Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2021 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Due to a change in broadcast programming, episode aired 31 mins later than usual:
https://twitter.com/5Hanayome_anime/status/1369227108803772417

Well...they aren't sure gonna leave the handsome Takeda behind as the space for the tutor's rival of the Nakano quintuplets (though the speculation (and confirmation) that Takeda is linked to Dr. Nakano came late). But with Fuutarou having the same over-stressed load of having to manage all 5 sisters while carving his own exam mentality in the water, man does he have it rough and tough as the mediocre idiot who can STILL ace the mock exam.

With the way things are, all 5 sisters preparing for Fuutarou's birthday is quickly drowning in sight, and don't mention about getting their confession to Fuutarou in a first-come, first-serve manner (though Nino just did episodes prior). NGL, the 5 paper cranes each indicating each and every sister's hard work for the mock exams, it's these symbolisms that I truly love (other than that one sister who suggested it in the first place).

The Sisters' War arc in the final 2 episodes will truly push each and every Nakano quintuplet to their absolute thinking hats...and Nino's declaration of love and war is only just the beginning in regards to the school trip, but too bad Fuutarou went with the "Bros before hoes" route instead.

KANLen09Mar 11, 2021 1:36 PM
Mar 11, 2021 10:01 AM

Oct 2017
The birthday present part was funny but sweet took. Ichika's pushing it really hard and playing it dirty too but the other quints won't stop either XD. Nino's on full offensive and she doesn't listen to what the others have to say. I love her straightforwardness.

Yotsuba part was just sweet. She's such a selfless and great girl. She always thinks of her sisters first to the point she doesn't even know what she wants herself. She was even ready to be alone so that the other quints get to be with Fuutarou, that scene was really touching.
KANLen09 said:
You mean the fans of other quints will be uneasy?
MegamiRemMar 19, 2021 4:52 AM
Mar 11, 2021 10:07 AM

Jul 2017
MegamiRem said:
KANLen09 said:
You mean the fans of other quints will be uneasy?

But fingers crossed for which the anime could produce a different scenario instead (which I'm highly betting on).
Mar 11, 2021 10:22 AM
Nov 2020
Ichika making me act up about every time she's on screen
Mar 11, 2021 10:42 AM

Sep 2015
We finally got the best scene animated ☘️💚

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Mar 11, 2021 10:42 AM
Jun 2020
KANLen09 said:

Idrc if they change up who fuutaro marries but they just need to give the last 3-4 arcs a proper ending that Negi wasn't able to give out due to some of his personal reasons but I also think that they shouldn't change who he marries bc an author's story should be respected. Just if they changed the pacing of the last arcs would be enough to satisfy maximum audience I feel
Albaab19Mar 11, 2021 10:45 AM
Mar 11, 2021 10:51 AM

May 2018
Finally Yotsuba got some screentime.I am happy she got most screen time in this episode as I felt she had the least screen time. However, Ichika is dropping fast like a rocket.I thought maybe she will regret what she has done in the previous episode but no sign of that. Nothing worse than getting in Miku's way because she does not want Miku and Fu-Kun know the truth.

To be honest, I was acutally happy when I saw Nino with a birthday present and comfronted Ichika about the spring vacation scene. I also like Nino does turn up the temperature and already is aware of other girls (Miku) has a crush on Fu-kun. I didnt expect Nino to do a pout lol

Miku: In her work uniform, is DAMN cute. I love how she is always trying her best. I don't mind tasting her burnt croissant.

I can't wait when Miku finds out about Ichika's disguise and she hasn't seen the yandere side of Miku. BEHOLD!!!
Guess Nino will be experiencing Miku's Yandere form ^_^

The ending was funny but at the same time I think it is a fair choice since one of the sisters would be left out and that would be unfair. Well I dont mind if
gets left out *shrugs*

The sister picture LMAO, no1 is acutally smiling haha

Current ranking:

1. Miku
2.Nino
3.Itsuki
4. Yotsuba
5. Raiha
6.--------
-Miku_Meister-Mar 11, 2021 2:20 PM

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 11, 2021 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
oh wow this was uquite interesting and fun episode as usual, i guess its pretty much confirmed that yotsuba likes fuutarou too now, well thats 4/5. tbh i think itsuki is the most interesting quintuplet to me since she doesn't just fall in love with fuutaro, nino is my pick for best girl though.
Mar 11, 2021 11:24 AM
Apr 2020
Atleast we know Fuu-kun's poppy love was Itsuki XD
Mar 11, 2021 12:52 PM
Oct 2020
karben001 said:
Atleast we know Fuu-kun's poppy love was Itsuki XD
Not even. Do not believe what comes right away. I just say that.
Mar 11, 2021 1:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They keep on reshuffling stuff around from the source material but I'm hoping it's for the best. This way maybe the ending feels less contrived than in the source material.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 11, 2021 1:32 PM
May 2020
It took up until episode 10 to get yotsuba development, I doubt they're gonna wrap this up tbh we will probably get a pick your own or read the manga ending at this stage
Mar 11, 2021 1:45 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Being pursued by the heels chaser lol what a development. Ensuring that the sisters reach the top ten of the mock exams really is quite the bold aspiration. Ichika's greatest rival though isn't Miku but the far more formidable Nino. Itsuki sure looked cute when she was trying to not show Futaro how nervous she was. Sometimes the simple things can end up being the most beautiful. That moment within the park with Futaro and Yotsuba though sure was nice. Its nice to see her finally get some time alone with Futaro. Overall an entertaining ep that did well in showing how Ichika and Nino's escalating fight for Futaro is going while also giving a rare opportunity to see Yotsuba's increasing feelings for Futaro show as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2021 1:51 PM

Jan 2021
As we expected, at the end everyone gave him a gift hahah
How many times do I have to say that Futuro’s sister is so fucking cute 😌
I was waiting this chapter because of Yotauba and Futaro's date ,and I’m not disappointed.
Quintuplets, of course, always have to be together (´ ε ` )♡
Mar 11, 2021 1:51 PM
May 2017
For some reason they bring up a chapter that was supposed to be adapted in the earlier eps.

Mar 11, 2021 1:54 PM
Nov 2019
Tbh Yostuba jumped a lot of positions being so selfless this episode, I legit felt bad about her.

With this episode, I guess Rena is Itsuki? Guess we will find out soon
Mar 11, 2021 1:54 PM

Apr 2020
Wow, I guess all the quintuplets has fallen for Fuutarou now, and I’m pretty sure that Yotsuba has fallen for him too in this episode. I’m wondering if a Harem war will happened in the next episode, since the next episode will be called “Sisters War”. Overall I really love this episode, I enjoy every episode from season 2 so far. I’m looking forward to episode 11.
Nina supporter for life💕
Mar 11, 2021 2:01 PM

Sep 2019
I can see now why Futaro choose
as his bride lol, It kinda make sense

"俺は海賊王になる男だ!!!"
Mar 11, 2021 2:01 PM
Nov 2019
So unless there's two copies of that picture - Itsuki is confirmed as pretending to be Rena in the boating lake scene....

Nino is being far too pushy which is a complete turn off.

And the Snake has got the picture, so will she put 2 & 2 together?
Mar 11, 2021 2:06 PM

Jul 2020
So that Takeda Yusuke guy was their father'ss spy all along.
Takeda seems like a new friend to Fuutarou although his motives are still questionable.
That box of cloths from Itsuki was suspicious, definitely a hint.
Mar 11, 2021 2:08 PM

Apr 2020
Woah the pacing went a bit fast this episode, which means a lot of things happened. After a challenge from Yusuke, Futaro struggled but passed the mock exams, placing him at 3rd nationally. This also happened at his birthday, with him getting some paper cranes from the quintuplets.

But dear Lord, the sisters are starting to make their skirmishes heard with one another as all of them fight for Futaro's attention and care in his birthday and for the school trip. Ichika...are we really doing this girl? Are we really fucking acknowledging how you turned into an antagonistic archetype just to win this fight? NOOOOOO. Nino is TOO upfront on getting Futaro, even almost pissing it out to her other quints. Miku is too weak to do shit, and Itsuki (my first ever fav) is too patient to make a move, still holding it out for the future

And yes ladies and gentlemen, in my opinion, this episode and my pick for best girl now belongs to Yotsuba. After all the girls have been liked and praised, it only took me now to like what Yotsuba is. And after episodes of staying cheery and viewing from the sidelines, she easily swept in and took my heart in a sweet and lovely scene in the park.

As the episode ends, Futaro opted to join the bois as his company in the school trip, leaving the girls no choice but to stick with each other. And as Yotsuba said before the ED plays, "this is awkward", oh yes it is and not just awkward, it might blow into a full-fledged Sister Wars!
raiderublazeMar 11, 2021 2:13 PM
Mar 11, 2021 2:08 PM
Feb 2021
I despise Ichika in this episode but this was nice for Yotsuba.
Mar 11, 2021 2:35 PM
Jan 2021
best girls
1. Nino
2. Yotsuba
3. Miku
4. Itsuki
5 usus sis

ichka ain't even on the list I used to be an ichka stand but she just became so disappointing. she a snake now
I hate her with a passion, cmon dog you cant be back stabin yo own blood in the back like that.
wouldn't be mad if they had truck- kun come and dispose of her
Mar 11, 2021 2:39 PM
May 2020
I wish the anime had an original ending just to keep things more interesting. Anyway I like the quints!
Mar 11, 2021 2:44 PM

Jul 2015
Ichika is playing dirty. She has truly fallen in my eyes.

Mar 11, 2021 2:57 PM

Jan 2016
Nino stock: 🚀🚀🚀
Yotsuba stock: 📈
Miku stock: 📈
Istuki stock: 📈
Ichika stock: 📉
"hes too slow i dont know how hot has his processor but i put some death grips on it and its getting loud its getting lit"
Mar 11, 2021 2:58 PM
Sep 2020
Nino was worst girl for me in season 1 and now she's the one I'm rooting for lmao
Mar 11, 2021 2:59 PM

Nov 2017
Yotsuba and Itsuki best girls.

plz @ me
Mar 11, 2021 2:59 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Got some pretty good kawaii moments in yuru camp today, but I'm just gonna say that upside-down uesegi-kun was the best thing I've seen all day. Now yotsuba is my least favorite but dammit she's just so wholesome that you can't deny she's the most deserving of fuutaro. Glad she got a moment in this episode, they've cut out a handful of her scenes so far so it's good that she finally got her first scene alone with fuutaro in a while.

The irony. Ichika has become pretty selfish, is still playing dirty kind of, and has even looked down on yotsuba in a way. She asked for yotsuba to be in the group with herself and fuutaro because (at least how I interpret it) is that yotsuba has no chance (or just doesn't care) with fuuatro so she's like the only "safe" girl to have together in a group, which would leave fuutaro all alone to ichika. While I admire ichika's bold yet dirty tactics, yotsuba being the one to sacrifice her spot so that her other four sisters and their tutor could be together, augh, my hart.

Second best moment in this episode (after upside down uesegi-kun) is miku being jealous of nino calling fuutaro as "fuu-kun". When she repeats it, AAHH KAWAII!!! But yeah hot dam nino is freaking unstoppable and even ichika acknowledges that. Poor miku man, what are you going to do when you have a sister like THAT. So obviously nino and ichika know about each other's feelings about fuutaro, are they aware of miku's as well? I forgot. And I'm assuming they think itsuki and yotsuba are basically on the sidelines and indifferent. I mean yotsuba obviously does but I have no idea where itsuki stands. At least she gave him some energy drink or whatever to stay awake.

Anyway here we once again have a weekly dose of BEST FKING GIRL, SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN

BetaMaleUltraMar 11, 2021 3:47 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 11, 2021 3:04 PM

Mar 2018
It's nice that they've adapted Yotsuba's chapter. But man, they left the best scenes. When buying clothes, Ichika and Miku entered the shop and forced Fuutaro to get in the changing room with Yotsuba. She even changed clothes in front of him!
A detective who uses his deductive powers to corner a suspect and then does nothing to stop them from committing suicide is no better than a murderer himself

- Kudo Shinichi
Mar 11, 2021 3:24 PM
Jul 2020
RIP My hopes for an anime original winner.

Ichika still best girl
Mar 11, 2021 3:24 PM
Jan 2021
Who also hates Ichika now?
Mar 11, 2021 3:34 PM
Jul 2019
This season is a mess...
Its extremely rushed, it doesnt make any sense. Why did they do this like that? Im so dissapointed
Mar 11, 2021 3:47 PM
Feb 2021
Yotsuba is such a sweetheart. She’s definitely moved up in my rankings after this episode
Mar 11, 2021 3:56 PM
Aug 2016
Ichika keeps getting better and better, the Onee-san types are usually the most boring girls in harem manga/anime, but Ichika's contrast between a caring older sister and a sneaky selfish bully makes for the quintessential gap moe.

At last Yotsuba gets her well deserved and much needed screen time, the date with Fuutaro was nice. Ichika tries to use her kindness to make her help with her skims, which puts her in a difficult situation because she also promised to help Miku, so she is forced to sacrifice herself to please all her sisters, which is admirable but I didn't like it, because after she prioritized helping her club-mates over studying for herself, and now this, it only makes it clear that she has a problem for being extremely selfless to an unhealthy degree, she needs to realize that it's ok to look out for herself too.

Nino continue to be an unstoppable train, she declared her love for Fuutaro in front of all her sisters, damn her braveness is just unmatched, Ichika and Yotsuba were trying roundabout methods to set up the groups around Fuutaro but Nino wasn't having it, she told him loud and clear that she wants to be with him ALONE because she LOVES him and that she isn't taking "no" for an answers, seriously she keeps proving her self as best girl every passing episode.
Mar 11, 2021 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
Wasn't Miko the one who wanted to call Futaro FuKun? Did Nino unknowingly beat her to it or was it intentional?

The Nino train can't be stoped.
It can't be bought, bullied, negotiated and reasoned with.
Janethan23Mar 11, 2021 4:06 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 11, 2021 4:14 PM
Jan 2021
Only one thing, Too fast-paced.
Mar 11, 2021 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
fuutarou in third place really surprised, itchika already had in mind the gift of fuutarou.
Mar 11, 2021 4:17 PM

Jun 2019
More of a breather episode which is fine with me.

It focused on setting up more unrest between the girls and establishing the school trip as the playground for the climax of the season.

Ichika continues to be a snake, but I can’t hate her for it because I understand why. Yotsuba is starting to shoot up my board because she genuinely cares about Futaro’s happiness and often knows what he needs the most.

It looks like Itsuki was the girl pretending to be Rena, likely meaning she is the one in the picture.
Mar 11, 2021 4:23 PM
Feb 2016
Okay after this episode Ichika is definitely worst girl
Mar 11, 2021 4:25 PM

Jan 2019
Takeda's screen time got reduced in favour of some screen time for Yotsuba. Which I'm fine with since he's not really important anyway, and it gives some nice characterization for her. I'm hoping the Sisters' War arc is evenly paced with only 2 episodes left.

Anyway, Nino still be girl.
misaka-9982Mar 11, 2021 5:07 PM
Mar 11, 2021 4:25 PM
Sep 2018
Are they completely trying to remove the dad from the anime? Like I didn't feel that part with the tutor change and Fuutarou declaring he would get top 10 had to be changed. But kinda takes away from the scene to be honest. The whole getting 3rd in the nation was supposed to be really built up and a big deal, but it felt kinda pointless when barely a couple minutes was put into it.

AND HOW DID THEY MISS THE ALMIGHTY "Fuutarou only got 3rd place because he literally fell asleep for the last few questions on the last exam"

I also feel that the pacing in general has been REALLY FAST lately. Like the cuts from scene to scene are almost instantaneous, they barely give any pauses to digest, and are really trying to speedrun the story
tzyhaMar 11, 2021 5:24 PM
Mar 11, 2021 4:33 PM

Jan 2018
I am a Miku guy, but Nino just keeps gaining ground. Honestly, either one can be best girl. Really like them both. Yotsuba gets some ground now too. She has no ill intentions for anyone. This leads us to her polar opposite, Ichika, who is now dead last. She's kind of the opposite of every one of her sisters good sides. Then there is.... uhm.... whats her name? Oh yeah, Itsuki. She's, I dunno, being Itsuki. She's not really doing anything.

But yeah..... Ichika sucks.
Mar 11, 2021 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
MF'ers actually did it, they adapted Yotsudate, one of her most crucial parts. Me rn:

Seriously it felt so dirty thinking this was gonna be cut out, outright seriously nerfing a main character, but guess they wanted to leave it for later.
Mar 11, 2021 5:54 PM
Aug 2020
Finally we got one of the best scenes animated and i thought they were gonna skip yotsubas date too. Some more yandere ichika aswell. Anyways, N I N O G A N G W H E R E Y A L L A T ?
Mar 11, 2021 6:11 PM

Jul 2017
Nino's Love Train Moments of this episode :

and one of the key moment that
, because his laugh feels so genuine there. Yotsuba really is so precious.
AikotobaMar 11, 2021 6:21 PM
Mar 11, 2021 6:12 PM
Jun 2020
Why is Tobi from Oregairu in Quintessential now?!?!
Mar 11, 2021 6:30 PM

Nov 2019
i thought the studio will just skip Yotsuba date, I'm so glad to see it

and with the school trip, the sister war is coming

will two episode be enough for this arc?
Elyon_HolicMar 11, 2021 6:34 PM
Mar 11, 2021 6:32 PM

Jan 2011
worst girl continues to be the worst lol
at least Yotsuba has gained some kind of footing in this war shes too kind for her own good

Nino train wont stop cant stop.

this season ending on a trip war again? why do i feel like we might've skipped a bunch to get to this like last time lol
katsu044Mar 11, 2021 6:44 PM
Mar 11, 2021 6:56 PM

Dec 2014
The swing scene with Yotsuba and Fuutaro was adorable, especially her blushing smile. Great stuff.

Miku in her work outfit is really cute.

Go Nino go! Nino train is unstoppable!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 18, 2021

211 by Joshadow »»
Jun 3, 11:31 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

262 by Meriurin »»
May 27, 10:09 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Mar 4, 2021

188 by Meriurin »»
May 27, 12:45 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Feb 25, 2021

188 by Meriurin »»
May 26, 11:28 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

BradyLE__ - Feb 18, 2021

170 by Meriurin »»
May 26, 10:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.