Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 27, 2020 2:38 PM

Oct 2017
Which male characters have annoyed you the most in anime?

For me it's: Shirou (F/SN), Suzaku (Code Geass), Boruto
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 27, 2020 2:41 PM

Sep 2018
shirou in the 2014 ubw anime is a great pick for this, tho I liked him in the heaven's feel movies
May 27, 2020 2:43 PM

Jun 2016
The MC from clockwork planet, loud ass sekai from gundam build fighters try and characters that remind me of suzaku like mikaela from owari no seraph and slaine from aldnoah zero.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 27, 2020 2:45 PM

Dec 2017
Mineta from BnHA

Basically all the main characters from Demon Slayer

Natsu from Fairy Tail

Three mains from SnK can get annoying at times too but not as much
DarahsMay 27, 2020 3:15 PM
May 27, 2020 2:49 PM

May 2019
I vote for major edgelords like Hachiman and teenage Thorfinn and of course useless 1D comic relief characters like Mineta.

Generic shounen protagonists like Deku, Gon, Goku, Luffy etc are also sometimes really overrated for how stubborn and stupid they are.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 27, 2020 2:55 PM

Sep 2018
Most isekai and harem mcs are anniying. Rito and the Isekai wa Smartphone mc are 2 of the worst of this imo.
May 27, 2020 2:56 PM

Dec 2018
My picks would be:
1. Excalibur (Soul Eater)
2. Mineta (MHA)
3. The Major (Hellsing Ultimate)
4. Mizuki (Naruto)
5. Shinji (Fate)
6. Kirito (SAO)
7. Morishige (Corpse Party)
Meow meow meow meow and meow shogi, meow meow meow meow and meow shogi.

Taking one step a time, I work and try my best.
Though I'm the weakest of the bunch,
Expect from me a good paw punch!
Meow meow pawn, meow shogi.

May 27, 2020 3:02 PM

Oct 2019
There was that one character Yu Gi Oh I think his name was Wevil or something, honestly everything about him was so annoying even his deck.....
May 27, 2020 3:03 PM

Jul 2017
Thought this was just gonna be the usual character hate thread, but nah, looks like we've got such a unique twist this time lol

May 27, 2020 3:09 PM
May 2019
Comic relief characters like Zenitsu.
Vast majority of bland generic harem protagonists.
Perverts like Mineta.
Rapey characters like Shinji from Fate series.
May 27, 2020 3:10 PM

Nov 2008
Mineta who was mentioned SEVERAL times, yes lol.

But I also hate Tomoki from Sora Otoshimono for the exact same reasons. Nobody seems to talk about him much...but I hate his personality and his REALLY annoying asf laugh.

I hate Makoto from School Days...Shinji from Fate franchise...

RESPECT GIRLS, YOU UGLY PIGS. D:<

May 27, 2020 3:11 PM

May 2016
Haruyuki Arita from Accel World by leaps and bounds. He is so pitifully annoying that he actually ruins an otherwise amazing show. He almost single-handedly drops the scored I gave Accel World from. 9 to a 7 (the fact that the series was left incomplete was another contributing factor.) Haru makes both NGE's Shinji and Fate/SN's Shirou seem manly, lovable, and tolerable by comparison.

It's fitting that his name is almost the same as Haro, that horridly annoying talking tennis ball from the Gundam franchise (the second most annoying anime character behind Haru imho.) I'd say they can both take a flying leap off the tallest building in the world, but they each possess the ability to fly and would survive the ordeal...
If you disagree with any thoughts or opinions expressed in the above post, you're wrong and I hate you forever!
May 27, 2020 3:37 PM

Oct 2018
-Asta from black clover because always scream in every situation
-hasegawa kodaks and Mc from white album 2. pathetic, lack of decision, coward
-Haruno sakura - my reason would different from a usual hater. maybe I hate the author more than the character.
-zenitsu from KnY -
-Eren yaegar
-bit*h

I have not watch tower of god, but I believed girl name Rachel will be on this list too...

May 27, 2020 5:04 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
Suzaku Kururugi and Shirou Emiya are extremely overhated, good grief. They aren’t perfect by any means but they have their merits.

Now as for male characters who are genuinely annoying and deserve to rot in piss:

Katsushit from BNHA, good god I hate him so much and if you like him and/or ship him with midoriya, then fuck you. Absolute dogshit personality with zero merit and extremely boring on top on that. I never seen a shonen rival this piss poor or a protagonist (izuku) with zero dignity. Also, he’s hideous and there are way hotter blondes in anime. He should choke on a STD-covered dick. And don’t you fucking dare call me a blind hater like a sheeple or tell me to read the manga.

Okita Sougo from Gintama, I genuinely want to see him suffer for putting hijikata through so much bullshit. He treats him like dirt, always tries to kill him, gets on his nerves like no tomorrow, and people call that friendship? Unbelievable. That is not how you treat a friend, let alone a comrade. The final straw was that SAW prank anf the way he treated hijikata in the genderbend arc.

Sinbad from Magi. This delusional manchild can go fuck himself for the shit he pulled in the final arc.

Astolfo alongside every other trap character in anime. Lets face it, they wouldn’t be popular if they weren’t traps. Also, only people who are insecure in their sexuality or sexist losers like them LUL.
May 27, 2020 5:32 PM

Dec 2019
- Boruto Uzumaki
- Yuki Amano
- Araragi Koyomi
- Thorffin
- Shirou Emiya
- Shinji Matou
- Kiyotaka Ayanokouji
- Eren Yeager
May 27, 2020 5:59 PM

Oct 2016
Just wanted to make sure Satan's spawn from Hero Academia was mentioned, so I'll see myself out.
He was only tolerable when they had him chained and muzzled like Hannibal Lecter.

Gonna go ahead and nominate the two mains from Steins Gate and the midget from FMA.
May 27, 2020 6:00 PM
May 2011
Eren yeager
Ash ketchum
Main character from aldnoah zero
Main character from mirai nikki
Suzaku
Gohan
May 27, 2020 6:01 PM
Oct 2015
I could write a literal essay (if i didn't hate writing) on how much I hate Suzaku Kururugi
May 27, 2020 6:03 PM
Mar 2018
Naruto, Naruto, and Naruto.... Oh and did I mention NARUTO?
what?
May 27, 2020 6:11 PM

Oct 2019
Sometimes Deku but MELIODAS annoys me to no end
May 27, 2020 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
Astora from Digimon Universe Appli Monsters.

If I hear "Noreru? Norenai?" one more time I will blow a gasket.
May 27, 2020 6:35 PM

Mar 2019
Kamina from Gurren laggan. Just a shonen idiot who doesn't think things through.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
May 27, 2020 6:36 PM

Mar 2019
phokingbeast said:
Eren yeager
Ash ketchum
Suzaku
Gohan

Oh yeah, eren used to be an annoying brat.
In season 1, more precisely.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
May 27, 2020 6:41 PM

Aug 2019
Just about every character in Bakuman.
May 27, 2020 6:44 PM

Nov 2018
90% of shounen protagonists. They are so bland and obnoxious.
"Otaku search for patterns within data presented and draw conclusions. Anime fans only see clones and copies."
-artificialnightsky

Oct 2017
mono_mer said:
phokingbeast said:
Eren yeager
Ash ketchum
Suzaku
Gohan

Yeah Eren has improved a lot (especially if you have read the manga), his character development is awesome.

Oct 2017
mono_mer said:
phokingbeast said:
Eren yeager
Ash ketchum
Suzaku
Gohan

Yeah Eren has improved a lot (especially if you have read the manga), his character development is awesome.
May 27, 2020 6:47 PM

Jan 2020
Tanjiro (kny) - extremely boring and bland. His too nice personality gets too old too fast

Asta (black clover) - all he does is shout "never give up" and work out. Boring af, barely any personality

Yuno (black clover) - 0/10 character. Only characteristic trait is that he's Asta's rival.

Gon (HxH) - again wayy too nice, that's all he has to him. No believable motives, nothing I can get behind. Gon is literally the reason why I put HxH on hold at episode 20. He's really annoying and makes me cringe every time he's on screen.

There are a lot others who've already been mentioned so I'm not gonna talk abt them
(shinji, mineta, meliodas etc)
MistaAshMay 27, 2020 6:51 PM
May 27, 2020 7:53 PM

Jan 2010
aisakafuyumi said:

Aside from his perversion that made me drop the show, is there any other reason? Just curious, lol.

On topic:

Mineta, period.

Also,
Makoto from School Days.

I can stand a lot of things that I find annoying in characters BUT super perverted characters that blatantly and proudly disrespect girls are just the worst.

Good thing that Mineta is only a side, useless character or else I'd drop the show already.
I also can't stand Meliodas for his perversion, one of the main reason why I drop the show.
Good thing that Itou Makoto ended that way in the end. Idk how I manage to watch the show till the end.
Thankfully, Sanji perversion is only minor compared to everything else that makes his character, but whenever he acts perverted I can't help but be extremely annoyed.
May 27, 2020 8:01 PM

Oct 2010
Godai Yuusaku, he's very annoying, I'm amazed girls even look ar him in a romantic way when he's such a loser. The degradation that we got from takahashi rumiko after moroboshi in urusei yatsura is astonishing.
May 27, 2020 8:03 PM

Oct 2019
CrimsonMidnight said:
aisakafuyumi said:

Aside from his perversion that made me drop the show, is there any other reason? Just curious, lol.

His perversion aside, the longer I watched the series the more I disliked his character 'development'. Once his background is revealed, his character went in a direction that I didn't personally enjoy.
May 27, 2020 8:59 PM

Aug 2018
Ghost Banri from Golden time.

NamikazeHime said:
No one here mentioned Sakura yet. Looks like people are finally forgetting about her existance, and so do I.

Yea, because the thread is titled “Most annoying male characters in anime” lol.
May 27, 2020 9:10 PM

Jul 2019
Hajime_Hinata said:
Ghost Banri from Golden time.

NamikazeHime said:
No one here mentioned Sakura yet. Looks like people are finally forgetting about her existance, and so do I.

Yea, because the thread is titled “Most annoying male characters in anime” lol.

I feel like Araki at this point.
Then it has to be Shirou from UBW.
May 27, 2020 9:16 PM

Apr 2020
I hate Any wimpy ass stupid protagonist
May 27, 2020 9:16 PM

Dec 2019
Mostly characters who only have a "FOR JUSTICE" moral standing. Those who do things just because it's the "right thing to do".
I'd like a little more depth please >>;;

This ends up being most protagonists sadly but if I had to be specific, I'd say either Izuku Midoriya or Tsunayoshi Sawada. I'm just personally not a fan of them.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."
-Kino's Journey
May 27, 2020 9:17 PM

Dec 2014
Zenitsu from Demon Slayer had cool moments but I cant stand his crying. It actually hurts my ears.
May 27, 2020 11:18 PM

Dec 2016
Steins; Gate would be a much, much more enjoyable show if it didn't have such an annoying immature idiot as mc
May 27, 2020 11:30 PM

Apr 2018
Zenitsu Agatsuma from Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Ranta from Hai to Gensou no Grimgar.

There's a few more with some mild annoyance, but these 2 annoyed me the most, probably at least 80% of their screentime.
γ€€
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain
γ€€
May 27, 2020 11:32 PM
Dec 2019
The annoying MC of Future diary (don't even recall his name)
Subaru from re;zero
Mineta from Bnha (off course)
Tanjiro from KnY (not exactly annoying, but there just nothing exciting in him)
Ken kaneki from Tokyo fools
May 28, 2020 2:00 AM

Apr 2020
Midoriya
sasuke
boruto
Asta
kurapika
gilgamesh
Eren yaeger
Meliodas
Motoyasu (shield hero)
Natsu
Sakamoto
Joe (megalobox)
Beelzebub IV (Beelzebub)
May 28, 2020 2:11 AM
Aug 2019
Almost every character from BNHA

Zenitsu from Demon Slayer

That new editor from Bakuman. 2nd season

Bell from DanMachi

Sakamoto from Sakamoto desu ga?

May 28, 2020 2:24 AM

Jun 2017
NamikazeHime said:

Well, this is about male characters, so..
May 28, 2020 2:35 AM
Aug 2019
The most annoying character that i've encountered so far would probably have to be Sakamoto.
May 28, 2020 2:35 AM
Mar 2016
Bakugou & Deku - BNHA

Suburo - ReZero

Goku - DB Super

Meliodas - Nanatsu no Taizai ( it was so bad that made me drop the anime)
May 28, 2020 2:42 AM

Jun 2019
I love One Piece but Luffy is an idiot, in the nicest possible way. He's seems to be more a tool to progress the storyline than an actual person most of the time. Of course he's an amazing fighter, but I find his personality (what there is apart from eating and fighting) to be annoying.

Ps - I'm only up to ep 160 in the Skypeia arc so I haven't seen any later Luffy after the time skip btw.
May 28, 2020 2:49 AM

Feb 2020
Koji_AmpedASH said:
Naruto, Naruto, and Naruto.... Oh and did I mention NARUTO?
you forgot Naruto, Naruto, and.....ooh Naruto
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2020 2:54 AM

Jul 2019
KE777 said:
NamikazeHime said:

Well, this is about male characters, so..

Already corrected myself in a response to another user.
May 28, 2020 3:00 AM

Oct 2019
- Emiya Shirou (Fate/Stay Night)

- Masaru Katou (Gantz)

- Slaine Troyard (Aldnoah.Zero)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2020 8:21 AM

Mar 2012
I've got plenty of character that I find annoying but worst one that pisses me off the most is Wolfram von Bielefeld. He's just a useless and abusive tsundere who only ever gets everyone into trouble. But of course horny fujoshis are blinded by his pretty face and praise him to no end.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's your favorite anime reference(s) to Ashita no Joe?

Daviljoe193 - 2 hours ago

7 by Daviljoe193 »»
3 minutes ago

» Why is fairytail the only Shonen anime that people complain for the power of Friendship when evrey other Shonen anime does.

Lol1268 - 2 hours ago

9 by Ratris_Decision »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime which quality considerably decreased with production of new series

Shabo-kun - Today

14 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
5 minutes ago

» Did you "really" watch a show if you didn't see it in Blu-Ray?

Dragevard - 32 minutes ago

7 by Ratris_Decision »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime songs that give you goosebumps.

TsutanaiFuun - May 23

47 by APolygons2 »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.