Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 28, 2021 8:57 AM

Nov 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Miku managed to talk some sense into Nino, Nino has also decided to move on and leave the past behind her, she even cut her hair to mark a new fresh start. Yotsuba's problem with the track club was also solved thanks to Nino's intervention, and that face she made when she was talking to the club prez was hella hot.

A lot happens in this one episode, surprised they could fit this many events in one ep. It felt a bit rushed tbh, but still enjoyed it.

Nino looks amazing with short hair, sasuga best girl she looks good no matter the hair style. Also, Nino trying to deny her feelings after Fuu saved her was precious. This should be the final episode of the seven goodbyes arc, looking forward to the next episode, need me more of Nino.

#NinoGang
Jan 28, 2021 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Ooh, an episode focused more on Yotsuba. How interesting. And not only that, we got to see some of the track and field club. She has so much energy in this show.

I like all the girls works together to deal with their problem this episode rather than bickering. Looks like there are once again flashbacks of the mystery girl. How sweet that all the girls jumped into the water to show their feelings for Fuutarou.

Jan 28, 2021 10:02 AM
Jan 2021
miku is my wifu don't take wtf
Jan 28, 2021 10:26 AM

Mar 2019
To be honest, never expected so much plot in one episode...from Yotsuba leaving the club until their new apartment...it happened so fast..but they are happy together in the end which is the most important thing

Sayonara Rena

Jan 28, 2021 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
wow this episode was such a ride... feel kinda bad that yotsuba got forced to leave the basketball club, but i guess you have to sacrifice one thing to get another sometimes. nino cutting her hair really surprised me and i liked her look with long her better but medium length looks cute too so i'm fine with it. i was glad the sisters finally made up and then fuutaro resigned and shit got pretty sad... the ending was really wholesome though and looks like he's coming back so thats great.
Jan 28, 2021 1:39 PM

Jul 2017
Finally the debut of short-haired Nino in the anime 💘, been waiting for this forever. After this her behavior will become better and better, especially towards Fuutarou/
to the point of justification to consider her of being the best girl of the series. Can't wait to so all of it once again, animated.
Jan 28, 2021 1:54 PM
Dec 2020
Best episode so far also miku best girl
Jan 28, 2021 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
Season two has changed my mind about the show, as someone who hasn't read the manga I don't think a single episode of season 1 I thought of a 5/5 or even 4/5, and to me, I definitely think this was a 5/5 episode. We saw tons of development for characters like Nino and the other quintuplets. I hope the rest of the season proceeds like this episode.
May 2017
They skipped Fuu roasting papa Kiryu on the phone conversation
Shingster

Jun 2015
The revelation that Kintaro was actually Futaro in disguise all along really hit Nino hard. Miku and Nino's argument though was amusing. As forging a new path forward goes cutting beloved hair was an excellent way of showing Nino's determination to forge a new path for herself. The girls overall results sure was interesting despite the efforts they put into studying. While the relationship between Futaro and the girls may have been a mixed one the knowledge that he imparted in them sure has helped to change them significantly. The connected messages though was a nice touch and did well to enable the girls to counter their fathers plan with their own creative one. But the end scene where they all jumped in to save Futaro sure was gutsy and did well to show just how much Futaro meant to them all. As a new year approaches looks like a new path for them all has opened up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2021 1:59 PM

May 2020
This episode honestly is the best so far!

Mini roller coaster, loved it.
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Jan 28, 2021 2:05 PM

Apr 2020
I really love this episode
This is probably my favourite episode so far.

To be honest I didn’t expect he would quit as a tutor
So I did feel emotional a bit because I wasn’t expecting it
But I really do love the ending too

I’m excited for more episodes ^
Nina supporter for life💕
Jan 28, 2021 2:08 PM
Dec 2019
Reijtaun said:
Season two has changed my mind about the show, as someone who hasn't read the manga I don't think a single episode of season 1 I thought of a 5/5 or even 4/5, and to me, I definitely think this was a 5/5 episode. We saw tons of development for characters like Nino and the other quintuplets. I hope the rest of the season proceeds like this episode.

Oh boy, I tell you this is only the beginning of this series best stretch
Jan 28, 2021 2:08 PM
Nov 2020
Nino fanboy gets an anime adaptation of her haircut and this episode. Nino fanboy loves this episode, this season and this anime
Jan 28, 2021 2:13 PM

Mar 2020
Nino looked great with long hair until I saw her with short hair, she looked even better!

Well if Fuutarou cannot go to the Nakano's house the only logical decision the sister's must take is to move in beside Fuutarou.
Jan 28, 2021 2:20 PM

Sep 2020
Its ok all you Anime Only kiddos, we #TeamNino chads will still take you in from your generic Miku and Itsuki ships. Always room for more ^_^

All jokes aside, such a great episode, at first I wasn't sure if I liked the new animation studio's job on the series, but I feel like with more and more episodes of season 2 premiering its really starting to be the superior season.
Jan 28, 2021 2:23 PM

May 2016
Nino lately been having so much screen time, and I seriously enjoy it.

Also that mansion started to look so boring glad they went for a cheap alter.
Jan 28, 2021 2:23 PM
Dec 2019
Our favorite Quintuplets are back with a fabulous episode. This episode was fantastic, so many things happened like Nino and Itsuki finally reconciling, Nino cutting her hair, Futarou almost giving up on tutoring them, the girls moving to another place thanks to Ichika's allowance.

My favorite part about this episode was how the girls inmediately missed Futarou when they were told that he wouldn't tutor them anymore, all of them demonstrated that they need and want him tutoring them, they have made progress academically since he started tutoring them.

Also Nino was cute, it seems that she'll start being likeable and let that hateful persona that she was showing behind, i'm happy.
Jan 28, 2021 2:28 PM
Nov 2014
Nobody froze to death? Really?
Guess we are gonna get some group-bath-futaro-dont-look-you-hentai action early next ep :p
Jan 28, 2021 2:29 PM

Feb 2017
Everything was great 'till the fuutaro resign bullsh*t ....after that this episode felt rushed AF.... that alone for me started tu ruin what was otherwise a great season.
Jan 28, 2021 2:31 PM

Jun 2019
Idk, this season just isn’t doing it for me compared to the first season. I’m not sure if it is because I have watched a lot more anime since then or if there has been a drop in quality. I don’t like the girls’ eyes this season, they are too soulless and uncanny even for anime standards. I also think that the Nino conflict was resolved too easily. I felt that the conflict was contrived from the start, so the resolution did not change my stance on it.
Jan 28, 2021 2:37 PM

Sep 2019
short hair on Nino looks pretty good...
Jan 28, 2021 2:38 PM

Sep 2019
Yeah, they tried to fit too many events in this episode. It felt really rushed. Anyways, Nino was cute as always.
Jan 28, 2021 2:49 PM
Mar 2020
So far this epsode was the best regardless of skkiped scenes miku had her screen time like always she is still the best
Jan 28, 2021 3:16 PM

Oct 2017
Finally short hair Nino, she looks cute. I loved it when she helped Yotsuba say no to the track team, the look on her face was terrifying. Also Yotsuba's reaction was just hilarious.

The second half hit hard in the feels. The quints left their luxurious place so that Fuutarou could keep teaching them and that scene where all of them jumped in to help him was just beautiful.
MegamiRemFeb 4, 2021 4:30 AM
Jan 28, 2021 3:54 PM
Jan 2013
Best episode so far. I read the manga but this episode still make ne chill. Finally we're see Nino in short hair.
Jan 28, 2021 4:03 PM
Dec 2020
Rytakahashi09 said:
They skipped Fuu roasting papa Kiryu on the phone conversation

In the manga him leaving was handled a lot better, kind don’t understand why it was condensed so much bcos it’s a big plot moment, I know they’ll show the call later but regardless it didn’t feel right for this episode
said the lolicon bastard
Jan 28, 2021 4:03 PM

Aug 2018
Lovely episode : when I noticed there wasn't an opening, it instantly hinted me it should be a long & great episode. Turned out it was the case !

Jan 28, 2021 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
Why did this episode feel like a Season finale episode lol
Jan 28, 2021 4:12 PM

Feb 2016
I adore Nino's new hair, suits her so much!
Also can't wait to see new house and what new episodes will bring
Jan 28, 2021 4:12 PM
Jan 2021
I think it was the best epidose done so far, and as a manga reader, I can finally see Nino's beauty with short hair at 360 degrees, wonderful
But guys, trust me the best of this anime is yet to come.
GuzzatoreJan 28, 2021 4:29 PM
Jan 28, 2021 4:27 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
They could've gone the cheap route and have them do well on their exams; yay they did it they got good grades now futaro can keep tutoring them because he did a good job!

But no they fail pretty badly except miku's socials LOL! I'm glad that it is this way though. It's more real, and the feels are more real as well. Although jumping in a river when it's below zero fully clothed and surviving is not very realistic but hey nice way to show that the girls want their man no matter what! Welp that's that character arc finally completed from the start of season 1 till now. All of them, even nino, have accepted that mc-kun is the tutor for them and it is satisfying to see. As someone who isn't exactly fond of this series I must say I am looking forward to whatever follows

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 28, 2021 4:33 PM

Nov 2019
Dammit i was waiting for futario to call out the dad but it never got adapted.
Jan 28, 2021 4:47 PM

Jan 2018
Alright, Nino jumped up to number 2. Still all in on Miku, though (this is supposed to get an anime only ending, right?)
Jan 28, 2021 5:08 PM

Dec 2014
It's a shame Nino cut her long beautiful hair but she does look just as good with her shorter cut so I think I will let it pass this one time.

Great episode on the whole, Nino pretending to be Yotsuba was great and her making up with Itsuki was great too. I love that they both bought tickets to the movie the other wanted to see.

Finally, Nino's heart goes doki-doki. Give me all that dere goodness that's to come.
Jan 28, 2021 5:12 PM

Jun 2016
That was such an incredible ep, I feel like literally so much happened yet it still all fit together perfectly, also Nino is BEST GIRL

Jan 28, 2021 5:26 PM
Feb 2019
#Team Nino. That was good episode, even its a bit rushed. Can't wait to see Nino to make her move to futaro. 5/5
Jan 28, 2021 5:52 PM

Apr 2013
God Nino looks so hot with short hair. It was even better in the manga with this panel.

Jan 28, 2021 5:56 PM
Dec 2019
Loved the development from everyone this episode. Also rip Miku's headphones, those things better have been waterproof. This is probably surprise of the season for me.
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jan 28, 2021 6:28 PM

Jan 2020
Wow I loved this episode. That scene with Futaro at the end was more emotional than I expected and this arc was really good. Lots of character growth and really enjoyable. I'd give this episode a 5/5. Can't wait for next week

Jan 28, 2021 6:44 PM

Mar 2018
Ninoooooo!!!! My queen! Great episode, I'm a manga reader and I'm starting to really enjoy this adaptation after not caring so much for the first 2 eps
Jan 28, 2021 7:30 PM

Aug 2020
Wow this episode was probably the best one so far. I didn’t even know Nino was impersonating Yotsuba that goodly! Cutting her hair means she’s growing and she’s even more beautiful now. I hope her and Fuutarou can understand each other more. OH and when they rented an apartment that was unexpected. It means they’re truly moving forward in life and wanting more of Uuesugi. Concludes 7 Goodbyes arc, I wonder what’s next.
Jan 28, 2021 7:44 PM
Sep 2019
Really great episode, I can definitely see why there were those who felt it was rushed because when you come from the manga, they really packed a lot of plot and development in this one episode, but some thinking that Futarou's resignation was dumb clearly don't understand his character and his motives, I'd suggest reading the few chapters from the manga about that so they can understand better (Seven Goodbyes) but then again, you'll learn more about it later in the series too so just wait and listen.

A really cool touch I noticed was how under the bridge, where the track team was gathering, we see Yotsuba's correct hair color, which was pink, and even Itsuki's hair is pink when she is trying to resign in Yotsuba's place, I'm sure this was just because they were in the shade, but I like to think the animators did this as a little easter egg to show what their actual, manga, hair colors are.
Jan 28, 2021 7:49 PM

Sep 2020
Soupisekaitrash said:
Loved the development from everyone this episode. Also rip Miku's headphones, those things better have been waterproof. This is probably surprise of the season for me.

Haha right!? my first reaction from that scene wasn't "oh what a cute moment, they're all here for Fu-kun" No it was, "well Miku's Beats are F'd" lol
Jan 28, 2021 9:37 PM

Apr 2020
Never thought this anime gonna be so deep .-. I came to laugh and see some harem, not to feel... but I might as well enjoy this anime!
Jan 28, 2021 10:36 PM
Jul 2020
Wow really great episode
Jan 28, 2021 11:08 PM
Jan 2021
F*ck Yotsuba Oohhyeah Vrybest Miku-chan
Jan 28, 2021 11:41 PM

Sep 2018
Nino is one of the few characters who I feel can pull off the short hair look without it looking dumb. I can't wait to see the following episodes - as a Manga reader I know the ride is only just starting! #NinoGang
BenzuxJan 28, 2021 11:46 PM
"Such honors may please a weakling, but I am strong."
"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who are (me), and those who are not."
"The Sorcerer King is Justice and weakness is a sin. All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!"
"Arrivederci."
Jan 28, 2021 11:42 PM

Jan 2015
DarioMugiwara said:
lucianojadur23 said:
I don't know if in the manga it was developed (and how) cos I haven't read it, but I really hope they show us the phone call between Fuutaro and Mr. Nakano in some future episode, just like they dealt with Rena's scene (I mean, they wouldn't have show us the phone screen if it wansn't relevant or if they just wanted to skip that event).
However, besides the plot being more consolidated now, this season is notably improving as it goes in any aspect.
i read the manga SPOILER>>>>> and i hope they adapt the phone call, maybe in the next episode already, it’s so important

If you read next episode title, that won't be the case.
Jan 29, 2021 12:18 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Nino is freaking cute. They weren't lying when they said this season focus more on Nino.
Fuwa_sanJan 29, 2021 12:22 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 21, 2021

144 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:02 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

160 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 2:17 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

221 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 2:14 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

261 by Fershosenpai7w7 »»
May 8, 9:38 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Mar 18, 2021

209 by RiukixD »»
May 5, 5:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.