My heart.. DROPPED!I cried so heard at the wedding panel, haven't in years... This is the Knack 2 of mangas. Revolutionizing the strand genre. Absolutely incredible. Really great work, Kojima. He does it again. Can't wait for Tokyo Revengers 2
JahbaaruNov 12, 2022 7:49 PM
Nov 12, 2022 7:51 PM
Sep 2018
So...I'm still waiting for the part where Takemichi and Mickey shake hands, accidentely going to the future and realizing that both of them were in coma for 10-15 years XD

Other than, awful writting as usual.
Nov 13, 2022 10:57 AM

Mar 2020
Jahbaaru said:
Masterpiece, I can't believe it... I'm in tears. This is the best work of fiction I've ever read. My heart.. DROPPED!I cried so heard at the wedding panel, haven't in years... This is the Knack 2 of mangas. Revolutionizing the strand genre. Absolutely incredible. Really great work, Kojima. He does it again. Can't wait for Tokyo Revengers 2
youre wicked and biased I win bye bye
Nov 13, 2022 9:08 PM

Jul 2017
A really laze, lame, rushed and undeserving happy end to an atrocious manga as a whole. Wished it ended forever ago, maybe would've been a bit better than dragging it out with nonsense for a good while now, but better late than never to end it.
Nov 14, 2022 10:10 PM

Jul 2014
Should have ended it in previous arc..
Overall 5/10
Crocospect22Nov 14, 2022 10:20 PM
Nov 15, 2022 1:33 AM

Nov 2012
I knew Emma couldnt die at the end of the manga!
Lets go!
Its a shame it ended like that, like the easiest way to end it, reset this shit and go the happy route.
This manga got me bc of Takemichi searching for the mastermind, then the bad ends where we could see a terrible end for a lot of ppl, then some fanservice stuff for Take, but since the xmass arc I felt there was nothing left that could make this show better, after Kisaki's death it was pretty over.
I'll say it again, not a bad end but a mediocre one.

My Candies:

Nov 15, 2022 8:20 AM

Jul 2014
Worst final ever... Should've ended when Kisaki died
Nov 15, 2022 9:52 AM

Oct 2017
Everyone got their happy ending, fine ig. Never was a fan of this manga, this always was mediocre to me and the final arc brought down the quality even further. Anyway good thing it's finally over.
Nov 15, 2022 9:53 AM
Jun 2020
Just finished Tokyo Revengers & gosh the tears in my eyes. The plot, the pacing, the characters, the writing, the worldbuilding, the lore, the emotional moments...everything was garbage from beginning to end. On my way to the hospital, definitely the worst story I've ever read.
Nov 15, 2022 9:56 AM
Oct 2020
meh. im happy theyre happy. i wish we couldve seen how takemichi and mikey were able to accomplish all this. haruchiyo and senju are cute.

but is akane still dead tho? and will we ever learn what kisaki was supposed to say before his spongebob ass death?
Nov 15, 2022 10:00 AM
Dec 2020
A bit unexplained feeling, but it is the best timeline as it said, a bit emotional honestly. I liked it personally, but I feel as though others won't as much.
Nov 15, 2022 10:11 AM
Jan 2019
There were times I really wanted to drop this manga but in the end I'm glad I finished it. It wasn't the worst ending but it wasn't the best either. This manga easily could have ended a few times and I would have been happy. The ending is what you make of it, if you're looking for some dark finish the manga after draken dies. But if you want loose ends tied up read till the end.
Nov 15, 2022 10:17 AM
Feb 2021
don’t care if ending was rushed asf i love this series and specific chapter so much
Nov 15, 2022 10:24 AM

Mar 2016
This garbage has finally ended. Now no one has to read it.
Nov 15, 2022 10:42 AM
Oct 2020
It was a good ending but I feel unfulfilled. If the author wanted this to be the ending they should've led up to it differently.
Nov 15, 2022 10:55 AM

Apr 2017
Fuck this ending man, feels so insulting to finally have the wedding now when it should have happened back in Tenjiku, what an absolute waste.
Nov 15, 2022 10:56 AM

Feb 2012
what did they do to my boy naoto!!! aside from that, well, it wasn't THAT bad, I guess I just really like dramatic endings, like dunno, Takemichi sacrificing himself, Mikey definitively dying or something like that.

This ending reminds me a bit of the last chapter of Kimetsu no Yaiba: everyone's happy and everything's fine within the world. Still I can't give it a bad review because I still enjoyed reading it; a lot of scenes were pretty good too!
Nov 15, 2022 11:03 AM
Dec 2017
MugiwaraJopa said:

People already said this, but it was before that they had their hair dyed blonde, because that was popular among these biker gangs in Japan. Black is their natural color, pretty standard for non-mixed Japanese people.

-----

I'm disappointed by TR. Even though it was a typical shounen, the ending would've felt a lot more earned if some compromises had to be made. But we got the "lived happily ever after" version which just sucks because now I feel like all the sacrifices and hardships we've seen carry absolutely no weight at the end of the day.
Wish it ended with the original Kisaki. It wasn't the best possible point to end the story on, but it would've made sense. Anything past that is a downward spiral, even considering the series wasn't that good from the very start, but at the very least it was enjoyable, sort of a guilty pleasure for me. Even though I'm talking harshly about it, I liked it, but like I've already said, the ending really killed that enjoyment for me.
Nov 15, 2022 11:05 AM
Aug 2021
The ending was obvious but what dissapointed me the most is how the plot was going at the end of Tokyo Revengers after the battle between Mickey and Takemichi , everything just goes in a quick and unexpected way !

[/quote]
Nov 15, 2022 11:06 AM

Sep 2014
for everyone saying it should’ve ended before this final arc at the previous wedding, would y’all really have been fine with some the unexplained plot points? i also think there was always an underlying foreshadowed ‘the real goal is to save mikey rather than hina’ from the beginning of the story
personally i was not a fan of how this last arc was written and agree the ending seems very rushed, however i still can’t deny that i enjoyed the series overall
Nov 15, 2022 11:06 AM
Aug 2018
Finally it's over, what a mess of a rushed ending it was.
Reviewing is not easy.
Nov 15, 2022 11:20 AM
Sep 2020
Finally it ended, phew... Finally.
Nov 15, 2022 11:22 AM
Sep 2020
MugiwaraJopa said:

Black is their original hair color. It could be symbolic as they finally found their true lifestyles, although I could be wrong since this is Wakui's idea.
Nov 15, 2022 11:39 AM
Dec 2020
it was a waste of time
Bolverker_0Nov 15, 2022 3:44 PM
Nov 15, 2022 11:41 AM

May 2018
Absolutely disappointing.. Ken Wakui managed to totally screw up his series in 2 chapters.. Tokyo Revengers started decently and was going strong, I enjoyed this series for most of its run-time, but this finale is just so disappointing.. Takemitchy time-leaped alongside Mikey and literally erased everything meaningful the story had established beforehand, creating a "perfect timeline" that is not only unearned, but also feels completely unrealistic. There were multiple opportunities throughout the story for a way better ending - for example it could have ended with Mikey's suicide back in chapter 204 with the moral of the story being that you can't save everyone or at chapter 275 with Takemitchy's death and the moral being that some things are unachievable and eventually you'll die in your attempts to achieve them. Both of those would have been infinitely better and considering how this series showed us countless times the frustration of being so close and yet failing, I think those ending concepts were something that Ken Wakui could have done if he really wanted. Well anyway, that's about it, the ending was generic and dissatisfying, I'm quite puzzled as to how should I even rate this series now..
HikalynnNov 15, 2022 3:10 PM
Nov 15, 2022 11:43 AM
Jan 2021
I’m so happy that Chifuyu still remembers what happened
Nov 15, 2022 12:14 PM

Apr 2020
The ending chapter's fine. The result isn't the problem, it's HOW rushed the whole arc was. For me is not that he got to save everyone, is HOW he got to save everyone.

Characters were introduced and then forgotten/thrown away after their use, so many plot holes, and the fighting NEVER improved, just had "oh, they're strong/fast". And let's not kid ourselves - Of course, Takemichi wanted a happy ending. That's why he went back again in the first place. But HOW everything up to the point of the story was pretty much nullified and so rushed, you can't say it was even remotely creative or deserving.

Nov 15, 2022 12:15 PM

Aug 2018
Well, i'm disappointed af
Last arc was a total mess, I should have stopped reading after Tenjiku arc end
Nov 15, 2022 12:21 PM

Jan 2021
I loved the ending and I'm so glad it ended with everyone being at their happiest! Everyone is saying the ending wasn't earned but I'd say it was 100%. The ENTIRE series was Takemichis journey to earning this ending and seeing him finally reach it just makes me happy. Amazing series and I loved the ending, sad to see it finish but I'm very thankful for the fun I had during it all!
Nov 15, 2022 12:28 PM
Jan 2016
A terrible last chapter for one of the worst endings I've seen in animanga.
Nov 15, 2022 12:40 PM
May 2021
Am so sad that this series was wasted!! What a shit typical ending!! When I started to read the series I fully binged read the series & was so hyped for each chapter… can’t believe what happened to this series.
Nov 15, 2022 1:05 PM

Feb 2018
At least the homie Chifuyu still remembers his relationship with Takemitchy, but other than that... yeah the ending was rushed and this series has a shit ton of plotholes and unexplained shit. but oh well, i still enjoyed it overall
Nov 15, 2022 1:32 PM
Jul 2022
I accidentally replied with a 5/5
Nov 15, 2022 1:35 PM

Apr 2020
I'm so sad Takemichi ended marrying Hina and not Mikey.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Nov 15, 2022 1:44 PM

Jul 2019
It was nice to see a happy ending where everybody was truly happy in the end.
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Nov 15, 2022 1:47 PM
Sep 2018
Definitely, Tokyo revengers was one of the manga that ended this year.
Nov 15, 2022 1:57 PM

Feb 2012
I want to feel happy about the ending, but it feels unearned, I am happy that everyone gets to be alive and live their dreams

However, why the FUCK is Terano South at Takemitchy's wedding? he was in a gang in Italy and killed his own father before joining any of the Japan gangs, I don't think Takemitchy and Mikey going back in time can undo him being a piece of shit, I dunno if that's nitpicking or whatever, but him being there is the strangest of all in an already strange ending

Either way, happy for Takemitchy and happy for me who gets to finish the series
Nov 15, 2022 2:14 PM
Dec 2020
And there it is, the end ok Tokyo Revengers
Despite not being the best of endings, I really like the journey getting to this moment.
At least Chifuyu also remembers everything that happened
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Wakui Ken will start a new delinquent manga in Weekly Shonen Jump

ARK-13 - Apr 4

9 by fatimilla_z »»
Apr 5, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Tokyo卍Revengers Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2017

11 by PlasticRobot »»
Mar 11, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo卍Revengers Chapter 279 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bennnii - Nov 18, 2022

55 by Baytamata »»
Feb 7, 10:35 AM

» About Kisaki

Rom-Com_lover - Dec 11, 2023

5 by nexustom »»
Dec 12, 2023 7:41 PM

Poll: » Tokyo卍Revengers Chapter 59 Discussion

Barrycade - Dec 8, 2023

20 by YMW18 »»
Dec 8, 2023 7:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.