Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2022 7:49 PM

Apr 2020
Watched ep 1 and 2 at crunchyroll expo Melbourne, pretty good and seems like they are trying to do something unique for an original anime
Sep 30, 2022 8:26 PM

Jul 2017
For the everyday student, Ittoki Sakuraba sure is one average dude...only to be stalked by one girl (Satomi Tsubaki) who just can't seem to take her eyes off of him for a love interest. Ittoki's so easy to read, which his upstanding mother wouldn't allow him to, but he went with it either way to score big right from the get-go, which feels weird to him everything goes right so fast.

There's one more girl (Kousetsu) stalking behind his back also, but this is evident by his ninja-like moves, and true to the fact, it's a ninja assassination plot with Ittoki as the target, being bewildered about what's happening right before his very eyes. Another agent (Ittoki's acting Uncle Tokisada Kaga) comes to his aid, which they lead him to his house proclaiming that he is the next successor, namely the Iga village protecting him from the Koga village who's out to eliminate him.

TROYCA going all-in with a bang, I like it.
KANLen09Oct 4, 2022 10:30 AM
Oct 4, 2022 5:42 AM

Apr 2014
The war between two ninja groups, the Iga and the Koga. That was an interesting first episode. Life is not easy for Ittoki, especially his romantic life.

The setting of this anime is revolving around Iga city in Mie prefecture, which is the actual home of Iga-ryu ninja.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 4, 2022 5:54 AM

Jul 2020
Nice premise. It somehow reminded me of lycoris recoil but with ninjas instead of guns, and without those yuri undertones
On a different note, this kind of censorship is outrageous, I feel insulted

Oct 4, 2022 6:01 AM
Nov 2010
Inexplicable said:
Nice premise. It somehow reminded me of lycoris recoil but with ninjas instead of guns, and without those yuri undertones

Pretty dumb censoring by bilibili tbh, because she's just wearing lingerie, and in the pre-air premiere, it wasn't even censored lol.
Oct 4, 2022 6:02 AM
Jul 2022
Inexplicable said:

Bruh... is this from bilibili? I know they're awful with their censorship.
Oct 4, 2022 6:05 AM
Oct 2018
Is there going to be another version airing without the censorship or is this blinding light nightmare something the series is stuck with?
Oct 4, 2022 6:12 AM

Mar 2020
Not the biggest fan of how the story started. The plot seemed rather disoriented and the animation doesn't necessarily help it. There's potential here but it needs to have more impressive episodes down the line.
Oct 4, 2022 6:12 AM
Jul 2022
RinTheWanderer said:
Is there going to be another version airing without the censorship or is this blinding light nightmare something the series is stuck with?

I would assume so, but I'm not familiar with crunchyroll's censorship, so I don't know if they'll censor it or not.
Oct 4, 2022 6:13 AM

Sep 2016
the truck crash is pretty suspicious... the girl was there and it had to be right when he was walking in that area, it can't be a coincidence right? anyway the censorship was so funny though felt weird to look at, i hope they won't do it again lol. but other than that it was a pretty okay episode, will continue watching to see how it goes
Oct 4, 2022 6:25 AM

Apr 2014
Inexplicable said:

Those scenes were literally nothing at all. Tt was a dumb move for them to censor it. However, it is no surprise if you know where is Bilibili actually comes from.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 4, 2022 6:31 AM

Aug 2014
The unknown girl that suddenly approach you and ask to do things like that is a big red flag. Even in real life
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 4, 2022 6:31 AM

Jul 2020
AkeZZZ said:

Those scenes were literally nothing at all. Tt was a dumb move for them to censor it. However, it is no surprise if you know where is Bilibili actually comes from.

Yeah I've already skimmed through the raw episode and managed to quell my anger lol
Oct 4, 2022 6:34 AM

May 2020
Super mediocre premiere, and I wish I should've written super in bold letters here. Though nevermind the mediocrity of the plot, this detestable censorship was.. just what was that? LMAO.

>Ittoki, you'll become a ninja
If it was some 10 years ago, I would've been jumping from excitement.. but definitely not doing anything for me now.
Softhenic03Oct 4, 2022 6:39 AM
Oct 4, 2022 6:50 AM

Dec 2015
this premise is quite nuts.... the episode itself looks great... but ... ah well, i'll give it the 3 episode rule and find out...
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Oct 4, 2022 6:53 AM

Sep 2020
I went from thinking this anime was about shinobi to thinking it was a slice-of-life romance to thinking it was an anime about shinobi. That was an interesting pilot, to say the least.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Oct 4, 2022 7:12 AM

May 2021
It's Ninja Time Ittoki! interesting first ep. ittoki's not having it easy. the first fight was good. what we can learn from this is to not trust an unknown half-naked girl making a move on you.
Oct 4, 2022 7:32 AM
Apr 2017
It wasn't half bad. The episode felt a bit disorientating near the end, but it kinda puts the audience in the mc's shoes. I also like how that one guy didn't actually die,I wonder if they're gonna try and make death hit heavier in this anime.
Oct 4, 2022 7:38 AM

Aug 2016
Just watched the 1st episode but I can say that I was not impressed so much with the way it started,
I'd give 6,5 for this episode and hope it gets better.

The animation and design was so and so, some not that good cgi around 18:15,
an ugly blinding censorship at some point around 13:30 and the story was exposed
around the end of the episode 19:00 in a bit weird way.

An ordinary boy is at that age where starts to have his normal teen life and finally a girl shows some interest in him
Oct 4, 2022 8:07 AM

Mar 2022
i find it funny and will go on watching this show

Oct 4, 2022 8:20 AM

Oct 2021
RE: Censorship

I read the episode 1 thread before watching the episode to gauge whether or not I'd want to watch it, so I was aware of the censorship. I initially thought it a bit absurd until I watched the episode. Sucks to be "that person" but, unless being a student is part of her cover (and she's older than her "pretend" age), the girl is in middle school. The blinding white light is a loud method of censorship, but I've no objections to the decision itself of censoring her.
Oct 4, 2022 8:22 AM
Sep 2021
We were introduced to both of the ninja clans, decent animation, and art style.
I give it 5/10.
Oct 4, 2022 8:38 AM

Jul 2022
I thought it was a compelling first episode. It wasn't censored on Crunchyroll where I just watched it a few minutes ago. I'll signing up for the first three anyway, and suspect I'll last all season. The animation ain't bad, the story moves quick. I have no complaints!
Oct 4, 2022 8:40 AM

Nov 2015
Censored version is Bilibili (China)

Crunchyroll version is not censored :)
Oct 4, 2022 8:51 AM
Apr 2022
Too many things going on and too many coinciednces happening with wrong timing.
I feel like i like it but at the same time i feel like its very rushed and forced. Mixed feelings on this one might drop it if it doesnt improve in the next few eps
Oct 4, 2022 8:56 AM
Apr 2022
It was okay. Just okay. The introductions were nice.
Oct 4, 2022 8:57 AM

Oct 2014
Never know what to expect with anime originals, this seems like it can actually be quite good, excited to see where it ends up.
Oct 4, 2022 8:58 AM
Oct 2019
Ninja in Modern Society? Interesting Premise.

I knew it that was too good to be true, from date straight into girl bedroom. lol
So from what people saying the censored version was from Bilibili? I didn't know they doing censorship by themselves.
Alright time to watch it elsewhere.

And of course the villain was voice by Kenjiro Tsuda.
Oct 4, 2022 9:06 AM

Nov 2016
Our man Oreki is back after 10 years. Fr, the way he sat in class looking outside the window gave me his vibes and those of every other MC in high school

Tsubaki wasn't after Sakuraba's dick. The episode played out fairly predictable after the assassination attempt. Whether you skip the synopsis or not doesn't really matter here, unlike in some other cases where it's kinda annoying that a plot twist is outright spoiled. The nudity censorship was lazy, you could really be more creative about how to direct a bedroom scene, but at least fake blood is allowed to flow.

Set up episode was overall ok. Don't expect anything great, only a fun watch at best.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2022 9:07 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Not people trying to look for excuses to cancel with obvious Bilibili censoring that's of course not in the actual Crunchyroll version that just came out. Hold your horses, alright? ;)

This episode honestly was better than i expected it to be. I'm liking the fast pace they went with.
Ittoki not being aware of what's going on around him was hilarious, he was being targeted the whole time, quite a few tells throughout the episode which was well done.
Sakuraba suspiciously being at the scene of the ''car accident'' was a red flag immediately.

Nice animation throughout the episode with Ittoki doing some parcour with his gymnastics background and the fight scenes.
Ninja war in a city sounds dope and i was very content with what i just saw.
Oct 4, 2022 9:09 AM
Sep 2015
Oh I can watch this if they avoid murder
Oct 4, 2022 9:13 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Passive00 said:
RE: Censorship

I read the episode 1 thread before watching the episode to gauge whether or not I'd want to watch it, so I was aware of the censorship. I initially thought it a bit absurd until I watched the episode. Sucks to be "that person" but, unless being a student is part of her cover (and she's older than her "pretend" age), the girl is in middle school. The blinding white light is a loud method of censorship, but I've no objections to the decision itself of censoring her.

You do know that the episode on Crunchyroll doesn't have that censor, no?
Oct 4, 2022 9:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I knew there would be something wrong with that daily life kind of beginning, imagine being a normal highschooler but suddenly becoming the leader of a ninja clan ahaha, not bad so far.
Oct 4, 2022 9:21 AM

Oct 2017
Knew there was a catch, that date and the girl were suspicious and ofcourse they were after his life. The action sequence were okay. I like the setting of the show, modern day ninja anime with the classic Iga vs Koga clan. This should be a fun ride. Also Kousetsu gonna be a waifu.
Oct 4, 2022 9:26 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
RinTheWanderer said:

It's on Crunchyroll, the episode's out.
Oct 4, 2022 9:27 AM

Sep 2016
how could an original anime be this unoriginal?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 4, 2022 9:29 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
"Ninja, Ninja, NINJA" was kind of funny when he repeated that a few times in a row, but otherwise a weak 1st episode, a lot happened and the twists between the different scenes were not good, in general this feels like one of those free VN you can get from the app store.
Oct 4, 2022 9:31 AM

Dec 2021
Things happened really fast..

and ep was okay.
Oct 4, 2022 9:45 AM

Feb 2019
Literally the most predictable plot twist lol. The High School DxD esque twist was set up as soon as we saw tsubaki at the crash site. MC might be one of the dumbest I’ve ever seen.

First of all girl you’ve never talked to confesses and you’re dumb enough to actually fall for it, then you arrive at the date and she says “let’s go to my place” like y’all haven’t even exchanged 10 words? Even for a horny middle schooler this should set off your common sense alarm.

But what’s even funnier/dumber is that Ittoki acts like the whole ninja reveal is a massive shock and that he can’t do it when bro literally just did a 360 flip over a car and was ninja running on walls to get to school lmaoo.

Definitely a dumb first episode, but it was so dumb it was fun if that makes sense.

Looks like the Iga village may not be as innocent as they’ve made themselves out to be since the Koga are out for revenge.
Marinate1016Oct 4, 2022 9:48 AM
Oct 4, 2022 9:50 AM

Jun 2014
It was just ok as a premiere, doesn't seem like anything special at the moment. Maybe things will pick up later. And lol of course the leader of the enemy faction is voiced by Kenjirou Tsuda.

Also it's kinda funny how Ittoki seems to be unaware of his ninja lineage even though he was effortlessly doing parkour earlier in the episode lol. I wonder where he picked up those skills from....💀💀
thebrentinator24Oct 4, 2022 9:54 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 4, 2022 9:52 AM
Aug 2022
AkeZZZ said:
Inexplicable said:

where did u get the uncensored from??
Oct 4, 2022 9:53 AM

Apr 2021
Why censor underwear?
Oct 4, 2022 9:53 AM
Aug 2022
how to get the uncensored version??
Oct 4, 2022 9:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
mshfqtny said:
Why censor underwear?

Bilibili is the answer.
Oct 4, 2022 10:03 AM

Feb 2017
Last season when I talked about "Extreme Hearts," I mentioned that the pacing for the first episode went through far too much in not nearly enough time. While that complaint is not as prevalent with this show, there are at least 2-3 places in the last half of the episode where things could have stopped and it would have been sensible to do so. In trying to get as much information and characterization to the audience as much as possible, some opportunities for suspense were bypassed.

To be fair, this IS indeed Takano Minato's very first anime credit (and for series composition at that), so this could be chalked up to inexperience in working for the industry. It doesn't really impact my reaction to the episode, though. I do at least want to mention it to highlight that everyone has to start somewhere, and doing series composition for an original property, especially as your first assignment, is NOT easy.

That said, most other things about the episode were pretty standard. There is definitely some potential to make this funny or dramatic (if not both), but the episodes need to take some time to breathe moving forward.
"You don't need a reason to help people." ~Zidane Tribal
Oct 4, 2022 10:09 AM
May 2021
Dumbest censorship again huh then why they didn't turn the blood into white******
Oct 4, 2022 10:17 AM
Oct 2020
First episode had same vibes as Engage Kiss, looks like it'll be another harem with sex and unneeded, bad written romance plot.
Oct 4, 2022 10:23 AM

Feb 2021
Inexplicable said:

That's atrocious lol, why do anime studios insist on doing this jarring shit instead of simply moving the anime to a different timeslot?
Oct 4, 2022 10:29 AM

Jul 2021
the premise is kinda new, boy is suddenly asked to be a ninja out of the blue.

the parts till the bedroom scene were all boring.

the jokes weren't hitting or anything but during the bedroom scene i lost it when the dude said "wait, is this real life?" lmao. after that it took quite an unexpected turn.

the post-bedroom scene parts were all good. great fight scenes and all. i guess we will be following ittoki on his journey to becoming ninja in a modern world. i still don't know what is the use of being a ninja in modern world, just buy a machine gun or something bruh why go thorugh so much training? i can undertand they want to keep up the shinobi tradition and all but still man.

and the leader person in post-credit, i've lost the count of the times i've heard that VA's voicing for different characters but his voice still reminds me of scientist dude from platinum end. always.

4/5.
TsutanaiFuunOct 4, 2022 10:41 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 4, 2022 10:37 AM
Oct 2022
Great 1st episode,
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2022

122 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 12:50 PM

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2022

59 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 12:10 PM

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2022

50 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:15 AM

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2022

82 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:34 AM

Poll: » Shinobi no Ittoki Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2022

48 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.