Forum Settings
Forums

Wouldn't it be nice if real life was like anime?

New
Dec 1, 2020 1:49 PM
Apr 2020
Thinking about my miserable high school life and my failed first love :(

God how I wish it was actually like a high-school romcom

EDIT: People are taking this too seriously, I just want you to say yes and tell me your favorite waifu
ollie-samaDec 1, 2020 3:39 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 1, 2020 1:52 PM

Oct 2019
Not to be rude for I don't know your circumstances
but isn't that a bit childish i get that entertainment is made to let us escape from reality for a bit but its not intended to let us leave forever if you think like that you're going to have a tuff life my friend non of us are anime characters were never to have a reciprocating waifu and we sure the hell arent going to live in an anime world
I see dead people
Dec 1, 2020 1:54 PM

Oct 2010
so your life is basically oregairu, slice of life and high school tags with a hint of romance
Dec 1, 2020 1:55 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Title:

You are watching way too much anime if you start to have that mindset. Snap out of it before it's too late.
Dec 1, 2020 1:56 PM

Sep 2014
Wait for the VR and we can have the best out of these two worlds.
Dec 1, 2020 1:59 PM

Sep 2020
yung_blunt said:

If it was a high-school romcom you would have had a happy ending home slice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 1, 2020 2:04 PM

Jul 2020
i dont know if id want anime to be reality. i guess it just depends on that universe's rules. hey living in pokemon would be. . .cool i guess. it would probably be more dangerous than cool.
I am the handle of my mop
Rags are my body, and detergent is my blood
I have scrubbed over a thousand floors
Unknown to sick leave
Nor known to pay
Have withstood abuse to sweep many
surfaces
Yet those hands will never hold money
So as I clean, Unlimited Maid Works
Dec 1, 2020 2:28 PM
Apr 2020
Chro0oIsAWeeb said:
Not to be rude for I don't know your circumstances
but isn't that a bit childish i get that entertainment is made to let us escape from reality for a bit but its not intended to let us leave forever if you think like that you're going to have a tuff life my friend non of us are anime characters were never to have a reciprocating waifu and we sure the hell arent going to live in an anime world

you are completely right my friend. I don't actually think like that...my thought was just that it would be nice if reality weren't such actual shit that we would constantly have to escape from it.

maybe i'm just being a little bitch and should suck it up...life isn't all that bad but a reciprocating waifu sure would be great
Dec 1, 2020 2:30 PM
Apr 2020
Catalano said:
so your life is basically oregairu, slice of life and high school tags with a hint of romance

lmao you're right...maybe that's why i didn't like oregairu that much because it was too similar to my own, can't be watching cynics as a cynic
Dec 1, 2020 2:33 PM
May 2020
Hoho, you seem having a good life there. It looks like you have romance comedy school genre in your life. Take another experience man. My life has a horror tag in it.
Dec 1, 2020 2:33 PM
Apr 2020
Fario-P said:
Title:

You are watching way too much anime if you start to have that mindset. Snap out of it before it's too late.

what happens when it's too late? maybe i do watch too much but i think we've seen about the same amount, how do u not have this mindset?
Dec 1, 2020 2:35 PM
Apr 2020
AwokenStroken said:
yung_blunt said:

If it was a high-school romcom you would have had a happy ending home slice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

yessir cheers to that

instead i was left with dead dreams and disillusionment lmao
Dec 1, 2020 2:37 PM
Apr 2020
Playay said:
Hoho, you seem having a good life there. It looks like you have romance comedy school genre in your life. Take another experience man. My life has a horror tag in it.

reality or this hypothetical scenario? don't mean to pry
Dec 1, 2020 2:38 PM

Nov 2008
Seriously though, who DOESN'T want to meet your marriage partner for life at age 16? XD

Imagine how much freaking time and aggravation that would save; not going on thousands of dates with total losers who don't respect the word "no".

And not only would you meet the person PERFECT for you at a young age but they'll also be incredibly hot....going by how anime parents look, WELL into their forties, even.

Anyone who'd turn this idea down is batshit crazy.

Dec 1, 2020 2:39 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
yung_blunt said:
Fario-P said:

what happens when it's too late? maybe i do watch too much but i think we've seen about the same amount, how do u not have this mindset?

I am obviously not the person you should be asking about this (since I wouldn't know), but I figure that once it's too late, you just won't want to live anymore since you know that life will never be like anime. In the end, anime is just fiction. Just fiction made out of just shapes that pretend to be people. Get too invested and then real life just starts to feel like nothingness like that. Obviously not a healthy mindset.
But that's just a theory.

I don't have this mindset because I have been dead inside for who knows how long.
Dec 1, 2020 2:41 PM

May 2020
Depends on which world I'm living in if its somewhere like AOT then it sucks
Dec 1, 2020 2:42 PM

Aug 2017
The real VR world is approaching soon, be patient and you too can be the next Kirito.
Dec 1, 2020 2:44 PM

Jan 2016
At first I thought my life was a tragedy... but now I realize it's an anime
This is not your grave...
But you are welcome in it :3

Dec 1, 2020 2:44 PM

May 2020
Imagine being the side character whose life is boring because the writer doesn't care for you
or living in a world with rules of Attack on Titan's world
not very appealing now huh?
Dec 1, 2020 2:47 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
foppy said:
No fuck off reddit fuck off reddit fuck off reddit fuck off reddit fuck off reddit fuck off reddit fuck off reddit fuck off reddit fuck off reddit fuck off reddit fuck off reddit

Hmmm... you know what, guys? Pardon me if I assume something that is truly not the case, but I have a rather good feeling that it is very possible that this individual with a rather notably large sized intellectual capacity is not really fond of a certain social media site on the World Wide Web known as Reddit.
Dec 1, 2020 2:51 PM

Sep 2019
It depends on what type of anime it is.
Dec 1, 2020 2:54 PM
No.1 Misato Simp

Sep 2019
Bro if your life is shit then change it
Dec 1, 2020 2:54 PM
Jul 2020
ikr, lmao if life was like attack on titan I'd be so much more happier

No but fr, If life were like a stereotypical highschool anime then the only things going for me are the scenery (And that only applies if the location is the suburbs)and finding your soulmate at an insanely young age.

Edit: you're from Boston, I feel you
AryaleDec 1, 2020 2:57 PM
Dec 1, 2020 2:55 PM

Aug 2020
That's not gonna happen in Real life EVER. This is just a fantasy. The things which cannot happen in real life are portrayed in the anime and we like that. That's the reason we see Animes to escape this shitty reality bruh...
Dec 1, 2020 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
yung_blunt said:

Still thinking about high school and an bitch two and half years later? I don't know what to say.
Dec 1, 2020 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
I for sure do fantasize about having superpowers because of the cool anime characters. I think it's normal. But. I will never fantasize about the things I can have in real life.

This thing is different:
> Thinking about my miserable high school life and my failed first love :(

By studying and working hard, you can have a good life, become a better person, and meet your future life partner. I think it's a bit pathetic to fantasize about romance anime to be real. The first comment by @Chro0oIsAWeeb is spot on.

Anyway, thinking back on my high school life. I was really satisfied. In my 4th year of college I became a weeb. I graduated, started working, and am now living a stable life while watching a lot of anime.
removed-userDec 1, 2020 3:00 PM
Dec 1, 2020 2:59 PM

Dec 2019
Depends, will I be at risk of dying nearly everyday? Will I constantly have drama to deal with? WILL I BE FORCED TO BE A SIDE CHARACTER?!

If I could choose, I'd want a SoL anime, like Natsume Yuujinchou or Nichijou. Just like real life, just people are more willing to hang out outside of school.

Though the border between fiction and reality is a very important thing. If you think your life is bad right now, try your best to fix it. Easier said than done I know, but letting yourself drown in fiction so you can ignore reality is not healthy. Try and keep a balance man.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."
-Kino's Journey
Dec 1, 2020 3:00 PM

Jan 2019
yung_blunt said:

When that first one goes tits-up it's always a downer, man. My first was the same.

But if I had to give any high schooler advice on it, my advice would be to get that shit done early. Get your heart broken when you're young. Cos you gotta know how to deal with it and get past it and the best way to do that, is go through it.

It also makes your next relationship much, much better. You get a clearer picture of who you are and what you want.

EDIT:- As far as anime goes though, I sometimes feel like spending a month in a slice of life would be like an emotional reset button.
Dec 1, 2020 3:00 PM
Apr 2020
AmityBlight said:
yung_blunt said:

Still thinking about high school and an bitch two and half years later? I don't know what to say.

Fuck! you're right guy. Don't say anything: fuck all that. We need to keep moving forward!
Dec 1, 2020 3:02 PM

Nov 2008
AmityBlight said:
yung_blunt said:

Lol are you kidding; I'm in my 30s and still have high school-related nightmares. OP's case is COMPLETELY normal.

@xamantra

What's "pathetic" about wishing one aspect of life was easier? If ALL of you had the option of 'anime romance' with the push of a button, you'd smash that thing faster than a nanosecond.

Just be honest with yourselves. lmao

Dec 1, 2020 3:03 PM
Apr 2020
xamantra said:
I for sure do fantasize about having superpowers because of the cool anime characters. I think it's normal. But. I will never fantasize about the things I can have in real life.

This thing is different:
> Thinking about my miserable high school life and my failed first love :(

By studying and working hard, you can have a good life, become a better person, and meet your future life partner. I think it's a bit pathetic to fantasize about romance anime to be real. The first comment by @Chro0oIsAWeeb is spot on.

Anyway, thinking back on my high school life. I was really satisfied. In my 4th year of college I became a weeb. I graduated, started working, and am now living a stable life while watching a lot of anime.

You are spot on as well! It is pathetic...I just felt like being pathetic because who doesn't want to be pathetic once in a while!

Tbh I am pretty satisfied as well. I'm in my second year of college doing well thanks to my high school. But sometimes its nice to shit on it and wish for better things.
Dec 1, 2020 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
@Chiibi

Anime RomCom is very unrealistic. I don't know about other mediums.

Wishing for a "better life" is different from wishing your life was like a RomCom anime.
Dec 1, 2020 3:06 PM

Apr 2020
Sometimes I just wish something I'm going through would happen like in anime. Pretty much just succeed like in anime.
Wanna play 8-ball?
Dec 1, 2020 3:06 PM
Apr 2020
Chiibi said:
AmityBlight said:

Lol are you kidding; I'm in my 30s and still have high school-related nightmares. OP's case is COMPLETELY normal.

@xamantra

What's "pathetic" about wishing one aspect of life was easier? If ALL of you had the option of 'anime romance' with the push of a button, you'd smash that thing faster than a nanosecond.

Just be honest with yourselves. lmao

Haha THANK YOU! I was getting a bit discouraged by these replies but at least someone gets it. All this is purely hypothetical
Dec 1, 2020 3:08 PM

Nov 2008
xamantra said:
@Chiibi

Anime RomCom is very unrealistic.

What's your point? Who said "realism is fun?"

Please point out the downside to me of being good-looking, marrying a highschool sweetheart who is just as good-looking, and living a lifetime of happiness with them?

Do show me why that is "wrong" to wish for?

Dec 1, 2020 3:10 PM
Aug 2020
Real world is shit but there are a ton of anime's i would not want to be in.

Dec 1, 2020 3:12 PM

Oct 2017
Idealised fantasies reap on the world that sees good and bad to the point that we only look at the bad. If we complain about little things that the vast majority of the world also experiences then we don't get anywhere, and it's our own fault. If those ideal circumstances become reality then we're just spoiled for complaining when we lose it: nobody else can experience what prize you had.
The same can be said for photo editing, etc. We only end up looking at something that's unnatural and then judge what's around us for being natural, it's a typical mindset nowadays: the more unnatural you can be, the more you're looked up to (as long as there's a large enough mob to coerce the whole of humanity that way).
Dec 1, 2020 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
There are so many high school romance anime. I don't know which show the OP is referring to. I think it was wrong on my part to cherry-pick harem romcoms and most unrealistic romance while writing my comments.

Tsuki ga Kirei is a realistic high school romance and I do think it's fine to want to experience that kind of life.

Yeah. I think if the OP mentioned a specific anime they fantasize. Comments would have been different.

@Chiibi
Dec 1, 2020 3:22 PM

Nov 2008
yung_blunt said:

Haha THANK YOU! I was getting a bit discouraged by these replies but at least someone gets it. All this is purely hypothetical

Yeah, many MAL people tend to be...for lack of a better term "unsympathetic, cynical buttholes" who will belittle you and act like they're better...but they're really not. :/

Don't let them get you down too much; they're just strangers on the internet.

Dec 1, 2020 3:29 PM
Apr 2020
xamantra said:
There are so many high school romance anime. I don't know which show the OP is referring to. I think it was wrong on my part to cherry-pick harem romcoms and most unrealistic romance while writing my comments.

Tsuki ga Kirei is a realistic high school romance and I do think it's fine to want to experience that kind of life.

Yeah. I think if the OP mentioned a specific anime they fantasize. Comments would have been different.

@Chiibi

I get it. Examples of anime I do fantasize about: Kaguya-sama Love is War

Harem obviously is unrealistic but come on man who doesn't want a harem
Dec 1, 2020 3:38 PM
Apr 2020
Bunille said:
Idealised fantasies reap on the world that sees good and bad to the point that we only look at the bad. If we complain about little things that the vast majority of the world also experiences then we don't get anywhere, and it's our own fault. If those ideal circumstances become reality then we're just spoiled for complaining when we lose it: nobody else can experience what prize you had.
The same can be said for photo editing, etc. We only end up looking at something that's unnatural and then judge what's around us for being natural, it's a typical mindset nowadays: the more unnatural you can be, the more you're looked up to (as long as there's a large enough mob to coerce the whole of humanity that way).

I completely agree with you. Sometimes we just get so stuck in this singular mindset like we're in a tunnel and we just keep digging deeper and deeper until we can no longer see the light. We all need to put down the shovel, take a step back, look at the big picture, see the light, and cherish the things we do have.

When I asked wouldn't it be nice if life were like an anime, it wasn't meant to be that deep. I just wanted people to say yes and tell me their favorite waifus lmao
Dec 1, 2020 3:46 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
yung_blunt said:
When I asked wouldn't it be nice if life were like an anime, it wasn't meant to be that deep. I just wanted people to say yes and tell me their favorite waifus lmao

Didn't realize that; well in that case I don't have any waifus or husbandos (don't understand why those are hot topics but anyway) but it'd be nice if life was like Madoka Magica so that I can wish myself the ending that everyone knows I deserve. What is that ending, you ask? Well I'll just leave that to everyone's imagination. It's probably pretty obvious anyway.
Dec 1, 2020 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
AmityBlight said:

I just turn 30 this year. I don't think about what bunch people who turn out be nobodies in the real world said to me 14 years ago. (I got out at 16)

Google anyone from high school who hated or tried belittle you. 9/10 they blue collar workers and single moms just complete losers.
Dec 1, 2020 3:57 PM

Oct 2017
Try your best to push your life towards what you want it to be. Give yourself more credit for what you're able to do. It can be crazy and entertaining and special if you make it that!
Dec 1, 2020 4:01 PM

Nov 2008
yung_blunt said:
but come on man who doesn't want a harem

I personally hate it when two people like me at once; it's incredibly stressful. xD

you have to keep them from killing each other too

It's like when one your friends HATES your other friend except 10 times worse than that....it's very uncomfortable to get stuck in the middle of a friend war.

Dec 1, 2020 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
it would be very nice. i wish I was a main character in a romcom anime. i hate being a 3D person. real life is shit.
Dec 1, 2020 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
I mean there are more realistic anime about love and other aspects of life too, not only sweet romcoms.

Chiibi said:
yung_blunt said:
but come on man who doesn't want a harem

I personally hate it when two people like me at once; it's incredibly stressful. xD

Given that you like both back: The real problem is: Do they like each other? I'm not against a sweet poly relationship, but I don't want any melodrama about jealousy there haha
Dec 1, 2020 6:12 PM

Jan 2016
Chiibi said:

lol yeah I can so totally relate haha...
This is not your grave...
But you are welcome in it :3

Dec 1, 2020 6:22 PM

Feb 2016
BlueBlur2000 said:
Imagine being the side character whose life is boring because the writer doesn't care for you

I sometimes think that this is my life.
その目だれの目?
Dec 1, 2020 6:28 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah, imagine if your life was like Berserk, would be very cool

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Yesterday

36 by 23feanor »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it still cool to hate moe? ( 1 2 3 )

Ahegyao - Mar 25, 2021

117 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
5 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite canon couples? (Beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - Mar 30

34 by Levi »»
15 minutes ago

» What anime character has the most annoying/toxic haters? ( 1 2 3 )

Adimus_prime - Mar 8, 2021

135 by niknasr »»
28 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1040 by Sounded_Neptune »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.