Forum Settings
Forums

Do you read peoples posts on mal in a certain voice?

New
Jul 7, 2021 10:23 PM
Dec 2017
Weird thread but don't worry more edgy threads will come eventually.

Like for example, lets say if someone uses the Joker from the DCAU batman, you'd imagine hearing it in Mark Hamil's voice. Since thats considered to be the most famous voice of any animated Batman villain.

But yeah, do you imagine reading someone's posts on the forum in a certain voice? especially if you just see them being associated with a character for so long because of how much they like them so much?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 7, 2021 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
Your threads are awesome Crow but no I never did that lol
Jul 7, 2021 10:30 PM
Dec 2017
TheCrimsonSword said:

Thank you for your support it goes a long way in really giving me motivation to create threads like these. :)

Jul 7, 2021 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
Crow_Black said:
TheCrimsonSword said:

Thank you for your support it goes a long way in really giving me motivation to create threads like these. :)
that's so nice to hear I really enjoy replying to your post's :D
Jul 7, 2021 10:39 PM

Apr 2018
@Crow_Black I usually read your posts in a voice of a mix between Miyu Irino as Sora and Michael Cane as Alfred.
"Some men just wanna watch the world burn."
Feel free to let me know who you read mine in.
My taste is trash. So is yours.
Jul 7, 2021 10:40 PM
Dec 2017
RoninHimura said:
@Crow_Black I usually read your posts in a voice of a mix between Miyu Irino as Sora and Michael Cane as Alfred.
"Some men just wanna watch the world burn."
Feel free to let me know who you read mine in.

Now thats flattering being compared to those characters. LOL

I read your posts in the tone of the mc from Samurai X lol.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShadowMonkeyAug 3, 2021 4:56 AM

Jul 7, 2021 10:43 PM

Jan 2020
Very rarely, Since I don't know the voice of many characters people use as an avatar, I just read it in my own voice, There are two exceptions tho

I read DrSexy's posts in a tired 50 year old guy voice, All of his avatars look like a retired WWE wrestler, Here's his avatar now

I sometimes read 149597871's's posts in this "1000 year old enchanter" kinda voice, Just because their avatar characters feels like it would sound like that
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Jul 7, 2021 10:45 PM
Dec 2017
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Very rarely, Since I don't know the voice of many characters people use as an avatar, I just read it in my own voice, There are two exceptions tho

I read DrSexy's posts in a tired 50 year old guy voice, All of his avatars look like a retired WWE wrestler, Here's his avatar now

I sometimes read 149597871's's posts in this "1000 year old enchanter" kinda voice, Just because their avatar characters feels like it would sound like that

I read DrSexy's voice in Alex Jones voice and i read Numbers voice in just well this posh British type of voice.

Jul 7, 2021 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, especially when their profile picture is matched on what they said.
Jul 7, 2021 10:54 PM

Jan 2020
Crow_Black said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

I read DrSexy's voice in Alex Jones voice and i read Numbers voice in just well this posh British type of voice.

I just heard Alex Jones' voice for the first time, And it fits DrSexy so well, Goddamn
Jul 8, 2021 12:56 AM

May 2013
Haha, what an interesting thread.

To answer your question I actually don't. I am not sure I even have the ability to tbh.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 8, 2021 1:02 AM

Jun 2019
No, I'm not doing that, is strange lol
Jul 8, 2021 3:05 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I pretty much read in my own voice sometimes in different octaves.
And then when I read it out loud, it's definitely my voice. :U I might change my voice a little though.

Sometimes the voice changes based on what I imagine their voice would be like based on their avatar and/or signature. Or I guess it's more that I imagine the characters/people in their avatars/signatures speaking voice or think one up if I don't know what the character sounds like.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 8, 2021 3:22 AM

Mar 2020
DrSexy with Alex Jones' voice

ManWild with Doraemon's voice

SmashBlack with Gon's voice
(I miss that lad, he's vibing on AL now tho good for him)

Apart from these 3, I do not imagine any voices.
Jul 8, 2021 3:27 AM

Mar 2012
I just read them in the "default" sound / my voice. Unless I've actually heard their voice, then I read it in theirs. As for manga/books, I do try to give characters a fitting voice in that case.
Jul 8, 2021 3:51 AM
Jul 2018
Haha this is a cool thought. I hadn’t paid any mind to it, but I do think some users have a certain air to them depending on the way they post and their aesthetic. So I could definitely see the voice being a part of that.
Jul 8, 2021 4:44 AM
Dec 2017
_Nette_ said:

To answer your question I actually don't. I am not sure I even have the ability to tbh.

I always read in Angel Dust's voice for you.

moonlily1 said:
Haha this is a cool thought. I hadn’t paid any mind to it, but I do think some users have a certain air to them depending on the way they post and their aesthetic. So I could definitely see the voice being a part of that.

Something edgy i'd imagine for my posts and threads i assume.

Nalusa_Falaya said:
Crow_Black said:

I just heard Alex Jones' voice for the first time, And it fits DrSexy so well, Goddamn

Alex Jones should set up a cameo account and we should send him drsexys threads and posts for him to read in.

ShadowMonkeyAug 3, 2021 4:58 AM

Jul 8, 2021 4:49 AM

Jan 2020
Crow_Black said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:

Alex Jones should set up a cameo account and we should send him drsexys threads and posts for him to read in.

Agreed, DrSexy should get the recognition he deserves
Jul 8, 2021 4:55 AM
Dec 2017
BoyBegtu said:
Yes, especially when their profile picture is matched on what they said.

See this is exactly what i was talking about lol.

Jul 8, 2021 5:15 AM

Oct 2020
Not really, just read them through my head though

Jul 8, 2021 5:35 AM

Jun 2020
If it's a bullshit post or random cringe opinions I disagree with
Jul 8, 2021 6:20 AM

Feb 2019
I do it without deciding to do it anywhere online. That's why, without fail, I'm surprised every time I hear someone's voice. It's not my fault people's personalities and writing don't match their voices. They should've just complied with my stereotypical imagination of how they sound like.
Jul 8, 2021 7:31 AM

Dec 2018
Not until one day I got replied by someone saying he read my post in an elementary schoolgirl's voice, and on top of that it was a serious post. It's an eye-opening event for me.
. . .
Jul 8, 2021 7:36 AM

Dec 2008
I can hear Kevin Conroy’s voice in my head reading every post here.
Jul 8, 2021 8:40 AM

Apr 2020
Everyone on mal is a cute anime girl, so that means I read everyone's post in the voice of a cute anime girl

beep boop bop pow
Jul 8, 2021 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
I read it like this in my head. Re-upload because they took down my original one
Jul 8, 2021 9:38 AM

May 2021
Crow_Black said:

Like for example, lets say if someone uses the Joker from the DCAU batman, you'd imagine hearing it in Mark Hamil's voice. Since thats considered to be the most famous voice of any animated Batman villain.

But yeah, do you imagine reading someone's posts on the forum in a certain voice? especially if you just see them being associated with a character for so long because of how much they like them so much?

Yup, can't help it, my imagination runs wild :D Based on your avatar, i'd say you have a mysterious voice :3
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Jul 8, 2021 9:55 AM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
Aside from my own posts and Kuroni's posts (which I read as if they're in our actual spoken voices. Am I one of the only few users who can say they know what another user's IRL voice sounds like?), I don't really picture any voice in my head when I read MAL posts TBH

Now I'm kinda curious what other people picture me sounding like, lol
Kogasa-TataraJul 8, 2021 12:40 PM
My greatest contribution to this website:
Jul 8, 2021 10:07 AM

Sep 2019
What? you guys do that? anyways I don't, it's kind of strange tbh.
Jul 8, 2021 10:46 AM

Jun 2016
Not really, no. I do attach an inner voice to most of the stuff I read but never on forums or stuff like Discord.
Jul 8, 2021 11:36 AM

Jan 2020
Not really lol. I guess drsexy is an exception though

Jul 8, 2021 12:32 PM
Dec 2017
DigiCat said:
Crow_Black said:

Yup, can't help it, my imagination runs wild :D Based on your avatar, i'd say you have a mysterious voice :3

Yeah you can say that i would have something like that lol.

snooze- said:
Everyone on mal is a cute anime girl, so that means I read everyone's post in the voice of a cute anime girl

LOL now thats a really good one!! XDDD

ShadowMonkeyAug 3, 2021 4:59 AM

Jul 8, 2021 12:39 PM

Jan 2009
yes but i cannot describe them in words since im bad with articulating my thoughts
Jul 8, 2021 12:39 PM
Dec 2017
moonlily1 said:

Obviously we all know the kind of edgy and dark aura i give off.

Judevin said:
DrSexy with Alex Jones' voice

ManWild with Doraemon's voice

SmashBlack with Gon's voice
(I miss that lad, he's vibing on AL now tho good for him)

Apart from these 3, I do not imagine any voices.
ManWild said:
Not really lol. I guess drsexy is an exception though

Its been decided that @DrSexy's voice sounds like Alex Jones while my voice sounds like the most edgiest and mysteriously haunting voice possible lol.

ShadowMonkeyAug 3, 2021 5:00 AM

Jul 8, 2021 12:49 PM
Oct 2020
i iamgine leftist MALers speaking in a very feminine overemtional way. i sometimes watch bread tube videos, lots of them talk like you would do if you wanted to caricaturize gay men. most gays don't speak like that, but lots of these internet leftists do.
like this "man" here
Jul 8, 2021 12:51 PM
Dec 2017
_Nette_ said:

What can i say? i've been on fire as of late with thread making.

Jul 8, 2021 1:09 PM

Jan 2021
I read everyone on MAL in a deep voice
Jul 8, 2021 1:18 PM
Dec 2017
Preachee said:
Not until one day I got replied by someone saying he read my post in an elementary schoolgirl's voice, and on top of that it was a serious post. It's an eye-opening event for me.

I stg, i can't take anyones voice in vocaroo at all seriously either because of how fake af they sound.

xershey said:
I read everyone on MAL in a deep voice

Not wrong to assume so especially if you heard someones voice on vocaroo

ShadowMonkeyAug 3, 2021 5:01 AM

Jul 8, 2021 1:28 PM

Oct 2015
I read your text as if you're speaking it with thick African-American accent.
Jul 8, 2021 1:29 PM
Dec 2017
Desolated said:
I read your text as if you're speaking it with thick African-American accent.

I'm Wasian lol but i'm not of African decent.

Jul 8, 2021 1:37 PM

Oct 2010
yes but depends if I know the person, for example I always read hrybami and meusnier's posts with a bit of a french accent.
Jul 8, 2021 1:40 PM
Dec 2017
deg said:
yes but i cannot describe them in words since im bad with articulating my thoughts

I decribe Luchse's voice as like literally Gilgamesh from fate for example.

Kii_Ibarra said:
Aside from my own posts and Kuroni's posts (which I read as if they're in our actual spoken voices. Am I one of the only few users who can say they know what another user's IRL voice sounds like?), I don't really picture any voice in my head when I read MAL posts TBH

Now I'm kinda curious what other people picture me sounding like, lol

Hyperactive and perky from an assumption of mine.

Kosmonaut said:
I do it without deciding to do it anywhere online. That's why, without fail, I'm surprised every time I hear someone's voice. It's not my fault people's personalities and writing don't match their voices. They should've just complied with my stereotypical imagination of how they sound like.

I always imagine your voice being a member of the backstreet boys.

ShadowMonkeyAug 3, 2021 5:03 AM

Jul 8, 2021 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
Nah. I don't know anyone on here in real-life. So it's kind of hard to imagine what they may sound like, especially since some users come from all over the world.
Jul 8, 2021 1:59 PM
Dec 2017
TheFireNinja said:
Nah. I don't know anyone on here in real-life. So it's kind of hard to imagine what they may sound like, especially since some users come from all over the world.

You don't have to know someone irl per say to think of what their voice would sound like. I mean everyone reads my voice in a haunting edgelord tone.

Jul 8, 2021 2:10 PM

Feb 2019
Crow_Black said:
Kosmonaut said:

Tell me why, ain't nothing but a mistake.
Jul 8, 2021 2:17 PM
Dec 2017
Kosmonaut said:
Crow_Black said:

Tell me why, ain't nothing but a mistake.

Tell me why
I never wanna hear you say
I want it that way
Disapeared_GhostJul 8, 2021 2:24 PM

Jul 8, 2021 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Crow_Black said:
TheFireNinja said:

You don't have to know someone irl per say to think of what their voice would sound like. I mean everyone reads my voice in a haunting edgelord tone.

For Manaban, I did assume that he would sound German since he states he's from Germany on his profile. But having talked to him in a voice chat through H&E's Discord server, his English is pretty on par with that of an American like me.
Jul 8, 2021 2:24 PM
Dec 2017
TheFireNinja said:
Crow_Black said:

For Manaban, I did assume that he would sound German since he states he's from Germany on his profile. But having talked to him in a voice chat through H&E's Discord server, his English is pretty on par with that of an American like me.

"Textwalls" not included i assume.

deg said:

I keep imagining you with a deep voice for some reason lol.

ShadowMonkeyAug 3, 2021 5:03 AM

Jul 8, 2021 2:55 PM

Jan 2009
Crow_Black said:
deg said:

I keep imagining you with a deep voice for some reason lol.

lol im a small man 5'4" so i have like average tone of voice
Jul 8, 2021 3:13 PM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
Crow_Black said:
Hyperactive and perky from an assumption of mine.

Not too far off. I've been told my normal tone of voice is almost as loud as my shouting voice, lol

You missed the part where I can't pronounce one of the most common syllables in the English language properly though, lol. (It's the "ar" syllable, such as in "car"... or "Ibarra". F)
My greatest contribution to this website:
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is there any nudity in the Vinland Saga manga?

KcmcPro - 5 hours ago

8 by deg »»
11 minutes ago

» Is hating on Japan cool on the internet? ( 1 2 )

Ahegyao - Apr 16, 2020

87 by Lambofgenesis »»
1 hour ago

» Which continent or country has the most appealing "everything"?

IpreferEcchi - 7 hours ago

12 by GinInYourJuice »»
1 hour ago

» are nukes are the reason ww3 didn't started?

Cielord - 7 hours ago

13 by Cielord »»
2 hours ago

» Do you like to judge people?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 6

19 by Mayahuel »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.