Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2021 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Mashiro is friendly but kinda odd. I see Shoutarou is still adapting with his new lifestyle but happy to see him following his dreams.

Looks like some of the other club members are getting to know each other, although there's some comical rivalry between a few. Tbh. Mashiro is the character I'm more interested in knowing. He just seems more mysterious than the others and has a lot of talent.
Apr 22, 2021 11:44 AM
Sep 2015
I ship our captain with captain of rival school, they almost kiss when they argue! They're also both power type. They'd make a very loud noise on the bed...

But the rival school also reminds me of Skate Leading Stars where first year white hair prodigy boy is the real MVP of the rival team.
Apr 22, 2021 11:54 AM

Oct 2017
Introduction of a new rival school also named after a color... first ao (blue) and now shiro (white). i wonder if there's any symbolism to that. with this comes the introduction of new characters, including mashiro (again with the colors), who seems to get along well with our MC futaba. speaking of which, futaba finally pulls off a handstand, which is super awesome. can't wait for the next episode, it looks like we'll be seeing more of the training camp!
Apr 22, 2021 12:03 PM

Oct 2019
Oh man, that Shiro high's captain is packing some real nice cake... Or, uhhhh, I mean, that girl manager is a real cutie, right?!
Apr 22, 2021 12:05 PM

Nov 2016
Looking good, but the story is lacking soul. Rather gonna try something like Ganbarist Shun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 22, 2021 12:08 PM

Apr 2009
MC really needs a better personality or motivation than "I really love my Senpais"

I mean he's cute and everything, but the script could try a bit harder.

Apr 22, 2021 12:24 PM

May 2012
Okay..i don't like the cg at all but wow, I am just all in for the all star studded VA casts!

Of course we need some little rivalry and competition so nice set up for the rival school. I just hope though that they will not use cg that much in the future with the actual performance since it's kind of unpleasant to look at.

But looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 22, 2021 12:55 PM

Mar 2016
The other school has alternate versions of our team members. lol

Cute boy appears! Yayy! And his name is beautiful. Tsukiyuki. Moon snow.

This anime has characters wearing clothes made of multiple kinds of fabrics, and all of those fabrics behave differently when the characters are moving. I just love that! Normally, most characters wear clothes made of similar materials, so everyone's clothes behave sort of similar to one another.

The way they show Futaba's emotions!! AH! That is just so beautiful!!

It was so cute when Futaba and Tsukiyuki were playing together. When I adopt Futaba, I think I should adopt Tsukiyuki too. lol

Who was that girl with Misato? Last episode, I was coming up with all sorts of depressing theories about him. Was I wrong, completely?

And, um, I think I have a polyamorous ship. haha Futaba and Misato and Tsukiyuki.
Apr 22, 2021 1:23 PM
Nov 2020
I absolutely loved this episode. like I thought it was super cool and amazing of the white haired character (mashiro I think) was playing tag and did all those wild tricks, I mean I assume that that's not too feasible in reality but eh it's anime I'll let it pass. I also loved the two captains squaring off but that they're essentially the same lol. I'm so excited this show just keeps intriguing me, I don't even like gymnastics and I vibe with this. esp when they all went shopping, watari is so funny. I guess I'm just over here simping but honestly it's just an adorable show and even on a sport that I really don't care for I'm tied in. It's just the right amount of sweet and the right amount of funny. I wanna see more of the senpais interact tho. I'm excited
Apr 22, 2021 1:46 PM

Aug 2008
Another really enjoyable episode. I thought the animation for the performance at the end was really good. Especially when I compare it to the performance in the first episode. And there are plenty of fun bits. Really enjoy the "my wife says" bits. I was waiting for another one and immediately rewarded at the beginning of the episode. xD
Apr 22, 2021 2:17 PM
Mar 2020
Such a good episode, we learned something about the boys'interests, finally Misato's story was kinda introduced, Mashiro looks like a really interesting character, didn't expect him to be so kind to Shoutarou and his broken phone screen really matches his energy, loved the visuals in a lot of scenes, the one where Shoutarou sees Mashiro do the handstand gave me chills and the ost was pretty great too. Didn't think I would've enjoyed it so much but I'm looking forward to see what else this anime wants to show me (sorry for my bad grammar :/..)
Apr 22, 2021 5:29 PM

Oct 2009
Such a WHOLESOME episode, mostly thanks to Mashiro, I suppose, but still - it's just not what I'd expect with a rival school showing up. Some cool locations and silly shenanigans too, and then that music at the end for the demonstration! That was on a whole other level. Absolutely loved it all. And DAMN, Misato looks good in his casual clothes.
Apr 22, 2021 7:33 PM

Oct 2008
did Ryouya not apply for Shiro high because he has a competition rivalry with the champ Mashiro who is first and he is just 2nd...?
5/5.

Apr 22, 2021 8:25 PM

Dec 2020
nice ep ! mc needs some more personality tho, literally everyone besides him has a more fun personality. he's not Bad, hes cute he tries hard, etc but i feel like anyone can just replace him as a main character. but he's kind of like a genius, being able to do moves when he sees other people doing it so when he aces shit thats when he'll become cooler ig. characters are very likeable and the animation is good but the story isn't very interesting so i hope it'll get better
Apr 22, 2021 9:00 PM
Oct 2020
Ono Daisuke is an amazing voice actor. Here are just a few of his voices
(Erwin from AoT), (Kujo Jotaro from JoJo) and (The red-hair dude from Bakuten!)
Apr 22, 2021 9:10 PM

Jul 2017
Like Watari, I'm so geared to see more rhythmic performances, but like Futaba, I hope that his character will be able to grow more from just being the typical "sucked into the sport" MC.

The typical training camp for improvement, and just so happens that Ao High has finally a 6-men team. The Senpais are still fun to watch with their goof and banter, and the shopping trip is evident of each of their fervent likes and flavours.

Mashiro is an odd one, though his gymnastics techniques you could tell is top-class, and trying to teach Futaba some technicalities and handstands while playing mass tag with kids is nice.

The Shiro High team with alternate characters and same character personalities, looks like we're in for some literal backflips. Everyone knows each other, and let the training camp commence with differing standards.
Apr 22, 2021 10:19 PM

Jun 2019
Another good episode. Shotaro is trying really hard to catch up with everyone. I love all the Senpais. Even the guys from the rival team are funny especially their captain. That Mashiro guy is nice. Shiro high is a whole vibe, every member seems so nice.
Apr 22, 2021 11:30 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yo finally they introduced the rival school which is the good timing to expand the story telling. The va of them clearly recognizable, so its simply attaching even in these first introduction. I mean its pretty obvious, but still good enough to mention here. Lol.

Futaba also get some nice lesson from Mashiro, which also already know from the beginning of the series whose him. Well, in summary, the circle of them is so close until i don't remember if they were all in the exact opposite right about now. How simple. Even i can already understand the cause between Misato separation with Mashiro. More challenge, more victory to beat his eternal rival. At the end, that thing is so good to let Futaba got the lesson he needed to spread his potential to even more than before.

Handstand done. Lets begin the training camp!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 23, 2021 3:26 AM

Jun 2020
Bakuten is PERFECT. Another amazing episode that delivers. Direction, art, OST are so immersive as always. Those upside down shots are so good.

Mashiro is so cute!!!! I love his character design especially his drugged-out eyes lolllol. That was so cute when he did the 3-legged with Futaba, I was smiling. The art was so good when Futaba was in awe of him.

Definitely a hit for me this season. I love it. Full of charm for something that could be very simplistic.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 23, 2021 6:46 AM

Oct 2016
Enjoying this show a lot, that was a really good episode. It was really wholesome, Mashiro is adorable as hell. Hopefully the show keeps up this production quality cause damn, it looks really fucking good. Shotaro is definitely too pure for this world though, the scene where Mashiro showed him the handstand and then he proceeds to do the handstand as well was beautiful. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 23, 2021 12:49 PM

Mar 2017
Damn, Ao High has got some serious competition! Shiro High is already so in sync and flows together well in their routine even though they have a couple of first years. Ao High's biggest hurdle is gonna be getting used to 6 members and getting Shoutaro up to speed.

I'm so impressed by this anime; they've got every element of a great sports anime so far with the beautiful animation, perfect soundtrack, and those characters - it's only ep 3 and I feel like I know them! Looks like they're going with the formula of lovable opponents too.
Apr 23, 2021 3:29 PM

Jan 2021
enjoyed it, It was a fluffy and wholesome episode. Mashiro is a very interesting character hope to see more of him in future eps.
Apr 23, 2021 4:06 PM
Oct 2019
The white haired fella seems like such a sweetheart :) and the rival school sure is interesting. I'm excited to see what'll happen between Ao and Shiro High and how things will play out between Misato/Futaba and,,,the white haired guy who's name I can't remember.

Also god damn it now I ship Misato and Mr White Hair-
Apr 23, 2021 8:02 PM

Jul 2016
White-haired Hinata appeared and he's a total cutie! His laugh is so contagious too.

Another fantastic episode. Characters and motivations may seem generic so far but the show's dedicated direction surely is making up for them. Not to mention that the overall execution has already shown to have way more passion and charm than all the spokon anime from the previous winter season.
Apr 24, 2021 1:27 AM

Nov 2013
mashiro reminds me a lot of juuzou from TG I can't wait to see more of him
also I'm proud of my baby learning the headstand
and why was misato embarrassed to be with his I suppose sister??
Apr 24, 2021 11:56 AM
Feb 2021
As far as the story goes... i hope shotaro will get a good character development....i watched quite a lot of sport series....kuroko no basket is one of my favourites...i kinds found kuroko's character development in shotaro though they are on different plots...still i am just talking about their developments style only
Apr 24, 2021 12:45 PM
Oct 2020
Cute episode overall .

I liked the introduction of the new rival-white haired boy. He was literally jumping to anywhere he wants. He is damn good at it !

I hope they can build up the rivalry with the intro of the new team/teams even?

looking forward to the next ep.
Apr 24, 2021 1:05 PM

Nov 2013
shiro is actually very kawai lol

someone dropped the anime in ep 1 saying "man doing backflips is not interesting", i have to disagree, that's very fun to watch :D i'd probably prefer if it was made with girls instead, but sometimes a male sports anime is also interesting to watch
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 24, 2021 8:28 PM

Jan 2020
That lively Mashiro dude is the cutest thing ever, probably my favorite character of the show. I love the choreographies and the direction, it's fluid and smooth. It also feels very dreamy. The writing is average, but it's a fun show to watch. It gives me so much joy.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 25, 2021 7:18 AM

Jul 2015
I wonder if the idols Onagawa likes were supposed to be a reference to Wake Up Girls, being in Sendai and all.

Anyway, I liked this episode quite a bit more than the previous ones. It's very generic spokon stuff, but the presentation and direction is very, very nice.
Apr 28, 2021 10:06 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was fun to watch than the previous one.

The ost in this episode was nice. And Mashiro is a really likeable character.

I wonder if that was Misato's gf or sister.

Futaba is so far behind, can he pull it off in such a short period of time....

Jun 17, 2021 12:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow the other club has Kuga from World Trigger and Gin from Bleach!
Apr 30, 2022 8:32 AM

May 2020
And the rivals arrive, putting out an absolute masterpiece of a performance (or so its shown to be but it didn't really have an impact on me, since it was cut up so much and didn't flow really well, unlike the performance in Ep 1).

The rivals don't seem to be complete assholes for the sake of being assholes, so that's pretty good. There's some interesting character interactions to be had with this group.
May 14, 2022 1:15 AM

Dec 2013
Damn, I can't stop watching this is good! I can't help but yo laugh at Onagawa's lame nicknames lol. And I find this part really funny

Mashiro is surprisingly nice for showing/teaching Futaba how to do handstand.

Misato getting embarrassed is really cute lol

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Sep 17, 7:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
more "friends" appears, the rivals!!!!
kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2021

39 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 19, 12:48 AM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2021

31 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 19, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2021

35 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 18, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

34 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 18, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Bakuten!! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2021

24 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 18, 4:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.