Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 15, 2021 10:56 AM

Dec 2013
Tiktok vs Instagram!
Which one do you use?
Which one better to use for promoting your skill and service?

Lets say if I want to gain popularity by showing off my classical piano skills, which one should I use or focus on?

Using both of them is just tiring, and I dont want to spend my whole day on playing 2 sosial media. So far I have been very active in instagram. But my gf told me to use tiktok too for posting my piano practice sessions to gain more audiences.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 15, 2021 10:57 AM

Apr 2020
I don't use both ,tik tok is banned and it is reincarnated as Instagram shorts so those who use dont have a choice
Jun 15, 2021 11:10 AM

Jun 2016
I used to post b-boy stuff on Insta but not anymore, never used TikTok and I never will. Bit too shallow for me and I really don't see the appeal of it. That being said, I feel like IG is more "cemented" as a platform so I'd imagine it would be better for promoting some kinda skill or passion.
Jun 15, 2021 11:12 AM

Feb 2020
I personally prefer and use Instagram.
It's become a garbage can for tiktoks too anyway, so it's basically tiktok included.

tysm iva-๐Ÿข๐Ÿ’œ

Jun 15, 2021 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
If someone's actually serious about promoting their skill or whatever, I think the best way to do it using those platforms is to first gain a following on TikTok, and then occasionally mention their Instagram and put a link in their profile.

Sometimes I use them, but I use TikTok more than Instagram because there's just more content there.
Jun 15, 2021 11:40 AM

Nov 2020
Instagram to get in touch and communicate with friends and other people but Tiktok is great at growing your platform or your content as you can get really popular there.
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Jun 15, 2021 11:44 AM

Mar 2021
I only use Instagram but sometimes see Tiktok vids on Facebook.
From what I've heard, there's a bigger chance you'd go viral on TikTok if you're just starting out.
Have you considered Youtube? If you're gonna post videos, I think it's best to either use Youtube or Tiktok.
Jun 15, 2021 11:44 AM

Sep 2014
Tiktok for sure! Most people that I know are actually on it and they have a list of creators that they follow, so it's easier to grow a following there.
It's also so easy to consume with the whole short video idea. I easily spend 4+ hours on it when I have a boring day and I'm not doing much. It's very entertaining.
People who think that they are too "elite" for tiktok are just old and refuse to get in with the times. You can also connect your IG to your tiktok so that you gain IG followers faster through it :D
Jun 15, 2021 11:50 AM

Jan 2021
I personally prefer Instagram.
Tik tok is just full of edgy teenagers.
Jun 15, 2021 11:52 AM

Mar 2015
I don't use TikTok. I didn't use Instagram for years either but I recently started using it to look at photos of handsome celebrities lol

Lets say if I want to gain popularity by showing off my classical piano skills, which one should I use or focus on?

I'd say TikTok because it's the hot social media platform right now. Plus I feel like TikTok is geared more towards videos than Instagram (I assume you're making videos showing of your piano skills).
Jun 15, 2021 11:54 AM

Mar 2020
Instgram over tiktok. Tiktok is shit. And while all social media is really, Instagram is actually one the worse side but tiktok particularly bad. Everyone on it is just so annoying with their cringey memes and lipsyncing. There's particularly a problem with joke recylcing, to the point id consider it to be reddit tier bad but it might actually be worse here as they're often using the same audio source so the meme relies on their physical performance. Also, there's straight tiktok, which is awful.

Jun 15, 2021 11:59 AM

May 2021
I use tiktok way more for entertainment but I prefer insta :)

I'm not exactly a person loaded with cool skills,
and dreaming big isn't really my thing.
But, ya know, my latest thing is...
getting myself into the Genius Society!
Ha, I'm so ready to give it a go.

โค๏ธ

Jun 15, 2021 12:06 PM

Jul 2016
idk if i'm just a boomer but i find both really boring tbh
if i had to pick, probably instagram since at least you can find pretty art on it

grouper - no other

0:00 โ—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ 3:46

โ‡†ใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คโ—ใ…คใ…คโšโšใ…คใ…คโ–ทใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คโ†ป๏ปฟ

โžโžโžใ€€purple cause baal is my wife โ™กใ€€โžโžโž
Jun 15, 2021 12:59 PM
Oct 2020
i hate both, but atleast instagram is no chinese psy ops.
Jun 15, 2021 1:04 PM
Oct 2020
I currently use neither, but if I were to choose, it would be instagram just for the film photography stuff.
Jun 15, 2021 1:18 PM

Mar 2020
I don't really like either tbh but I don't have tik tok so, I'll go with Instagram

How can they see the love in our eyes
And still, they don't believe us?
And after all this time
They don't want to believe us

Jun 15, 2021 1:59 PM

Aug 2019
ah i like both so hmm, instagram i guess :p
Jun 15, 2021 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
I don't use either. I don't have anything interesting to post lol, especially when I can only post images on there.
Jun 15, 2021 3:20 PM

May 2021
Instagram. I got into Tik Tok one minute and had to logout since I cant get the content there. Social media is a waste of time anyways, would rather get the highlights of Tik Tok in other places so I don't waste time on cringe content

Jun 15, 2021 4:03 PM

Sep 2020
ayo no one can tell me differen dat indian tiktok was peak tiktok ๐Ÿคท‍โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท‍โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท‍โ™‚๏ธ but dey got banned ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ both r shitty apps dat i would never use but i will go wit instagram cuz der is a lot of hot ladies der ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
Jun 15, 2021 4:37 PM

Mar 2020
Instagram because a lot of good photography content on there, some absolutely beautiful shots.

But Tiktok isn't that bad either, the comedy content is great on there.

I prefer Instagram though.
Jun 15, 2021 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
Instagram I like looking at art and big booty beauties.

Tiktok just full weirdos and underage girls who think they're 25.
Jun 15, 2021 5:08 PM

Apr 2020
Instagram because anything worthwhile on TikTok will just be reposted there anyway.
Jun 15, 2021 9:10 PM

Jan 2020
I can't say I love either but I prefer the latter much more

Jun 15, 2021 9:12 PM

Jan 2020
Instagram.

At the end of the day, half of the tiktok content gets shared to Instagram, so might as well just use instagram.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jun 15, 2021 9:20 PM

Oct 2020
None, because I don't use both platforms

โ˜
Jun 15, 2021 9:28 PM

Apr 2020
I never use those two but if I got to use one of them then I'd rather use Instagram.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2021 9:33 PM

May 2013
Yeah as if you can pick a website and promote yourself. I think Motzart had the same issue lol.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jun 15, 2021 10:05 PM
Jan 2020
I think it's easier to go viral on TikTok. If your content is good people will be directed to you because while Instagram is network-based, TikTok is super content-oriented. On Instagram, you'll mostly see posts from people that you know/mutuals, while on TikTok you primarily see videos made by strangers.
Jun 15, 2021 10:16 PM

Oct 2015
I use instagram to look for cosplay photos, and douyin to look at cosplay videos. Honestly I don't know which one I prefer.
Jun 15, 2021 10:19 PM

Jun 2021
I honestly hate both, but I do prefer tiktok over instagram. There's a ton of useful videos and tips if you get in the right areas.

I'd say to show off your piano skills on tiktok. If you do a really good cover of a popular song that sounds dramatic, it's more likely to become a viral sound among readers and people who write out POVs.
Jun 18, 2021 7:22 PM
็ฉ‚ไนƒๆžœใฏ็ฅž

Oct 2015
Ajax and Draino are quite preferable options, in my opinion.

honest answer is Instagram, I still don't like it that much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2021 6:48 AM

Dec 2016
I use both but if you want to get popular quickly use TikTok
ํ•œ ๋ฒˆ๋งŒ ์‚ด์ง€๋งŒ ์ œ๋Œ€๋กœ ํ•˜๋ฉด ํ•œ ๋ฒˆ์ด๋ฉด ์ถฉ๋ถ„ํ•ด์š”
Jun 19, 2021 7:49 AM

Oct 2015
Tiktok is the way to go if you want to become famous
Jun 19, 2021 1:13 PM

Dec 2019
Neither are my cup of tea at all, especially the type of people who use them. Though if I had to choose one it would be Instagram because I actually have an account and use it albeit infrequently.
I don't use (nor will I ever in my life) tiktok but from the looks of it I think it's a good place to promote your skill and service. I mean, if people can get famous on there by doing cringe trendy dances then surely it's possible to get famous on there doing other things such as showing off your classical piano skills. People love good music, so I think there's a good chance of you gaining a large audience very quickly on there.
I use Instagram but like I said above I don't use it very often and I find it rather difficult to promote my skill or gain popularity, though it may be because my art sucks ass and because I post like once every few months. But that's just me. Adding tags to your posts and posting high quality work at a constant rate is sure to get you somewhere at some point. My sister does this and she has almost 1k followers through making art. I'm sure you can make it to that number as well.
Jun 19, 2021 5:21 PM

Jun 2015
i only use instagram to follow artists i like, meanwhile tiktok is mostly for just quick entertainment i guess, so my personal use of both makes them too different to compare.

regarding your example question, tiktok is insanely more popular as of rn so it's way easier to find an audience, and there's a niche for everything including musicians showing off their skills, so i think that would be the appropriate platform

I AM THE ONE CALLED POWER!
ANIME LIST  ๐Ÿฉธ MANGA LIST  ๐Ÿฉธ CARDS  ๐Ÿฉธ CHALLENGES 
How foolish and conceited these humans be... 

Jun 19, 2021 5:24 PM

Dec 2016
I'll never get the appeal and popularity of Instagram. It's literally the same shit as Facebook, just with fewer features and a shittier layout.
Jun 21, 2021 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
Never mind me but tik tok is a weird app to me, I literally hate that app, peoples are doing stupid things there...

I also don't like any other social media apps excluding discord but still Instagram is far way better than tik tok at least maybe peoples are not doing stupid things there
Jun 21, 2021 1:16 AM

Aug 2018
If I were to choose, it’d be a gun to the head
Jun 21, 2021 1:20 AM

Aug 2010
Instagram. It's much more useful for stuff I am doing there - bookstagram and now mangagram. With invention of reels I see no need to go to Tik Tok. Intsta also has a good messenger option for groups which I use way more often than FB messenger now.
Jun 21, 2021 1:45 AM

May 2020
I rarely use Instagram, doesn't entertaining to me. I watch Tiktok because I can find interesting videos. I'm not watching trash, rather facts, or space vdeos.
Jun 21, 2021 2:29 AM

Nov 2020
I like Insta more as the comments in a particular posts seems genuine and many times funny as hell whereas TikTok's comment section is just filled of Wonderful MAM or Big Fan sir. Also Insta have many Dank meme pages so that's a big W for me.

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
Jun 27, 2021 4:52 PM
Dec 2017
both are perfect if you wanna get cancer.

Jun 27, 2021 4:55 PM

Mar 2018
Instagram is so much better bruh. Tik Tok is the corniest shit.
Jun 27, 2021 6:10 PM

Apr 2021
I've always, and will always, use Instagram > TikTok. I just never could get used to the platform.

It depends on the skill/service you're offering. I would use Instagram if it was more on the professional side - like opening a store, promoting a business, etc.

In your case - showing off your piano skills - I think it would go around easier and gain more visibility on TikTok. Good luck buddy! Playing the piano is an amazing talent x

๐’ฟ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐“๐’พ๐“€๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“ˆ๐“…๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น

.ใƒปใ‚œใ‚œใƒปใ€€ ๆ˜ฅใฎ้ขจใฎใ‚ˆใ†ใซใ€€ใƒปใ‚œใ‚œใƒป๏ผŽ

Jun 27, 2021 6:12 PM

Jun 2019
I don't use Tik Tok, so I can't say much.

When it comes to instagram, I only use it to dm people or follow my friends

Sep 13, 2021 5:35 PM

Aug 2020
Tik tok, It's actually not that bad as i thought and it's really addicting, I just love funny/relatable content to watch. and you just never get bored from scrolling.
the reason why i didn't choose instagram is because i never use it, it's extremely boring and useless to use for me. I don't post things on there and don't see why i should. instagram is like the most useless social media app ever imo

♥๏ธ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ♥๏ธ

“๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช, ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ.” – ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช

Sep 13, 2021 5:42 PM

Mar 2021
TikTok isn't that bad, tbh; however, I can definitely go without it. Instagram is cool, though, but I don't post/comment super often.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Sep 13, 2021 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
Neither. Instagram, if I really had to choose. Watching teenage girls dance to trendy songs in their bedrooms isn't exactly my idea of entertainment. Plus, I'd rather sell my soul to my homie Zuckerberg than to the chinese, korean or whoever the fuck runs tiktok.
Sep 13, 2021 8:29 PM

Jul 2020
Tiktok.... (Insert pepebarf), i will never like tiktok. So ill go with Instagram.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is hating on Japan cool on the internet? ( 1 2 )

Ahegyao - Apr 16, 2020

73 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
2 minutes ago

» Which continent or country has the most appealing "everything"?

IpreferEcchi - 4 hours ago

8 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

83 by Marids_Gift »»
5 minutes ago

» are nukes are the reason ww3 didn't started?

Cielord - 3 hours ago

9 by Zettaiken »»
13 minutes ago

» do you still live with your parents? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 29

50 by rohan121 »»
15 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.